• Published 27th Aug 2013
  • 2,080 Views, 67 Comments

Terror In Equestria 3: Twilight's Conquest - StormLuna



Twilight now has the Jade Alicorn and can see all over the world. She has absolute control over Equestria but she thirsts for more. Will she conquer the whole world or lose everything?

  • ...
13
 67
 2,080

Massacre in Marentreal

It was shortly after sunrise the next morning when Twilight was greeted by her usual company for breakfast. They could tell that she was in a good, confident mood. Her generals knew that it was most likely going to be an uneventful day in which very little or anything that was going to go on.

Dark Night asked, "Twilight, what has you in such a good mood?"

Twilight replied, "Well my parents and Rarity made it to Alicorn Island. Little do they know that not the entire royal family there is loyal to them."

LaurFa asked, "Who is loyal to you?"

Twilight smiled and replied, "Princess Luna and her father, King Cosmos. I managed to brainwash them when I brought it to their attention that because they are light in color, Galaxia and Celestia are treated better by their subjects."

Shining Armor asked, "Why are Galaxia and Celestia treated better over there?"

LaurFa said, "It is a sad, pathetic reason. It is because both Luna and Cosmos have coats which are midnight blue while Celestia and Galaxia both have light colored coats. Cosmos said something about them being scared of Luna as well."

Thunder Rage said, "Well that is more than enough reason to turn on Alicorn Island and Faustica. With their own subjects treating them poorly, I don't blame them for joining our alliance."

Starswirl asked, "So Twilight, what are you going to be doing today?"

Twilight replied, "I know I might sound paranoid, but I am going to tap into the eye today. I just have bad vibes about something bad going on somewhere in Equestria today."

Shining Armor asked, "Do you know what part of Equestria Twily?"

Twilight replied, "I'm not sure, but my sixth sense is telling me it will be in the northeastern realm but I will scan the whole country to be safe."

"Sounds like a plan to me," said Starswirl "When will you be starting your scan today?"

Twilight replied, "After breakfast. I need a full stomach before I start out on this. I don't want my mind to be distracted by my stomach growling."

After breakfast Twilight headed up to her bedroom to tap into the power of the jade Alicorn. She was scanning the entirety of Equestria and everything looked completely normal.

She was thinking to herself, "This is the way it should be. Everypony living their lives normally and not causing any problems."

The eye suddenly stopped moving and began to zoom into Marentreal and the activities going on there. Twilight looked at this vision and became enraged.

"HOW DARE THEY DO THIS! HOW DARE THEY SHOW DISSENT! THEY WILL LEARN YOU DON'T SHOW DISSENT AGAINST THE DARK GODDESS TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" shouted Twilight

Shining Armor came running up to her room and asked, "Twilight, what is wrong?"

Twilight replied, "There are protests going on up in Marentreal. They are burning images of me in effigy, their mayor and city council even had the audacity to write a declaration of independence from Equestria which they will sign later this week. They are finished!"

Shining Armor asked, "When do we need to be ready to go and teach them a lesson?"

Twilight replied, "The sooner the better. We need to go and prepare our soldiers for this. Not all of them will be going but they all need to be ready."

Twilight and Shining Armor headed down to the base and saw that they were engaging in normal, everyday exercises. Shining Armor shouted at them to get their attention.

Thunder Rage said, "What is going on general?"

Shining Armor said, "There is a rebellion going on in Equestria that Twilight wants taken care of. I will let her tell you the full details of it."

Twilight started, "Alright everypony, we have a rebellion going on in Marentreal. They are burning images of me in effigy, they are holding signs which read 'death to the dark queen', 'Bring back Celestia and Luna,' and 'death to Ponyville.'"

"What else have they done?" asked Thunder Rage

Twilight replied, "They have even written their own declaration of independence making them free from all of Equestria's influence which they will sign later this week, OR SO THEY THINK!"

Shining Armor asked, "Twilight, you know this better than me. What is the makeup of the population there. That will aid us greatly in our battle planning."

Twilight replied, "The population makeup of Marentreal is 60% unicorns, 35% earth ponies, 5% others, such as donkeys, mules, etc. and no Pegasus ponies. This means that the strengthening armor spell will be needed."

