• Published 27th Aug 2013
  • 2,080 Views, 67 Comments

Terror In Equestria 3: Twilight's Conquest - StormLuna



Twilight now has the Jade Alicorn and can see all over the world. She has absolute control over Equestria but she thirsts for more. Will she conquer the whole world or lose everything?

  • ...
13
 67
 2,080

An Unprecedented Storm

Morning had arrived out at sea as Rarity and her fellow dissidents were headed to Alicorn Island. While Crescent Sparkle had never actually been there he has a sixth sense, a lot like Shining Armor does. He said, "I am going to turn the ship to the left just a bit."

Twilight Velvet asked, "Why are you going to turn the ship a bit. I thought you said it was a voyage straight west."

Crescent Sparkle said, "To this point it is, but if we keep going straight west we will sail around 350 miles to the north of it and wind up getting caught in northeasterly rip currents which would cause us to crash into the coast near where Sombra used to live."

Crescent Sparkle turned the wheel about 25 degrees to the left so that they would be sailing west-southwest, directly towards Alicorn Island.

It is mid-morning in Ponyville and Twilight is watching this from afar. She thinks to herself, "Alright Twilight, the time has come to sink them." She decides that given the power this spell will require, she better not do it in or around Ponyville.

Shining Armor approaches the balcony and says, "Twilight, when are you going to cast the hurricane spell? You seem to have waited a while."

Twilight replied, "I wanted to wait until they turned their ship just a little bit. I want the eye of this storm to have a direct hit on them."

Shining Armor said, "Isn't the eye the area of a hurricane that is calm with sunny skies? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?"

Twilight replied, "Yes, it is but the areas immediately outside the eye are the absolute most powerful areas of the storm with the strongest wind and heaviest rainfall. Assuming the eye does make a direct hit, it will be like they will get hit by two storms. Trust me big brother, I know what I'm doing."

Shining Armor said, "Alright little sis. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Twilight replied, "Not really. I am going to get away from Ponyville to cast this spell. It will require so much power that it will have a negative impact in the areas around where I cast it."

Shining Armor asked, "Where do you plan on doing it then?"

Twilight replied, "On Galaxia ridge, right above Canterlot. I don't care if there is a bit of property damage there. Besides, it's not like they couldn't use their magic to fix it anyway. I am going to get going. I want to get this done as soon as possible."

Shining Armor said, "Alright little sis, you know what you're doing. See you later."

Twilight flew from her balcony towards the west and over Canterlot to Galaxia Ridge. Twilight knew that the spell she was about to cast would be by far the absolute most powerful spell she has ever cast. She thought to herself, "I just hope I have enough energy to do this, good thing I had a bigger breakfast than normal this morning."

Twilight floated a bit above the ridge. She began to glow a deep shade of purple yet it was as though a second sun was in the sky over Canterlot. Her eyes began to glow a radioactive green so powerful that they became like laser beams, her horn began to glow black and purple. Dark purple clouds began to build and block everything within five miles of her as she recited, "The nice weather must come to an end, for without a storm the enemy will not bend, the wind shall be strong and my enemies won't last for long, a hurricane is a must so the tyrants will sink and go bust."

A powerful beam of black and purple energy shot out of her horn and green laser beams shot out of her eyes towards the direction she wanted them to, lightning struck the palace in Canterlot causing the roof in the old throne room to cave in and the rocks beneath her crumbled. Twilight was exhausted after casting this spell but still had the energy to fly back to Ponyville.

When she returned to Ponyville she flew to her tower and said to herself, "I never imagined casting a spell would drain me so much. Being able to do things like this though, I am beginning to think I should adopt the title of Dark Goddess. Only a goddess could create storms the way I do!"

Rarity and her party were above deck on their third day at sea enjoying the sunshine and the gentle easterly breeze that was pushing them along nicely. Fancy Pants said, "This an absolutely delightful day to be outside. Despite our food not being what we are used to, I am perfectly happy right now!"

Fleur de Lis said, "I agree honey. This weather today couldn't be any better."

Rarity added, "Yes, it is absolutely divine! I don't think anything could spoil this day as there is not even a cloud in the sky!"

They then saw a powerful beam of black and purple energy accompanied by two narrow beams of radioactive green energy soar across the sky from behind them. They were surprised that such a thing would happen but at first thought nothing of it.

After about an hour they saw what appeared to be some fog off in the distance. Rarity said, "What is that in front of us? I guess our beautiful day is going to be spoiled by that fog."

Fancy Pants said, "Oh a little bit of fog can't spoil our day. Besides, I love to be out in the fog, it is so delightful and calming."

The waves began to pick up which is not normal for this kind of day and they felt a stiff breeze blowing in from the west-southwest. They began to realize that this might not be fog in front of them, but instead it might be a line of thunderstorms.

Twilight Velvet said, "What is happening. Those thunderclouds seem larger than normal and they look purple."

Rarity said, "Purple rain clouds? That reminds me of something Discord would create but he was reformed a long time ago."

Crescent Sparkle replied, "I don't think these are simple thunderclouds, I think it is something much worse."

The clouds were racing towards them and the wind grew stronger, rain began to fall and bolts of purple lightning started flashing in the sky.

Crescent Sparkle shouted, "IT'S A HURRICANE! TWILIGHT HAS CAST A HURRICANE SPELL. EVERYPONY UNDER DECK!"

Twilight Velvet shouted, "She did what? How did she become this powerful? Nopony has ever cast a hurricane spell, especially one this powerful!"

Before they could get under deck they tripped over their own hooves as the waves were rocking the ship so hard nopony could stand up. The rain turned purple making it impossible to see anything. Lightning was flashing all around them and they began to panic running into one another.

