• Published 17th Aug 2013
  • 4,871 Views, 110 Comments

The Power of the Heart and Mind - BurninSoul



When a Trainer and his Pokemon are sent to Equestria because of a research experiment from Twilight, they find themselves in a magical world of ponies. What will they do now?

  • ...
22
 110
 4,871

Chapter 10

The first thing to greet my day is someone laying on my face. I blink in confusion at the curious position i got myself in and look up to the culprit. Now you would all expect it to be Sam right. Wrong, I was badly woken with Bane lying on my face and all her fur was getting up my nose, I try to suppress a sneeze but it is no good, the noise that follows is sharp and loud making everyone wake up with a jump. Bane gets up and manages to stick a paw in my mouth making me choke, hearing me in pain she instantly pull her foot out with a rasp coming from me.

“Damn, that was bad. You wash your feet at all.” I growl at her. She bristles and growls at me menacingly. “Woah girl, no need for that.”

“Don’t comment about me then!” Bane growls at me through Sam’s telepathy.

“Ok, ok. Jeez. I’m hungry, I wonder if Celestia has sent down that food I asked for?” I get up off the bed with the others following me out into the hall and down the stairs. “You know, we really gotta stop sleeping together. It’s getting kinda awkward.” The others agree with me in their own way and continue on into the kitchen but Sam stays by my side. “What’s the problem?”

“Nothing, Just thinking.” She answers distantly. She looks down the hall and shrugs. “How about breakfast and then think about cleaning up today hmm?”

“Sounds like a good idea. I’ll also think about getting work to pay for you guys and for new furnature.” We walk into the kitchen to see it havoc. Mawile is having a go at Bane while she is getting into a box on the counter. I rush over and drag her away and grab the box. I look inside to see it is the bacon I asked for if somewhat chewed on my Bane. “BANE! Restrain yourself you silly pup. You aren’t to touch these, now go sit in the corner while I get food ready.” She complies with much complaint and grumbling. I look back to the food and shuffle through the cupboards in search for a pan. I search for a moment and realise that I had one in my bag. My hand meets my face with a crack causing everyone in the room to wince and me to groan. “Ow, I forgot the pans are in my bags. Bane, rush upstairs and grab it for me please.” Said pokemon gets up with a little complaining and bounds up the stairs to grab what I asked. She comes back down with said pan and passes it to me. “Thank you. If you all like, go outside and play or whatever you like till I’m ready.” They all do so and go out the front door and off to whereever they all wanted to do, leaving me to do all the work. I turn on the stove with releif at finding the gas working I quickly start with the Bacon and then go to the fridge and look inside to find it fully stocked. “I wonder who did that?” At that point a ball of pink fluff fills my vision causing me to gasp and pedal backwards into the table.

“I did silly. I noticed there was nothing in it last night and filled it just moments before you woke. Do you like it?” She says in a rush but I caught enough to answer.

“Of course I like what you did, though it is a little creepy that you came into my house.” I smile anyway and walk back to the fridge and look for some eggs but don’t see any but then I hear the sound of frying and look back with Pinkie already at work with the food. Putting eggs in and finish making breakfast. “What are you doing Pinkie?”

“Making breakfast you all silly, what else would I be doing?” She scoffs and starts spooning out the bacon and eggs. I smell the bacon, making my mouth water.

“Mmmm, The bacon smells awesome. I’ll be back, just gonna get the others.” I smile and head for the door and head out onto the busy street where everyone is going about their morning routines like heading to work and fillies going to school I guess. I look around not seeing anyone around, I head in a random direction is search of my friends and partners but I can’t seem to find them, I look back toward where I came and caught a quick glance of black and grey in the distance, I head in that direction hoping to get to them but stop at a sudden tug at my pants. I look down and see three little fillies looking up at me with curiosity in their eyes.

The first one to speak was a little white filly with a pink and purple mane and tail with a horn on her head. “Hello. Who are you?” She asks with a little timid undertone.

