• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 65 Comments

Canterlot University: A guide to Friendship - RainbowJack2000



A boy learns that Friendship really is very important after all.

  • ...
18
 65
 2,253

Chapter 2: School Days

The next morning, your alarm clock wakes you up around 6:00 in the morning. You know that school doesn't start for another 2 hours, but you want to have an early start anyway. You get of your bed and head into the bathroom to do your morning routine. Once you come out, something was different. Your bed was somehow fixed and a fresh pair of clothes was neatly put on your bed. You look at AJ's bunk, only to find nothing but her school books on it. Then you find a note on the nightstand, which says:

Went to Pinkie's room to freshen up for school. Couldn't help but fix your things fer ya. Sorry if ya got frustrated.
-AJ

You shrug and put the note somewhere else. At least you get to dress up without making sure a girl isn't looking at you. Once you change into your clothes, you grab you bookbag and books and rush out the door and accidentally bump into someone.

"Hey! The Great and Powerful Trixie does not liked to be bumped into." the girl scowled.

"Sorry, just wanted to get something to eat before school starts." you reply.

She takes one good look at you, top to bottom, before she smiles and gives you a very flirty look (I don't know how to flirt so I'm gonna try my best here. It'll suck tho.)

"No worries, big boy. You can bump into Trixie anytime," she said as she winked.

"Um...okay then?"

She keeps looking at you while you walk down the hall. You remember Rainbow Dash saying something about the Great and Powerful Trixie, but you didn't remember what it was. You shrug and just keep on walking.


"To get to the other side! Get it?" Rainbow Dash joked.

"Rainbow, no offense, but even after high school that joke is still boring," Twilight replied.

"Hey guys," you say as you walk into the cafeteria and plop your big behind down.

Everyone waved while Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes at you.

"I bumped into that 'Great and Powerful Trixie' girl, and then she said it was okay. Weird, huh?"

Rainbow facepalmed then explained that Trixie was flirting with you. Applejack and Pinkie Pie were walking in your direction and waved.

"Howdy girls! Hey Dice! Y'all feeling good 'bout the first day of school? Ah know ah am."

"Yeah! If you're not, don't worry. Auntie Pinkie Pie has the perfect medicine. It's called a 'I'm really nervous' cake!"

"Oh...um, Pinkie, we're older than you." Fluttershy stated.

"Dice, darling, how exactly did Trixe flirt with you?" Rarity asked.

"Oh. Well, she said: 'No worries, big boy. You can bump into Trixie anytime.' Then she winked."

Rainbow Dash gagged while Applejack was still trying to process the information. You see Trixie and her posse walk in and she blew a kiss and winked at you again. You feel your spine tingling, not realizing the girls were glaring at her. Twilight rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Never look too good for Trixie. Cause she will find you and you end up going out with her," she said.

You swear you could her Applejack mumble under her breath and hear Rainbow Dash whisper, "Some slut she is." You now wish you didn't take this school to go to in the first place. You turn your head and see that everyone was staring at you.

"What?"

"How come your an egghead and yet you have a perfectly built body?" Rainbow Dash asked with curiosity.

"Now Rainbow! Yer gonna make 'im uncomfortable. Don't listen ta her, Dice. She can be real nosy." AJ explained.

"Seriously, AJ? This is your best friend you're talking to. You should know me by now." Rainbow stated with a devious grin.

Applejack rolled her eyes and patted your back. The bell rings and everyone starts to leave class. Luckily for you, your first class in gym. That has always been your favorite subject.


The gym teacher, Dr. Whooves, explains that the whole class will do 20 laps around the gym. Some kids groan while others fist bump and high five eachother. You have class with Rainbow Dash and Applejack who, unfortunately, look good in their gym uniform. You all start at the corner near the exit.

"Ready to get your ass kicked, AJ?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I'm always ready for a whoopin'! How 'bout you Dice? Wanna race?" AJ asked you.

"I guess a little competition won't hurt," you reply, a smirk appearing on your face.

"ON YOUR MARKS. GET SET. GOOOOOO!" the gym teacher blows the whistle. Everyone takes off like lightning. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were neck and neck while you were right behind them.

20 laps later

"Rainbow Dash and Applejack are tied in first place! Dice in a close second and Soarin is third!" Dr. Whooves announces.

Everyone was panting while the four of you grab a cup of water to drink. While Rainbow Dash and Applejack were arguing who really did come in first, Soarin taps your shoulder and gives you a fist bump.

"You are some athlete, dude. In highschool, I could never beat those two. They always came in first at the same time," he explained.

"Well, I did play some sports and I was captain of the track team back in highschool. But hey, you're pretty sporty yourself," you reply with a grin.

Rainbow Dash turns around and accidentally bumps into Soarin.

"Oops, um... sorry about that. My mind was wondering somewhere else," Rainbow Dash said. Her cheeks were flushing red.

"No problem, RD. Common mistake. I'll see you around." Soarin turned around to get to his spot.

While Rainbow Dash was twirling her hair around and blushing like crazy, you try to process some information until you say something to make her stop.

"You like Soarin, don't you, Rainbow Dash?" you say with that face Spongebob had on in that episode.

Rainbow denied it as quickly as a baby rejects their food, "Psssshh. As if. He's just really nice, that's all."

"Yeah, whatever," you say and you walk to your spot.


The school day seemed to drag on forever and you already had tons of homework to do. In your dorm room, you use the study desk for your homework. Applejack had a lollipop in her mouth and she was sitting on the edge of the desk, trying to figure out the next question. She turns to you and taps your shoulder.

"Do you know what the answer to this is?" she asked. You look up and stare into her pleading eyes.

*sigh* "The answer is 14 to the eight power... didn't you learn this last year?" you ask.

She shrugs, "Not really. I'm not that bright like Twilight."

"Are you kidding me? You're probably the most brightest person I have ever met. Twilight may have brains, but you have something else that she doesn't."

"Oh yeah. And what's that?"

"Well, er...um. Your wisdom?" you stammer.

She laughs and writes the answer down, "Thanks, Dice. I'm surprised ya never did have a girlfriend."

"Yeah, well. I wasn't much of a dater. I knew that boys would break a girl's heart, and I didn't want to risk getting a girl hurt."

"Wow. Kind and sweet. I like it. I never dated any boy. They only liked me 'cause I was a blonde. Not fer who I was. I'll never understand boys," she looks at you. "You, on the other hand, are way different. Never met a boy like you before."

You blush and she starts to laugh. She looks at the time and jumps down from the desk. "Ma show's on. Wanna watch with me?"

You look at your pile of unfinished homework and look at AJ. You close your math book and nod. She grabs your arm and pulls you to the TV. You guys had no idea that someone "Great and Powerful" was listening to your conversation with her ear pressed against the door.

Author's Note:

Dun, dun DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!