• Published 23rd Aug 2013
  • 2,006 Views, 59 Comments

Big Mac's Vacation: Canterlot. - MoltenXKid



Twists and turns, secrets and hushed whispers are way out of the comfort zone of this poor stallion, but he'll have to suck it up and deal with it, for he may be the only pony able to stop the corruptness from entering the captial of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 59
 2,006

A Quick Visit Home, Part 1

Author's Note:

Guess who's back? Back again. Kid is back. Tell a friend...please...please...tell them.

Sorry about the lack of updates. I just been busy or lazy or uninterested in writing. Not that it matters. Anyway, leave some comments. concerns, positives, negatives, riots, food, titans, Eren, Mikasa, Armin Naruto...wait what?

Enjoy.

Mac awoke around his usual time, the sky was still black and Luna was still on guard. He looked on the calendar on the wall. Today marked the second week of his vacation. For the past few days, nothing had been going on. No new missions, jobs, or assignments, just a bunch of training which helped him develop some skill, and even rest from previous missions. Don’t get him wrong, he liked the missions, but peace was what he desired. What was he going to do today? He didn't know, but he had a feeling something was going to happen.

Mac began to rise out of bed, but something felt different. Off. He immediately grabbed his pillow and flung it into the darkest corner. POMF. It hit something…but what?

“Whoever you are, come out of the darkness. I have more pillows.” Mac ordered.

“Calm down…” a voice responded, “I’m scared of pillows.”

“Hush? Were you watching me sleep?”

“No…*cough*…I'm glad to see the uh…training is working.” Hush stammered.

“Yeah…so why are ya in my room?”

Hush went over and lit the lantern next to Mac’s bed. She then reached into her satchel and grabbed two train tickets, shoved one into Mac’s chest, and waited for a response. Mac examined the ticket. “First Class: Row A, Seat 5. PonyVille.” He chuckled a bit because it must have been a joke, but when he looked at Hush, she was completely serious…as always. “You gotta be kidding me, right? I’m from there.”

“We have to watch a stallion that happens to be visiting that backwoods town. And since you’re from there, we figured you’d be the best for it.”

“I’m on vacation. My family will think something is up if I return. Our cover will be blown.” Mac stated.

“Don’t you worry about that. Your shadow has it covered.”Hush said punching Mac on the shoulder. He forced a smile through the pain, “Now get ready. Our train leaves in one hour.”

Before Mac could say or do anything, Hush ran to the window, grabbed a rope, and descended into the night. All Mac could do was sigh as he began to pack. He knew he’d have a lot of questions to answer from his family and friends, but hey, at least he'll get to see them. He was more than a little homesick. With a heavy sigh and light carry bag, Mac ran for the train.
______________________________________________________________________________________

“Where the buck have you been?” asked Hush.

“Well, it’s a pretty far distance from the Castle to the train station.” Replied Mac.

“Well you better hurry…” Hush waved her hand from the train window, “At the rate you’re going, you’ll never catch the train.

Right before Mac’s eyes, the train began to pull off .Slowly, the train moved, but accelerated to speed equivalent to his own. Then, it surpassed him. He galloped faster trying to catch the door handle, yet missed. He looked for something else to grab, and also heard Hush laugh at his failure. He’d show her. Concentrating on the job at hand, Mac searched frantically for something to jump on. Quickly, the train moved from his reach. His legs burned from running, his lungs ached for air, and his pride hurt from Hush’s constant laughing, so with one final idea, he leaped onto the back porch of the train. Unfortunately, his leap wasn't’ good enough and his hoof slipped past the railing. His life began to flash before his eyes until he suddenly stopped falling.

“I’ll give you points for determination, but a deduction for execution.”

Mac looked down at his hind legs which were dangling below him just missing the rails below. Hush’s hoof was lazily holding Mac’s. “Just pull me up already. This isn't safe, Hush.”

“Hmmm…”

“PULL ME UP!!”

“Okay…only because you said it so politely.”

Hush pulled Mac up and they went to sit down in their seats. As usual, Mac sat in the economy class, but when Hush kept walking, Mac followed. “We agents only ride in style.” She said. With that, Mac sat in first class and waited as the train approached Ponyville.

“Any idea on how we’re gonna do this?” he asked.

“Just let your shadow handle it ,okay?”

“Eeyup.”said as he fell asleep.
______________________________________________________________________________________


The train slowed into the Ponyville station. Mac had already awoke a couple minutes earlier. Ponies around him were gathering their items and prepared exit the train. He could have sworn he even saw the stallion he met the first time he boarded the train. He began to exit the train car, but felt weight shift on his side. He looked and Hush was sleeping on his side. In Mac’s opinion she seemed kind of stunning…in an aggressive kind of way.

