• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 5,312 Views, 140 Comments

triple dog - Ezrienel



Six young girls engage in a risky game of dares, with a pile of valuables at stake and a shaved head for anyone who fails. Based on the movie of the same name. AppleDash, FlutterMac.

  • ...
21
 140
 5,312

Filling up the Closet

3. Filling up the Closet

"I want to go home." Rarity said as she put her head into her hands. The rest of them had gathered around Applejack's bed, where the drama queen played her performance out. Applejack herself had just walked in from putting the horse back into the stable, and Rainbow Dash's fingers eagerly fondled the camera as if she wanted to replay it over again. "Those boys saw me, doing something so entirely uncivilized. What if they send those pictures to everyone at school? My steadily rising social status will plummet into nothing!"

"Oh relax, quit whining about it already." Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes from her place standing by the door.

"I am not whining, I am complaining!" Rarity defended herself, giving Rainbow Dash an aggravated stare before putting her hands over her eyes again.

"Whatever." Rainbow Dash licked her lips as she looked over to Applejack and she approached her steadily, walking around her and speaking her name, "Now, Applejack. Who is next?"

Applejack looked up to the group, and found one name that seemed suitable, "Fluttershy."

"Hmm." Rainbow Dash smirked and nodded, looking around at the rest of the room, "All right, you heard the lady. Pick someone to dare you."

"Oh, um," Fluttershy nervously stuttered out, her eyes shifting from girl to girl until she found someone whose good nature was sure to lead to something more fun than embarrassing, "Pinkie Pie, I guess, I mean if that's okay."

"Drum roll please," Rainbow Dash began to rapidly move her balled up fists, rolling her tongue to imitate the sound of fast drumming.

"Okay, okay! Give me a minute here," Pinkie Pie chirped, bouncing around as she tried to think of something that could top what Rarity had just done. A devilish smile graced her normally beaming face, and she turned back around to face Fluttershy. "Okay, I got it."

"Be nice, please." Fluttershy squeaked as she bit her lip and hid behind her hair.

Pinkie Pie breathed in slowly to build anticipation, then suddenly let it out, "I triple dog dare you to stay in Applejack's brother's closet until midnight!" But she was not finished, she turned around to her bag and began to riffle through it, "Wearing," She pulled the article out of her bag, a familiar blue and yellow number that was standard uniform for all the Canterlot high cheer leaders, of which Pinkie Pie was the captain, "This."

Fluttershy's eyes grew wide and blush appeared all across her face. Without warning, she ran out into the hallway and slammed the door behind her, "Fluttershy! Where are you going?" Came from the other side of the door.

"Bathroom!" Fluttershy squealed as she pressed her back against the door and held it shut with her hand. She breathed out quick little huffs and whispered under her breath, "Oh no, oh no, oh no!"

Knock, knock, knock.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash waited outside the room somewhat impatiently until the door opened. With a friendly and innocent grin, Applejack greeted her brother just as warmly as ever.

"Heya Mac, we got some snacks down stairs if y'wanna grab a couple, coast's clear while the girls are doin' their nails and whatnot in my room." Applejack told him convincingly, her honest nature betrayed by a sinister plot.

"Well that's mighty fine'a you to offer, I invited Spike over just so y'know, mind if I let him have some'a that grub?" He asked politely, and Applejack and Rainbow Dash exchanged pleased glances.

"Not at all, feel more than free to it." Applejack nodded pleasantly and turned around, waving to the large boy over her shoulder as she tugged Rainbow back to her bedroom.

"Think he bought it?" Rainbow murmured to Applejack as they reached her bedroom door, waiting as he left his room and started down the stairs to turn their attention over to the bathroom where Fluttershy still hid.

"I don't see why not." Applejack assured her as their eyes met, and they simultaneously turned and approached the bathroom door.

"Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash pounded incessantly on the door as Applejack gestured for the other girls to keep quiet and come out. "Fluttershy, come on, if you want to do it, you have to do it now!"

"I don't want to do it!" Her quiet voice breached the door, and though the others felt sorry for her, that was the game.

"Come on Fluttershy, it won't be that bad, not nearly as bad as shaving your head." Rainbow Dash tried to convince her, but groaned loudly when no response came.

"Oh sugar, you know he ain't gonna bite you or nothin' if he finds you. But I'm sure if you keep real quiet, you can hide there all night before he knows you're there." Applejack told her sweetly as Rainbow Dash peeked down the stairs to be sure her brother was not there. "I'mma pass the uniform through, okay? At least put it on, will you?"

"O-Okay," She simply agreed as her hand came out of the door, grasping at the cheerleading uniform as it was passed to her. The door closed again and Rainbow Dash sighed.

"You know you're getting off easy with this dare, Fluttershy." The rainbow-haired girl told her with a matter-of-factly tone, adjusting the black gloves over her fingers, "It could have been a lot worse."

"I-I know." Fluttershy nervously replied as sounds of shuffling were heard past the door.

"Move it, will you? He could be back any minute here, you're either a glutton for punishment or a dare devil, cutting things to the last minute like this." Rainbow Dash warned her, grinning as she knew that would get the meek girl moving.

"Um, right." Fluttershy turned the door knob suddenly and peeked her head out, hiding her body from her friends. They were never much to judge, but it was clear the uniform was a little big around her, seeing as how it belonged to the pudgy Pinkie Pie. The rest of the girls led her out of the room and hurried into Big Mac's, following Applejack to his closet and letting her pry it open, kicking some dirtied clothes around. "I'm scared."

"Don't be, everythin's gonna be just fine." Applejack consoled her as she let her step over the mess, looking so very foreign in a small closet meant for a farmer's clothing.

