• Published 17th Aug 2013
  • 4,859 Views, 110 Comments

The Power of the Heart and Mind - BurninSoul



When a Trainer and his Pokemon are sent to Equestria because of a research experiment from Twilight, they find themselves in a magical world of ponies. What will they do now?

  • ...
22
 110
 4,859

Chapter 12

It was a week ago since I met the strange stallion. After he awoke we headed homeward and spent the rest of the day chatting. He seemed to be an accomplished mage, he liked to tell about his abilities in the elemental magics especially fire. His latest spell he was learning which he dubbed: The Elementalist Armour has only been practiced for about a week and the day I saw him was the furthest he ever got with it. He also told me he was a practiced teleporter and conjurer. He had the ability to summon beasts from thin air but haven’t gotten very far with it, just managing timber wolves and cockatrice and hopefully get strong enough for elementals, and as the week went by he showed me his ability with them in the very same field as before, by the end of the week let’s just say that it never looked the same again.That leaves us to our current day and I have been asked to visit Twilight for questioning.

I stand outside the door of the library nervous. I’m not nervous often but I have a feeling today is going to be very tiring. I go to knock the door but before I could it slams me in the face causing me to fall over painfully and rolling around the ground gripping my nose and face in general. “Ow! The fuck was that!” I cry aloud and look through my hands and see certain ponies giggling at me. I look toward the culprit and come eye to eye with me aggressor: Twilight Sparkle. She looks down at me and notice me gripping my face like a vice.

“OH MY GOSH, ARE YOU OK?” She cries in shock. She kneels down next to me to get a closer look.

“No i’m not thanks to you.” I look to her and notice the tears at the corners of her eyes but I was in too much pain to care. “Let’s just get inside before I change my mind. Help me up.” She instantly does so feeling really guilty with herself for hurting me and leads me inside. She sits me down in a sofa off to the side of the room.

“Wait just there. I’ll just go get you some ice for that nose and some bandages.” I scowl weakly and nod while gripping my face. I take my hand away to assess the damage and see my nose is bleeding and my nose is broken.

“Well fuck.” I say to myself quietly. I put my hands to my nose and quickly and painfully crack it back into place. “Ow, That’s gonna hurt for a while.” By this time Twilight is coming back into the room and sees me putting my nose back into place. She hisses at the painful scene.

“Now…” passing me the bandages and ice. “Back to the main reason you’re here. I’ve been here a week and I’ve been itching to ask you questions like about your home and your species. Are you ready?” She asks almost professionally. I give a quick nod and hiss in pain from doing so.

“Ok now to start. I’ll start with your companions. What are they?”

“My Pokemon. Please be more specific.”

“Ok then, what are the name of their particular breed and as I saw from back at Canterlot their abilities?”

“The Dog pokemon is Mightyena, she is a dark type able when taught to use an array of abilities according to her type. The tan and black coloured pokemon is called a Mawile, he is a steel type and finally Sam, she is a Kirlia, a psychic type able to do an array of abilities with her mind. As for the abilities they are generally named simply. Through the battle, Sam used psychic to move and strike at Bane with which at that point was called Poochyena. Poochyena used a lot of moves like tackle and Bite. I forgot to mention Psychics are useless against dark type, don’t tell her I said that or she’ll kill me, that is all i’m going to share on that. Next?” Seeing that she isn’t going to get more of an answer goes onto the next.

“Ok, how many different species are there in your world?”

“Between two hundred and fifty and three hundred. I can’t remember after the last count.”

“And they all have powers?”

“Of course.”

“Extraordinary.” She grabs a notepad and starts furiously writing down notes. “You called them types, how many are there?”

“Seventeen.”

“Care to recall them all?”

“Sure, there is the Fire, water, earth, stone, poison, dark, psychic, steel, flying, fighting, normal, ground, lightning, ghost, grass, dragon and ice.”

“Wow. Ok, well how about you?”

“Me?”

“Yes you, I want to know about your species. How old are you?”

“Fifteen. I was supposed to start my journey at ten but I stalled. I didn’t feel like I was ready.”

“Ten!? That is so young.” Continuing to scribble. “Why do you start so young?”

“I have no idea but that was how it was. I suppose it’s so people have enough time to train their pokemon to be strong enough to become champion.”

“Are those three the only ones you have?”

“Yes they are, I had only got Mawile just before you brought us here. Good thing too because at that time we were falling to our deaths.”

“Really. Well i guess that is a good thing then.”

“You saved our lives I guess. This chat has been quite nice but I got to go, I have another thing to catch.” We talked for hours after but eventually slowed down to a stop.

“Really. A little longer?” Twilight almost pleads.

“Nope sorry. I gotta dash. Things to do, pokemon to train and games to play.” Suddenly Pinkie Pie flies out of a bookshelf and lands in between us.

