• Published 17th Aug 2013
  • 4,871 Views, 110 Comments

The Power of the Heart and Mind - BurninSoul



When a Trainer and his Pokemon are sent to Equestria because of a research experiment from Twilight, they find themselves in a magical world of ponies. What will they do now?

  • ...
22
 110
 4,871

Chapter 13

The flash was blinding. I couldn't see for a several seconds and all I heard around me was chaos. I blink my eyes several times to get my vision back and I almost wished I hadn't. There were monster's everywhere. They ranged from between wooden Mightyena's and Running all over the place chasing the ponies all over. I had to get into action fast or someone may get terribly hurt. I look left and right and see my pokemon still standing disoriented.

"GUYS! Get yourselves together. We have some fighting to do". Everyone quickly shakes off the disorientation and rushes up to stand beside me. "Okay Pup. I want you to deal with the wooden wolves any way you can." Pup nods and takes off and into the fray. "The rest of us will help in anyway we can." We all rush at the beasts and furiously smash them apart with the help of Sams psychic and Mawiles dark attacks and bite. We were smashing through the enemy when one of them tackle me from behind and bites me in the side ripping my flesh open then blood going everywhere.

"AHHHHHHHH" I scream in agony as I feel my life force leave my body. Sam must have sensed my distress and turned back toward me. The scream she gave was said to be heard all the way beyond Canterlot I heard about later. I felt cold and my eyes became heavy and began to close as I saw her kneel by my side and cradle my head in her hands as the chaos continued around us. Just before my eyes closed fully I herd the sound of rushing flames and howls of pain and then a light being given off by Sam.


I awoke with a start to find myself in my room and on my bed with the feeling of someone laying by my side. "Must have been a terrible dream......" I whispered as my eyes started to close again. I felt a shuffling in the sheets behind me, thinking it was Sam I turn over to give her a hug and find myself with a face full of buxom. I reel back on the bed to see better and laying by my side is a sleeping Gardevoir in a pair of shorts and a blouse I had in my packs. "Sam........?". The sleeping Gardevoir stirred in her sleep and made a cute grumbling noise. I nudge the sleeping shape and call again. "Is that you......... Sam?" The Gardevoir finally opened her eyes and looked at me sleepily. As soon as she saw me her eyes went wide and crushed me in a tight hug.

"You're awake!" She yelled happily and still with me crushed up to her chest in a hug.

"Of course I'm awake. What I care about more is how you evolved again and why we are sleeping together alone. Where is everyone else?" I ask while trying to get out of her grip.

"You don't remember yesterday?" She asked. I shake my head in negative.

"No I do not. Can you please tell me what happened?" She told me everything that happened yesterday up until the part with me being nearly killed.

"After you passed out I evolved and something else must have happened too, I think I melded my life force with yours. which also healed all your injuries but you were out like a light so I teleported you back here and put you in bed."

"What happened to the wooden wolves?" I asked.

"Them. They were chased out by Pup and Mawile and your new friend FireDancer and then went to hospital to have their injures treated." she replied.

"And the ponies?"

"Mostly uninjured, some got away with a few scratches, bruises and at worst a broken bone or two."

"That's relieving." I answer........ "Wait a minute, my life force was melded with yours?"

"Yes".

"Does that mean I'll always know where you are, how your feeling and such?" I ask.

"Yes and I can feel you." she replied.

"Great" I pause as I begin feeling a strange tingling in the back of my mind and the sudden urge to hold Sam close. I grab her and she giggles.

"I notice that you can sense me. Good".

"What do you mean?" I asked couscous of what she may have in mind.

"Oh nothing........ Just this".

"AHHHHHHHHHHH"


"You know you didn't have to jump on me and crush me in that mass of hugs and kisses you know". I say as we walk down the street to find my other pokemon that have gone off to do their own thing.

"I was just so worried when you didn't wake up to begin with but I knew you would be safe and sound so I slept with you till you awoke". We continued looking until we found Pup in the park giving rides to all the foals and letting them pet her. "Ah there she is. You think we should just leave her be?"

"I reckon that is a fine idea. We'll go find Mawile and then come back for her." I admit and then walk off with Sam at my heels in search of that Mawile. "If I was a Mawile, where would I go?"

"I expect he may have gone off with FireDancer, He was with him last I remember".

"Okay, well we'll go find FireDancer then and I may know where he is". I rush off in the direction of the Everfree and into the trees, in the direction of the grounds we met in. It didn't take long to get there and my guess was right as I find them standing in the center practicing with their powers. I could see Mawile off to the side attacking the trees and some practice dolls that were put together and I saw FireDancer in the middle showing with his abilities with his armor on.

"Hey guys". I call out and they both turn to me as Sam comes up from behind me. The other two walk over to us.

"You recovered quickly. I am glad to see you up and about". FireDancer says jovially while Mawile smiles and punches me in the arm.

"Ow" I wince. "So what's been happening since I was out?" I ask.

"Well after you nearly got yourself killed yesterday, we all just went around doing whatever to pass the time. I noticed that Pup has gotten in very well with the foals."

"I noticed that as I came looking around for you guys. We'll be picking her up later."

"What do you wants us for anyway?" FireDancer asked.

"We're going after that pack of creatures that attacked us yesterday."

"Those Timber wolves. Sounds like some fun, there is no need though. A good number were wiped out yesterday by you guys and I doubt they will be coming back anytime soon".

"If your sure".

"Of course I'm sure. Go. Have some fun, go meet up with your friends. I'll just be here practicing then I'll be back".

"Sure. Mawile, you coming with me?" He nods in accent. "Good, Sam can you teleport us to town now?" She nods then with a flash we all reappear outside our house. "Good. Now, let's go see Pup and go out for lunch. I'm famished". Sam giggles at that and Mawile just rolls his eyes and they follow me into town to retrieve pup. We stop by the park to see pup curled up under a tree with a plethora of foals snuggled up to her asleep which caused the biggest 'Dawwww' from Sam and I. We sneak up on pup and tap her on the head to which she looks toward me and smiles. She starts to get up but stops dead in her tracks as she sees something colorful flying right at us. Something with a Rainbow contrail.

I look in the direction that she is and gets the massive surprise a tackle right to the chest and flung about thirty feet away into the dirt with a Pegasus sitting on my lap. "Hello. You're awake. How are you?"

"I was fine until you tackled me Rainbow Dash". I climb out from under her and feel around for any damaged bones, I look up to see the others looking at me with dumb struck expressions and Sam with a silent giggle on her lips.

"HA Ha really funny". That was the very moment I had to trip and fall on my face.

Author's Note:

Sorry guys if you see a lot of mistakes. I am getting back into the swing of this after the massive wait and want to apologies for so. I have finished another chapter. If you enjoyed this, leave a like and comment and hopefully some helpful advice. Peace out and have fun.