• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,118 Views, 85 Comments

Undead Necromancer - The Shade



A forsaken necromancer from the undercity hires an inexperienced mage and pays him to create a portal, this portal is supposed to go to Shattrah city, but what happens when everything goes wrong?

  • ...
18
 85
 3,118

These guards are weak.

'Ten minutes later'
I landed outside the castle on the mountain, my Blue Proto Drake seemed rather pleased with being able to stretch his wings.
I dismounted and began walking towards the castle doors only to be surrounded by guards, Unicorns, Pegasi and normal ponies all surrounded me.

"HALT! In the name of Princess Celestia we order you to freeze, creature." ...
I want to punch that guard in the face so friggin' much it hurts, not because he tried to order me around but because of his voice, I don't know why I just want to replace it, it wasn't fitting at all.

I slowly turned around to see a unicorn slightly larger than the rest of the guard wearing golden armor with a star on.
I tilted my head, still keeping my eyes locked on him, there was something fishy going on here, these guards said they were Celestia's guards, but Celestia is down in the library.

"Do not move! As the captain of the royal guard I co-" I cut him of right there, a captain of the royal guard? He dosen't seem so tough, maybe I have to teach him a lesson.

"Captain of the Royal guard? Don't make me laugh unicorn, i've killed demi-gods, and i've come to finish what i've started." Probably not the best thing to said, but he visibly paled and his guards inched closer.

Now, most of you that read this will probably think that I am not good with a sword, you couldn't be farther from the truth, i've trained with a sword for years I just focus more on my spellcasting.
"You will not harm the princess'!" He yelled at me.

I don't like being yelled at.

I cast blazing speed, ran up to him and kicked him in the face.
He was sent tumbling backwards a good ten meters before hitting a wall, he spat out a tooth and some blood before glaring at me.
His horn lit up and his guards began to charge, I only sighed, I handle stronger than these on a regular basis.

Anyways, guards from all sides charged at me, normally I would dodge but I were to show them why to not try to kill what's already dead.
Spears, swords and axes impaled me, tearing into my armor and striking my bones, denting the blades.
I simply stood there, not moving.

The guards dropped the weapons that simply fell off of me and out of my gear, usually I would just go invisible and kick their asses, but not today.

I sighed, startling all the guards who probably thought I was dead.
"So, this is Celestia's royal guard? What a disappointment, and I didn't even come here to harm the princess', a great evil from my world, Illidian Stormrage, is alive and kicking here. I simply came to kill him and go on with my day." I shook my head before reaching down in my bags, pulling out two very big swords, but they were light.

I put the swords in each hand and began to take a combat position, I would not kill any of them but giving them a real ass kick is something they seem to need.

I dropped into combat position before activating my Goblin belt, increasing my speed a lot. I ran up to one guard and kicked his armor in, denting it and probably cracking one rib.

A unicorn started charging up a spell behind me, I simply activated Frozen Barrier and walked towards him, the spells hit me to no end but did little in the way of damage, when I reached him I picked him up from the ground and headbutted his chest, clearly denting his rib cage.
A squad of pegasi started flying up a tornado around me, I simply blinked out of there on a moments notice.

The pegasi, as they don't seem to have noticed me blinking, flew faster and faster, before I decided to toy with them.
I cast Inferno blast right into the tornado, making it very hot in there, the pegasi seemed to drop out of it like flies on a mage duel.

Normal ponies with weapons gathered all around me, and the remaining seven unicorns behind me, The unicorns charged up one big spell together as the normal ponies charged at me.
I grinned behind my mask and cast Greater Invisibility to simply vanish, I activated my goblin belt again and ran out of the line of fire, the normal ponies took the hit head on and all dropped, dead.

I meant for this to be a game, just something fun basically, not murder.
The unicorns were exhausted so they were easy to pick of, I kicked the first one in the gut, punched the second one next to it's horn sending a single crack in it, he screamed out a ear-piercing scream before collapsing.
Five unicorns left.

They had finally taken notice to what is happening around them, using their last remaining magical power they put up a shield around them.
I walked up to it, knocked twice and frowned.
It already had a crack.

Sighing I cast Ice Lance on it, sending it clean through and revealing me, the unicorns tried to cast one last spell but failed.
I punched three of them and threw the other two into the three now unconscious guards.
As I said, I don't want this to be a bloodshed, I hadn't killed anyone but I knew I would be blamed, so I had to act soon.
Running up to The Captain, who was stunned at how quick the guards got taken down, I cast Ice Block on him, giving me plenty of time to resurrect the dead normal guards.

I walked up to the ten now dead normal ponies, I drew a simple circle around them with their blood and made a pentagram with mine, I dropped arcane stones and prayed a few times before resurrecting them, they were all brought back but to weak to fight.
I simply said "Everybody gets one." And left.

Author's Note:

Basically, Shining Armor - Level 80 elite, Normal guards - Level 40's.
Also, two chapters in less than a week? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!