• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 2,252 Views, 65 Comments

Canterlot University: A guide to Friendship - RainbowJack2000



A boy learns that Friendship really is very important after all.

  • ...
18
 65
 2,252

Chapter 1: Your roommate and her friends

You stand outside of the school and just keep on staring. Your suitcase was on your right and your dignity was nowhere to be found. You wonder what surprises wait for you inside.

"Only one way to find out," you said as you held your breathe.

You enter and see a beaming lady with multi-colored hair and one with blue hair next to her, playing her Gameboy.

"Welcome to Canterlot U! Where we reach for the stars. I'm Headmistress Celestia. This is my sister, Vice-mistress Luna."

"Please to meet your acquaintance," you say.

"Likewise," Luna mumbled.

Celestia rolled her eyes and continued, "Anyway, you must be the new student. We'll send someone to give you a tour of the school sooner or later. In the meantime, we'll show you to your dorm. You also have a roommate, although she is a girl. Sorry about that."

As you walk, you wonder about how this girl would look like and react to her new roommate. Perhaps she would be friendly, pretty... ugly? What if she's a slut? Or a prostitute that was forced to go to college? It would be a nightmare, especially if she would want to lick your balls at night.

You shudder at the thought and keep on walking with Celestia. When you reach the front of your room, she hands you the keys and returns to her duties. Since you wouldn't want to barge in because you don't know if your roommate is inside, you polietly do this:

*knock knock*

No answer. Well, the coast is clear-

Your thoughts are interrupted when you see a pair of emerald eyes peek at you from behind the barely opened door.

"AJ, who is it? It's not Pinkie Pie is it? Can you tel-"

"It ain't Pinkie, Rainbow. Hold on."

She opens the door wider. You see all of her now. She was a blonde with freckles and green eyes, wearing a stetson hat. She wore an orange flannel shirt that was tied in the front and short-short jeans (oo la la). She also wore a pair of cowgirl boots.Well, for one thing, she's beyond pretty and looks friendly, you thought. She smiled at you until the voice's owner showed up. She had rainbow colored hair and wore a blue T-shirt with gray sweatpants an a pair of blue Converse. She looked annoyed and was about to protest until-

"Hello, sugarcube. Ma name's Applejack. This here's ma friend, Rainbow Dash. Say hello RD."

"Hmph. Please. Like I would say hi to some total stran-" Applejack elbowed Rainbow Dash in the gut.

You introduce yourself and tell Applejack that you are her new roomate. Rainbow Dash glares at you all evil like while you speak.

"Well then, Ah'll let you unpack. Rainbow Dash was just leaving, right RD?" She flashed the same look at Rainbow Dash.

"But...I... ugh, whatever." She grabs her bookbag and stares at you until she was completely out of your sight.

You grab your suitcase and things as she pushed you into the room. She is very strong for a girl, you thought. Her bed was neatly fixed with some books and a pair of socks on it. On the wall was pictures of her and her family/friends. She even had a television with game systems like Xbox 360, Wii, Play Station, and a huge pile of games. All you did was unpack your clothes and gawk at what she had.

"So, where y'all from? I'm from Texas. Ma family owns a farm there."

"I'm from New Jersey. All my family owns is a life."

She chuckles. How is that funny? you ask yourself.

"Well then, make yourself at home. Oh and don't mind Rainbow. When it comes ta newbies, she can be a bit of a bully, if ya know what ah mean."

"Oh. Do you mind giving me a tour? School starts tomorrow and I haven't the slightess clue where my first class is."

She grabs your arm, "Well why didn't ya say so in the first place? Ah'd be happy to!"

Your stomach growls and she giggles. "Um, let's start with the cafeteria."


You arrive in the cafeteria after she showed you half of where your classes would be. There wasn't much commotion. There was only a group of good-looking girls and that Rainbow one sitting and having some lunch. When they saw Applejack, they gestured for her to come over. You guys have reached the table.

"Hey y'all! Ah'd like to introduce you guys to ma new roommate, Dice." The girls were puzzled. New roommate? A boy?

"OMG! Hiya! My name is Pinkie Pie! But my real name is Pinkamena Diane Pie! You're already my new friend," the bubbly one cheerfully exclaimed.

