• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 2,853 Views, 102 Comments

To be a Wonderbolt - Diablomuerte2



Rainbow Dash's dream comes true it must be great right?

  • ...
10
 102
 2,853

Rainbow Dash vs Discord: Pegasus vs Draconquus.

Rainbow Dash vs Discord

Rainbow Dash was plummeting to the ground with a filly wrapped in her wings, Her resolve strong but her body lost of all strength. She pushed her body to the limit and her only regret was she was going to die in a frou frou outfit. The filly in her wings would survive the impact as Rainbow Dash was going to absorb it through her body and keep filly safe. The filly now desperately crying "Momma, momma, please fly momma." futile cries as Rainbow Dash starts losing consciousness.

"Scootaloo... no matter what just know I love you... and I am sorry I failed... I need you to send a message to Canterlot... Tell them I..." she never got to finish her statement as she lost all consciousness at that moment. Fluttershy no...

____________________________________________________________

Flashback

Rainbow Dash was approaching Cloudsdale using the last of her reserves to get onto a cloud. her body was slow moving but she trudged on walking at snails pace to get to the a good vantage point to do her ridiculous stunt to help Rarity's business grow. The things I do for friends... while she eyed the area of her attack against her coolness she remembered Scootaloo could be kidnap- adopted... first.

She surveyed the area dead on her feet as she slowly moved along. Her body was shooting fire throughout her system or at least that is what it felt like. She strained and pulled things that weren't meant to be strained. She was determined or very stupid, either or she was heading to an orphanage and wasn't going to let her body stop her. Stupid body come on you can do this. I am Rainbow Bucking Dash the ultimate in cool and the Element of Loyalty. Move it. Her body ignored her commands as it needed rest. The mind and body fighting one another. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and pain all telling being ignored by the mind that was set on one thing. Fluttershy... no... not just her it is my future, my friends, my family.. my happiness. I deserve to be happy. I want this more than anything I will have it. I won't die and my body isn't my cage it is my vehicle. Now move

The in her eyes caused a chain reaction, her body now ignoring it's own safety continued to propel itself forward as speed picked up. "Yes... " She softly cheered as she started moving faster and actually flying through the town of Cloudsdale. Her wings were sore and beat up from abuse. It wanted to stop moving but it was not in control it was going to need severe preening and recovery.

Her arrival immediately brought smiles to the foals who were surprised they were being visited by the famous Wonderbolt. all the foals were over joyed but the mares and stallions that worked there were worried. Rainbow's condition didn't look good. She was sore all over and her body showed great signs of fatigue. The staff immediately aided her and she reluctantly allowed them to. she scanned the area for scootaloo. She wanted to grab her and make a run for it and properly adopt her afterwards. She wasn't in the whole signing mood. She figured her body would give out within the hour and wanted to make the most of it. Then she realized something that her mind was ignoring because of her task at hand. I am doing it all over again. I am ignoring the pleas of those around me for an impossible task I hope to achieve. What is the purpose of adopting Scootaloo if I am just going to die anyways? I need to take care of myself. I feel fine now though. just going to keep nibbling on this delicious meal. The delicious meal her mouth was chewing wasn't really delicious at all but in her semi delirious state it was at least something.

They brought her some water and a salad. It was some stallions dinner but he felt it would help the tired mare out more. Rainbow Dash felt way better but it wasn't because she had rapid recovery powers it was because she was shut off from all pain receptors in delirium. " Hey every pony I am looking for an orange filly with purple hair named Scootaloo. Have you seen her?" She said tiredly.

A filly of that description tenderly nuzzled the cyan mare after appearing from the crowd "Dash... I knew you would come for me. I just knew you still cared. You came back once and took me flying. Then the storm hit... I was being brave you like you taught me. I was trying my hardest to help everyone... I couldn't save everyone Dash... I couldn't save them... I was too weak. I was too puny to do anything. I wasn't you." She started with tears remembering the day of the storm.

Rainbow Dash grabbed her into a hug with her forelegs and shushed her "Listen to me kiddo. You are better than me. You knew you had no way of being useful and you managed to do it anyways. You saved lives Scootaloo. The town misses you and I am here to bring you with me. Because... I want you in my life squirt. I want to raise you and teach you to fly like I promised. I know I have a lot to make up for. But if you are willing to have me as your mother I will be glad to adopt you scootaloo." She said while grinning madly.

