• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 65 Comments

Canterlot University: A guide to Friendship - RainbowJack2000



A boy learns that Friendship really is very important after all.

  • ...
18
 65
 2,253

Chapter 7: The Party

The next day was the party. You have exactly 12 hours to get ready and stuff. You read the back of the invite:

It's Girls ask Boys! Wear your fanciest dresses and suits. Girls, don't be shy and ask your lucky man out. Party this Saturday! Be there!

"Girls ask boys, huh?" you say.

Applejack, who was in bed next to you, groaned and said, tiredly," What er y'all goin' on about this mornin'?"

"Nothing. Just that the dance is Girls ask Boys."

*yawn* "Lemme see that."

You give her the invitation. She reads it then hands it back to you. She gets out of bed and heads to the bathroom.

"What are you doing, AJ?"

"Ah need to go to the mall and buy mahself a dress. Can't go to some fancy-schmancy party looking like ah just left the farm. Granny Smith would force me to wear formal attire if she weren't so lazy!"

As Applejack goes on rambling about the dance and why she has to wear formal attire all while walking to the bathroom, you throw some clothes on and look for Soarin's room. Which, coincidentally, was going to look for you for the same. You guys bump into each other.

"Hey Soarin. Can I freshen up in your dorm? AJ's using our bathroom."

"Sure. Why not? I was coming to ask you if you had any coffee ground."

"Well, no. AJ uses it as her midnight drink instead of the soda."

"Well, follow me if you want to live. Be warned- girls are at dude's dorms asking them out. Do not feel left out."

Soarin was right. As you pass by other dorms, there are girls either knocking, flirting, or hugging boys just for the dance. You even saw a Derpy making out with Whooves as you pass her dorm. You make sure Trixie was not around the doorway so that she wouldn't ask you. Finally, you reach Soarin's dorm. His roommate was putting on his sneakers when the door opened.

"Flash, I'd like you to meet my bud, Dice. Dice, this is my roomy Flash Sentry."

" Wassup?" you say.

"Nothing much. Any girl ask you out yet?"

"No, not yet anyway. What about you guys? Girls ask you out yet?"

"No, but there's this cute on with purple hair with a pink streak with the cutest purple eyes I've wanted to ask me out." Flash says.

"You mean Twi-"

*knock knock*

Soarin opens the door and to your surprise, it was RD and Twilight. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were across the hall, knocking on someone else's door as they waved to you. You wave back and return your attention on the two girls in front of you. They seemed to be nervous about something.

"Um Soarin, Flash, we'd like to ask you guys something..." Twilight started.

"Would you guys like to go to the Freshman Party with us, you know, if you're not busy?" Rainbow asked, without a care in the world.

"That depends. Who's taking who?" Soarin asks.

"Easy. Egghead here takes Flash and I take you. Simple as that." she said, folding her arms.

"Okay then. It's a date. I didn't think girls would start hitting on the Soarin Master until Valentine's," Soarin said, flexing his arm muscles.

"Whoa there, lover boy. It's only one date. That is... if you can't resist this," Rainbow said, as she turned her back to the boys and flipped her hair, turned her head and winked. Twilight followed her and saw Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie squeal with joy. They had also gotten dates with Big Mac and Pokey Pierce, two boys THEY had a crush on. Soarin closed the door.

"Wow. Flash got nerd. Soarin got jock. What are the odds?" you say.

"At least we got dates. Although, that was kinda quick. We weren't expecting girls to ask us until the afternoon. Not 9 in the morning." Flash stated.

"Can I just use your shower?" you say irritated.


You leave Soarin's dorm, trying to find a way to get back to your's. Once you do reach it, you hear the TV on. You open the door and find AJ eating pancakes and watching the Farmer's channel. She turns around and finishes what she was eating. Then she speaks:

"Howdy partner! Soarin and Flash get a date yet?"

"How do you know Flash? And how do you know they were getting dates?"

"Long story short. Never tell Twilight to confess her feelings fer a guy at Senior prom. So who's takin' them?"

"Rainbow and Twilight. RD wanted to get it over with. Geez, talk about impatient."

"That's RD fer ya. Never waits for anything." Applejack explained.

"So..."

"So?"

"Who are you going to ask?"

"No one really. Just thought ah'd go alone."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

This had hurt you. You both made out,twice, she flirted with you, and she licked chocolate off your finger! CHOCOLATE! Something romantic! How dare she?

