• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 504 Views, 0 Comments

The Space that is Knocking on You - ZachWebbEX



A tale about the citizens of Ponyville, namely Lyra and BonBon, in this new and creative look on the universe that is Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
8
 0
 504

Chapter 5

"The Space that is Knocking on You"
''Chapter 005: Unknown to the Eye!!''


Rainbow Dash and Spitfire began their showcase of Wonderbolt flying maneuvers to entertain the crowd at the Zap Apple Parade. Fluttershy was finally able to calm down after the prank that befell on her. Pinkie Pie went on the enroll in the Apple Family pie eating contest, in which she failed at miserably, throwing up all of the contents. Rarity would end up entering a race with Applejack, with whom she stood no chance against. Lyra and BonBon had finally sat down on the hillside to witness the rest of the parade.

"Good, everything is fine now!" said BonBon who was cheerful.

"What, she sure is cheerful for some reason, we still have another party to attend too." said Lyra who was anxious to leave the festival.

"I assume that you would want to leave now, after all, you already got what you wanted." said BonBon speaking of the Zap Apple leaves.

"Hey, that is not true, but as long as we get to spin time together that is fine to me!" said Lyra in her usual cheerful tone as well.

"See, you are just trying to get me to come with you to that party early, listen, we are not going to miss it, let's just enjoy the rest of this parade first." said BonBon trying to calm down her friend.

"Fine, fine, but I am going to go find Applejack real quick, I want to ask her something." said Lyra.

"Uhmm, okay, see ya." said BonBon with confusion.

"I wonder where that loud pony is now, must of the contests in the parade are over anyway." said Lyra.

"Oh, hi Lyra, did you enjoy the parade too?" asked Colgate.

"Yep, whatever." said Lyra who just bypassed the mare.

"What was that about?" asked Colgate to herself.

"Glad I avoided her, my teeth are not fairing well lately, hehe!" said Lyra who, with the consumption of massive amounts of Dr. Horseshoes soda, her teeth where atrocious.

Lyra continued her search for Applejack through the waning crowd, as the parade came to a close. It was now 6:00 PM, and the sun was at the right position, that Ponyville was nice and warm throughout the day.

"Aha, maybe she is at the barn with the rest of her family!" said Lyra as she used her magic to create a green cloud made out of energy, a technique she called Fast Travel: Phase 1, and gently floated towards the barn.

"Man, magic sure can come in handy when you are tired." said Lyra.

"Ohhh, that is pretty cool, what kind of spell is that Ms. Lyra?" asked a young filly with a large red ribbon on head.

"Hi Applebloom, have you seen your sister around anywhere?" asked Lyra.

"Oh, Oh yeah, she is in the Apple acres relaxing, the parade took a lot out of her!" said Applebloom.

"Why thank you, I need to ask her something, take care!" said Lyra as she started to float off with her mass of green magic.

"Hey Lyra, would you like to help us find our cutie marks tomorrow?" asked Applebloom with a bouncy gesture.

"Eh, sorry but I have to work tomorrow, but I will help you once I get off, I promise!" said Lyra.

"Okay, thank you, you are a true friend!" said Applebloom as she galloped off very quickly.

"She is the only pony that probably is more lively that Pinkie Pie!" said Lyra to herself.

Elsewhere, Applejack and Twilight Sparkle were both in the Apple orchard going over the list of activities that took place at the parade.

"So, was all of the contests and music good entertainment?" asked Applejack.

"Why yes, according to the variable of audience reactions, the parade was overall a big hit!" said Twilight who had reading glasses on during the overview.

"Uhh Twi, why do you need glasses if you can see fine?" asked Applejack with curiosity.

"Well, you see, it helps me to oversee each word carefully, everything must be analyzed, or a crusial piece of information could be overlooked!" said Twilight with a nervous tone.

"Goodness Twilight, calm down, you are more stirred up thank Pinkie without a week of partying." said Applejack who thought that Twilight's over-analyzing was not necessary.

