• Published 3rd Aug 2013
  • 1,980 Views, 106 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 18: The Mystery of Colgate - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor must solve the secret behind a mysterious mare named Colgate if he wishes to save her from an ancient creature, as well as save Twilight and Pinkie Pie from the past.

  • ...
6
 106
 1,980

Prologue: Visitor for the Doctor

Doctor Whooves: Episode 18

The Mystery of Colgate

Prologue: Visitor for the Doctor

Home of Twilight Sparkle, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

Twilight was the first to step through the TARDIS doors. As she looked around at the books on the shelves, she felt a wonderful warmth spread throughout her body. "It sure feels good to be home," she sighed as she walked over to a nearby sofa and sat down. After spending so much time hopping around through time, space, and alternate dimensions she was ready for a long rest.

The Doctor and Derpy happily exited TARDIS after her and Donna was not too far behind. "Are you sure that you've taken us to the right place, Doctor?" asked Donna with a raised eyebrow.

The Doctor pointed at a nearby calendar hanging from the wall. "Right location. Right year. Right month. It's been a week since Twilight, Derpy, and I headed out but that's not too shabby, if I do say so myself," the Doctor stated with a grin.

"Better one week than five months," chuckled Twilight.

"Can we please put that behind us, Ms. Sparkle?"

Twilight and Derpy laughed while Donna took a quick look at the library. "So this is where you live, Twilight?" she asked.

"Yeah," Twilight replied.

"It's a nice place. Lots of books. Perfect for you, I say."

"Of course."

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps could be heard from upstairs. The four travelers looked to see none other than Spike the dragon running down the steps towards them. "Twilight! Doctor! Derpy! You're back!" he exclaimed. Twilight stood up and gave her assistant a big hug. "Can you warn me next time you decide to hop off into another adventure through space and time?!"

"Sorry, Spike. I guess spontaneous adventures are starting to become a bad habit of mine," Twilight said apologetically.

Spike turned towards the Doctor and smirked. "I think you're becoming a bad influence on her."

"Possibly. I tend to have odd effects on my travelers," the Doctor stated.

"That's an understatement," said Donna.

Spike turned his attention to Donna and froze. "Wha?! A human?! Who? Why? Huh?!" Spike gasped.

"So you're Spike." Donna knelt down and extended one of her hands forward. "Name's Donna Noble. Pleasure to meet ya. Twilight's told me plenty about you."

Spike awkwardly shook Donna's hand with one of his claws. "Wait a second. Donna Noble? Why does that name sound familiar?"

"Well the Doctor has mentioned her a few times to you and the others," replied Derpy with a cheeky grin.

"Oh, right! I remember now! Didn't you lose your memory and couldn't get it back due to the risk of having your head explode or something?"

"Yeah. Twilight fixed it," Donna stated.

"It's a long story," said Twilight.

"One that will have to wait!" Spike said quickly as he ran to a nearby bookshelf and grabbed one of the books. "Because there's two things I need to tell you."

"What things?" Derpy asked.

"One, I found you guys in a book." Spike opened the book up to a page that was taken up entirely by the picture of an old painting. The painting depicted an army of ponies and an army of changelings clashing over Canterlot. The Doctor was also able to notice that a battle ready Celestia, the TARDIS, himself, Twilight, Derpy, and Donna were also featured in the painting.

"Somepony painted us?!" asked an ecstatic Derpy.

"That tends to happen when you travel through time and save a lot of people," said Donna.

"That's...another long story," Twilight said as she turned towards Spike and blushed a bit.

"We'll be happy to tell you!" said Derpy.

"Wait a moment," said the Doctor. "Spike, you said that you had two things to tell us. What's the second piece of news?"

"Somepony new is in town and they dropped by here earlier searching for you, Doctor," Spike replied.

"Somepony came in search of the Doctor?" Twilight asked. "Who was it?"

"She said her name was Colgate."

"Did she say what she needed from me?" the Doctor asked.

"No. She just said that she really needed your help," Spike replied. "Of course, you weren't here at the time so I told her that I didn't know when you'd be back."

"Where is she now?"

"She said that she was going to stay in the Hay and Stay Hotel. She's really anxious to see you."