Scootaloo was shocked. She looked up to Dash and saw her as an idol. They became honorary sisters and now that her foster parents were gone she was going to be her mom? This was a dream. A cruel dream it had to be. She did the only thing a dreaming girl would do. She punched Rainbow Dash in the face to see if she was real.

Rainbow Dash recoiled from the punch and gasps were heard. "Geeze kid a simple no would have done it. Well I guess I will just visi-"She was cut off from speaking by a death grip hug. "The hay?"

Scootaloo was crying "You are real this isn't a dream. You are going to be my mom? This is too good to be true. Please tell me I am awake... some pony tell me this isn't a dream." She said wanting some kind of affirmation and she got it when the older pegasus leaned in and whispered into her ear.

"You know that time I found you in the woods and saved you and you were crying like a new born" which earned a blush from Scootaloo feeling the embarrassment of that day. The camping trip was one to be remembered after all it was how they got closer thanks to Luna.

Some of the staff were concerned with a celebrity like Rainbow Dash adopting Scootaloo since the magazines had all kinds of things on Rainbow Dash and not all of it was pleasant news. "I am sorry Rainbow Dash, I really am. But we can't just let anyone adopt a foal. I know you have money and you clearly seem to love her but with your current job and lack of a spouse I can't in good conscious allow you to adopt her." She said sadly.

Rainbow Dash ignored her and whispered into the little filly's ear "Listen kid I am going to make a huge distraction in the middle of town and you will use that opportunity to exit and when I see you I will scoop you up and we will go. Don't worry about me getting in trouble because as you know I am kind of hot stuff around here. Also if today goes well I will be getting you another mommy as well. Though I am not sure how ... anyways just wait till you hear me and ignore the outfit I will wear."

The dark orange filly pretended to be sad to hide the fact they were conspiring. She let go of Rainbow Dash and walked back to her room and looked out the window dejected while a staff mare was just watching her and tearing up at the sight. They had jobs to do it wasn't their fault the first pegasus to try and adopt the little filly was a colossal buck up. The staff sighed while looking at Scootaloo till she heard a loud voice yelling from outside.

Rainbow Dash had left the building and made her way near an alley to change into the frou frou dress that no doubt Rarity made. The dress wasn't made for flight or to be worn casually it looked pretty classy and expensive. She decided it was now or never and smiled as she used what last of energy she had, thinking she had much more and made it high into the sky before yelling loudly "Hey everyone.. I am Rainbow Dash, I am wearing this outfit and am officially endorsing it. The maker of this dress is named Rarity and she is a frou frou dress maker from Ponyville. You should buy her stuff because it's 20 percent cooler than any other dress maker's designs guaranteed." She shouted all this in one go and was happy with the crowd she had. It wasn't that big a crowd but it was enough for pictures to be taken and rumors to be spread.

She eyed the crowd and sure enough the orange filly was waving her arms but horror struck her the filly as she saw Rainbow suddenly plummet from her spot and not of her own accord. With panic set in motion she did the only thing she could think of she jumped off the cloud into the air and landed right next to Rainbow Dash who pulled her into a hug while free falling.

____________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash woke up. Except she wasn't on the ground and Scootaloo wasn't in her wing or forelegs. She was in the dark abyss, a sea of emptiness. "Great I am dead just before I could achieve my goal. " She muttered and started kicking the ground beneath her. The ground was oddly solid for an empty looking plain.

No signs of light but the place was visible, no signs of floors but the solid mass beneath her clearly was the bottom. She looked up and saw no light. "So what am I supposed to do here?" She asked no pony in particular since she was alone. Great not only am I dead but I am lone... seriously what a lame ending.

Suddenly a dark and yet familiar voice rung out "I think it's a fitting ending for some pony like you Rainbow Dash..." it spoke harshly and it wasn't relaxing the mood of the would be protagonist. "Since you decided to break Fluttershy's heart twice I decided before you die I would break your spirit. I expected you to make it to the endgame. Instead your 50 feet above the ground suspended in time as I bring you into my domain, welcome to chaos."

Rainbow Dash wasn't sure of what the hay was going on but sure remembered that the only friends an evil Draconquus has is a timid yellow mare. "You know where Fluttershy is Discord?" She asked while getting ready to charge. She wasn't in the mood for games about to die or not she wasn't going to let Fluttershy be in Discord's care. That freak was a problem and one that somehow earned redemption through friendship.

