• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 6,285 Views, 114 Comments

Ponylands - Blinky Writer



The Cutie Mark Crusaders listen to Pinkies epic tale of treasure hunting

  • ...
9
 114
 6,285

Prologue

Prologue

The pitter-patter of rain splattered the bark of the Ponyville Library where 3 depressed fillies were staring out the window as the thunder flashed from a freak storm from the Everfree. They sighed in unison; Sweetie Bell’s voice calling out “Twilight, How long until the rain is going to stop?”

The Purple Librarian of Equestria replied without looking out from her book, “No Idea, Why don’t you girls go read a book?”

“But we only do that at school and it’s BORING!” Scootaloo replied dully

“You girls can always find a good story, maybe one that...” Twilight said, suddenly interrupted by a Pink head popping out of the Vase. “OOHHH! I KNOW A SUPERIFIC AMAZINGTASTIC STORY!” Pinkie cried out happily, grinning ear to ear.

“Pinkie? How did you get in here....?” Twilight questioned, before suddenly ducking as pottery flew everywhere as the rest of Pinkies body came out. Just as Pinkie said “On the Great Space Coa...” Twilight interrupted Pinkie this time with “Nevermind....”

“Wha’ kind of story is it Pinkie? Does it have Adventure?” Applebloom asked, walking up to Pinkie

“Romance?” Sweetie Bell added

“Robots!?!” Scootaloo asked

“Yep! Let me tell you a story about 4 player online Role Playing Shooter with Lots and Lots of Guns, Tons of Meanies and Treasure! It also had 4 expansions!” Pinkie said with glee.

Twilight hesitated but let Pinkie continue. “First off, The Characters in this have in no way resemble ponies in real life or made by Hasbro. Second, This is game is owned by Gearbox and I am just a fan” Pinkie rambled on, The Cutie Mark Crusaders giving each other weird looks from not understanding what Pinkie was saying

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So... You want to hear a story... Huh... How about Treasure Hunters? Ahaha... Have I a story for you... Pandora... This is our home, but make no mistake... This is not a planet of Peace and Love... We say it’s a wasteland, that it’s dangerous, that only a fool would search for something of value here... Then Perhaps I am a fool... But do not be fooled by what Pandora appears to be... There was a legend, many ponies tell it, The Legend of the Vault! My father would always go on about the vault, even with his dying breath... Advanced Alien Technology, Infinite Wealth, Fame, Power, Mares... So you can understand why some little fillies would hear the stories and grow up to be Vault Hunters. Well, I have a story you might not believe, but it is true, The Legend of the Vault is real and on Pandora... and well... Let’s call it a Guardian Angel, Appeared to guide the Vault Hunters to their Prize. The tale begins here, on Pandora, with the brave Vault Hunters, The Guardian Angel and most importantly... Pinkie...”

-Cue Intro Music-

A dusty covered road is shown after a brief screen of white, a broken down sign that said “Welcome to Pandora” lies to the left side of the road. One of the panels on the top row fell off changing the sign to Pando_a as a Dog like creature crawled from under another gap in the sign.

“I’ve been walking down the street, when out the corner of my eye, I saw a pretty looking thing come up to me. She said I never seen a man who looked so alone, could you use some company?”

The Mutated dog critter ran on to the road and looked around, suddenly looking around when a metal plated bus came zooming by and hit the poor thing. The dead creature is dragged along the front of the bus as white words form saying:

A Blinky Writer presents

“If you pay the right price, your evening will be nice, and you can go and send me on my way. I said your such a sweet young thing, Why’d you do this to yourself? She looked at me and this is what she said. There ain’t no rest for the wicked, Money don’t grow on trees... I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed. There ain’t nothing in the world for free...”

The inside of the Bus had a Pudgy pink pony wearing a Orange suit “Okee Dokee Everypony back there... Time to shake those flanks and wake up! It’s another BEAUTIFUL day, Full of Opportunity!” She yelled to those in the back

“Not even 15 minutes later, after walking down the street, when I saw the shadow of a man creep out of sight”

The first out of the four in the bus was a Pegasus pony, light blue in colour with Rainbow mane and tail. Her head was covered in a leather helmet/mask that let her mane flow out the back in tight knots; goggles covered her eyes as she wore a leather vest with leather pants on. She carelessly tossed around a knife the length of her front hooves and caught it showing off her skills

Rainbowcai as “The Hunter”

“Then he swept up from behind, he put a gun up to my head. He made it clear he wasn’t looking for a fight. He said give me all you got, I want your money not your life. If you try to make a move I won’t think twice”

The second was a white Unicorn, Her mane was short and curled being that of a neon purple, her tail was longer with the same colour and curl. She wore a simple sleeveless khaki shirt and small khaki vest along with a normal pair of red jeans. She quickly phased out of existence before reappearing and giving an innocent look.

Rarith as “The Siren”

“I told him you can have my cash, but first you know I’ve got to ask what made you live this kind of life. He said there ain’t no rest for the wicked, Money don’t grow on trees... I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed. There ain’t nothing in the world for free...”

The third pony was a Purple unicorn had a long purple mane with a pink stripe that also carried over for her tail. She wore heavy clothing that was dark grey and covered most of her body except head, below her knees and tail. On her head she wore a grenadier cap with goggles relaxing near her horn and she also had a small bit of armour that covered her shoulder. She turned away and raised a hoof to protect her face from the other ponies there.

Rolight as “The Soldier”

Finally, hogging the back of the bus was a large orange pony. Her golden mane and tail were both tied into a pony tail and she wore a simple leather vest and pants with her hooves having small band of leather with bolts attached to the then. On top of her head was a cowboy hat. She slammed her front hooves together

And AppleBrick as Herself

The bus continues to roar down its path as up above, showing metal plates stamped onto it and a large cargo of crates up on top. The dog creature’s body tumbles to the side of the road as large white words are seen above.

PONYLANDS