• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 3,168 Views, 145 Comments

Seven Ponies, Seven Trials, Seven Loves - Lieutenant Bubbles



Six ponies cast a spell to find their special somepony. But one will add herself by accident.

  • ...
11
 145
 3,168

Chapter One: Spell gone Right?

Hearts and Hooves day was coming around again, and the friends of Ponyville were starting to feel a little lonely. Yet another year had gone by and they still hadn’t found that special somepony for each of them. They had watched as ponies all around them had found their loves, and even Spike had found a girl dragon to date. So it was without question that Twilight Sparkle was in her library looking for a spell to help her and the girls find their special someone.

“No, that’s not it… Spike can you get me that copy of A Ponies Guide to Hearts please?” Twilight asked. She sighed as she closed the cover on yet another useless book. She still hadn’t found the right spell, and she’d been working at it for nearly two weeks. She could tell that everypony was getting restless. Rarity was fussier, Apple Jack hadn’t been bucking as well, Rainbow Dash had slowed down, even Pinkie Pie wasn’t as happy as usual. The only one who seemed unaffected by this loveless depression was Fluttershy, but that could have been because she was nervous.

Twilight sighed again and turned to watch as Spike climbed his ladder, looking for the book she’d asked for. “Ooohhh, if only I could use my magic to find the right book!” Twilight shouted, stomping her hoof in frustration. As she did, she unconsciously called for the book, and a dusty old tome flew through the building, knocking Spike right off his ladder. He grumbled and looked at the book that had caused him to bend a few scales. Olde and Forgotten Magicks was the title he saw. He picked it up and walked it over to Twilight.

“Have you tried this one?” He asked, staring nervously at the ladder, clearly worried that she’d ask him to go back up again. Twilight, woken from her reverie looked closely at the book. She didn’t even know they’d had this one so she hadn’t thought to look there, and she said as much. She took the old book from Spike and started flipping through pages. She stopped suddenly and shouted.

“Ifoundit! Ifoundit! Ifoundit!” She chanted happily. She stopped chanting and jumping just long enough to actually read through the spell. “Oh. Oh boy, this is gonna take some work….”

The rest of the ponies had gathered outside of Fluttershy’s house and were eagerly awaiting the arrival of Twilight. It wasn’t long that they had waited, but they all couldn’t wait to hear what it was she’d found. Pinkie Pie spotted her first, and in typical Pinkie fashion, started jumping and shouting, “She’s here! She’s HERE!”

Twilight trotted down to the expectant ponies, a little grim faced. She’d read through the entirety of the spell, and was worried that they wouldn’t be able to pull off something so complex. However, they’d done other amazing things through the power of their friendship, and so there was a chance they could pull it off.

“Hi guys!” Twilight said cheerily as she stopped. Everypony greeted her warmly, and Fluttershy was a bit louder than usual surprisingly. “Well, I don’t see a point in waiting, so here it is!” The faded book flew out from Twilights bag and opened to the pages of the spell in front of her. Everypony read through it.

[Althoughe olde and seldom used, the heart finding spell is moste useful. It allows a pony to find the stallion or mare that is their soulmate. A worde of caution before the spell, it draws not just from pony kind, but from all the worlds in entirety, for some soulmates may be founde in far away places.
In order to perform this moste ancient magick, you will need two unicorns, and a pegausus pony. Any other ponies whom so wish to find their soulmate shoulde join with the unicorns hooves, and sit encircled. The unicorns shoulde then focus outwards on the wish of finding the soulmate as the pegausus flies towardes the circle from greate height, the speed of which shall cause an explosion which shall cause the wish to spread.
Everypony shall find their soulmate by the next HearteHooves day.

Pinkie Pie looked up, her eyes crossed and her face showing clearly how much she’d concentrated to try and figure out the odd words. “But what does it all mean?”

“It’s not that hard really. We all sit in a circle, hoof to hoof, while Rarity and I concentrate on the wish and Rainbow Dash makes a sonic Rainboom just above us,” Twilight said enthusiastically. It was all the other ponies could do not to show their excitement on their faces. It was Rainbow Dash who spoke her mind first.

“Sounds like we need another Rainbow Dash special! Alright!!!! Lets do this!” Rainbow was halfway into the air as Pinkie Pie blew her party horn! Everypony else nodded and voiced their agreement. Twilight started moving to hold hooves with her friends, sighing. They hadn’t really thought this one out, but with friends like these, well thought out decisions were a fantasy.

Everypony held hands as Rainbow Dash soared high into the sky. Twilight watched as Rainbow flew higher and higher until she was just a speck in the sky. She figured that it was time. She nodded to Rarity. “Alright everyone, just think of your perfect somepony! “ As each pony thought of the perfect stallion they wanted, a bright glow began to form above them.
Rainbow, watching the ground like a hawk, saw the start of the glow and began falling gracefully. Her wings tucked back behind her, the air blowing over her frame, it was exstatic. Rainbow thought of her special somepony she wanted, but was having a hard time thinking that there could be anything better than this. She fell faster and faster, until a cone of air began to form around her. Performing a sonic rainboom was hard under the best of circumstances, but she’d done it twice now, and she knew that she could do it again.

Far off, in the distance, Derpy Hooves was preparing the mail for her daily delivery. She hummed happily to herself, glad that she could finally be useful. Even after the disaster at town hall, the Mayor had been kind to her. This was a job that she could do, and it worked out well for her. She even got to Sugar Cube Corner in time to get a fresh muffin or two from Pinkie Pie. She closed her eyes and flew by feel for a moment, only to be distracted by thoughts of loneliness. She enjoyed delivering the mail, but she wished that she didn’t have to go back to an empty home afterwards. Sure she spent time with her friends, but that wasn’t always enough. It would have been enough for her to just have somepony, anypony there. It was in the middle of that thought that she was hit by a speeding Rainbow Dash.

The force with which the two hit dazed Derpy for a moment, and she fell. Rainbow, shaking her head to clear the fuzziness from the impact saw Derpy falling wildly. She pushed herself harder to try and catch the falling Pegasus. Derpy might be a pain at times, but Rainbow didn’t hate her, and she sure wasn’t about to let her get hurt.
Faster and faster Rainbow flew, the cone of air around her focusing more and more as the ground loomed. Finally, seconds before impact, three things happened. Rainbow’s speed broke the speed of sound, she caught Derpy, and it all happened right in the middle of the Glow. Twilight, Apple Jack, Rarity and Fluttershy smiled at Rainbows success, as Pinkie Pie jumped and hollered and made a spectacle of herself.

Rainbow flew off, Derpy held safely in her hooves, and smiled. Three successes weren’t bad at all. Derpy, finally regaining consciousness, looked at Rainbow sadly, her eyes off in their vacant, wall-eyed position. “Sorry I bothered you Rainbow Dash…

The spell had worked, and it’s mysterious force went to work, gradually pulling in the ponies that were meant for each of the now seven. But Derpy’s wish of Anypony worked it’s mysterious mischief, and so it was not ponies it would pull, but seven soon to be ponies……