“I bet you thought I was sleeping…No…acting.” Hush whispered, “Now you see that stallion. The one you were looking at before. He’s our target.”Hush yawned out.

Mac turned to look.

“Stop!” Hush hissed, “He’ll know if you’re staring. We just need to follow, and if necessary, capture him. And before you ask, he’s a courier. Now, gather your things.”

Both spies got their bags and exited the train. The familiar smell hit Mac. Fresh, clean, and cool. Hush, on the other hoof, coughed and had a hard time breathing the clean. ‘City folk’ though Mac. He took one last deep breath before he followed Hush.

Everything seemed so familiar to Mac that he almost forgot he was on a mission. He waved to ponies he knew, bought some food from the markets. It all felt…natural. He was in pure bliss until something too natural looked him straight in the eyes.

“Big Macintosh? What'cha doing back so early?” He heard his sister say. She was surrounded by the rest of her friends. He wanted to respond, but nothing came out. His mouth went dry, he froze in place, and his pupils dilated. Nothing came to mind…he was trapped.

“OH HI!” He heard Hush say, “You must be Applejack. Mac has told me so much about you!”

Hush’s voice changed from its usual stoic commanding voice to…something sweet and kind. Mac wasn't sure if this was the same person he had did so many missions with anymore.

“Uh…hi? And you are?” asked Applejack.

“My name is uh…Secretaire.” Hush answered.

“Hi…so why are you back, Mac?”

“Well you see,” Hush answered, “Mac was soooo homesick that we just haaad to come here and visit. And I just had to see the town my Stallion friend came from.”

“Stallion friend, you say?” Applejack’s right eyebrow rose. Behind her, Mac could see the rest of the mane six sigh and roll their eyes.

Twilight was looking over Hush and noticed her more bat-like appearance. “I’m guessing you work with Luna?”

“Mhmmm, I work in the paper work department. Actually, that’s how Maclicious and I met. He just walked by and we hit it off.” Hush answered.

“Maclicous?” the mane six said in unison

They all looked at Mac and he just responded, “Eeyup.” What else could he do? Like Hush said, she handled everything. Not exactly what he thought, but she did. In the middle of the conversation, Mac noticed the stallion walk into Sugar Cube Corner. Hush and Twilight noticed too.

“Well, look at the time…Mac and I should really get going. Places to see…” Hush grabbed Mac’s hoof and they ran off. When they were outta sight, the entire group looked towards Applejack ,who simply shrugged. “Who knew he was such a stud?”

"Every mare in Ponyville" Rainbow Dash replied.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Both agents ran to the area behind Sugar Cube Corner. Breathing heavily, Mac grabbed Hush and brought her close.

“What the buck was that?!”He let her go and began pacing.

“I told you I would handle the situation, and I did.” Hush seemed relaxed in the current situation, “Now, calm down. We just need to watch that stallion, and take our leave. ”

Not waiting for an answer, Hush made her way around the sweet shop, and entered. Mac followed like a good agent. The familiar smell hit the farmer like a shovel. Cupcakes,muffins,cakes. It was heaven baked into pastries. Hush struggled as she gasped for clean air. Apparently, the Cake family used “too much sugar.” Both agents got in line and waited. Three ponies were between them and their target.

This line moved a bit quicker than others. The Cake’s business was like a well oiled machine. Always working to satisfy the customer with fresh baked goods.


The stallion finally reached the counter, yet seemed unsure of what to order. He stroked his chin with thought.

“What do you recommend for a group?” he asked in a low whisper.

“Well…” Mr. Cake thought, “Our Red velvet cupcakes seem to satisfy an pony’s tastes.”

“I’ll take three boxes…”

“Thirty-five bits, but I guarantee they are worth the price."

As the stallion paid, Mr. Cake retrieved the cupcakes one by one, and placed them in carrying boxes. This ended fairly quickly, and the stallion soon left, carrying three balanced boxes on his back. Mac went to follow, yet Hush pulled him back. “Do you want to raise suspicions? We shall wait before following, Padawan.” So, they continued to wait in line. After fairly four minutes, Hush decided to resume the following, but they were already at the beginning of the line.

“Heya, Mac. Long time no see. Heard you been the real hero of Canterlot through my banker friend.” Mr. Cake stated. He began filling out Mac’s usual order: Banana Nut Muffins, “And don’t worry. This little food secret is still safe with me.”

