• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 2,258 Views, 65 Comments

Canterlot University: A guide to Friendship - RainbowJack2000



A boy learns that Friendship really is very important after all.

  • ...
18
 65
 2,258

Chapter 5: Fundraiser Month

The next day, Headmistress Celestia invites everyone inside the school's theater. Everyone was talking, whistling, laughing, and yelling. You sit next to all your friends and look around for Celestia. Trixie is looking back at you, holding a sign, which appears to say.

Don't forget Friday! Our study session. Be cool or be mule!

The school's mascot, Maurice the Mule made a noise and she said, "No offense." He waved his hand like it was nothing.

Celestia finally came and explained everything, "Hello ladies and gentlemen. I know you are wondering why you are all here today."

"Oh she's good," Pinkie Pie said. You roll your eyes.

"Canterlot University decided to have a fundraiser by holding a carnival outside of the school. It will be called 'Fall Carnival of Fun.' 7 to 20 students can volunteer to help out at the booths. There will be pie eating contest-"

"ALRIGHT!" Soarin yelled, causing everyone to stare at him.

"Anyway, there will be a pie eating contest, dunking booth, water squirting contest, and much more. Our goal is to raise at least $3,000 and we need your help. However, we are going to start out buy selling chocolates to some of the local neighbors in our area. They delivered the boxes to your dorms already, so you might as well start this afternoon. Oh and you must have a partner. I suggest your best friend or something. You may all return to your studies."

Everyone left the auditorium, eager to get started on the fundraiser. You haven't done one since sixth grade, so you decide to give it a shot after a long time. Soarin puts his hand around your shoulder.

"So Dice. Me. You. Selling chocolates. It'll be awesome. Besides, you need to hang out with a GUY for once and not girls. By the way, how did you land a good-looking babe like Applejack?"

"I-what? We're not dating! We're only friends!"

Soarin was laughing hard, "I'm kidding, dude. You should have seen the look on your face."

Your face starts turning red with embarrassment and frustration. It's not like you don't want to go out with her. It was just too sudden. You sigh and shake your head as Soarin follows you to your dorm. Luckily, Applejack didn't come yet so she can't claim the chocolate. You pick it up and open the door.

"Besides, Soarin, we are only roommates. It might be a little weird to be dating someone that you sleep in the same room with. Well... not really, but still!"

Soarin shrugs and counts the chocolates in the box, "50 in total. Let's start as soon as school ends."

You nod and walk with Soarin to Gym.


You're back from selling some chocolates. Your first customer went like something like this


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBhxIyT8Slg

The second one was even weirder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnOU_8Snws

...Yep. That weird.

You enter your dorm to find Applejack sleeping, cuddling what appears to be a box of chocolates. There are wrappers all over her bed and chocolate around her mouth. She also had a chocolate bar in her mouth, but she probably fell asleep eating it. You close the door and her eyes shot open. You start laughing.

"You just couldn't help yourself, could you now?"

"MMMM-" she realizes that she's eating a chocolate bar and takes it out, looking inside the box. There were 3 left.

"Oops. Guess Ah got a little carried away." she says, blushing from embarrassment.

You take her chocolate bar and start eating it. Yummy, you thought as you happily munched on the delicious treat.

"What about you mister Wise Guy? How much did you sell?"

"Half the box."

"HALF?! Me and Rainbow had a hard time just selling one! If it weren't for her brutal ways, we probably would have finished in no time! So we came back with a full box. She went to play video games in her room and ah was left alone with these delicious...delectable..." her mouth was watering.

You take the box away from her and wave your finger, "No no no! We don't eat customers' chocolate!"

"Just one please! Ah'm hungry!"

"Eenope."

The next thing you knew, she jumped on your back and was trying to grab the chocolate from you. You start laughing until you fall, bringing her down, too. You both start laughing and panting. You sit up while she lays on her back smiling. You take your finger and wipe the chocolate off her face. Before you could eat it, she grabs your finger and licks it clean. Weird, right? That's how good friends act... wait, no they don't! You guys start laughing again until you hear a knock on the door. You get off the floor and open it, finding Trixie with a bunch of books.

"Trixie needs your help! There's a test tomorrow and she want to ace it! I know it's sudden but I sure as hell don't wanna flunk i-" she sees AJ on the floor, "Is Trixie interrupting something?"

AJ quickly gets up, "No! As a matter of fact, ah was... LOOKING FOR MA SLIPPERS!" she randomly grabbed her slippers from her bed and smiled as wide as she could.

Rainbow passes by and stops. She walks backwards and pointed her finger at Trixie.

"Um, what is she doing here?"

"She needs my help studying for a test tomorrow," you turn to her, "So, should we study in the library or-"

"My room would be much more comfortable! Wanna go there?"

"Uh..."

"GREAT! Meet me in 20 minutes!" she says as she runs off.

Rainbow and AJ looks at you with worried looks on their faces.

"You'll be careful, won't you? Don't fall for her tricks." Applejack said.

"Yeah- um... AJ? Why do you have chocolate on your face?" Rainbow asked.

"Ah kinda got carried away with eating chocolate. Sorry about that."

Rainbow shrugged, "No prob. We weren't selling anything anyway."

"Phew! Ah was worried you were gonna get mad."

"Anyway," you say, "I think I should be going now. Her dorm is all the way on the other side of the school."

