• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 791 Views, 19 Comments

Might Be... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 42. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
5
 19
 791

Chapter 1

Maybe until death I do

Chapter 1 – Might Be

It's been three months since Canterlot, three months since you took that plunge into something that’s completely different, something that means more. Well...it's been three months, truly you kind of knew nothing would really change seeing as how you've already been living together and you already have a foal. But even though change hasn't really come for Twilight's obsession to please Celestia or for your inability to accept it, change has come to the world around you.

You and Twilight no longer reside in your old room and have moved across the hall into Twilight's original room, which never really made much sense to you why Spike needed such a big bed anyways but Spike didn't complain seeing as how its a little warmer on the other side of the hall.

The new room you and Twilight reside in has come with a little switch off. You no longer get woken up by the sun too early, but you also no longer get a sun warmed bed in the morning... However not having the same pleasant warm early mornings does give the advantage of keeping Twilight in bed a little longer seeing as how her new goal in the morning is to steal any body heat from you. But it's not like you're complaining. It's just you now kind of regret wondering what winter would feel like on your coat, especially seeing as how pony weather just changes pretty much overnight.

The lavender mare that lays close up against you begins to stir a little and your thoughts start to drift away from your mind as you feel her slowly awaken.

Outside the cold winter moon is only barely in the sky, but it’s white glow that bounces from the snow that has piled up outside over night has giving the world a slightly brighter shine.

Still though even in the dim very early morning lighting Twilight’s purple highlights are visible to her mane, which helps you to trace her body’s outline to the room.

You stare to her with a slight smile as you move your front hooves around her from under the covers.

Which of course brings a slight annoyed whine from her as the definitely cooler air hits against her. Sure the air stings a bit to you as well but her cute noise doesn't really plead to stop as it allows her to further herself into you on her quest to rewarm herself using you.

“...Mhmm, how are you up?”

The groggy voice runs past your ears as you think the comment over with a smile, “Hard to sleep with hooves in my side.”

A slight giggle comes from the lavender mare, “Oh, and who's doing that?”
You let out your own light chuckle to her as you just enjoy holding the mare under the warm covers.

But as her voice ends her body slowly begins to turn in your grasp as you are forced to loosen it a little, her still sleepy eyes turn to meet you. As she looks to you an almost surprised face come to her as she speaks up, “You horrible.”

You blink to her comment as you put on a smile and begin to move a hoof to her messy uncombed mane as you start to slightly play in it, “You don’t.”

She rolls her eyes as she gives a little giggle, “I mean you look tired.”

You don’t react to her comment as you just shrug it off, you know that she’s aware of your lack of sleeping ability but you've started to grow a custom to lack of hours. Which probably isn't good but come on alien shape shifter fire bending librarian...when Twilight’s not able to scold you about it.

“You know, I did come across a sleep spell that's supposed to help a pony sleep.” A slight yawn comes from her as she forces her eyes to stay open, “...You want to give it a shot?”

It takes you a moment to speak up as you think over her offer, but you figure the worst thing is you just end up getting a headache...or turn pink, so there's really nothing to lose.

With a nod of the head Twilight’s eyes open a little bit more as her horn takes on a decently bright purple glow.

The low chime of magic starts to come over you and a nice warm feeling starts to embrace your body as her horn’s glow holds to the room.

The spell feels a little weird to you but the nice warm feeling starts to embrace you a little more as you begin to give into your drooping eyes.

- - -

You have no idea how long it’s been but you start to awake as the sound of muffled bird chirps start to bring you to rise.

But the slow morning waking doesn't last long as you feel a hoof slightly pound against your chest softly. Your eyes open as you shift them to Twilight’s spot but you’re kind of surprised to see the empty spot beside you.

However you don't really stare to the room to long as you turn your gaze to the light purple alarm clock thats now dug her hoofs to your mound of fur that lays under the bed's covers.

The blue eyed filly holds a slight confused stare to your slow movements for a moment, but a slight smile comes to her as she looks over your still have sleepy eyed stare. Her front hooves continue to poke at you for a moment before she sits her flank to the bed beside you.