"Hey, Princess Celestia always taught me that in order to ensure that something reaches it's top potential, one must see through every possible aspect to allow the activity in question to be a success." said Twilight firmly.

"Good apple butter, I get it already." said Applejack who grew board with Twilight's speech.

Lyra had finally arrived in the orchard and made her way to where Applejack and Twilight were.

"Hey you two, what's going on?" asked Lyra.

"Oh hi Handy, we are just going over the list of things that I had organized for the parade, don't want to leave any nooks or crannies over-looked after all." said Applejack.

"I see, how about you Twilight, still busy with those endless supply of books that are always being sent your way?" asked Lyra.

"Why of course not, the opportunity to study the arts of Equestria's history is a very important privilege that this pony is not about to take for granted." said Twilight proudly.

"Ehh, okay." said Lyra who had lost interest the moment Twilight began to speak.

"What brings ya around these parts, Lyra?" asked Applejack.

"Oh right, I just wanted to ask if you two had received invitation to the party that Amythist Star is throwing later tonight." exclaimed Lyra.

"Heh, her eh, no thanks, I am going to have to pass on this, me and Spike are going to be practicing a Teleportation Type III spell later." said Twilight proudly.

"Teleportation Type III?" asked Lyra with confusion.

"Yeah, wait, since you are an unicorn too Lyra, would you like to come practice with me?" asked Twilight with an enthusiastic tone.

"Well, you are the element of magic, and my own magic skills need some work, but I really want to go to this party tomorrow, and I have another client at 5:00 in the morning." said Lyra.

"Oh right, you do work as a physical therapist, it must be tiring." said Twilight.

"Hehe, actually, my big brother is the one you will be seeing, he tore out his back after he managed to buck thirty trees with one kick." said Applejack.

"What, Big Mac took out thirty trees with one kick, that is unheard of!!!" said Lyra with a shocked tone.

"Yeah, no wonder his injuries where not worst." said Twilight.

"Oh, and to answer your'e question, I am sorry sugar cube, I have ti finish cleaning out the old Apple cellar for Granny Smith, I need to have it done by 2:00 this morning, and then I have to take Big Mac to, well, see you." said Applejack.

"Okay, I see, well, I look forward to practicing with you Twilight, I have only mastered the Type I Teleportation." said Lyra.

"Don't worry, it will be a worth-while exercise, someone with your intensity should enjoy it thoroughly." said Twilight.

"Yeah, and maybe one day we can hang out too." said Applejack.

"All right, I will see you two ponies later, bye." said Lyra as she created another green cloud of magic and started her way back to the location of the closing parade.

"Hmm, those six girls are all nice, no wonder they all possess one of the six elements, I just wish a slacker like me could understand that stuff more." said Lyra to herself.

BonBon was waiting on Lyra to return, when she ran into Cherilee as she was exiting the parade.

"Why hi there Cherilee, did you enjoy the parade?" asked BonBon.

"I *hic* sure as hell did, hehe." said a drunken Cherilee who, at this point, was struggling to stand on her front hooves.

"A little too much apple cider, eh?" asked BonBon.

"Yep, who *hic* would have thought?" said Cherilee as she galloped in a criss-cross pattern towards the main section of Ponyville.

"I guess her and Berry Punch may have had a little too much fun it seems." said BonBon, who was not very fond of alcoholic beverages.

"Hey BonBon, I am back!" said Lyra with excitement.

"Oh, hi Lyra, what did you do with Applejack?" asked BonBon.

"I just wanted to ask her if she was coming to Amythist Star's party later tonight." said Lyra.

"She probably said no, that pony always has some kind of work going on." said BonBon.

"Oh yeah, and Twilight Sparkle invited me to her library to practice training with magic after I get off work tomorrow!" said Lyra with joy.

"That is nice, but are you sure you want to go to this party darling, you do have to be up at 4:00 in the morning to make sure you get to work on time." said BonBon who was weary of Lyra's partying habits.

"Yeah, I see what you mean, but we can stop by for a bit, the party starts at 9:00 pm, we can stay there for two hours, that will give me enough time to sleep for a while!" said Lyra.

