• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 791 Views, 19 Comments

Might Be... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 42. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
5
 19
 791

Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Play or hay?

You hold your gaze to the filly for a few moments as she gets closer to the group of foals, but your gaze of her is slightly cut off as a stallion's voice breaks your sight. "Hey."

A face to the familiar voice comes fast as the dark orange pegasus stallion trots beside you, really you're not too surprised to see this stallion seeing as how since Stony's little bunny problem it seems you keep bumping into this stallion and the colt that usually is accompanying him. Most of your meetings are fast are really nothing more than a nod but you put a friendly smile on as you nod your head to him, "Hi Volt."

The stallion holds his smile as he continues, "So how you been?"

You start to give into the small talk as you hold a thought that you still haven't gotten use to saying, "I'm good, I got married a few months ago...."

- - -

Your gaze of the filly comes back for just a moment as you shift from the stallion to the filly, but to Violet weather or not you're watching has not stopped her trot as she nears the group in front of her.

The slightly high pitched filly's voices come to her as the small circular group gives a slight giggle to one of the filly's words. But as Violet gets closer the groups attention shift to the new foal.

Every pony in the group is about the same age as her but most of the ponies are unfamiliar to Violet as she stops her trot to there shifted gaze.

"Hey, don't I know you?" The pink filly wearing bright white boots that match her cyan cap and saddle squints her eyes to the light purple filly as she pauses.

But her voice doesn't come back up as a light yellow filly with rose mane nods her head, "Hey ya, shes that weird pony that never came back to preschool."

Violet's hooves are motionless as she blinks to the growing mutters of the small group, but the slightly annoying voice of the pink filly comes up as she gives a slight laugh, "What happened, did your Mommy take you out cause your con-tay-gis."

The filly struggles with the words for a moment before another pony speaks up for her, "Ya, she's contagious!"

Another slight giggle comes from the fillies as they playfully jump back from Violet as their voices come back simultaneously, "EWWW."

The group's annoying banter of laughs comes back as Violet's ears droop down a little, "Why don't you go and play with the colts, weirdy." The pink filly holds her hoof as she holds a rude scoffing stare.

Violet turns her eyes to another group of small foals as she holds her head down a little sad from the filly's playful laughing. But she doesn't let her emotions spark up as she holds Twilight's comment to her.

Instead the light purple filly moves away from the group as she turns her sight to the other group, but even though she moves away from the group the pink filly's annoying voice comes back in a slight eek as she jumps away from Violet, "UgH, don't walk so close." Another giggle comes from the ponies as Violet's pace comes a little faster.

Her head hangs low and her ears lay down but the filly doesn't think to turn back to where you and Volt are still talking as she pushes herself towards the other group.

Your small talk with the stallion starts to come to an end with a friendly laugh from the stallion as he looks around for a moment, "So where's Violet?"

You motion with your hoof to the group of fillies that you saw her walking towards, but as you do this you notice the light purple filly not there. A slight bit of panic hits you but, your eyes quickly bring her in sight as you watch her slower paced trot towards another group.

A slight laugh comes from Volt as he notices the light purple filly, he nudges you a little as he holds the friendly smile, "Your filly doesn't really seem to like other fillies too much huh?"

You give a simple response as you watch Violet, but your again brought back to the stallion's voice as he starts to talk, "Ya, my oldest didn't really like playing with other fillies ." Another laugh comes from him as he continues, "Nothing to worry about till they get older right?"

Volt's voice doesn't really come to slow down as you slowly start to realize that this stallion is going to continue, you move your sight back to the stallion as you listen to him, but you move your eyes back and forth as you glance to Violet, you're too far to hear anything but you still slightly hold a slight uneasy feeling as you continue your shifting eyes.

- - -

Violet's trot has brought her to the small group of colts that are near that back of the crowds, unlike the filly's group this one is a little bit smaller and a little more spaced out. Although as her trot brings her to the group the colt's eyes shift to her just like the other group.

To their shift Violet slightly averts her eyes but she still holds her own confusion, the light blue unicorn colt across from her with short blue mane that kind of matches his own winter clothes speaks up in a slightly squeaky voice as he realizes the filly's trot stopping near the group, "Hey, no girls-..."

The colt's voice is cut off as Violet's ears bring a familiar voice to her, "Aw come on, Viowit is fun."

The stuffy nosed voice brings Violet's head back up as she looks over the three colts around her, but she moves her eyes to the familiar light orange coated colt that sits on a small cloud that hovers above the ground.

To the orange colt's words the blue colt gives an annoyed sigh, "Sparky, with four ponies we have an odd number, how can we have play hide and seek with an odd number hmm?"

Violet squints to the comment as she looks over the blue colt's confident stance despite his incorrect words.

"We could pway a different game." The light orange pegasus gives a sheepish smile as he looks to the blue colt.

"A different game?" The colt repeats the words almost as if it was a different language, but he rolls his eyes as he looks back to the light purple filly in front of him, "...Fine."

Sparky gets a slight smile as he turns to Violet, "Did you want to pway Viowit?"

The light purple filly gives a smile as she nods her head.

"Alright, but if she starts crying like a little filly, then she’s out." The blue colt puffs his chest out a little as he tries to hold his squeaky voice to a deeper tone.

As the colt's voice dies down Sparky shifts his posture up a little bit as he moves on his small cloud that only hangs a little above the ground, "That's Bell...."

The name causes the blue colt's ear to flick as he cuts the orange pegasus off, "Its Bell, not Bell." There's really no different to the name except the blue colt's voice takes on a slightly deeper tone.

Violet's hooves stay to the ground as the pegasus's voice comes back up, "And that's Futty."

Violet's gaze turns to the slightly rounder looking tan coat colored earth colt that stands next to her, the colt hasn't really taken part in the conversation as he continues to look around the crowds, but his voice comes back as he turns his head to the group, "I heard there's going to be cake after the thingy."

Sparky squints to the comment as he slowly lowers his extended hoof, "O...k?" But his normal excited stuffy nosed voice comes back as he moves his hoof back to Violet, "And this is Viowit."

Futty waves his hoof as he goes back to look around, Bell takes a few seconds to look over the filly before he speaks backup, "Hi...." He turns back to Sparky as he continues, "Alright now what are we going to do?"

end of chapter 5