Violet hasn't really gotten any bigger over the last few months but you have noticed her personality coming out a little more along with Twilight's own questioning attitude. Which is not a bad thing, except its now almost impossible for her to keep her hooves away from things, or to stay inside...but you think that just comes from the fact its been snowing outside.

"...Hey sweetie..." You move your front hooves a little from the covers as you feel the cool crisp air from the room starting to hit you.

But to your words Violet scrunches her nose up a little as she brings her hooves to speak up, you blink to the motions for a second as your morning brain slowly starts to place the filly’s movements.

As it does you get a slight smile as you set your head up, "Oh ya? And did somepony brush her teeth already?"

A nod of the head comes over the filly as she watches you beginning to move a little more from the bed. You squint to her smile as you look over her perfectly combed mane that Twilight has brushed to resemble her own, "Did Mommy get you ready?"

Another nod of the head comes from her as she holds her spot on the bed, but a new smile comes to you as you move your hoof to her Twilight mane and begin to mess it up until it falls to its normal style.

A slight wheezing laugh comes from Violet as you continue to playfully tussle her mane, but she stops her unique giggle as you lean your head a little closer, "Now remember if Mommy ask why your mane is messed up its because you were doing a spell."

Violet holds a playful smile to her normal mane style as she ignores your words and begins to mess it up to her own liking.

You move your eyes to her bow as you look it over, Twilight usually ties it to tight but today it looks fine. As you make your last check mark to your own mind list you start to move from the bed as you plant your hooves to the cold wood floor.

Your body has still yet to fully come back to normal from your encounter with the Element's of Harmony, and you doubt it ever will. although a slightly slower morning is fine seeing as how you're able to hold a few spells without things bursting to flames or getting a headache.

It takes you a few seconds to stretch your legs out as you look over the room, but as you do this your eyes meet a small circular white-gold ring that sits to the wood dresser that stands near the door. You roll your eyes to the horn ban as you stand from the bed, so much for that thing being special...

You hold your eyes to the horn ban as you move a little over towards it, but you push your thoughts about it aside as you move your eyes to set on the dark blue chest that sits against the dresser. Twilight's old room is still kinda new to you seeing as how you two decided to move into it only a few weeks ago, and for some reason you have found the small box interesting.

The top of the box glows a faint purple as you open it, but your eyes don't really show you anything you haven't already seen...However a smile comes over you as you float a blue rattle from the box and begin to turn it back to the little filly that has moved to the edge of the bed to watch you.

You hover the rattle towards her as speak up in a slightly too excited voice, "Look Violet, you remember this?"

The filly blinks to the rattle as she turns her confused stare to you.

From her stare you lose a little bit of your fatherly excitement as you speak up, "What ten months old and you're too big for a rattle?"

A wide smile comes over the little filly’s face as her hooves speak up.

You think over her motion for a moment before you float the rattle back towards the chest, "Big filly huh?" You look back to the box as you move the blankets from Violet's old crib aside, but you stop your motion for a second as you blink to a small grey stuffed pony looking thing with blue and white poke-a-dot pants. You move your hoof to it as you hold your confusion, "Why does this have pants?"

But as you bring the weird button eyed doll from the chest Violet's face turns to a baby like O face as she stares to the toy.

You shift your head back to her as you think to yourself, why would Twilight not give Violet this doll? You move your eyes back to it as you study it. There's no way its new seeing as how one of the button eyes is basically falling off. You move your gaze back to Violet as you get a little smirk, "Big filly huh?"

The doll gets a light purple glow as you watch it trace through the air towards Violet, but it's quickly grabbed from your magical grasp as Violet's blue hold comes over it.

You hold a smile to her face as you talk, " Ten months is too old to-..." Your words are cut off as Violet's horn sparks back up with a bright blue glow as she teleports herself to the threshold of the door. The sound of her hooves clapping against the wood comes back fast as you watch the light purple filly quickly darting towards the stairs with the doll floating next to her.

You follow after the smiling filly as you close the chest with a mental note to come back and make the bed latter.

End of chapter 1