Dark Night asked, "What are the majority of their buildings made of?"

Twilight replied, "Over 70% of the buildings there are made of wood while under 30% are made of stone. I am thinking that perhaps 1,000 Alicorn soldiers and 1,000 changeling soldiers will be needed."

Shining Armor asked, "What is the population of the city?"

Twilight replied, "The city has a population of around 50,000."

Shining Armor said, "Wow, now I know why you want to take so many soldiers, especially given that over 30,000 of those are unicorns."

Twilight replied, "Yes, and also while they don't have the most advanced magic schools there, they do have a unicorn college that ranks in the top 5 of all Equestria. But with brute force, an armor shield and a large army, we will scare them to the point where they will obey me."

Shining Armor asked, "When do you want me to have them ready?"

Twilight replied, "Three days. Also, I think you should stay here since you are second in command. It is something Chrysalis told me about how to keep your next in live alive. Also, I will be engaging in these exercises to make sure I am on the same page as everypony else."

Shining Armor said, "Well ok. I know you are the pony with all the power and it would be best if they met their Dark Goddess for themselves. That should scare them into subservience."

Twilight replied, "My plans exactly. Any that don't die but show resistance will be sent into the void."

The three days passed quickly as Twilight woke up early to find her soldiers ready to be hoof picked and go. Twilight wound up picking her generals, majors and captains as the officers she would take and took the 1,000 strongest soldiers of each type.

Twilight addressed the soldiers she was taking, "Alright everypony, this journey will take us a good seven hours. There is a forest around 30 minutes outside of Marentreal that I want us to rest in when we get there. We will stay the night in there and then head out early the next morning and strike them as everypony is headed out to work and the market is getting set up."

Major Dark Cloud asked, "Twilight, won't that cause there to be many casualties."

This question hit Twilight wrong. She glared at the major and replied, "That is the whole purpose of this mission. If we don't cause a decent amount of casualties, they will not get the message and will continue with this declaration of independence garbage they have going on."

Dark Cloud replied, "I'm sorry Twilight. I know that Celestia never used deadly force with rebellions."

Twilight replied, "Well I am of a different bloodline and I want all my subjects to know that I am not like Celestia. If you complain about me, burn me in effigy, try to declare independence or anything else that is not in the best interests of Equestria, you will be punished. That is why nopony will misbehave with me. Unlike Celestia, I actually have the guts to crush rebellions and not worry about being viewed as this beautiful sun princess."

Captain Storm Force began to giggle a little bit and this was frowned upon by Twilight. Twilight asked, "What do you think is so funny Storm Force? Things to laugh over are to be discussed over meals, not while I am addressing you."

Storm Force replied, "I was just thinking about how they think of her as a beautiful sun flank!"

Twilight got a grin on her face and said, "That is pretty funny. Let's save that for later though, we need focus troops!"

Twilight added, "Wow, I know there is loyalty but with the exercises Shining Armor put all of us through, it requires true loyalty to stay put for those. This is perfect as it will aid me in my biggest mission."

Black Mist asked, "What is your biggest mission Twilight?"

Twilight replied, "I will discuss that when the time is right. For now we need to focus on the current mission, setting the ponies in Marentreal straight. For right now, be at ease and enjoy yourselves before we leave."

Twilight headed back up to her tower to continue to monitor the problems in Marentreal while her soldiers relaxed and talked among themselves down at the base. Shining Armor was a bit worried about his sister going on this mission.

Shining Armor went into her bedroom and asked, "I'm worried sis. I'm worried about you going on this mission with me."

Twilight replied, "Big brother, don't you remember that as my second in command you have to stay here? Also, why are you worried about me going on this mission. I have went on plenty of other missions. I conquered Canterlot with my forces and I fended off Luna and Celestia with them, on my own. Remember Canterlot was over 90% unicorns, unicorns that know more magic. Remember I did this all while you were in an green cocoon of ooze."

Shining Armor said, "Oh, I'm sorry sis. I totally forgot about that."

The next morning arrived all too quickly for Twilight's forces but not soon enough for her. She headed down to the base after breakfast and gathered her officers.

"Dark Night, Thunder Rage, have you chosen the regular soldiers you will be taking with us?" asked Twilight

Dark Night replied, "Yes, we have. Us along with our Majors and Captains have chosen which ones will be best for this mission."