“I’m Rob and i’m in a hurry, I must be off.” I quickly turn away but get stopped by another tug at my leg. I look down with a scowl and was about to shove them off when they immediately give me the most powerful puppy dog stare I have ever seen, I was powerless. “Oh for the love of Arceus. Fine! What do you want?” I ask with a barely restrained scowl.

“We want to see those monsters that were with you?” A little orange filly with a purple mane and tail asked eagerly.

“They are not monsters, they are my Pokemon. My team, my family.” (I am well aware that ‘mon is a shortening for monster) I answer.

“Where are they?” A little cream filly with light red mane and tail with a pink bow on her head asks me.

“I don’t know but I was about to go after Bane my Mightyena before you stopped me now I’ve….. wait, you girls can help me. Will you help me find my Pokemon?” I ask hoping that they agree and so this doesn’t take longer than needed.

“YES.” After a pause they huddle together and yell at the top of their lungs. “CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS: POKEMON FINDERS. YAAY.” I have to cover my ears from the barrage of noise hitting me.

“Ok then, Now go and find them. Meet me back at my place.”

“Ok, Lets go!” They rush off with glee in their voices.

“Well that got rid of them.” I head back to the house to at least get some breakfast and come to the front door. I hear a commotion from inside the house and peek in and find everyone there.

“What took you?” Sam asked me with an obvious grin plastered on her face.

“I went looking for you guys.” Taking a seat at the table. “Where you all?”

“We went to the nearby park then headed to the markets and then back here.” She giggles.

“Doesn’t matter now, let’s just dig in.” I grab a plate on the table and instantly wolf down the food with much noise and disgust from all others in the room. “Anyways, what on the agenda today?” I ask.

“Well, we’ll need new furniture and the house will need a thorough clean. That only to name a few.” Sam says.

“Well ok then. I guess I’ll deal with the furniture while you guys clean the house. Sound fair?” I get a round of nods of approval. “Good, we’ll start after breakfast. So hurry up.” We all finished quickly and went our separate ways. Me going outside and the other dispersing throughout the house to begin cleaning. I have only made it down the front yard when the three fillies run up to me with downcast looks.

“We’re sorry mister.” They say in perfect unison. “We couldn’t find your friends, please forgive us?” I smile and bend down to their level and ruffle their manes.

“It’s ok girls, they’re fine. A matter of fact they were at home when I got there.” They just stare at me a moment and then the little cream and red one comes up and smacks me in the face to the others horror and my surprise. “What was that for?!”

“Fer tricking us and making us look fer something that wasn’t ther’” She then follows up with another smack but gets intercepted by white, pink and purple horned filly.

“Sorry mister. Applebloom can get a little harsh sometimes. Please excuse her behaviour.”

“Ow. That is fine. Anyways I haven’t been told your names other than Applebloom over here.” *gesturing to said filly*.

“Well I am Sweetie Belle and these are my friends Applebloom and Scootaloo.” Pointing to her friends.

“Well then, Sweetie Belle. It has been a pleasure but I have things to do so if you’ll excuse me?” I get up and walk off into the direction of town hall in the search of a job. It doesn’t take long to get to town hall seeing as it isn’t hard to notice over the other buildings. I make for the door and walk in to the sight of an attendant filing papers behind her desk. I’ve been wondering why most of the ponies are female but that is a question for later. I walk up to the unsuspecting attendant and clear my throat causing her to jump and smack her head on the desk.

“Ow, that hurt!” She exclaims in fright. She looks up over the desktop and sees me. “Oh. You must be that new pony we’ve all been hearing about. Welcome to town hall. Who are you here to see?”

“For starters i’m not a pony. I am human. Secondly I am here to meet the Mayor. Is he/she free at the moment?” I say in a rush.

“Yes she is. I can send you in in just a moment. While you wait you can just sit on one of the chairs around the room.” I nod and sit over by the wall while the attendant goes into where I suppose the mayors office is. I don’t have to wait long till a tan and two tone gray maned mare comes walking out of the room with her attendant at her tail.