“Eeyup.”

Big Macintosh took the bag, then left. The next customer was now being served. Their hooves clamped against the floor for a couple of seconds before Hush asked a questions, “Why did you not pay?”

“Ponyville is renowned for its niceness and hospitality…plus I trade apple with them a lot. It's good busi-“

The red stallion tripped only to face plant head first into dirt. He face , shoulder, teeth, everything now hurt. He painstakingly rose back up. He turned around to see Twilight, also on the ground, and assumed he tripped over her. Mac, being a gentle-stallion, walked over and ,using one arm, lifted Twilight to her hooves.

“Mac! I’m so sorry. I wasn’t paying any attention. I-I…”

“No worries. Just be careful were you’re going.”

Twilight only nodded before she walked off in some random direction. Mac could only shrug and followed Hush to another location-The Carousel Boutique. Hush and Mac could both agree that this place was the bane of their existence. Smelly perfumes, frilly dresses, and too much lace. Apparently, that was the style. The only reason they followed was because of the stallion. Unfortunately, they were too late, and he just left, yet that didn't mean the owner didn't know anything.

“Rarity, can we ask you some questions?” Mac asked.

“Of course, go right ahead.” She responded, coming from under a stack of cloth.

“That stallion…what was his name?”

“Uh…Loose Lips…I believe.”

“...and he ordered?”

“Nothing! He simply wasted my time! The imbecile couldn't distinguish a Garter stitch from a Stockinette stitch…Ugh…”

“Oh…”

Another dead end. Mac guessed he would simply have to keep following Loose Lips. ‘What a stupid name for a courier.’ he thought. Once again, he turned to leave, yet Hush didn't follow. She was too busy chatting with Rarity, and using her changed voice from earlier. Mac couldn't hear much of the conversation, but when Rarity rushed over started taking his measurements, he knew something was up.

“Uh…”

“Calm down ,dear. “ Hush said in her changed voice, “I only asked Miss. Rarity here to take your measurements for a new tux. Remember, we have that party in four days in Canterlot.”

"Of course…” Mac droned.

The next couple of minutes were indeed uncomfortable for Macintosh. He couldn’t move. He was advised not to breathe, lest the measurement be thrown off. On certain occasion, Lil Miss Rarity would get near more sensitive areas which only resulted in Mac becoming more embarrassed. When the process was over, Mac let out a sigh of relief. That was the worst three minutes of his life. Rarity, happy with her results, told them the outfit would be ready by the party. With that, both agents turned to leave.

“You know, you turn the loveliest shade of red when you’re embarrassed.” Hush commented, "which is weird because I never thought you could see red on red.”

“Shut u-“

Mac, once again, tripped, and hit the floor. Fortunately, his hooves caught him before his face made contact with the unforgiving ground. He turned around ,again, to see Twilight lying in dirt. “Again?”

“Well, our paths seem to be crossing a lot today Mac…”Twilight let out a nervous laugh.

“Yeah,but why are you here…you don’t wear dresses.”

“Oh you know…I…have an….essay…yeah an essay…on fashion and decided to go to Rarity for help.” She put on her biggest smiled and slipped into the Boutique. Hush disregarded the situation, yet Mac knew something was fishy. Before he could investigate further, Hush began to pull him to Ponyville’s only hotel-The Queen’s Castle. A name a little to regal for the three star hotel. She pushed open the door, spoke with the manager,got the keys, and walked to a room. Mac simply followed.
When they arrived, Mac saw Loose refilling his icebox,yet when Hush didn't move, Mac didn't either. She kept her composure, and so would he. She opened up the door next to the room of Loose, walked in, and locked the door. The room wasn't as bad as he expected. A bathroom, a window with a good view of Ponyville, Radio, a nightstand with a Picture of Celestia and Luna, and only one bed.

“I’ll sleep on the floor.” Mac offered.

“For Celestia’s sake, don’t be such a wimp. It’s a bed. It can fit the two of us comfortably. Besides, I’m not sleeping,“Hush said as she reached under the bed and pulled out a black bag. “I’m listening to our friend, Loose, all night.”

They sat for hours against the wall listening for anything out of the ordinary, yet Loose's room was quiet. Perhaps too quiet. Mac slowly grew tired of the waiting, and decided to retire to the nice ,comfortable, bed across the room. Hush,on the other hoof, kept a listening ear for anything interesting. She was determined mare. Macintosh climbed into the bed, slowly closed his eyes, yet couldn't sleep without doing one thing.

“Good night, Hush” he said.

“Eeyup.”