• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 792 Views, 19 Comments

Might Be... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 42. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
5
 19
 792

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – A wonderland

Your walk through Ponyville’s main street has started to come to its end as you near the center of town where most of the other ponies around you seem to be going. The scene around you is cheerful as you and Violet walk past or trail near other stallions, mares and foals that all just seem to be enjoying the cool winter day.

You on the other hand don't really share the same smile as you realize that not going back upstairs for something to wear was probably a mistake. But you hold the thought off as you take note to the festive area you walk in to.

The center of Ponyville has almost been transformed from the world around it, the main street and outer areas of Ponyville’s center are littered with fresh white snow covered roofs and thick deep piles of pushed snow off to the sides. But around here the flat grass and dirt of the town is almost empty of snow and the clouds above it only lightly trickle down the frozen rain.

Really you shouldn't be too surprised by the town's ability at creating festive areas, seeing as how all of the clouds are controlled by pegasus and the town has mainly grass and dirt instead of stone for its paths and roads. However the winter made wonderland brings a slight smile to your face as you look around to all the ponies wearing colorful and warm fitted saddles, boots, scarves or winter hats...dammit I should have gone back upstairs.

You hold the thought as you sigh with another cold brush of air hitting against you, even though Ponyville is not Canterlot the buildings around you still give a different speed to the gust of cold wind that run through them.

But your mind is cut from the world around you as you turn to a familiar voice coming closer to you, "There you two are."

Violet's own stare to the world comes to its end as you both turn to the lavender mare that trots over to you, "Hi Twilight."

Your greeting slightly goes unnoticed as she looks you over, "Aren't you cold?"

With a shake of the head you straighten your stance as you answer, "Nope."

Twilight's eyes slightly roll to the comment as she turns her attention back to the light purple filly, "You don't look cold at all though do you?" Her slightly playful baby like voice sparks a happy response from the filly as she shakes her head to agree.

The lavender mare holds her smile as she shifts her head back to you, but her voice comes back a little more serious as she motions her hoof, "Now I've found a spot that's far enough away from the stage that way you can't be affected by the magic."

You blink to her words as she motions you to follow after her a little, "I thought Celestia said there's no problems with the elements?"

She's quick to answer as she holds her confident tone as you and Violet follow after her, "There's not, I just don't think you should be around that kind of magic."

Don't think I should be around that kind of magic? You mow over her words for a second as you give a little chuckle to them, and how does living in the same house with them not affect me? But you bite your tongue to the comment as you smile, "I think i'll be fine Twilight."

"No buts." She turns a sharp eye to you but it quickly softens as she smiles, "I don't want to worry about you."

You nod your head as she finishes, "Alright."

"Good." Her eyes go back to the stage like steps of the town hall building as she continues, "Now if you feel any kind of...weirdness or magic you just go home ok?" Her head comes back to you as she impatiently waits for a response.

You give a slight chuckle as you nod your head, "And you had better to the same, or there's going to be a new sun god when i'm done with Celestia."

A slight giggle comes from Twilight as she looks you over, but you squint your eyes to her response as you think. Hows that funny? My track record has already made me two and O for kings or queens. With that thought however you give a slight chuckle as you reluctantly watch Twilight starting to move away from you.

But her change in direction only brings her to the light purple filly next to you as her hoof comes to point, "Violet, I saw a few other fillies your age over there if you want to go and meet any new pony." An encouraging smile comes from the lavender mare as Violet turns her blue eyes to the direction of the mare's hoof.

Although Twilight's voice doesn't stop as she continues, "Daddy will be right here ok?" Her smile stays as she gives a playfully but stern stare, "Just play nice Violet."

You move from their conversation as you look towards the direction of Twilight's hoof. Its at this point you realize that not really to many other ponies are this far back from the town hall building, and the ones that are look to be younger ponies and foals seeing as how they would probably less likely care about what's going on.

But you snap back from your stare as Twilight's voice comes back to you, "Ok, i'll be back here once we finish." A wide smile comes over her face and her usually determined and sure eyes comes to her as she turns back and begins to make her way through the crowd.

Violet doesn't share your reluctance of Twilight's leaving as she starts to happily move towards the group of fillies that's a few fast hooves away.

However the light purple filly's path is cut off as a slightly taller white and orange foal comes in front of her, "HeY!"

Your gaze of the lavender mare is cut off as you blink to the high pitched squeal, mother of g-.., you quickly turn to the cause of the noise. As you do you look over the white and orange filly with no trouble placing them, "Hi Sweetie, hi-..."

"Ya ya ya, hey and all that, you want to come crusading with us?!" Scootaloo's voice cuts you off as she bends her front hoof forward to take up a slight lunging stance.

But you're unable to answer as the white filly gives a loud, "Awww...You look so cute..." The filly's green eyes pin to Violet as her voice continues, "I remember when I-..." The filly's words are brought to a halt as Scootaloo turns a question and confused eye to her friend.

Violet's height is not quite yet to Sweetie or Scootaloo's and her mane and tail don't really have the same length, body wise. But as you look between the three ponies you truly realize how big the filly has gotten seeing as how it’s rare to see Sweetie standing near Violet.

"So you wanna come? Applebloom is home with a cold and we were going to go snow sledding." A wide and excited smile comes over her face as she waits for an answer.

"Sledding?"

Sweetie and Scootaloo both nod there fuzzy winter capped head as they hold a smile.

You have no idea why or how they think that's going to get a cutie mark, but at the same time you can't believe you haven't gotten your own from everything you've done. You shake the thought as you nod your head to Violet as you talk, "Sorry, not today."

Scootaloo nods her head as she says goodbye to you two and starts to trot away, Sweetie on the other hoof smiles to the little filly as her slightly squeaky voice comes back to her, "We would invite you Violet but I think you're too young to try and get a cutie mark."

Violet blinks to the words as her hooves deny the comment with her own.

But the white filly doesn't understand the gesture as she happily looks between you two and says goodbye.

As the two fillies start to gallop away Violet's gaze comes back to her cut off path as she starts to bring her trot back up.

You follow the filly with your eyes as she starts her slight journey over towards the group of foals her own age.

End of chapter 4