"Hmm...curious. Well, I best be off then."

"We'll come with you, Doctor," said Derpy.

"No, you stay here, Derpy. Twilight too," said the Doctor. "You two deserve a little bit of time dedicated to resting. Besides, I think Spike has earned an explanation of our recent travels."

"Then I'll come with you," said Donna as she approached the Doctor. "I'm interesting in seeing modern day, peaceful Ponyville. I'll come with you to meet this Colgate...wait a minute...Colgate?!"

"What's wrong with Colgate?" asked Twilight.

Donna rubbed her temple and sighed. "If this pony doesn't turn out to be a dentist, I'm going to seriously question the fact as to why a pony has the same name as a toothpaste brand."

Twilight, Derpy, and Spike shared confused expressions. "Come along then, Donna. Let's go meet my unexpected visitor before we get trapped in a filler conversation about toothpaste. Trust me. Been there, done that," said the Doctor as he grabbed Donna's arm and pulled her towards the door.

"So what did you guys do?" Spike asked Twilight and Derpy as the Doctor and Donna made their way outside.

"Oh gosh, where do we start?" Twilight asked in response.

"BronyCon of course!" Derpy exclaimed.

"What the hay is BronyCon?" Spike asked as the Doctor and Donna exited the library.

Hay and Stay Hotel, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

Colgate sat on her hotel bed and stared at the wall. The air in her room was extremely cold and there was hardly a sound to be heard. She wished the heater of the hotel would be fixed at a faster rate but, on the other hoof, she was glad that it was silent. Silence was her friend now. This allowed her to focus and listen with no fear of distractions. She could listen and see whether it had caught up to her yet. She had been running for so long. She had been afraid and confused for so long. She desired answers. She wanted to know the truth behind the stalker she could not see. Colgate looked around the room and shivered vigorously from the cold conditions of the hotel. With haste, she grabbed a nearby jacket and put it on. It didn't make her stop feeling completely cold but it did make her feel a bit more comfortable.

Just then, the sound of creaking floorboards could be heard from the outside hallway. Colgate tensed up as she listened carefully. She knew what she was hearing was the sound of hoofsteps...but not the kind of hoofsteps one would hear from an ordinary pony. These hoofsteps sounded heavy and blunt. She had heard these hoofsteps all too many times. It was here and it was looking for her. "Don't find me. Don't find me. Go away. Go away," Colgate whispered under her breath as the hoofsteps drew closer and closer to her door. She wished that somepony else would walk down the hallway, for it was whenever somepony else was around her that Colgate felt safe. Her stalker could never reach her when she wasn't alone, for some reason. Colgate's ears stood up as the hoofsteps came to a stop in front of her hotel door.

Colgate froze. She didn't make a sound nor did she move a muscle. All she did was sit on the edge of her bed and wait. The hoofsteps didn't pick up again. She knew it was standing outside her door. Whether it could tell she was in there, she could not tell. Then, after a grueling few minutes of painful silence, three heavy knocks emanated from the door.

"Hello again, Colgate," said the voice it its usual calm and somewhat parental way. Colgate jumped up from her bed and backed up towards the window. "How long are we to play this game, child?"

"What do you want from me?!" Colgate asked. "Why are you doing this to me?!"

"I only wish to be with you. Is that too much to ask?"

"Why me?! WHY ME?!"

"You will only understand...if you come with me."

"Why would I come with you?! You've killed so many ponies to get to me!"

"The universe is a dangerous place, child. It is my obligation to keep you safe from said dangers."

"No! You're just a monster! You're the reason why I'm cursed!"

"Your gift...was not brought upon you by intentional means."

"This isn't a gift! It's a curse! A terrible, terrible curse! And you're a liar as well as a monster! Just leave me alone! I'm done dealing with you!"

"But I will never be done longing to be with you, dear child."

Colgate couldn't listen to this anymore. She had to escape her stalker. She quickly proceeded to open the back window of the hotel room. The light snowfall from outside began to pour into the room as Colgate hastily jumped through the threshold. She could still hear her stalker calling for her as she made her way towards the heart of the snow-covered Ponyville.