Discord made himself appear and right next to him was Fluttershy with empty eyes and no voice to talk. "She is right here Me and her have been getting along great without you. I have been..." He starts licking her cheek lewdly "taking good care of her." He was grinning madly as he saw Rainbow Dash react with anger.

Rainbow Dash's wings flared up in anger and her body was ready to move at burst speeds to kill. She darted right for Discord who just teleported himself and 'Fluttershy' away. Causing Rainbow to crash into an invisible barrier. "You get away from her you sick freak." She spat as she gained footing and turned her face to meet the despicable fiends.

"She doesn't belong to you Rainbow Dash, so why should I leave my good friend's side? Plus you are about to die so why do you care? It's not like you can take care of her when your body is going to go splat. I mean wouldn't it be more loving of you to want me to take ..." he leaned towards the timid mare's ear "Good..." His tongue started slinking towards it "Care of her..." his tongue traced her ear eliciting a tiny moan .

Rainbow Dash was red in the face from extreme anger and she managed to move faster than Discord could react and hit him with a force of a thousand suns, not literally but that is how it felt when she collided her hoof again the mad god of chaos. "I said stay away from her and I mean it." She said looking to the Canary mare who just melted into the ground as Discord laughed.

"I make ice cream look so delicious. You actually thought it was her. trust me she moans louder than that. I got a better idea. Instead of watching your 'lover' be molested by me I will instead let you have your final wish before you die. I will grant you the one thing you couldn't get in life. The evidence that your father not only loved you but that he was actually proud of you." He said while his body faded..

Rainbow Dash found herself in a living room on a couch tied down to it while Discord was wearing a tie and checkered shirt with glasses on sitting next to her. He had a projector on and attached it to Rainbow Dash's head so it could play a scene from her life. " Well let the show begin my dear enemy. I will let Fluttershy know I granted you a merciful death before I ravage her tonight." He said as he looked to the screen while Rainbow Dash was mind jacked and the projector flashed images to it.

____________________________________________________________

Flashback

Rainbow Dash was happier than anything could ever make her feel she had just performed the Sonic Rainboom. I have successfully defended my friend's honor and did something my father couldn't do. I can't wait to tell him. Where is Fluttershy? "Hey guys have you seen my friend? She asked the crowd of ponies once the commotion died down.

a light blue filly perked up and gave some grave news, "I think she fell off ... I saw her spinning fast and was about to slip but I was too excited about the race I kind of just took my eyes off her." She said as if it didn't matter. The canary mare was a pegasus in her mind and so she would be able to just fly if she fell no big deal.

Rainbow Dash didn't have that mind set and immediately pounced on the girl and pounded her face a couple of times before setting off to find Fluttershy. "She better be alive or you all will get it." She yelled to the excited and now scared foals of flight camp.

Down below Fluttershy was surrounded by animals and being snuggled by the, She was looking at the sky. "I hope Rainbow won the race and is alright.. that boom sound was loud. Hope she didn't get hurt." The animals were chattering and she was responding "I am ok little guy I can't just fly back up there. I am sure someone will get me." She lied knowing no one cared about her. But she was happy and if her life was spent down here till she died of eventual hunger or if she would forage or possibly find a town it didn't matter. She wasn't going to be missed.

Rainbow Dash was yelling as hard as she could for a little filly "Fluttershy.... Fluttershy..." While scanning the ground beneath for any sign of her friend. No that isn't right she isn't my friend. She is my best friend. I can't believe she might be dead. She moved fast not as fast as during the race but fast as she could under normal circumstances.

Fluttershy heard her name and was surprised "Hello... " When she heard her name the second time she knew who it was and smiled.I guess I am loved, how could I forget I am cared about.. she will always care about me. She told me so herself. I can't believe she came down for me such a good friend. I will give her extra snuggle time for that.

Rainbow Dash finally saw Fluttershy and had a look of horror next to her surrounding her were some kind of creaturs she never laid eyes on. She has only heard about ground dwellers but never has seen anything like them. "Get away from her you monsters." She roared and started charging at them

Fluttershy was afraid for the animals and tried yelling "Stop!" and then followed by an "Eep." before hiding in her bangs. She didn't know where that volume came from but it stopped Rainbow Dash in her tracks.