“He’s not really got anything to do. The author just wants him away from you to play with Sam and watch FireDancer practice his Elemental magic.” I stare at her with mouth agape and Twilight just facehooves!?

“Wha? How? How did you........?”

“Don’t even question it, you’ll get a headache.” I let it slide but vow to figure out how she did that.

“Well im off.” I quickly get up and rush for the door and hurry away for home. I rush by not caring if anyone waved or not and got home faster than expected. I rush into the main room passed a confused Bane that is lying on the sofa taking a nap and into the backroom nearly smacking into FireDancer while he’s sitting at a bench messing with his magic creating fireballs that float in mid air and summoning creatures then sending them away. “Woah, they there FD. Whatcha up to?” I ask.

He turns to me in fright at not noticing my entry and nearly blast me with his fire. “Jeeze, you scared the hell out of me. For a moment I thought you were someone else.”

“Yeah, yeah. All’s good. What you doing?”

“I was just messing with my magic, getting stronger. Wanna see something i’ve been working on?”

“Sure, I guess. What you got?”

“I can just about complete the Elemental Armour sequence. Wanna see?”

“Sure I guess. Go ahead.”

He gets up and goes into the middle of the room and gets up on his hind legs again. His front hooves begin to catch fire and fire quickly and steadily moves over his body until he is covered from head to hoof in it. Next the fire begins to thicken and solidify. that is soon complete and the armour is done. It looks like a suit of fiery plates covering his entire body but flexible. He then begins to concentrate harder and a short sword forms at his hip and a bow at his back.

I stare with praise and surprise in my eyes. It was complete, I couldn’t see the strain and surprise in his eyes when he completed the spell but I could feel his happiness and smiled at his achievement. “Holly crap! It’s complete, can you even hold this?” I get a weak nod in return.

“Once complete it fuels itself until I call it off of me. It is strong enough to stop a manticore attack and flexible enough to move around in as normal.” He then dispels the armour and slumps down on the ground tired. “It is -pant- still difficult to summon -pant- but after -pant- a bit I think it will come easily.” He gets up and walks outside and I follow close behind.

“So when are you telling that you have magic?” He stares at me surprised.

“Since when will I tell anypony about my magic!”

“You’ve got to eventually. It’s better now than later. I’m sure they’d like to know that you are a magic user.”

“Or they chase me out of town for being a monstrosity.” He sighs and slumps over again.

“What? Being a magic user makes you a monstrosity?”

“It’s the manner I got my power. I wasn’t born this way. I was… augmented.”

“How? Who?”

“I do not know, afterwards I had my memory wiped and that’s all I remember.”

“Well that is the past. Look to the future and show them what you’re made of.”

“Are you sure?” FireDancer inquires.

“Of course i’m sure.” “I won’t tell you to do this, it is your choice but it must come out one way or another.” I turn away and leave him to think over the decision and head inside. By this time it is about mid to early afternoon so I headed to the kitchen for lunch and a snack. I walk into the kitchen and stop dead when I see Rainbow dash in front of me. “What the hell do you want?”

“I want payback.” She growls at me. I gulp in anxiety, not knowing what is going through her head at the moment.

“And how do you plan on getting that?” I ask.

“I will fight you. No help from your friends and none from mine. It will be a fair one versus one. Is this clear?”

“Very.”

“Good. It will be tonight at Whitetail woods.. Prepare yourself for an ass whooping.” With that she is out the open window and away in a flash. I gulp.

“What have I gotten myself into?” I ask myself not knowing that a certain pokemon was eavesdropping.

“A lot of trouble.” I hear the distinct voice of Sam in my mind and turn around to look at her completely forgetting lunch. “You really had to do this didn’t you. If you do this we could end up in some deep trouble.”

“Well i’d better prepare for a fight this afternoon or…….” I never got to finish before i’m interrupted.

“NO! You will not fight this afternoon. You’ll only be feeding her anger. Just find a different way.”

“*sigh* Do I really have to? Sometimes you really like to act like my mother.”

“If I didn’t then you’d be in a lot more situations like this. Now, you will spend the rest of the day preparing for when it comes time to do this you’ll need to be ready or find another way to resolve this.”

“Ugh. Fine…… Mother.” I end with a cheeky laugh causing Sam to smack me across the face enough for me to wince.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time. I had spent the last few hours preparing for this afternoon and now I was as ready as I was gonna be. Me and my Pokemon walk down the road heading for the meetup point at the edge of the whitetail woods. With a few direction from passing ponies on the way to the fight we made it just in time to see Rainbow flying in like a showoff. Everyone is applauding and whooping with anticipation at the coming event of the evening.

