• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 485 Views, 8 Comments

The Tales Of Flash Fire : Chrysalis's Apprentice - Flash_Fire



When a mysterious young pegasus steals the elements of harmony, She'll find it quite hard to survive each day, with danger lurking at every corner. What will happen? You'll soon see!

  • ...
 8
 485

Tales Of Flash Fire : Chrysalis's Apprentice Chapter 1


The Tales Of Flash Fire : Chrysalis's Apprentice
Chapter 1.

-------------------------------------

Aside from the fact FlashFire was running for her life in a castle full of guards, she was happy. Her master would be pleased she'd collected the elements of harmony, if she could just manage to bring them back alive.

She was running through a long hall way with colorful stain glass windows lining the walls. She'd be enjoying the pretty pictures if it weren't for the guards behind her. She looked over her shoulder and saw them just 20 ft away.

Her heart pounded as she galloped down the hall. A guards spell exploded the ground a few inches in front of her and sent her flying out one of the windows. Sharp glass stabbed her sides as she crashed through a stain glass picture of discord. She shrieked as she plummeted down towards the courtyard floor. Flapping her damaged wings frantically she managed to land without breaking anything but she was bruised badly.

The guards shouted at her from above the courtyard. Her fur bristled, she stuck her hooves in her saddle bag to make sure the elements were still there. She moved her hooves around crazily until they touched the edge of the case containing the elements of harmony.

She stood shakily and started over to the drawbridge at the other end of the courtyard. The drawbridge started to raise and a barred gate started to come down from the top of the castle wall in front of it. She dashed for the exit, turning every once in a while to see guards poring down a staircase, entering the courtyard.

All of a sudden the flowers smelled delightful, the stream gurgled peacefully and the temperature of this lovely afternoon was making it very hard not to be lolled to sleep, her vision started to fog... STOP IT! she told her self. they must be puting a spell on me.She shook her head, clearing it of the spell and dashed full speed seeing the steel bars lowering, only a few feet away from touching the floor.

She tripped on a small stone just as a guards spear flew past were she had been standing.

A bead of sweat trickled down her neck. She gulped saying a silent prayer and lunged forward. She had made it past the bars! She smiled and started prancing forward, but she didn't go anywhere. Her tail was stuck under the bars! She pulled and tried to wriggle free, frantically. It didn't budge.

The guards galloped at her, there spears ready. She gulped and took one tiny step forward. Rrrriip! " Ow!" The end of her tail had been ripped off! Her eyes widened as they charged, but they had to stop, the bars were in the way. FlashFire took this new opportunity and galloped down the raising drawbridge.

She leaped just as it slammed shut, locking the guards inside the castle. She could hear them shouting in frustration. She sighed in relief until she saw the draw bridge slowly lowering. She ran down the path towards Canterlot. The view from the cliff side city was beautiful. She could see everything from there!

Ponyvile, in the distance was Manehattan, and even further from Manehattan was Fillydelphia!Even further in a different direction was her home, the land of the outcasts, it was a hot dessert wasteland, but never the less, it was her home.

She glanced back at the draw bridge and saw it half way down. She galloped full speed into the town. The mare heard shrieks of children and parents alike, locking themselves into there houses or stores.

She looked at her self, she was in a black suit with knifes on her belt, a black saddle bag and her face and wings were bruised and dirty. She didn't blame them for hiding, she would have to if roles had been reversed. Flash Fire heard a new sound, the sound of loud trumpets and war cries. Cloudsdale Warriors! They must have called in guards and warriors from cloudsdale! She looked up to see a herd of Pegasi swooping down from the sky at rapid speed, coming towards Canterlot.

She whimpered quietly and turned her head towards the castle, the royal guards now free, running full speed at her. She hadn't expected this many ponies to show up! The elements must be something special! She made it to the edge of town, but she had to stop to breathe. As she was gasping for breaths she saw the princesses and Shining Armor appear from the castle tower, there horns glowing with magic and power.

She looked around Canterlot terrified as a force field encircled the city, just as the Warriors from Cloudsdale had arrived. The guards and warriors advanced on her, only 100 feet away now.

She galloped into the outskirts of the town, knee deep in brush and tall grass. She waded over to a large flat stone and stood by it. The guards and warriors advanced with nasty looks on there faces, they were only 50 yards away, 20 yards away, 10 yards away, 20 feet away, but she just stood there, looking satisfied with herself.

The guards shared confused glances as they charged." Halt! Thief! We have you trapped!" One of them shouted as he charged.

Flash Fire just laughed." Yes, but all good thief's have a back up plan!" She kicked the large gray stone at the guards and jumped in a hole below it.

In the dim light of the hole she saw a familiar long tunnel stretching underground. Sticks lined the sides of the tunnels holding up loose dirt. She galloped ahead into the darkness with out stretched wings which knocked the sticks over as she ran. Dirt and rocks fell downward like an avalanche behind her blocking the guards out. She sighed in relief, closing her wings and toke deep breaths.

" Ok," She muttered to herself," All I have to do is follow the tunnel to the end of the Equestrian border... Then the land of out casts will be right there... Piece of cake!" She exclaimed smiling, her energy back.

-------------------------------------

It had been about 3 hours after she'd entered the tunnel, she saw light up ahead though, taunting her to go on.

When she reached the source she found the tunnel slanting upward until it stopped under a large bush. She peaked out from the prickly leafs, smiling happily. But then her expression changed to cold raw fear.

There were watch towers lining the equestrian border, guards led large patrols all around. There was no way on earth she could make it through there!

Flash Fire had to calm herself down. She was hyperventilating herself." It's ok.." She told herself." You'll just have to go the back way... Through Saddle Arabia, to the crystal empire and into the lands of outcasts..."

Only it wasn't ok, how could she make it into Saddle Arabia from here... There were guards everywhere! She breathed heavily, scouting the territory for an exit. There!

To her left was a large groove a trees, behind was a mountain and from there maybe she could- Something had grabbed her hind legs." I found her!" A voice cried.

She spun around, screamed and wiggled her legs free, kicking him in the face. Guards from every angle swarmed her, like ants into an ant hill. She shrieked and ran for it.

Flapping her wings wildly about, she managed to take off. But there weren't all unicorn and earth pony guards, a group of Pegasi guards soared into the air, flying right behind her. She gulped and looked over her shoulder, they were faster than her, catching up at rapid pace.

The sun slowly started to go down and the moon came into view. Flash Fire dove downward then flew back up, did a few spins and changed direction hoping to through them off, but they definitely hadn't just come out of flight camp. They copied her exact movements and advanced, 50 ft away they flew.

All of a sudden, she felt weightless, wind rushed in her ears, and her vision was dark and blurry. That last thing she saw was herself plummeting down into a rocky valley below.

------------------------------------

" Awaken, Thief!"

Flash fire opened her eyes, her vision still blurry, to see a crowd of people surrounding her. There expressions were angry and fierce. She was in a strange white building... that look like a tower, a watch tower. There must have been a explosion to cause the black out, she thought. She gasped, her saddle bag was missing. The elements where were they.

" I deeply suggest you apologize, and maybe we'll make you death less painful!" A guard came closer, knife in hand.

She was trapped, there was nothing she could do. She was tied to the floor, hand cuffed, and she was too weak to think. This is it, she thought, I'm dead.

-------------------------------------

Sent from my iPhone

Author's Note:

I really hope you enjoy the first chapter of my first fanfic ever! ENJOY!
also note I should be putting up chapters every week or sooner!