• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 794 Views, 19 Comments

Might Be... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 42. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
5
 19
 794

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – Rise and ugh mornings

Violet's hooves clap to the sound of the stairs as the light purple filly bobs the doll to her magic with each step she takes. Another slight morning yawn rolls through you as you follow the filly down the stairs, but your sight goes to the room as you watch her happily galloping towards the table to your right.

As you look around the empty house you start to wonder where Spike or Twilight are but your thoughts are quickly cut off as your ear flicks to a feminine voice coming from behind you, "...No Spike I think its more of a magic block..."

You follow the voice as you turn to the other side of the house as you trot into the main part of the library, however as you bring your eyes to the room you do a slight double take to the scattered collection of neatly placed small towers of books.

But you ignore the room as you move your gaze to the lavender mare that stands in front of a wooden podium with a stream of books flying slowly across her face, "...no...no...no...hmm...no.."

As you move towards her spot your voice comes back with a slight laugh as you look around the room, "What are you doing?"

To your voice Twilight's ear flicks but she doesn't turn her head as the stream of books continues to come past her, "I'm trying to find a book that can restore Star Swirl the bearded’s journal..." Her voice picks up a little as the stream of books halts in the air as their puppet master turns to you, "...I mean look at this thing, its like Celestia didn't even try to keep it intact."

The smaller sized and flimsier book floats towards you with an open page thats more like a used tissue of words, you blink to her words as you think over one of her earlier comments. "Isn't that book over a thousand years old?"

"YES!" To your words Spike crosses his arms as he nods to Twilight, "Thats what I said."

Twilight gives a slight one ha laugh as she rolls her hoof to you and Spike, "This book was in the care of Celestia, some pages are not even touched...it just makes no sense that I can't use the same restore spell on everything in it."

You shrugs the comment off as you look the room back over again, you know she has to have been at this for awhile now, "How come you didn't wake me?"

The lavender mare turns back to the stream of books as her horn sparks back up, but the steady pace of the books becomes a quick one direction movement as they become a neat stack to a small nearby table, "Because, that spell seems to work this morning."

“What spell?”

She turns back to you as she squints her eyes, "Don't you remember me trying that sleeping spell on you this morning?"

You shake your head to the comment as she taps her hoof to her mouth, but her voice comes back fast as she nods, "Ok, well we can't try that spell anymore...not if it makes you forget things."

You blow to the comment as you she floats Star Swirl's journal closer towards her, "I don't think I remember anything in the morning."

A slight giggle comes from Twilight as she trots past you, "Spike don't worry about the books, I have a clean up spell I want to try out when we get back."

You lose your smile to her words as you follow after her, "Get back? Twilight I thought we agreed you weren't going to do that today?"

A sheepish smile comes over her as she shakes her head, "Well, Celestia stopped by early today to check on them, and there wasn't any problems." Her voice continues as she floats the journal towards the table, "Besides you know Hearth Warming Eve is important, and what's better than using the elements of harmony on a day like this?"

You don't loosen your face as you give a slight sigh, "So that's why you didn't wear your horn ban today."

Twilight gives a sweet smile as she looks you over, "You know I like it...its just anything on a unicorn's horn will restrict magic use."

Ya, something specially picked out and she can't even wear it...You hold the thought for a moment but you're unable to speak up as Twilight turns her head to the light purple filly that has been sitting at the table, her voice comes back with a slight baby like tone but its a little more questioning as she trots towards the filly, "Where did you get that Violet?"

The light purple filly gives a smile to the mare as she gets closer, but Twilight's eyes focus to the stuffed doll that sits in a slouching position on the table.

Your previous thoughts are pushed aside as you blink to Twilight's voice, "I found it in Violet's baby chest..." You shrug to your words as you continue, "I figure it's an early birthday present."

Twilight pauses for a moment as she thinks over your words, but her voice comes back as she turns towards you, "Well Violet's birthday is in Luna's year, so it is a little too early for a birthday present..."

You roll your eyes to the comment as you laugh to it, "I thought we weren't going to go by that?"

Her ear flicks to the words as she nods her head, "O-oh were not i'm just saying." You hold a faint smile as you speak up trying to tease her slight know it all tone, "Well when is your birthday, this year or next?"

"It already passed this year." Twilight’s gaze of the doll doesn't really shift as she studies it.

You're surprised to the response as you quickly speak back up, "What? How come we didn't do anything special?"

A faint giggle comes from Twilight as she turns her head to you for a second, "Because it wouldn't be fair to do something special for my birthday if you can't even remember yours."

"HA! Mines..." You pause to the words as you think, "Uh...mines today." Even through your stutter you hold a confident smile as you wait for a response.

"Oh, Really, so what do you want to do today?" She cocks her eye brow to your sure face as she waits for your next comment.

You think over her words as a thought rolls through your head, "Uh...actually I think i'll wait until somepony can watch Violet and Spike." You give an innocent smile as you shrug to her.

However before Twilight's voice can come back to her shes cut off as Spike comes in behind you, "Whoa, is that...I'm surprised Twilight hasn't even taken the doll back yet."