“Well I’m screwed. Do you think there will be a way to get out of this without humiliation.”

“Not really.” I hear from behind me and see Twilight walk up. “You must do this or else you will lose all respect from everypony in town. They came for a fight and if you left there will be a riot.”

“Well I’ll do my best then.” I then take my jacket off and give it to sam and walk up to the ring that was put up for us. I climb the stairs and crawl through the fence and stand at one end. I then look to the skies to see Rainbow still showing off. I call up to her “Get down here so we can do this thing! You’re only tiring yourself with those tricks.” She seemed to have heard me and as quick as a flash flies down and lands on the other end of the ring.

“Aaaaah. It seems that you made it. Are you ready?” I nod in anticipation. “Good. Lets begin with the rules: No biting, No weapons, No Clawing, No gouging and finally no below the belt. Go it?” I nod again. “Good.” She then looks over to Pinkie to whom I didn’t notice come right up between us in the moments we were standing there. “You call the start.” She gives a nod and we head to the side lines as she stands in the center.

“MARES AND GENTLECOLTS!” Everyone then quietens down and looks to the ring. “WE HAVE A SPECIAL EVENT FOR YOU ALL TONIGHT, DASHIE HAS CHALLENGED ROBBY TO A FIGHT AND HE HAS ACCEPTED.” She then clears her throat and continues. “THIS FIGHT WILL GO UNTIL A CHALLENGER IS UNABLE TO CONTINUE OR HE OR PULLS OUT OF IT.” She looks back at us with a nod and we both nod back. Rainbow with a smile and a smirl, me with a resignation. “WELL THEN….. Let the challenge begin!” And as quick as anything Pinkie was out of the field and Rainbow was at me.

“Her first strike is for my jaw which I block easily but wasn’t prepared for the next strike to the gut. I groan slightly but quickly recover while pulling back for a moment. She comes at me again before I was ready and gets another hit in at my jaw. I can feel the teeth crack from the strike and hear the cries and hollers from all watching. I decide to go for the attack and quickly go into quick probing strikes which were blocked with ease, I continue with speed but I can already feel my arms burning and bruising up. I go for a feining move and while she’s distracted I get her right in the jaw then quickly into the chest and gut making her stumble back a few steps dazed. I take full advantage and go into a series of fast punches and focused open palm shoves to wind her further. I was so focused on the attack that I didn’t find the time to defend as she comes around and swipes my legs out from under me. I go down with a thud and feel a rib crack. I hiss in pain and pull myself up slowly onto my knees seeing Rainbow in much better a state waing on the other end of the field.

“You really want this to continue?” I wheeze as I get back up onto my feet while swaying slightly.

“You humiliated me in front of everypony. I can’t forgive that, I just want to be seen as strong again.” I can see moisture growing in her eyes.

“Have you seen everyone all day? They have been adoring you. They don’t think you’re weak. Now are you going to stop this?”

“I can’t do that. It’s too late.” She says with an instant flash of fire in her eyes. I nod in resignation and then get back into position.

“Well then. Continue.” That is all the prompt she needed as she comes at me with reckless abandon. I swerve to the side to dodge her flailing hooves from hitting me and trip her as she passes. i could see the surprise in her eyes as I did that and couldn’t look at her as she landed in a heap on the floor. I look back and see her heaving while trying to get up. Seeing as this was getting too much I put my arms down and kneel by her no the floor and pick her back up.

“You have done enough. Just end this or I will.” She nods at me with tears rolling down her face.

“Fine, that is enough.” She then looks to the ground and heads for the middle of the ring. I follow suit and stand in the center. As if nothing happened Pinkie appears in the middle of the ring and waits for everyone to quieten down. We both stand on either side looking the much the worse the wear.

“Okay everypony. It seems that is the end to our fight this evening. Now it’s time to give the winner.” I choose this time to bend down and speak into her ear and get a gasp and nod from her. “It seems that Rob has pulled out of the fight leaving Dashie as the victor. Yaaaaay!” Everyone cheers for my fow. I look at her and her to me with a quizzical glare.

I lean over “Sometimes you just gotta know when enough is enough. I chose then to do so….. cause you were being too stubborn to do it earlier.” I decide this was also a good time for something else. “I’m also really sorry for hurting you. Now I don’t expect you to forgive me but at least no hard feelings?” I put my hand out to her which she stares at for a moment thinking.

She then puts her hoof into mine and shake.





“No hard feelings.” The next I see Is a bright light and ponies panicking.

Author's Note:

Made it 12 followers.. You jelly. I'm kidding. I thank you all who Liked my story and read it. I apologize for my less than perfect vocabulary and writing but It's all in the name of progress. :3 I also apologize for the wait. I forgot about it and almost didn't even wanna update it.. :p