Twilight replied, "Ok, let's get going. I want to get to the edge of that forest by mid-afternoon so we can have a decent meal and plenty of rest before our all out assault tomorrow morning. Let's go."

Twilight and her forces took off towards the northeast on a mission. Shining Armor said to himself, "I know she is tough as nails but I just hope she doesn't get taken down and taken prisoner."

Colonel Lightning Wasp flew up next to him and said, "Twilight get taken prisoner? Come on, she is the most powerful being in the entire universe. She could just teleport herself out of there and fire energy at the city and destroy it."

Shining Armor replied, "Yeah, that is true. I have worried about her since she was a filly and even though she has powers that I could never dream of, I still worry about her."

Twilight and her forces sped off to the northeast reaching the edge of the forest by two in the afternoon. They landed and Twilight addressed them.

"Alright guys, you see that faint skyline off to the east? That is our target. What they have done is treason and will suffer greatly. Grab yourselves some food and get some rest, we have a big mission tomorrow." said Twilight

Major Black Mist replied, "Will there be any spells you will be using for this mission?"

Twilight replied, "Yes, there will be. I will be using the armor spell, the invisibility spell and the reversal spell. If any other spells will be necessary, I will use them. They have over 30,000 unicorns in their population. We can use that to our advantage."

Thunder Rage said, "How can we do that?"

Twilight replied, "They will be firing energy at us. With the armor spell, their energy beams will bounce off of us and do damage to their own city or even hit each other. They will create as much panic among themselves as we will be creating for them. Let's relax and get some food."

Twilight and her forces ate good meals that day and got plenty of rest that night. Twilight wished she had her nice, comfy bed with her but knew that sometimes a pony has to make sacrifices. She woke her forces up before dawn so they could eat and arrive on schedule.

After breakfast, Twilight addressed her forces. "Alright guys," said Twilight "from here it is around a thirty minute flight to our target. I will cast the spells right before we leave and will cast the counter spell for the invisibility spell right as we are floating over the city. I need us all to gather around me."

All of Twilight's forces gathered around her knowing that would make the spells work the best.

Twilight recited, "Whether it be one or a bunch of ones, nopony needs to see so that we don't have to flee, invisibility is the treat of not having to retreat."

They stayed around Twilight for the armor spell as Twilight recited, "The one without armor does not stand a chance, so it is what we must enhance, the unarmed one will likely receive death, with armor he shall continue to draw breath, without armor he will be torn to shreds like a rag but with armor victory is in the bag."

Twilight and all her forces were invisible and had greatly enhanced armor. Twilight was thinking that now was the time to go. By the time they get there it will be the morning rush and the market would be set up and running.

Twilight shouted, "Let's go everypony. Let's crush this rebellion! Let's show them who's boss!"

It was anything but a normal morning in Marentreal. Everypony in town was gathered around city hall to watch the signing of their declaration of independence by the members of the city council and the mayor. Little did they know that what would have been a truly wonderful day would turn out to be the worst day in their city's history.

Right as Twilight's forces were floating above the center of the city where city hall was located the ceremony began. As Mayor Red Hooves walked out onto the steps the entire city cheered.

He addressed the crowd. "I am glad you could make it out today everypony. Ever since the new dark queen has taken power things just aren't the same as they used to be. The city council and myself decided that since our beloved Princess Celestia was no longer in power, that we would simply form our own nation. Once we finish signing this document, we will be known as Marentrealia!"

The crowd started cheering wildly as a booming voice was heard from above that said, "Dark Queen? Don't you mean Dark Goddess now!"

Mayor Red Hooves shouted, "You can't harm us from Ponyville your evil Majesty!"

The crowd continued to cheer loudly as their mayor was standing up to the voice.

Twilight signaled to her forces to gather around her and she recited, "The unseen shall now be seen, with their friends being present, hiding only shows resent, those who have disappeared shall now appear."

Twilight and her forces were now visible. Twilight shouted, "TO WAR, TO VICTORY, CRUSH THEM!"

The citizens of the city saw this and started to run around frantically as they were getting hit with energy and getting coated in green ooze. The mayor decided that he was going to stand up to Twilight instead of letting her win.

