• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,119 Views, 85 Comments

Undead Necromancer - The Shade



A forsaken necromancer from the undercity hires an inexperienced mage and pays him to create a portal, this portal is supposed to go to Shattrah city, but what happens when everything goes wrong?

  • ...
18
 85
 3,119

Nothing serious.

I began singing some song I heard a DJ play a while back, I can't really remember what the name was but I remembered the lyrics... Kinda.
"Can't hide from the shadow in behind my eyes~" I sang as I walked through the castle, simply avoiding the guards, even if they were confused with hearing me singing as I walked past them using invisiblity potions or my spells, I began to feel... HIS presence nearby.
Illidian Stormrage, he's nearby, I can feel it in my very bones.
Perspective Celestia, Thirty seconds before arriving in Canterlot.
"Luna, He said that someone named... Illidian? That's what he said, right?" I asked my younger sister, she just nodded and faced forward, she wasn't used with this kind of behavior, but she would be forced to get used to it so she can appreciate the few ponies that still acts like she were just another pony around her, I treasure those moments.
Luna is about... Two hundred years younger than me, well, minus the thousand years on the moon I guess, so she wouldn't know about this, but I do.
And I do not know why i'm writing this down in Scythe's diary, it feels like this needed a bit of light shred upon.
Three thousand years ago Discord came to the world, but at that time he went by another name, a name that he only used once.
Illidian... Stormrage.
After discovering his abilities he seemed rather passive, more bored than anything, he created clouds made out of candy that rained chocolate and a lot of stuff, but we started calling him Discord nearly instantly, and for Scythe who's obviously from another world to react like this... Something isn't right, and he's currently not imprisoned in stone, this isn't gonna be pretty.
The sky carriage stopped on the ground outside the castle and I quickly snapped back to reality and stepped out only to see a thing I thought i'dd never see - The entire C Legion whipped out, unicorns with cracked horns, earth ponies with dented armor and pegasi with scorched feathers.
I looked around, Shining Armor is supposed to be in charge of the C-Legion today.
Looking around I noticed a big ice block a bit from the exhausted ponies, as I made my way towards it I gasped in horror - Shining Armor was stuck inside the ice, looking very surprised.
I began thinking 'Who could've done this?!' for a while before I saw a bloody circle on the ground made out of dried blood, the exact same type of circle Scythe had made when his spirit made me resurrect him.
What surprised me the most whoever was a note written in very old Equestrian, so old it was barely understood when I was young, the note read 'We Know.' Having a big inked... Hand? Was that what Scythe called it? Yes, hands, a big black hand under the page simply saying 'We Know.'
I glanced at it again in my confusion before noticing how the guards all were breathing, but only slightly.
I charged as much healing energy that I could muster and blasted it at all the ponies, they had cuddled up in a pile to keep body heat, only Shining Armor was left out.
The ponies bolted awake, practically flying for a second before falling back down and passing out like they had ran the entire Equestrian Fre'que.
That ice block, whatever it was that made up this entire prison of ice it was sturdy, well it obviously weren't normal ice because no mater what amount of fire magic I used it wouldn't even begin to melt.
Luna seemed to be taking this very well, simply glancing around the downed ponies and sighing.
Then, after what felt like an eternity, the ice began to crack.
Perspective Shining Armor.
That... That beast! That vile creature! That ferocious being! Just what was that? He could vanish and re-appear, he could move with speeds that rivaled the Wonderbolts but on ground and he only used his paws and feet to knock us out.
The ice around began to crack and I got my sense of feeling back, all the pain that had come from that battle and being trapped in ice hit me at once, I let out a ear-piercing scream before collapsing, panting heavily.
Perspective Scythe.
"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" Echoed through the castle halls, making an ear splitting scream come from where I downed the guards, I didn't want muggers or slave traders to get them so I jumped out the window landing in front of two very confused pegasi, before they could recover completely I put one in a hurricane and the other to sleep, mounting up on my drake I flew towards where I heard the sound.
About two minutes later I was back where I started, all guards were now wide awake and at full alert, including Celestia and Luna, never thought about it before but the guards are very small compared to them.
I decided to surprise them so I cast Comet Strike on myself, making me fall thirty times harder and take no fall damage.
I dismounted.

Author's Note:

Three chapters on just a few days? Damn man.