"Thinkin' about somethin', sugarcube?"

"No, not really. I just..."

"Just what?"

"Nothing. Whattcha watching?"


"She did WHAT?!" everyone shouted.

You were talking to Twilight, Rarity, RD, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Soarin, and Flash. You had just told them what happened with you and AJ and they seemed pretty upset. Rarity, however, was pissed.

"I am not just going to let her sit on the bench while all her friends are dancing with bullshits they call dates!" she yelled.

"Hey!" Soarin and Flash said.

"No offense." she said, calming down a bit.

You roll your eyes and shake your head, looking away from the upset table. Rainbow saw this and did that Spongebob face.

"You like Applejack, don't you Dice?"

"Pssssh. Puh-leeze, girlfriend! As if!"

"I'm not taking that shit with you," she said, blankly.

"Sorry," you say.

"Oh, so you do like her! This calls for a party!" Pinkie yelled.

"NO!!!" everyone yelled. Her hair deflated.

"Oh..um.. we mean not now, Pinkie. Later...if it's okay with you," Fluttershy said.

Pinkie's hair inflated again and she said, "Okie-doki-loki!"

"Anyway," RD said, ignoring those two, "maybe you should ask her out. She might say no, but you can at least take her as a friend. I mean, who wouldn't take a friend?"

"I know I would!" Fluttershy said.

"But...what if she says no? What if she just doesn't feel the same? What if to her, I'm just a boy who sleeps in the same bed with her and is friends with?" you say.

"Aren't you also the boy who made out with her twice, she flirted with you, and licked chocolate off your finger?" Pinkie said.

Everyone just stared at her and your jaw dropped. How the hell does she know that?

"Um...how do you know all that?" you ask.

"Just a hunch!" *squee*

"Wait a book flipping second," Twilight said, "you made out with her twice?"

"She flirted with you?" Soarin asked.

"She licked chocolate off your finger?" Fluttershy asked.

You gulp and nod your head. Everyone just looked at you, shocked. RD finally spoke.

"That..is..."

'PIRATES!" Derpy, for some unknown reason, was sitting at your table.

"Get out of here," Rainbow said, irritated. Derpy hung her head and left the table.

"What was I saying? Oh yeah! *clears throat* That...is...AWESOME!!!"


At noon, you go back to your dorm when you see the door open. It was Caramel talking to Applejack! Oh no!you thought, I'm too late! You listen to their conversation:

"AJ, what's up?"

"What do you want, Caramel? I thought I dumped you two years ago."

She dated Caramel?

"I just wanted to ask you if you would like to go with me to the dance? We could end the night in my dorm. My roommate left for the week. It'll be just you and m-"

"Ah don't give a third chance, not after you played me like a banjo!"

"But baby-"

"Don't you baby me! Go away. Ah don't want to be seen with you again."

"But why? It's that Dice kid, isn't it? He saves your sorry ass one time!"

"At least he's a better friend than you! He should teach you a lesson or two-"

"Is it because I missed that one date, which is why you are so hard on me?"

"No! Just leave me alo-"

Next thing you knew, Caramel grabbed Applejack by the waist and started making out with her. After five seconds, she pushed him away and said one more thing:

"Fuck you. Have a nice life in hell."

Then- BAM! She slammed the door in his face. He kicked it and yelled.

"This isn't over AJ! I'll get you and that Dice kid! You're a lucky bitch this time, ya know!"

He left to go to his dorm. Thank goodness it wasn't in your direction. You didn't feel like asking AJ to the party anymore. Not after what happened to her anyway. You can know realize why she dumped him. He seems like the type of guy who would date hot chicks at multiple times.You stand in the hallway, trying to confirm the information in your brain. You then walk to your dorm and open it. The TV was off, the plate that held pancakes was washed, and... what's this? A crying blonde with her hat on the floor. You sit next to her, feeling awkward about the whole situation.

"You okay?" you finally say.

She looks at you and sniffs. She looks awful," Ya herd?"

You nod your head.

"I'm sorry, Dice. Ah didn't mean for all this to start a commotion."

"It's not your fault. Just me being nosy as ever."

"He just thought I would forgive him like that? He cheated on me twice during Junior year. Ah can't b-belie-" she bawled again.

You pat her hair. So soft.

Stop being such a pervert and comfort your roommate!

"I don't know what to say, Applejack. I was going to invite you to the party, but after seeing all this..."

"You were...gonna ask me out?"