Mayor Red Hooves said, "Oh your so called Dark Goddess, you can't stop us from doing this! We are free from you and your tyranny forever!"

Twilight fired energy at him throwing him backwards into a brick wall. She flew towards him and said, "You little foal! You seriously think you can contend with me! Me! The Dark Goddess Twilight Sparkle! The most powerful being in the entire universe!"

Mayor Red Hooves asked, "First off, why are your eyes Sombra green and second why are you doing this?

Twilight replied, "My eyes are Sombra green because I have become incredibly powerful in dark magic and second, I am doing this because I saw this garbage going on from afar."

Mayor Red Hooves said, "How? LaurFa is the only one who can do that!"

Twilight started to laugh and said, "Oh Mayor Red Hooves. Things change, times change, leaders change, the most powerful even changes. I already have full control of Equestria. Someday it will be the entire world!"

Mayor Red Hooves replied, "You will never get away with this!"

Twilight laughed, "That is what they all say!"

While they were engaged in their standoff Twilight's forces were knocking over buildings, killing the citizens of Marentreal left and right. They could be heard screaming and crying in the streets out of pure horror as they watched their friends and family killed.

Twilight decided the time had come to finish this. She started to float above the city. She grew a deep shade of purple, her green eyes had laser beams firing out of them and her horn began to fire energy at the city, destroying buildings and killing the residents as she did this. She was getting sick and tired of listening to their whining so she decided to banish them to the void.

She shouted at her forces to get out of the city. Once they were at a safe distance a huge black bulb formed at the end of her horn as she recited, "You have committed treason and that is not in season, you are a threat to me and I simply can not let that be, I can no longer be annoyed so you shall be cast into the void."

A giant black vortex opened up and began to suck them all into it. Within thirty seconds every single citizen that was not killed was banished. Twilight and her forces cheered loudly in their triumph.

Twilight said, "Good job guys. This took a lot less time than I thought. If we leave now we can get home in time to have a snack and go to bed. Let's go, my bed is calling out to me!"

Twilight and her forces sped off towards Ponyville knowing that they had crushed the rebellion. Twilight hoped that this would send a loud and clear message to not show any dissent or they would face the same fate as Marentreal did.

They finally arrived home around eight that evening and decided to have a post-mission meeting.

Shining Armor asked, "How did everything go? Did you guys teach them a lesson?"

Twilight replied, "Yeah, you could say we did. We killed over 10,000 and the rest I banished into the void. So they are no longer around to cause me any more problems.

Shining Armor said, "Wow Twily, when you mean business you mean business. With this taken care of, does this mean you will start planning for that ultimate goals of yours?"

Twilight replied, "Of course! Why wouldn't I? I am thinking we should start our endeavors on the other side of the Alicorn Ocean and work our way east. I want Alicorn Island to be my final prize."

Shining Armor asked, "Why? Wouldn't you want to get the toughest one out of the way first?"

Twilight replied, "They have already proven they have nothing on us and second, they only have a population of 1,002 and 2 of those are loyal to us. Besides, watching Celestia wallow in her own despair as I become ruler of the entire world will be priceless. Watching her sob feeling it is her fault for me becoming so powerful is actually quite entertaining."

Shining Armor said, "I thought it made you so mad you wanted to banish her to the void."

Twilight replied, "Normally it does. When I take Alicorn Island and have possession of the entire planet, I want to celebrate around her sobbing sun flank."

Shining Armor asked, "Will you be banishing her to the void?"

Twilight replied, "Yes, her and Galaxia. I have already talked to Cosmos and Luna about this and they agree banishing them to the void will be the best option. Those two will then be stewards over there, good loyal stewards."

Shining Armor said, "Well ok. I am heading to bed now. I am sure you missed your bed last night so you will probably be doing the same thing I take it?"

Twilight replied, "Yes, I will be. Tomorrow I will start making plans for my final goal. Good night big brother."

Shining Armor replied, "Good night little sister."

Twilight headed to her room to do one final scan over the world. She noticed across Equestria that all was calm but hoped that tomorrow it would be the same. She did not feel like having to go crush rebellions all the time. She needed to go and conquer the world.