"Okay Fluttershy, listen close," Rainbow Dash told her as she leaned on the closet door, which had spaces between wooden blinds to air it out. "You have to send us a photo every fifteen minutes to prove that you're still in there, you have my number still, right?"

"Y-Yes," The timid girl moved her foot around a half folded shirt, letting her bangs fall over her eyes as she ducked into the shadows.

"I think I hear him coming," Twilight whispered from outside his room, standing guard.

"All right, we'll be back for you in just over an hour. Play nice." Rainbow Dash grinned and winked, implying something that Fluttershy did not want to imagine. The closet doors closed in front of her, and she peeped a squeak as she held her bag against her exposed midsection, feeling insecure even in the darkness.

Fluttershy sunk down to the bottom of the closet as she heard the rest of the girls leave, feeling so utterly alone and terrified. Voices drifted up the stairs that were vaguely familiar, and finally they came into eavesdropping distance.

"I can't believe the girls didn't even touch all those snacks!" It sounded like Spike's voice, and Fluttershy peered through the slots of the blinds to see him, hoping the slivers of light could not illuminate her.

"Eeyup," Big Mac's voice came next, and he closed the door behind them with his foot.

"I thought with Pinkie around anything sugary would be gone from the entire house," Spike went on as he went over to Big Mac's television, turning it on as he sorted through all kinds of video games and movies that were piled up around it. "What do you want to play?"

"Dunno, anythin' I s'pose." Big Mac said as he sat down on his bed, placing a bowl of chips on his bedside table and a plate of pizza beside him. He pulled a two litre of pop out from under his arm and placed it beside the chips, not even bothering to open it before taking a bit of the pizza.

"Oh cool! I love zombie games, and you have like every one ever made!" Spike mused as he grabbed an armful of games, as though he could shove them all into the console at once.

"I reckon I ain't got every one." Big Mac bashfully replied as he finished chewing, reaching over to grab the pop to wash it down.

"Where are your controllers?" Spike asked as he looked around the television on Big Mac's dresser, but the larger man stood up suddenly.

"In my closet, here, I'll go grab 'em." He told the younger boy as he approached the closet, terrifying Fluttershy into the farthest corner. She hurriedly grabbed one of his jackets and held it up over her face, camouflaging herself with the piles of clothes back there. The door creaked open as Big Mac rifled through his belongings, finally finding what he was after, "Ah, here w'go."

Fluttershy waited several seconds after the door was closed before letting the jacket fall off of her, her eyes wide as saucers behind it. She nervously fumbled around in her bag for her phone, finding it in a little pocket beside the curious bunny that hid within. She pulled it out and pointed it away from herself so that the camera was facing her, and took a picture. She brought it close to her face and let the light illuminate her as her fingers found the button she needed. Send.

The phone vibrated in rainbow Dash's pocket, and she leaned over on the bed close to Applejack so that she could extend her leg far enough that her tight pants would allow her to reach into her pocket. She pulled out the thing and held it in front of her, a smile creeping across her face as she recognized the face of her good friend even in the poor lighting.

"Hah, sweet, she's actually doing it." Rainbow Dash snickered obnoxiously as she turned her phone around and showed the picture to everyone around.

"Of course she did Rainbow, you would have shaved her head if she didn't." Rarity huffed a bit and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms defiantly. Rainbow Dash just frowned.

"That's the game, Rare." Rainbow explained as she kicked her feet back and forth, "Quit being such a sour puss about it, Jeez."

"You have no boundaries." Rarity murmured as she shook her head, letting the subject fall.

"Now, on to the good stuff." Rainbow Dash's eyes flickered back up to the farmer girl who sat beside her, "Applejack, who, may I ask, is next?"

This time, Applejack was prepared. She had thought a little bit about the order by now, and her gaze shifted to the girl in question, "Pinkie Pie."

"Oh, yay! It's finally my turn!" She cheered happily as she clapped and jumped, grinning as she looked around at her options, "Okay, I want... I want... Twilight! You dare me, and dare me good!"

"Me?" Twilight blinked, unprepared for once. She furrowed her brow and thought a bit about it, trying to match her friends on the level that their dares were. Finally, something of an idea dawned on her, and she looked over at her pink-haired friend, moving a little closer. "All right. There's a light show that goes on in the middle of Canterlot gardens every Friday night just before midnight. I went there with my brother a few times when I was younger." She began explaining, and the girls exchanged glances just thinking where this was going. Twilight cleared her throat and put her hand to her lips, beginning in a regular voice but dropping to a whisper as she spoke into Pinkie Pie's ear, "I triple dog dare you, to..."

Pinkie Pie's usual beaming smile persisted for a while as Twilight spoke, but the longer she spoke in a hush the more devastated Pinkie's expression became. Her eyes widened with every word and she brought her hands to her lips to hold in a gasp. She swallowed nervously, something no one was sure the outrageous and dynamic Pinkie Pie was capable of.

"I have to do what?!" She screamed out loud as her voice broke at the top of her vocal range, causing the rest of the girls to cringe and cover their ears. Even Fluttershy heard something from her place in the closet, but said nothing as she waited for another several moments to pass before she could send another picture.

"I think you heard me correctly." Twilight Sparkle smiled a bit as she got the reaction she had hoped for, and the rest of the girls looked around in wonder.

Fluttershy heard the car start moments later, but being silenced by her confines she said nothing. Instead, she texted Rainbow Dash and asked where they were going. The only reply she got was:

Dash: Canterlot gardens. It's gonna be awesome. Watch it on tape later.

Author's Note:

Just another short and sweet chapter, worry not, the next one will be longer and more... involving. The dares shall only get better, I hope. Enjoy, comment, and suggestions are always welcome!