• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 1,503 Views, 73 Comments

YogLabs: Quest for the Golden Horseshoe - Prisoner 24601



Stuck in Equestria, with two of their friends dead, Simon, Sjin, and Jesse Cox venture into the wilderness to find the mythical Golden Horseshoe. [Sequel to YogLabs: Dimensional Portal]

  • ...
5
 73
 1,503

Chapter 13

Author's Note:

Oh yeah... This thing exists

The Mane six and the CMC were packing up what things they had brought with them when it all happened.

There was a shout from one of the watchmen directed at Jesse and Sjin: "Sirs! We have company!"

Everyone and everypony jumped to attention. They didn't know who it was, but they all went to the wall to see.

All they saw was a silhouette of a human. One of average height, but stocky and chubby build. He stood alone it would see, and he walked slow toward the camp. But nobody could make out anything. Suddenly, the shadow morphed into two. A human, and a pony, it's wings spread wide. They both slowly approached. Before anypony knew it, they were at the gate, still shrouded by the sun setting behind them.

Jesse and Sjin were at the gate awaiting them. "Open it." Jesse ordered calmly.

The gates slowly moved apart. On the other side, the two figures finally came into clear view. The pony was one nobody recognized. He had a brown coat and wide, majestic wings. His face was hardened, emotionless. He was unknown here. But the other? He was known better than anyone else in the camp.

He was a man. He had a head of ginger hair, and a light neck beard. His glasses were fogged, dented, and beaten up. His blue hoodie was stained with mud, and he himself seemed to give off an aura of exhaustion. But when every face turned on him, they all erupted into excited smiles and gasps.

Simon was back.

Sjin was shocked by his arrival. "Simon?" He asked. Simon simply nodded, and the crowd gathered at the gate erupted into cheers. The nine ponies previously packing now all crowded around the big guy. Rainbow and Pinkie were hugging him hard, nothing new for Pinkie, but completely odd for Rainbow Dash. Apple Bloom, Sweetie, and Scootaloo grasped on hard to his legs, and the other four weren't hugging him, but were standing close by.

Simon gestured towards the crowd to Archaenon, imploring him to talk to his son. Archaenon nodded, and approached the man who could help him find him. Sjin looked down at the Pegasus, who said, "Are you Sjin? Leader of this army?"

"Yes. You are?"

"They call me Archaenon. Come with me. I need your help finding someone."

With that, Archaenon and Sjin departed towards the mountain alone. Simon talked with his friends.

"We're so happy to see you!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"Aw, thanks Apple Bloom." Simon said, maneuvering through the hugs to pat her little head.

"What happened, Simey?" Pinkie asked, unlatching herself from his arm.

"Well, it's a long story. I'd rather talk about it somewhere else."

"Well, it's not like we're in a hurry." Rainbow said, doing the same as Pinkie. "Come on! We all have a tent. What better place to discuss this?"

"True, Rainbow." Simon replied, "Lead the way."

They all went into the Mane 6's tent, the Cutie Mark Crusaders still holding on to Simon's legs.

Simon pried the fillies off and sat down on one of the nine beds in the tent, all of the ponies looking at him intently. "So?" Rarity asked, "What ever happened, Simon?"

"Well," Simon began, "It all started when Apple Bloom came to talk to me a few weeks ago."

"Apple Bloom?!" Scootaloo shouted, "You did this?"

"Hold it, Scootaloo," Simon said, patting the orange Filly on the head. "Apple Bloom only voiced her concerns about how much Lewis temporarily killing me affected all of you. But it got me thinking. I realized that since that... incident... I had changed. And not for the better. I was faced with an army, and was turned into someone I wasn't. I wasn't a general. I wasn't a hero. I'm just a chubby man from London. So I ran away, only trying to help you."

"But Simon, don't you see?" Rainbow blurted, "You running away hurt us more than any wound you could take, or any man you could become."

"Do you really care about me that much?" Simon asked, still skeptical.

"Of course!" Applejack said, "Why, you came to us, and you did everything you could to make us happier! You even worked for the Apple Family for a few months! If that don't mean something, I don't know what does."

"Applejack's right, Simon." Twilight added, "Why, you helped each and every one of us in our own ways! You helped me quench my thirst for knowledge by telling me about your odd world."

Rarity snowballed, "You helped be design a new line of 'Human Clothing'. That boosted my sales fifteenfold! Which is odd, because it's physically impossible for anypony to wear it!"

Then it was Fluttershy's turn, "You helped me round up my chickens when they escaped into the Everfree Forest."

It then went on to Pinkie Pie, "You helped me create Jaffa Cakes, the single most delicious, mouth-wateringly tasty treats on the planet!!"

Then Rainbow Dash, "Hey, you even saved my life when the goon left me for dead!"

Scootaloo was next, "You helped me learn to fly! I still can't yet, but..." She struggled with her flapping wings, and managed a good three inches of a hover. She then dropped with a thud, "I'm getting better!"

And Sweetie Belle, "You helped me and the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders by giving us hundreds of new ways of finding our Cutie Marks! None of them have worked yet, but we still have about 180 to go..."

And finally, Apple Bloom, who said, "And you helped me realize that a friend can come in any size, shape, or form..."

Simon sat, dumbfounded for a few moments. Finally saying, "Wow, guys.... I never realized how much I actually did! But let's not forget how you guys have helped me. Twilight, you taught me the basic do's and don'ts about Equestria. Rarity, you helped me look better than I ever have in my life! Fluttershy, you taught me how to be kinder than I ever have been. Pinkie, why, you did so many things for me! You gave me Jaffa Cakes when I was certain I'd never see them again, you gave me this nifty little contraption," He said pulling out his pocket universe, "And you gave me probably the most relatable friend left in this world: yourself." Pinkie smiled shyly at that, "Rainbow Dash, you taught me how to be even more outstandingly awesome than I already am, which is a tough feat, I may add. Scootaloo, you taught me probably the most important lesson: Never run to keep up with a scooter." There were chuckles from everyone at that, "Sweetie Belle, you gave me honorary membership into the Cutie Mark Crusaders! I still have that 'cape' you gave me." Simon pulled something that looked like a handkerchief from his pocket, and unraveled it, revealing the golden pony on a blue background. "And Apple Bloom, you gave me the best little friend I've had in too long." He patted her on the head.

And then everyone gathered around for one, big, hug of friends that would never truly be apart, and who's friendship would stand the test of time for generations to come.