• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 569 Views, 60 Comments

A Hero in need - DrakeFang



It's been a few years since DrakeFang's wife died, yet he never got over it. A fateful encounter forces Pinkie to bring in her match making skills once more, and restore her old friend to who he once was.

  • ...
13
 60
 569

Chapter 2: Drake to the rescue

Chapter 2: Drake to the rescue

The running suddenly came to a stop as a mare bumped into Azaxol, causing Drake too look back. The mare looked frightened, some tears rolling across her face and she appeared to be trembling. A stallion appeared to be chasing her, and he stood still in front of Drake and Aza, wobbling on his legs. Clearly this stallion had drank too much cider, or any alcohol for that matter.

"Oi, that there mare be mine", he spoke in a tone that definitely confirmed he was drunk. "I paid her to have some fun~", he continued, and Drake and Aza glanced at the mare in question, whom had hidden behind Aza's back by now. "Ah ain't that kind o' mare!", she yelled with a tremble in her voice, which appeared to have a slight southern accent, much like the farmers at Sweet Apple Acres. "Please, y'all gotta help me" was the next thing she said. Drake glanced back at the drunkard, and before he realized it, the drunkard's hoof had hit his face, leaving the mare in shock. This guy was actually picking a fight with Drake. Something Azaxol knew was a foolish thing to do as a common pony. He smirked at that thought.

Drake grabbed the hoof pressed against his face, holding it slightly away from him. Glancing at Aza, he grinned. "Aza, did this guy really try to punch me like that?" Azaxol couldn't help but just chuckle at that remark. "I think he just did, Drake. What're you gonna do about that?" The drunkard attempted to use his other hoof to free himself, to no avail. Drake leaned back, and gave the drunk fighter a hard headbutt, slamming him on the ground, letting go of his hoof. It was clear that must've hurt.

The mare behind Aza looked surprised, yet impressed. This guy was actually standing up for her without even knowing who she was! The drunkard stood up, rubbing his head and glaring at Drake. "Now, I'll only be telling you once. Leave this mare alone and go back to wherever you came from.", Drake said in a very serious tone. This didn't stop the drunkard from making another move at his face, though. With a quick reflex, Drake grabbed the hoof coming at him, and grinned slightly, looking him directly in the eyes. "...Wrong answer."

A combo of a stomach punch and uppercut sent the helpless drunk pony flying against a tree, even pushing him IN the tree slightly. Slowly and intimidating, Drake walked up to him. "Now, I'm in a good mood, so listen closely." Aza smirked a bit. Drake was so not in a good mood. "Leave the mare be, or I'll send you flying to Canterlot Mountain. And trust me, I can send you flying to Canterlot Mountain." Fear began filling the drunkard's face. "B-But I paid her, sh-she's mine!", he yelled as he began squirming his way out of his narrow position. "Aza?", Drake asked as he glanced at him. "Do what you feel like doing~", Aza replied in a playful tone.

Without hesitation, Drake unleashed a powerful punch, his hoof seemingly on fire. It was a technique he had been practicing which he called Crimson Fists. The drunkard was sent flying, and Aza laughed at the scene. The mare's eyes had widened and a slight sparkle filled them. She ran up to Drake, flying at his neck hugging him.

"Ya saved me! Yer mah hero!", she yelled, crying in joy. "Wut do ah call ya?" Drake smiled warmly at her. It was a smile that not Aza or any of Drake's friends had seen as of lately. "I'm DrakeFang. Do call me Drake." The mare nodded, and replied right away. "Mah name's Moonshine. Thanks fer savin' me, Drake." A chuckle was heard coming from Drake. "You're welcome, miss Moonshine."

Moonshine let go of Drake's neck. She had been saved...