Think, think, think, Dice! Think! What do you say?!

"Yeah...I guess. I like you AJ...as a friend. But after seeing what happened, you're not in perfect position for a party. Although, if I were you, I'd forget the past and be happy I have now. You never know what the future may hold."

AJ thought about it for a moment, then smiled. She hugged you tight.

"Thanks Dice! Not even RD would comfort me like that. Ah wish ah were as wise as you."

"Yeah, well-"

She kisses you (yes, on the lips, but only for like three seconds) and went to the bathroom to wash her face. Just then, Soarin opens the door. "Dude, we're going to buy suits for the party! Trixie was asking for you, BTW. We said you went grocery shopping or something. Now come on!"

You look at Applejack, who has just finished wiping her face with a towel. She nods her head to the door.

"You can go. Ah'm alright."

"You sure?"

"Definitely."

"Oh. Thanks AJ!"

You leave the room and close the door. Soarin, looking confused, scratched his head, "The fuck was that all about?"

"I'll explain it to you later."


It's 8 p.m. and the party has just begun. Everyone was dancing and talking and having fun. You and Soarin walk in together. Rainbow Dash was trying to get Pinkie out of their dorm room, which is why she didn't show up. AJ was watching the news. Poor girl. She sure had a jerky BF.

"Dude, this is it." Soarin finally says.

"Yes, yes it is."

"So...LETS GET OUR GROOVE ON!"

Soarin runs down to the dance floor, busting out some crazy dance moves. He looks like a... nevermind. Anyway, the girls show up with their dates and all say hi to you before proceeding to the dance floor. You sit down and see Trixie walking toward you.

"Hey." she says.

"Hey."

"Where's AJ?"

"Couldn't make it. Very emotional problems happened to her."

"Oh."

"Don't you have a date?"

"No. And I'd like to keep it at that. Trixie thinks the boys here only wanted the sexiest girl here at the school! They reject the Rejects and go for the good-lookers!" she complains.

"Oh."

"What about you? You have a date?"

"No. The girl I had in mind isn't here with me."

"Trixie will get us some punch."

Trixie walks over to the punch bowl, She kicks the leg of the table three times. Someone's hand had a bottle in it. When no one was looking, Trixie took the bottle and poured some of the stuff in.

"With this vodka, everyone will be very drunk! Even Dice! Muahahahaha!"

(HOLY FUCKING SHIT! IT WAS VODKA!!!)

Meanwhile


As everyone grabs their date for a slow dance, you took your slice of pizza and started to eat from it. Someone taps your shoulder. You assumed it was Trixie with the punch. When you turned around, your jaw dropped. That was NOT Trixie. Trixie doesn't have golden blonde hair with green eyes and freckles. The dress this girl was wearing was...WOW! You stand up and look at her top to bottom.

"Applejack?" you say.

"Yes sirree! Close your mouth, though. Yer gonna catch flies." she replied.

"How...Why? What are you doing here?"

"I thought about what you said. And you're right. I should forget the past and be happy that ah have now. Ah never know what the future may hold."

"I never thought I was so inspirational."

She giggled, "So are we gonna stand here and gawk or are we gonna dance?"

You hold her hand and pull her to the dance floor. She puts her arms around your neck and yours around her waist. You haven't danced with a girl since....well, prom. Meanwhile, Trixie had both your drinks. When she saw you dancing with AJ, she was so mad, the glass cups broke in her grip. Rainbow and Soarin were right next to you guys.

"Applejack? You made it! I'm glad you didn't spend eternity in that dorm of yours." she joked.

Everyone was having the time of their lives. Then something started to happen. Everyone was drinking so much of the darn punch that some people ended up saying random things, while others did random things. Rainbow had warned you about not drinking the punch. But it looked like she forgot, because she was like everyone else too. You decided to drink some of it. It's surprisingly good. Then you take another cup. Another. Another. Another. AJ limps next to you, all drunk. After a couple minutes or so, you are too. She speaks.

"Hey big boy. Do y'all have the guts to come with me to the *hic* bedroom?"

"Whatever *hic* you say, sexy. And might I add you look like the shit tonight?"

She drags your arm before all of you (the entire student body) pass out on the ground. Trixie has escaped...

And the bottle of vodka is in the trash...

Author's Note:

BTW, the dresses the mane six was wearing was their gala dress. Search Google Images and look for MLP humans in Gala dresses. Which picture would you think looked best?