The purple dragon stops his voice with a laugh for a moment as he nudges you, noticing your confusion, "...You know how I always told you Twilight didn't have many friends in Canterlot, well your looking at the only friend before she got her number one assistant." A proud smile comes to Spike's face as he points his claw to himself.

You get a slight smile as you look over Twilight's slightly annoyed expression, "No Spike I was going to give Ms. Smarty Pants to Violet..."

"Ms?" You get a wider smile as you stare to Twilight, but your word only stops her for a moment as she takes up a straighter posture to hide her slight embarrassment, "Yes, MS.Smarty Pants...Just like you named your cape." She shoots back a sly smile as she loses her posture a little.

But you're not able to defend yourself as Spike's laugh comes back to the room as he moves towards the table, "Did you really name a cape?"

You squint to the purple dragon as you think to yourself, go on and laugh dragon...The super bad ass librarian with a sleeping disorder-...You quickly move from the thought as you realize the last part makes you sound like an old man...stallion. "No, I didn't name my cape...but I am super pony."

As the words leave your mouth you now realize how dumb it sounds to say it out loud. Note to self, maybe come up with something else.

Although not matter how dumb you feel right now you can't take the words from the room as Spike lets out another childlike laugh.

Twilight no longer continues the conversation as she gives a slight giggle and turns back towards Violet, "I was going to give Violet Ms. Smarty Pants after I was able to get rid of the spell I put on it."

At the end of her words Twilight reaches her hoof to the doll as she starts to look it over, as the doll moves from the table Violet's face takes on a slight pout as she looks to the moved toy.

You notice Violet's expression as you speak up with laugh, "What spell?"

Again Twilight's voice is cut off as Spike speaks up for her, "Ha! Oh ya that was great! Twilight put a want it need it spell on the doll when she needed to write a letter for Celestia." Spike points his claw to you as he squints his eyes, "...Seriously though it was a weird day."

Twilight ignores the comment with a roll of the eyes as she nods to you and speaks up in a lower voice, "You know we can't have her getting upset so easily, and this spell has an affect on foals."

Violet blinks to the words as she goes through her favorite response, to it Twilight gives a slight giggle as her horn sparks up, "Of course you are...But hold on sweetie." Twilight's eyes come back to focus on the doll as her magic wraps around it a little brighter.

The low chime rings a little around the room as whatever spell Twilight uses rolls through its motion, but the spell ends fast as Twilight floats the toy in front of her. But the toy doesn't look the exact same as it now has a slightly brighter looking gray color and its button eye that was hanging has set back to the doll's face. The two buttons are still different colors but the doll looks a lot newer.

Twilight holds a sweet smile to the doll as she turns it back towards Violet with a smile, "Here you go Violet."

As the toy comes to hoof's reach of the little filly it's snatched from the magical hold as Violet brings it to her hooves with her found joy.

You know Violet's older but your still surprised that something in her grasp doesn't immediately dart to her mouth any more.

With a slight sigh Twilight moves towards the small box thats sitting against the wall, "Ok, Violet already ate and I already put her stuff out." Twilight extends her hoof towards a small light blue saddle with a rim of puffy white fluff that extends around it, under the saddle sitting on the chair theres four small dark purple boots...but you drift your mind back to Twilight as she continues, "...Like we already talked about you don't have to come to it-..."

You shake your head as you walk over towards the table, "No, what we talked about was telling Princess Do Nothing that we weren't doing anything with the dumb things for awhile."

To your words Violet wiggles her front hooves happily until you and Twilight turn to her, as she stares between you two she holds a smile as her left ear and left hoof go through a motion.

"Violet, it's not nice to say dumb." Twilight turns her eyes to you as she continues, "And Daddy shouldn't teach you these things."

You give an innocent smile as you think to yourself, how the heck did she learn that word from only one try?!

But Twilight's stare-O-death ends fast as her horn sparks up to bring her own boots and saddle over to her, "And I already told you Celestia said they were fine..." A laugh comes from her as she brings her hoof up to you, "And believe me I made sure of it." Her extended hoof comes capped as the last boot magically comes over her hoof.

No reassurance comes from her words though as you look her over, but you're not able to really say much as she floats her saddle to you, "Care to help me out?"

You take the saddle from the magic as you hold it level to her side while her magic comes over it to bring it against herself. It only takes a moment for the saddle to come over her figure and you really don't see a point to her always needing help if she just does it with magic. But as she moves from your hoof she gives you a quick kiss.

Which for you brings a slight smile, but for her it brings an unexpected surprise as she wrinkles her nose and speaks up, "Ugh, maybe you should brush your teeth."

A slight chuckle comes from you as you nod your head, but her voice comes back as she trots towards the door, "Spike are you coming now?"

The purple dragon squints to the words before he rolls his eyes, "Depends, do I have to wait outside while you go over a check list?"

Twilight holds an unamused face as you and Spike give a slight laugh, but with a little groan her voice comes back to the room, "No."

Spike nods his head to the words as he stands from the table, "Then yes i’ll come now." He rolls his eyes as he move towards the door, “Might as well get the cold walk over with now.”

As he moves towards the door you hold your head to Violet as you wait for the door to open and close.

End of chapter 2