• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 569 Views, 60 Comments

A Hero in need - DrakeFang



It's been a few years since DrakeFang's wife died, yet he never got over it. A fateful encounter forces Pinkie to bring in her match making skills once more, and restore her old friend to who he once was.

  • ...
13
 60
 569

Chapter 5: Getting closer

Chapter 5: Getting closer

Moon walked back to Hot Shot and picked up the little colt. "Think ah'm gonna call yer dad 'Firefly'!" Hot and Card both chuckled to this. Slightly confused, Pinkie looked at Moonshine. "You seem eager to foalsit the colt, Moon~", she said playfully. "Of course!", she replied. "Ah used ta foalsit all the tahme b'fore workin' at the bar. Ah jus' luv foals!" A bright smile covered her face entirely. Hot Shot looked up at Moon. "Can Card come over to play, miss Moonshine?" Moon giggled softly. "Of course he can, sweetie!" Both Card Trick and Hot cheered like the playful colts they were. However, Pinkie was a little surprised. Card had never been the most...playful colt, so to say. And Hot had a rough time as well.

The three did all kinds of stuff a normal foalsitter and children would do. They played hide-and-seek, watched a movie together, Moon made some amazing sandwiches for the two... The playdate with her was perfect. Hot laughed all the while, and Card did too, seeing how Hot hadn't laughed like this in a long time. When he remarked that to Hot, Moon looked at him, slightly worried, and sat down on the couch, patting it to tell Hot to sit down. The little colts did so, hopping on said couch.

"Hah come y'all didn't laugh as much, Hot? Yer only 8 years old, y'all SHOULD be laughin' some more..." Hot hung his head a little. "Is it cuz' o' yer mom? That she's not here anymore?" Hot's head jolted up, and tears filled his face. "She is still here, OK!?" Even Card was shocked by his sudden outburst. "Dad told me Mom would never be gone as long as I kept her in my heart! Don't go telling she's not here anymore! Because she is to me!" The colt began crying and Moon's eyes filled with tears as well, and she hugged him tightly. "Ah'm sorry, Hot. Bah the princesses, ah'm so sorry..." She glanced at Card, who nodded at her, knowing what she wanted to ask Hot. "Would y'all...wanna talk about it?"

Hot looked up at her and nodded slowly, sniffing. "M-Mom died when I was only 3 years old." Moon nodded. "How'd she die?" Hot Shot gulped and continued. "She worked in a circus. Mom was the best. She was a mare that walked on the tight ropes. Mom gave up her job when she met Dad, though." A warm smile filled her face. "Ah'd give up mine fer him too..." Card chuckled, and in response, Moon blushed. She really just didn't admit her crush on Drake to the colts, did she? Luckily, Hot didn't hear it clearly and carried on. "She went back when it became too hard to combine family life with her work, and Dad and Mom agreed she'd go back, and visit us whenever she could."

Moon nodded again. "But she didn't return one day. Dad went to investigate. And..." He began crying again. "He came back without her..." The foalsitting mare hugged Hot tighter. "Y'all can stop now if you want to." Hot Shot nodded at that. "I just miss her so bad. I miss having a mom..." A short silence filled the room. "Maybe, if y'all want, Hot..." The colt looked up, and Card smiled as he somehow already knew what was going to come. Moon smiled warmly once more. "Ah could be yer second mom. Ah ain't yer real one, but ah don't like seein' colts sad like this." Card made a silent chuckle as he knew what she was doing. Winning Hot's trust would impress Drake, so if this would work, she wouldn't just gain a stallion, but a son as well. The perfect master plan when it would come to impressing the stallion she had a crush on.

Drake was running rather late from work, so Moon decided to put the two colts to bed. She tucked Card in first, who quickly dozed off to sleep. When she tucked in Hot, she stared for a second to see that Hot was smiling at her. "Thanks for a fun day, miss Moonshine." She ran her hoof through his mane gently, stroking it. "Call me Moon, sweetie. All mah friends 'n family do." Hot Shot nodded, and surprisingly, nuzzled her hoof as he was dozing off as well. When he did, happy tears filled her eyes, and she kissed Hot's forehead. "Sleep tight, lil' one..."

As Moon walked outside to have some fresh air, a voice spoke to her, making her jump a little. She glanced to her side and saw the familiar grey stallion sitting against the wall.

"Hey Moon..."

Author's Note:

x3 D'aww, Moon foalsitting the colts! ADORBZ AND FEELS! ;~;
The project title for this chapter was Mare-y Poppins...
...
...
I'm terrible. XD