• Published 23rd Aug 2013
  • 2,007 Views, 59 Comments

Big Mac's Vacation: Canterlot. - MoltenXKid



Twists and turns, secrets and hushed whispers are way out of the comfort zone of this poor stallion, but he'll have to suck it up and deal with it, for he may be the only pony able to stop the corruptness from entering the captial of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 59
 2,007

I give you my word.

“Welcome Big Macintosh to your swearing in ceremony!”

Mac opened his eyes to see that he was in a dark room. He noticed an aisle leading up a podium. On either side of it were candles that provided a small amount of light in the dark room. Cautiously, he followed the walkway. As he did, ponies, dressed in black cloaks, began to chant as they appeared along the edges of the walkway. Mac was becoming weary, yet he continued walking. Honestly, he didn’t know how he got to this place.

“Yes, come to the podium!” A black cloud flowed into the room from different angles. Once it came together, it formed non-other than Princess Luna. “You know…what you are about to do will chang-“

“Luna…enough with the theatrics,” Celestia interrupted, stepping from behind Luna, “It’s 3 a.m…”

“We have not done this ceremony in many years,” Luna said, “We will have all the theatrics!”

Mac reached the podium. It was old and had a thick layer of dust. In certain areas, the wood was starting to peel. It didn’t seem to matter, Luna looked as if she was having a good time. Celestia, on the other hoof, wasn’t having fun at all. She was annoyed by the whole ceremony.

“Big Macintosh…this is no ordinary organization, “Luna spoke with a serious tone, “You will be part of something bigger than yourself. Can you handle it?”

“…” Mac saw fog rolling off the candles. This whole ceremony wasn’t necessary, but what the hay. “Eeyup.”

“A life of secrecy is what awaits you. No matter what, no words of this ceremony or what you do for this agency may ever past your lips. Can you handle it?”

“Eeyup.”

A hoof laid its resting point on Mac’s shoulder. Startled, Mac turned around with his hoof prepared. He sent his hoof flying towards the random stranger, but it was immediately blocked. Then, another hoof found its way to Mac’s throat.

“You’re getting better, but you still suck.” complemented a familiar voice, “At least I know you can throw a half-decent punch.”

“Shouldn’t you be in the hospital…?” Mac replied looking at a cloaked pony.

“Like I said before, I’ve been in worse.” reminded Hush-Hush as she pulled the hood of her cloak off.

Luna raised her hoof, signaling for silence. The low moaning of the other cloaked ponies ceased. The candles slowly grew brighter. The fog grew thicker leaving a heavy layer on the floor. Using her magic, Luna levitated a book towards Mac. It flipped past pages faster than Mac could read until stopped on an empty one. One thing the stallion did notice was that on each page there was a short passage and two lines meant for signatures.

“For every new member, an older member needs to be assigned to teach and help them. We call them shadows.” Celestia explained.

Mac nodded and took a feather pen that Luna levitated to him. Before he could sign, the pen was snatched away by Hush-Hush. She simply shook her head.

“Agent, can you vouch for this stallion?” Luna asked.

“Yes I can, princess.” Hush answered as she signed her full name. Unfortunately, Mac couldn’t read it

“If you are truly serious about your commitment to this organization, sign your name,” Luna’s eyes began to glow,” But remember there is no going back. Once you make this choice, it’s final. Are you ready?”

“Eeyup.” replied Mac with his stoic expression. Internally, he wasn’t sure about the decision he was making. He acquired the pen from Hush and started to signing his name.

As he did, dark tentacles came from the book and slithered up his arms. He looked and noticed that his fur color was changing to gray. He felt his teeth becoming sharp. Immediately, he dropped the pen and the tentacles receded.

“What the hay was that?!” Mac asked, shocked from the tentacles.

“That is the final process in the ceremony,” Luna responded, “Once you finish signing, you will be transformed into a better agent for the job.”

"Luna!" Celestia complained, "Really? You're still on that whole bat-pony thing?"

"It is how one fully embraces the agency."

“Eenope. Sorry princess, but that ain’t happening.” Mac said simply.

“How else do you expect to complete the ceremony?” Luna asked demandingly.

Mac stopped and stared the princess of the night in her eyes. He then lifted up his hoof and put it out in front of him. The princess stared at it for a moment before putting on a questioning expression.

“Ma word is just as good as any magical contract.” He said, “If ya can’t trust that, then you found yerself the wrong stallion.”

Luna let out a smile. She had never met a stallion like Mac before. In her many years of running her agency, no one had ever denied the transformation. There was a first for everything she guessed. Celestia let out of soft smile. She knew he could be trusted ,for his sister was the element of honesty.

“Okay, Big Macintosh. You have a deal.” Luna confirmed. She connected her hoof to Mac’s. The clang of hoof meeting metal rang throughout the room.

The book opened to the empty page. Next to Hush’s real name, Luna signed Mac's name. After the princess finished, Mac felt some sort of connection to Hush. He walked over to his new shadow and stuck his hoof out. Hush promptly put her hoof in Mac’s and shook.

“Welcome Mac, to the Equestrian Intel Agency.” Luna said in a welcoming tone. This was followed by cheers of the of everypony in the room.


*************************************


Mac lay in his bed with his new E.I.A badge. It shined even in darkness and was made from pure Equestrian silver. Along with it, he received something called a communication stone. No matter where he went, this stone had to be with him. He also received other items, but he was too tired to examine them all. He'd figure them out in the morning.

A real bonus to this whole situation was that he’d receive a stipend per month and mission he completed. All to be automatically added to the farm’s bank account. That part helped him rest easy. There was never a time on the farm when a couple of extra bits couldn’t help.

He wrapped himself in the covers of his bed. Sleep was taking him over and drawing a close to his second day. He wouldn't get much sleep though because his farm mentality would wake him up in a few hours. It didn't matter. It was about time this stallion had fun anyway.

Author's Note:

An update so quickly. Well that's because this was originally suppose to be apart of "A Visit and Dinner". But I figured that the E.I.A would be a more secretive agency and Luna, still being stuck in her ways, would appreciate a traditional swearing in ceremony. Anyway, tell me how ya feel about this. I'm all ears...well eyes since I'm reading...