Fancy Pants shouted, "Twilight must be worse than anypony ever thought. I bet even Chrysalis and Sombra wouldn't do something like this."

Fleur de Lis shouted, "We have to get under deck. If we don't we will probably get thrown overboard."

They finally were able to get under deck but as they were doing so a decent amount of water had washed in with them. The water was two inches deep leaving no dry place to stand.

Twilight Velvet said, "I think I'm getting seasick the way this ship is rocking back and forth. I feel like I am going to throw up."

Crescent Sparkle said, "When we saw that energy we should have known it was her. Those green laser beams made me wonder though. She must be so incredibly powerful now that she could cause any natural disaster to hit anywhere."

Fleur de Lis began to cry and asked, "What are we going to do? What if lightning hits the ship or the waves tear it apart?"

Rarity replied, "I don't know. I know I can't even fly in these winds, much less levitate anything. Nothing could fly in these winds."

Crescent Sparkle said, "These winds must be setting some sort of record. I didn't even know the wind could blow this hard."

Within a couple hours the wind stopped entirely, the rain stopped and they could see the sun shining out the captain's windshield. Despite the seas still being rough, they went above deck to see what was going on.

Fancy Pants looked around and said, "Well, I guess Twilight's hurricane couldn't sink us after all."

Twilight Velvet said, "No, it couldn't. I have a feeling though that we have been knocked far off course."

Crescent Sparkle said, "Yes, we have been. I just hope we have enough food left to get to Faustica. That sea water can't be good for those apples. Chances are that by tomorrow they will not be any good and we won't have anything to eat."

Fleur de Lis began to cry and said, "The storm couldn't take us down but hunger will. Why is Twilight so mean?"

Twilight Velvet said, "It will be ok. Once we know the winds are gone for good Rarity will be able to levitate us there."

Rarity said, "I hope so. I don't know how far it is to Faustica and which direction it even is now."

Crescent Sparkle said, "Well I have a feeling that we have been blown a bit to the north and it would be to our southwest. How far, I don't know. I do know it is still a great distance but nothing that Rarity can't conquer."

Rarity saw more storm clouds approaching from the southwest and shouted "ANOTHER ONE! HOW CRUEL CAN SHE BE?"

Crescent Sparkle said, "That was the eye of the storm! The absolute worst part of the storm is headed straight for us! Get under deck, now!"

They were able to get under deck before the rain and wind returned yet they were in an area where the ocean was a bit shallow and they could hear the sides of the ship hitting rocks.

They heard a sudden boom and the roof caved in on them. Crescent Sparkle shouted, "We have been hit by lightning. We just have to do our best now!"

Twilight Velvet began to cry and panic and said, "She's truly trying to kill us! How could a child want to kill their own parents?"

Suddenly a huge wave washed in to the cabin and as the water was flowing out, it carried Fancy Pants and Fleur de Lis, both of who did not know how to swim, out with it.

Rarity shouted, "Fancy Pants, Fleur de Lis, I will save you!"

Rarity headed out into the storm but couldn't see anything. The purple rain was falling so heavily she couldn't see anything and tried to navigate towards their screaming but a sudden sinister laugh was much louder.

Twilight Velvet shouted, "It's Twilight! How could she be out there in this?"

Crescent Sparkle said, "She isn't out there. She is having her laughter accompany this storm. She is watching this and doesn't want Rarity saving Fancy Pants and Fleur de Lis."

Lightning struck the ship again causing further damage to the vessel and causing over half of the deck to collapse in on the cabin. Rarity was being thrown around by the wind. She tried to fly against it towards where she thought Fancy Pants and Fleur de Lis were but the sharks would get to them first.

"Sharks, we're going to die!" screamed Fleur de Lis as one of them bit her

"Owww, help us Rarity, please help us! Aaah!" shouted Fleur de Lis and Fancy Pants one last time

Rarity got back under what was left of the cabin and began to cry realizing that her friends were dead.

"CURSE YOU TWILIGHT SPARKLE, CURSE YOU!" shouted Rarity as she cried harder and harder.

The ship then crashed on a small island. They managed to crawl into a small forest on the island despite the powerful rain, dangerous lightning and record winds. All they could do was huddle together as they waited for the storm to pass.

Back in Ponyville Twilight was watching everything unfold and was smiling as she felt like she had done her job. Even though Rarity and her parents still drew breath, she thought to herself, "Two less Canterlot elites! It serve those rich jerks right for flaunting their wealth!"

Shining Armor walked out to the balcony and asked, "Twilight, are your eyes supposed to be radioactive green for the duration of the storm?"

Twilight replied, "No, why do you ask?"

Shining Armor said, "Well your eyes are still a radioactive green. How much power did you put into that spell?"

Twilight replied, "Enough that my eyes shot green laser beams along with my bolt of energy."

Shining Armor said, "This is bad, very bad."

Twilight replied, "Why, I can still see perfectly fine."

Shining Armor said, "Since you did that, your eyes are going to be that color of green forever. You will look scarier than Sombra ever did."

Twilight replied, "Actually, I think it is a good thing. I wanted to look even more intimidating and this makes me look more intimidating than ever!"

Shining Armor said, "Do you want me to go warn everypony about this so they won't be scared of you when they see you."

Twilight replied, "Yes, I do. Could you go and do that while I watch the rest of this storm and how it plays out?"

Shining Armor said, "Sure, I know how you love to watch death and destruction now little sis."

That statement irritated Twilight some but figured that if he gets out of line she would just use the loyalty spell on him again. She realized that since she used an unprecedented amount of power for that hurricane, that she could use that much power for any spell. She thought to herself, "Now I can get Celestia, Galaxia and Rarity to obey me no matter what! The whole world shall soon be loyal to the Dark Goddess Twilight Sparkle!"