“Or you come out to see me. Hello, you must be the mayor.” I get up and walk over to the two mares. I stop and shake her hoof in greeting.

“Yes I am and you must be the new hooman that is out and about. Where are your friends?” She asks.

“At home, that is actually why I came in today. I am after a job to pay for new furniture and food in the house. Are there any available?”

“I am not sure, I think I could look around but till then have a look with the local places, they may have one for you.”

“Thank you mayor. Do you think you could inform me if or when you find something?”

“Yes I can, Now I think you must be off. Go and have a lovely day.” The mayor says.

“Thank you very much.” We shake hand/hoof and then go our separate ways. Me going outside to do some searching while the mayor does some searching of her own. I step out into the street and look around. “This is gonna be a long day.”

Home with Sam

Rob had only been gone for no more than a few minutes and we were almost done the bottom floor. Jobs are done a lot quicker when you can move a large amount of things with your mind but the job was beginning to get tiring. I look up the hall where I can hear the others talking together. About me and Rob I suppose. It has been getting a lot more frequent recently for some reason. I hear a funny noise coming from the end of the hall where Bane and Mawile were having a conversation, I look up and see them looking towards me but their eyes drift away as we make contact as though to feint interest. I have almost had enough and about to go over there to set things straight when I hear a knock at the door. I head over and open it to be greeted by a trio of fillies.

The first to speak was a little white and pink/purple horned one. “Hello… We just wanted to come over and say hi. We didn’t get to see you yesterday so we decided to visit now. What are you up to?” Boy was she a curious one I thought. I look back toward Bane and Mawile and give them a death glare and then invite the girls in.

“Why exactly are you here?” I ask. “I am a little busy at the moment so if you don’t want anything you’ll need to stay out of the way.” I pick up a brush and bucket with my powers and drag them around the room cleaning up everything I see. The three girls are staring in rapt attention of my ability, at the fine movements that I make with it and the smoothness of my control.

“We… are….. here….. to…. ask…. about… you.” The speaker's voice is spoken haltingly as though spoken in a trance. I suppose they were for they followed all the movements I made. I stop my power and wave my arms in their faces getting their attention and causing them to fall over.

“Ask about what?” I ask.

“What? Oh, oh yeah. That! Umm….. We wanted to ask you how you got here and what you are?” This time an Orange filly with a purple mane and tail spoke.

“Oh, how we got here is still a mystery, something to do with a Twilight.” This made the girls giggle at an inside joke and stare agape at what she managed. “And as to what I am. I am a Kirlia, a Pokemon if you will but I go by the name of Sammy or Sam for short.” “I don’t think I got your names.”

“Oh right!” Says the White and pink/purple filly. “I am Sweetiebelle, or Sweetie for short and these are my best friends. Applebloom and Scootaloo.” Gesturing to a cream coloured and light red maned filly with a pink bow in her hair and an Orange and Purple maned filly.

“Cute names. It is a pleasure to meet you all. Is there anymore you wanted?” I ask.

“Not really. We just came by to look at you guys and then leave.” They sneak a peak down the hall at Bane and Mawile and their faces go instantly pale. “Change of plans, we got what we wanted so lets go, see you around Sam.” They say in unison and run for the door and leave. I smile as they leave and get back to work.

Home with Bane and Mawile

“Bane, do you think that Sam and Master being together is a good idea?” Mawile asks.

“No idea but no matter how it turns out we had better hope it is for the best.” Bane replies.

“I don’t like it.” Stealing a glance and getting a hard stare in return. I look away fast pretending that I wasn’t just doing anything wrong. “I can only see this relationship going badly and it would be better for all of us if it was sooner than later.”

“Oh Mawile, You’re thinking too much. They will be fine, call it female intuition, I don't care but they will be happy together so no trying to break them apart.”
.
.
.
.
.
.
“I sure hope you’re right.”

Author's Note:

Another chapter through, another thing to add. What do you guys think?