• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 570 Views, 60 Comments

A Hero in need - DrakeFang



It's been a few years since DrakeFang's wife died, yet he never got over it. A fateful encounter forces Pinkie to bring in her match making skills once more, and restore her old friend to who he once was.

  • ...
13
 60
 570

Chapter 9: The night of her life

Chapter 9: The night of her life

The park, 7 o'clock pm. Moonshine walked up to Drake nervously. The only thing that the stallion was showing was a warm, welcoming smile. "Take it you're ready for your first flight lesson?", he asked her with this smile. Moonshine gave him a nod. "Ah don't think y'all need ta teach me much, though. Pretty much the basics." Drake nodded back. "Right, let's get to it." Moon took on a pose. "To do this, though, you should probably step back." Moon knew what was coming. He'd transform right in front of her. She stepped back, and as she did, Drake burst into flames, re-appearing with dragonic wings, his eyes glowing red and fangs showing. Moon had to try her best not to swoon all over Drake yet again.

Her wings fluttered a little, and without Drake needing to teach her, she flew a little around him, landing. "Ah did it! Ah knew ah didn't forget how ta fly!" She smiled brightly, hopping around happily. Drake chuckled and began wondering why he changed into his DragonWing form at all. Moon stopped hopping in front of him, staring into his eyes, watching the slitted pupils. "Uhm, would ya mind flyin' 'round a bit with me, Drake?" He raised an eyebrow and smiled once more. "Sure. We could do that.", he answered. Moon's smile grew even brighter and then turned into a smirk. "Y'all wanna race?" Once more, Drake chuckled. "You wanna race me?" Moon nodded. "Y'all scared, Firefly?", she asked him in a playful tone. "Oh, you are so on! Where to?", he replied. Moon looked around and in the distance, she saw a huge waterfall. Pointing to it, she says to Drake: "First one ta reach the waterfall wins." Drake nodded to this. "Sure thing." Both stood ready to begin. Glancing at each other, both showed a slight blush before looking back at their finishing line. Drake counted down, shouted "GO!", and the race began.

Moon knew she would be losing. As they were flying, Moon's wings cramped up due to not being used at the speed and power they were being used at. She wasn't able to keep flying, and began falling from the height they were at. "D-Drake, help me!", she shouted as she began falling. Drake's eyes widened as he saw this. He would refuse to lose another mare in his life. Quickly rushing back to her, he grabbed Moon in his arms right before she hit the ground and flew up. Looking at her during the flight, a worried look filled his face. "Moon, are you OK?" She winced a little. "M-My wings! They cramped up!" Drake's face looked even more worried. Flying her down again, he landed on a rock in the middle of the lake.

"Moon, I...I'm so sorry. I should've... I should've kept track of your capability..." As Drake began tearing up, she placed a hoof on his shoulder and smiled. " 'T ain't yer fault, Drake..." Slowly, his tears disappeared and he sat down. Moon smiled more and sat down next to him. "You know, Moon..." She raised an eyebrow. "Wut?" Drake looked around him, seeing nothing but the water around him. "Wait a little bit. Then you'll see what I mean." A silence fell over the scene. Subtly, Moon had been snuggling against Drake, waiting for whatever Drake had in store for her.

"Hey Moon. Close your eyes for a second." Moon giggled and did so. With a clap of Drake's hoof, she jumped a little. "Okay, you can look again." Moon opened her eyes, and she couldn't believe what she saw. All around her, little fireflies were flying. A few geysers were even spouting, something Drake had been practicing on. Moon's eyes sparkled at the scene. Seeing this, Drake turned her head at him. "Moon, there is something I need to tell you." Nothing could ruin Moon's night right now. "Yeah, Drake? Somethin' y'all wanna tell me?"

"Well, uhm...Moon...You see, I..." Drake began getting nervous. Never before had Drake been this nervous. This was the moment he would finally be confessing his feelings. He took a deep breath and looked deep into her eyes, reverting to his original form. "Moon, this scene is beautiful. But there's something even more beautiful here." Moon giggled. "Y'all ain't sayin' that's-" Drake nodded. "Yes, Moon. I mean you." Moon's eyes widened and a bright blush appeared on her face. "Moonshine, you are beautiful. Whenever I'm with you, I manage to bring up a smile..." Moonshine blushed even brighter. "And I think it's time...to do something I should've done last night." He brought his hoof up against her cheek and kissed Moon passionately. Shocked, yet enjoying it, she closed her eyes. After a short bit, they broke the kiss.

"I love you...Moonshine. From the day I met you." Moonshine had a stupid grin on her face, blushing as she nodded. She swooned and fainted against Drake's chest. With an awkward smile and a blush, he caught her, holding her in his arms. "I uh... I guess I'll take her home now, hehe..."

It had finally happened. And a certain pink mare knew back at the inn knew...