"Okay, well, let's go party!" said BonBon as the two room mates ran off towards Sugar-cube Corner.

The time was now 8:00 pm, Sunday, a hill standing above the western area of Ponyville was the location. The sunset was gleaming over the horizon, and a calm chill of air, which was blowing some leaves in an air current followed. Two hooded individuals, one a pony, and another, a shorter creature stood a top the hill.

"What a pleasent sight, no?" asked the shorter hooded creature.

"Of course, this sublime imagery is almost enough to make one pony really appreciate what things we take fore granted." said the hooded pony.

"So, what are we to do next, the parade is over, Twilight is probably going to be at her library knowing her." said the shorter, hooded creature.

"Yeah, she has never been one on partying, always practicing her spells, her cutie mark is not the sacred star of Phynxien, the Everlasting Equine for nothing." said the hooded pony with a sense of respect for the purple-coated mare.

"Yeah, if Phynxien were still alive, he would be proud." said the shorter creature.

"That may be so, but I too am seeking to be the greatest unicorn in Equestria, and as you know this presents a conflict." said the hooded equine with it's pale cornflower blue man jutting out of the hood.

"Tomorrow, we shall confront her, the time has come to settle the score for good." said the hooded pony as it and the shorter hooded creature vanished.

Meanwhile, Lyra and BonBon were headed toward's Sugar Cube Corner, where they finally arrived.

"Alright, it is 8:30 pm now, let's wait in line and we can start partying in no time bitches!" said Lyra who stuck her tongue out, almost in the style of a akanbe taunt.

"Don't get too carried away, I here that both Vinyl Scratch and Octavia will be performing here!" said Carrot Top, who was in front of the two.

"Vinyl Scratch, you mean DJ-Pone3, I love her music, so wild and electric, the epitome of a party!" said Lyra with excitement.

"I am more a fan of Octavia, her elegant style and beautiful looks, hehe, I mean atmosphere cause for an ideal adult gathering!" said BonBon blushing.

"Yeah, totally not awkward at all." said Lyra rolling her eyes.

"I agree." said Carrot Top.

"Hey, Lyra, I would have not guess you would be here too!" said Thunderlane, a black-coated and light cyan mane stallion.

"Oh Thunderlane, how is that left wing that we worked on last month?" asked Lyra.

"It is coming along nicely, those stretching routines that we practiced on were magnificent, I should be ready to move the rain up to Cloudsdale next week!" said Thunderlane with joy.

"Hehehe, I hear that Rainbow Dash is in charge of that, it's a wonder that Ponyville is able to withstand being lost in the hurricane with her leading the way." said BonBon laughing.

"Well, Fluttershy, ever since gaining some confidence, has helped out a lot too.

"Huh, that Fluttershy, the one who almost had a heart-attack from that prank?" asked Lyra to herself.

"I guess you cannot judge a book by it's cover, eh, Lyra?" asked BonBon to her judgmental friend.


"I guess so." said Lyra.

"Hey, the line is moving we should be their in about five minutes!" said Carrot Top.

Elsewhere, Vinyl Scratch had finally arrived at the party, and upon receiving a standing ovation from most of the party-goers went inside to sat up her DJ station.

"Hehe, you are a little late my friend." said Octavia with her violin, cello, and guitar at the ready.

"Now how in the fuck are we supposed to entertain the guests if both of us will be playing." said the brash Vinyl Scratch.

"Well, if you would take off those glasses sometimes, you would probably be able to see these situations before they arose!" said Octavia.

"Hey, don't bring up that feud here, Amythist Star is counting on this party to be a blast, besides, I got two bags of Zap Apple leaves after the show!" said Vinyl Scratch, trying to persuade Octavia.

"Oh Vinyl, you know I do not indulge in those disgusting drugs, besides, it is alright, I can start the party with some smooth swing and jazz quartets, and you can lighten up the party with your dub step afterwards, thirty minutes for each of us, repeated in cycles of two!" said Octavia.