"Fluttershy what are you doing those creatures had you in their paws they might hurt you... wait ... is that a cutie mark?" She said admiring her friends flank , not in that way, well maybe a bit. She was grinning widely, "I have my cutie mark too. What does yours mean?" She asked while still looking at the animals keeping them at bay.

Fluttershy pawed at the ground and looked at her friend scared of how she would react to not being a flying cutie mark. "It means... I can communicate with animals.. " She said frowning and looking down at what she thought would be an immediate repulsion from her only friend.

"Cool, so we got our cutie marks. Lets head back so we can show them off. I can't wait to tell my dad I mean I pulled off the Sonic Rainboom. So let's go shy." Fluttershy didn't find out about the whole sonic rainboom till later since her mind wasn't on that it was focused on Rainbow coming down to get her and returning with her friend.

When they returned the instructors were livid with both of them. Needless to say parents were brought in and they were suspended from camp for a day. Fluttershy's parents took her away and were openly rude with her. Causing the cyan filly to be disgusted. One day I will take Fluttershy away and we will be happy. All thoughts of that vanished when her father appeared just as angry but since he was too cool for emotions he just called her over and brought her home.

That night they were talking and she explained how she got her cutie mark and her father looked unimpressed. "That's nice dear. Well congrats you got a cutie mark. Want a cookie?" Not the reaction she was hoping for she looked dejected and walked away "I don't want a stupid cookie this cutie mark isn't anything anyways compared to me getting into the Wonderbolts. You will be there right Dad? When I make my dream come true?" She was hoping for some kind of answer.

"I tell you what if you actually make it into the Wonderbolts send me a ticket and I will cheer for you before asking you to pay up for the cost of living." He finished with a wheezing laugh. His health was declining over the years. He destroyed his body trying to pull off the one maneuver his daughter was able to perform to earn that cutie mark of hers. He hid his pain by hurting his daughter slowly with lack of love and attention. I have to toughen her up if she is to survive this world without me. Her mother died giving birth to her and I am all she has left. I can't spare her feelings and let her get used to being loved by me. As cruel as this is it's just how it has to be. I will always love my daughter but she will never know. It's better this way she will be tough and will be able to handle all that life will throw at her. With her getting my genes and that rainbow mane she will need strength to survive in this world. Not everyone thinks highly of Rainbows.

"Hey dad will you be proud of me then? If you see me perform and I pay you the rent I owe?" She asked innocently not understanding her father's cruelty. He didn't answer just stayed silent as his body flared up. He hid his pain by hiding emotions and the ones he barely could show were love and admiration. "I am going to bed, earning my cutie mark and saving my friend from ground monsters is tiring." She said with a yawn. She headed up to her room and immediately got snuggled with that goal in mind. She was going to be a wonderbolt and make her dad proud. She fell asleep content with that in mind.

Her dad waited till she was out cold. Her loud snoring usually the sign of her in deep sleep. He was at her door way lightly coughing up blood knowing his time with his daughter was soon going to end. "I want to say this. Not because I think it's true one day but I know it's true today. I can't face you. You need to be strong so I can't be getting soft with you. I am sorry I was so cruel my little foal. I loved you more than anything in this world. With your mom dead and me dying I couldn't treat you like a normal parent would. I hid my love from you so you could grow strong without my emotions crippling you. I know you won't be able to see this or know this but. I hope one day my message will hit you. Rainbow Dash my greatest joy. I have always loved you, and you didn't need to do a Sonic Rainboom to make me proud. I was always proud of you. You are courageous strong and you fight for your friends. If you ever do make it into the Wonderbolts don't forget to send me a ticket. Though it will have to be placed on my grave... " He got close to his sleeping daughter and lightly kissed her forehead. "I am sorry I won't be there to see it live but I know whatever you do in life. I know you will do it with 100 percent of yourself. I am proud of you my little rainbow. I always will love you even when I am gone and you are alone, I will be there. I just hope you can hear me."

____________________________________________________________

Discord turned the projector off and wiped a fake tear from his eye. "Well now it's time to send you back to reality. Good bye Rainbow Dash and enjoy your death as I enjoy your mare." He said as the darkness faded and reality was there. Something happened in Rainbow Dash seeing that moment. Her life was coming to an end but something was changing inside of her.

Her body started glowing and before she hit the ground a loud boom was heard and the world shattered.... Legends begin with a bang and end with one too. This journey is soon over and in the end the Goddess of the Sky or the Mad God of Chaos will be the one in the end standing.....