• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 570 Views, 60 Comments

A Hero in need - DrakeFang



It's been a few years since DrakeFang's wife died, yet he never got over it. A fateful encounter forces Pinkie to bring in her match making skills once more, and restore her old friend to who he once was.

  • ...
13
 60
 570

Chapter 12: The family grows bigger

Chapter 12: The family grows bigger

4 years had passed since that day. Moon had moved in with Drake during this time and was napping on their bed. Drake entered the room, smiling at Moon and closing the door. She opened her eyes, sitting up with a groan. "It's just me, dearie. Lay down~", Drake told her with a playful tone. As she did, Drake hopped on the bed and gave her a kiss. Returning the kiss, Moonshine groaned again. "Having trouble with your back again, love?" She nodded and replied: "Not ta mention the hooves, and let's not ferget, THIS." Putting the emphasis on 'this', she pointed to her belly which was swollen, it being even bigger than her own head. She was almost due, being pregnant over 7.5 months. Drake chuckled and playfully nibbled on her belly fur a little, causing Moon to giggle. She began stroking her belly and Drake rested his hoof on hers, staring her lovingly in the eyes like the husband he was.

"Can you believe it's been 4 years since we met?", he asked her. "Ah know. So hard to believe..." They both sighed happily in sync and Drake continued. "By the way, got you a little something, hun." As he said this, he took a small box, wrapped up like a present. "Happy anniversary, Moon. 3 years ago, I married the loveliest mare alive. And I hope that our marriage will last an eternity." Moon's eyes began filling with tears of joy as she unwrapped the present. Inside the box was a necklace with a pendant identical to Drake's cutie mark. "You like it?" Moon cried in joy. "Ah love it, hun." Drake chuckled again. "Tap the pendant on it." Raising an eyebrow, Moon did exactly that and the pendant changed into a symbol that seemed to resemble a comet. "Hey, that's Hot Shot's cutie mark! Hah'd you do that?", she asked, stunned by such an amazing gift. "Got a little help from a good friend. A certain pink mare." He winked as he stated that remark, causing Moon to giggle once more.

"Sorry ah ain't got you a gift, hun...", Moon said, sounding a little worried and disappointed. "No gift?", Drake replied with a small grin and raised eyebrow. He rubbed her belly softly, continuing. "My gift's just a little late. I'll get it eventually~" Moon slightly blushed at that. "But y'all helped me make it~", she answered him in a same playful tone as him. They nuzzled and slowly their bedroom door opened up. At the doorway, Hot Shot was standing, having grown up quite a bit. He had the attitude any 12 year-old would have, yet it still was adorable on him. He walked to the bed with a smile. "Hey mom. Dad, I didn't know you were back already." Moon suddenly grabbed her belly a little tight, giggling. "Ah think the foal jus' kicked." Both Hot and Drake smiled in a similar fashion and rested their hooves on her belly simultaneously. The two laughed loudly as they felt a pretty hard bump from inside and nuzzled the belly. Moon began stroking both the boys' manes After another bump, Moon blushed brightly and grabbed her belly really tightly and her forehead began sweating.

"H-Hun... Ah think we need ta go to the hospital now..."