"Be careful!" Applejack yells down the hall.


You knock on Trixie's door and to your surprise, Derpy answers the door. She was holding a muffin and dragging you in with her other hand. Trixie was on her bed and she pats a spot for you to sit on. Surprisingly, her room is really neat and organized, especially with Derpy in the room. She held up a book which read, "How to call your Mate".

"This is what we are studying in Life Science. It's supposed to be about animals finding their true love. Even when they 'accidentally' bump into each other, hint hint." Trixie said.

You feel as if this happened to you before, but you shrug it off and scratch your head.

"So, what is the test about?"

"Oh. Well, the teacher said something about the test being about how humans call their mate. I'm not even sure how we do that. You know, besides flirting."

"It says here that humans have about a few ways to summon a boyfriend/girlfriend. Flirting, flattery, what the? Getting drunk? Dafuq? Who wrote this book?"

"B-beats me!" Trixie stammered.

You look at her suspiciously, but continue anyway.

"So what are you supposed to do exactly?"

"Find the best way to call your mate." she replies.

Derpy yells, "Pirates!" You both look at her and roll your eyes.

"I think getting drunk is the best way! Oh would you look at the time? Trixie needs to go to sleep!" she pushes you out of the doorway.

"But why do you think- You're suppo-"

"Bye-bye now!"

She slams the door and you just stand there with a stupid look on your face. As you walk down the hallway, you try figure out what happened. You didn't even see Fluttershy and Rarity pass by you until they called our name.

"Dice! There you are!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Hey Rarity! Hi Fluttershy! Wassup?"

"We are inviting you to our Freshman Fall Party. Details are in the back. BTW, there will be drinking there. Don't get too drunk, if you know what I mean." Rarity giggled, handing you an invitation.

"Cool. How many chocolates did you sell?"

"Forty. We'll be selling the rest tomorrow hopefully," Fluttershy said.

"I sold 25. Applejack decided it would be best to save the chocolates for her very special friend, Tummy."

Rarity and Fluttershy looked confused at first, but then they realized it meant that she ate them. They started to laugh until Rarity realized they had to finish giving out invites.

"See you in chemistry tomorrow, Dice!" Rarity said.

You walk down the hall and find Applejack scurrying off somewhere. You have a decision: keep walking to your dorm or follow your roommate to wherever she was going. You look at the time, which was 8:47 p.m. You know you don't sleep until ten, so you decide to follow her instead.

When you turn in the corner, she seems to be knocking on Bon Bon and Lyra's door. They open it and she gives them something wrapped in a black cloth.

"Do not tell anyone about this- Ah hate for anyone to know ah gave it to you."

"We promise. Pinkie Promise."

"Good. If y'all tell anyone, you'll hear from ma lawyer."

"Okay."

They close the door. Applejack was walking in your direction. Quick, hide! Before she sees you! You hide behind a potted plant while she whistles a merry tune. You narrow your eyes as she turns left to walk back to her dorm. Then you hear her talking to someone. It sounded like Twilight.

"Did you give it to them?"

"Eeyup. Ah had to give it before Dice comes back into the room."

"Good. If he found it, he'd be very suspicious. Why do they need that stuff anyway? "

"They said that if they didn't raise enough money for the fundraiser, instead of giving money to Bon Bon's parents, they'd give..."

The voices faded. You had a million questions in your head. What are they hiding? What is Bon Bon sending to her parents? Why do they not want you to find out? You decided it would be best to keep your suspicions to yourself. You got up and didn't even notice Soarin was next to you.

"Hiya!" He exclaims.

"Dude! You scared me."

"Sorry. Why are you hiding here anyway? Your dorm is like 3 minutes away."

"I was spying on Applejack. She gave something to Bon Bon and Lyra, but I have no idea what. They don't want me finding out about it either. Why are you here? Isn't your dorm down there?"

"I wanted to buy some popcorn at the vending machine. I gotta go. My roommate wants his bag too."

You watch him walk down the hall and then you walk to your dorm. You didn't even realize Lyra was tip-toeing with the item as she walked across the hall behind you. Once you reach your dorm, you unlock the door. Applejack was reading a magazine and eating popcorn. When she saw you, she looked so confused.

"Back so soon? Ah knew she was tricking you for something."

"I'm not so sure about that. What were you doing while I was gone?"

"I talked to RD, delivered something to Bonnie and Clyde down there, then came back here."

"Bonnie and- Oh! You mean Bon Bon and Lyra?"

DUH!!!!

"Yeah."

"What was it?"

She put her magazine down and studied your face.

"None of your damn business. Why?"

"Just asking."

TRIXIE PART!!!!!!!!!

Lyra gives the item to Trixie, "Do you think you should put all of this into the punch at the party?"

"Trixie does not like to be questioned. She is going to get that Dice for herself, one way or another. Now go on! Shoo!"

Lyra mumbled some bad things under her breath as she left Trixie's sight. Trixie looked around and took the bottle out of the cloth and maniacally laughed.

"Once this drink is poured into the punch at Rarity's party, Dice will be so drunk, he'll have to hit on every girl. Once he hits on me, I'll make sure to give him my full attention."

She closed her door, not knowing a pair of magenta eyes was watching her the whole time...

Author's Note:

What do you supposed what type of drink was in the cloth? This will be brought up 2 chapters from now at Rarity's party.