"Hi. My name is Twilight Sparkle." the girl, reading the book, said.

"Oh, um... my name is Fluttershy." the shy one said.

"Hello darling. My name is Rarity. Oh and she said her name was Fluttershy. She's a very shy one."

*grunt/groan* was the only response you got out of Rainbow Dash.

You sit down and studied them carefully while they were all talking. They were very pretty, all of them. Even the grumpy old troll Rainbow Dash. Finally, Applejack came back with two bowls filled with chicken and french fries. She hands you one and starts eating from the other one. The lunch ladies announced that the cafe would close in 20 minutes for a couple hours before dinnertime. You couldn't make out most of it because Pinkie Pie kept talking super fast.

"Omgwearegonnahavethebesttimeofourlivesyouknowithinkillcalldominoescausewhodoesntlikedominoes? Am I right," she asked.

"Um...I guess," you shrug.

"Of course, I'm right? Right Dashie?"

"Whatever, Pinkie. I'm not in the mood," Rainbow Dash complained.

"What's got you so down in da dumps, girly?" Applejack asked.

Rainbow shrugged, "School starts tomorrow, which means this: *clears throat* 'The Great and Powerful Trixie has arrived to make your lives Les Miserables of all lives!' "

"Oh," everyone replied and all of a sudden looked sad too.

"Why's everyone all upset? Who's this Trixie? Why is gonna make your life miserable? How-"

Applejack puts her hand to your mouth and giggled. It smells like cinnamon.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Great. More eggheads to deal with. Trixie is only the most self-obsessed show-off in the entire school. She thinks she can lure a boy in a second. Everyone knows that we can't take her bullshit for another 4 years! She was cruel in high school, she'll be cruel again."

Everyone nodded in agreement as Applejack patted your back, "Don't worry sugarcube. She probably won't bother ya anyway. You're too nice fer that."

You smile and your cheeks begin to burn up... to the point where you realize you're blushing like crazy. Well for one thing, she sure as hell don't act like other blondes.

Rainbow snapped her fingers in your face, "Hey dude. Stop staring at blondie and start talkin'. Did you have any girlfriends at your old school?"

Now this one, everyone was curious about, including yourself. You know only a couple of girls flirted with you because you were a nerd and jock all wrapped into one person. And you may have kissed like one or two girls, but you never really had a girlfriend. You shook your head.

Rarity gasped, "Why not, my dear? Certainly a man like you deserves a good-looking girl who hasn't been seen pole dancing."

"Rarity!" Everyone yelled.

You look at the clock. You've only been sitting at the table for 15 minutes and your social life has already went down the drain. You sigh and throw the rest of your food away, giving AJ the hint of continuing the tour.


It's nighttime and you stare blankly at the bottom of Applejack's bunk while you're in your T-shirt and boxers. AJ doesn't seem to mind though. Her bed's over yours and she's reading a book. After some silence, you finally spoke up.

"Do you have any siblings Applejack?"

She puts her book down and looks under her bunk, "Yeah. Two. Big Mac and Apple Bloom. Why?"

"Just trying to make conversation... is Rainbow Dash always so-"

"Agressive? Yeah she's like that when ya first meet 'er. But she is nicer as she knows you better."

You nod, "What do you think school is going to be like tomorrow?"

Applejack hints worry in your voice and jumps down from her bunk and into yours.

"Well, it might be a little scary. New school year, new life. Pretty soon, you'll be driving away from all yer friends and family and live a life of yer own. But me? Ah ain't worried a bit. Maybe a little scared of Trixie's behavior, but not a least bit worried. And y'all shouldn't be either."

It gets quiet as she finishes her little speech. She isn't at all what you imagined. She was honest, kind, and... well, beautiful. She ruffles your hair.

"Don't y'all worry. If ya ever need advice, ah'm here and so are mah friends," she yawned.

"Good night AJ."

"Good night Dice."

She gets off your bed then stops. She turns around and kisses you on your forehead. She smiles and climbs into her bunk. You could feel the burning sensation on your forehead. You know she only did that to make you feel better, but you can't help but have your heart come out of your chest. You turn off the light and have a good night sleep.

Author's Note:

"Les Miserables" is French.
My family kinda speaks french. So yeah.