"Ughhh, fine then!" said Vinyl who started to hit a blunt of Zap Apple leaves to gather the will to deal with her musical rival.

Lyra and BonBon had shown off their tickets to the door mare, Pinkie Pie, and were allowed entrance into the party.

"Have fun girls, hey Lyra, I hear Rainbow Dash will be here!" said Pinkie with joy.

"Awesome, this will definitely be a party I can appreciate!" said Lyra with a sense of extreme dancing trickling down her spine.

"Don't over do it Lyra, you do have to work at five in the morning tomorrow after all." said BonBon trying to keep her in check.

"I know, I know!" said Lyra who maid a mocking gesture behind her friend's back.

"Oh Pinky, has most of the ponies registered for this party?" asked Amythist Star.

"Yes!" said Pinky with a nervous twitch forming.

"Is something wrong?" asked Amythist Star with confusion.

"No, my twitchy-twitch is just acting up again, let's start this party!" said Pinkie Pie as she busted out all of her instruments and ran inside.

Elsewhere, Applejack had returned to the barn to saddle up the chickens for tomorrow's bake sale. Twilight Sparkle then decided to return home enjoying the evening view of the moonlight overlooking the leaves of the trees around here.

"Such a wonderful and serene place, I think I will not use teleportation, a good walk never hurt anypony." said Twilight to herself.

"I hope Spike got all of the chores done." said Twilight.

Elsewhere, Amythist Star's party was on full swing, Octavia began to entertain first.

"Ughh, I was wanting Vinyl Scratch to play first, I want a rave party!" said Lyra.

"Hey, there is nothing wrong with a little dance music to soothe the mane." said Rarity.

"Well, I disagree, high electric music soothes the soul!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Hey, I had Octavia play at Carousal Boutique once, and business skyrocketed that day!" said Rarity trying to reason with her friend.

"Yeah, and DJ-Pon3 showed up to our Wonderbolt practice camp one day, and performance was up that day!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Okay fine, just wait, each musician will be playing on and off for thirty minutes, you will have plenty of time to enjoy your own music." said Rarity as she walked away with an over-dramatic walk.

"Hi Dashie, I made it!" said Lyra to her friend.

"Oh Lyra, nice to see you!" said Rainbow.

"Are you ready to party!" yelled Lyra.

"You got it, let's bust the damn cap off of this party's ass!" yelled Rainbow Dash sticking her tongue out with joy.

"Oh look, they have Apple Cider, and Babs Light here, how about some shot to pass the time until Vinyl starts to play?" asked Lyra.

"Now that is my kind of girl!" said Rainbow Dash.

Octavia's session lasted for thirty minutes, until it was Vinyl's turn to play.

"All right everypony, are you ready to rock like you never had before?" asked Vinyl Scratch with enthusiasm that could only be seen in a proud musician.

Most of the crowd responded with a loud cheer, and with this, the dub step commenced.

"W,w,wow, this is an awesome party!" said Rainbow Dash who was as drunk as she has ever been.

"Hey, Dashie, you look as drunk as a horse!" said Lyra.

"What is a horse?" asked Rainbow Dash as she stood up and put her front hooves around Lyra.

"Uhh, I mean pony." said Lyra who started blushing once Rainbow caressed her.

"Let's have an awesome rave!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

Elsewhere, Twilight had arrived at her library, and after unlocking the door walked inside slowly.

"Hmm, better turn on the lights, let's see how Spike has done so far." said Twilight who always trusted her friend.

Twilight then turned on the lights and walked towards her massive collection of books.

"Hey Spike, I am back." said Twilight.

"Spike, Spike?" asked Twilight who was surprised to not see her faithful dragon waiting to greet her.

"Spike, Spike SPIIIIIIIIKEEEEEEE!!!!" yelled Twilight as she began to get more nervouse.

"Where could you be buddy?" said Twilight as a tear formed around her eye.


-To be continued...-

Author's Note:

I am really starting to get into the story now, all of these wonderful characters to work with makes this project worthwhile.