• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 504 Views, 0 Comments

The Space that is Knocking on You - ZachWebbEX



A tale about the citizens of Ponyville, namely Lyra and BonBon, in this new and creative look on the universe that is Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
8
 0
 504

Chapter 13

"The Space that is Knocking on You"
''Chapter 013: Mistrusting Convictions!!''


Twilight and her friends are rushing to the train station to save Shining Armour! While everyone has a clear resolve in this journey, Trixie is still having doubts about being around Twilight.

"This does not make sense, ever since we were young, we were rivals, it is not right for me to be doing this!" said Trixie to herself.

"Alright everypony, the train station is only beyond this ravine, we should be their shortly." said Applejack.

"That is, ummm, good to know, I just hope that we make it with no problems." said Fluttershy anxiously.

"What is the matter, Fluttershy, scared that a big monster might come out and eat you?" said Rainbow Dash mockingly.

"Hey, that, umm, well is not nice!" said Fluttershy trying to re-assert herself.

"You have got to do better than that when you are standing up for yourself girl!" said Rainbow Dash.

"On about that again, umm, I already know that, but the main concern right now is helping Twilight's brother." said Fluttershy.

"I know, I know." said Rainbow Dash.

"I for one think that Fluttershy has a lot of self-esteem." said BonBon, defending the pegasus.

"Yeah, the self-esteem of a walnut, bwahahaha!" laughed Rainbow Dash.

"Hey, just because you are a lazy slacker does not give you rights to be messing with her!" said BonBon.

"Cool down back their, we do not need any arguments while we are out." said Twilight trying to keep the group in check.

"Don't worry about us Twilight, just focus on the task at hand." said Rainbow Dash.

"See, even these fools are arguing amongst themselves, and I am supposed to be okay with this friendship bullshit!" thought Trixie to herself.

Trixie started to remember the time when her and Twilight had their first magical duel in the school for gifted unicorns about ten years prior.

"Alright, Twilight, Trixie, you two give a hoof-clap to each other for good fortune, and then begin the friendly magic duel, this will help in giving each of you the confidence needed to move forward." said Cadance.

"Alright, are you ready Trixie?" asked the young filly.

"Of course Twilight!" said Trixie.

The two fillies then gave a hoof clap to each other and began sparring.

"You are going to have to do better than that!" said Trixie mocking Twilight's attempt at conjuring a spell.

"Okay!" said Twilight as she managed to teleport behind Trixie and catch her in a force shield.

"She can use that technique already, impressive." said Cadance as she observed the duel in the Canterlot courtyard.

"What, I will not fall for this, you silly filly!" said Trixie as she used a teleportation spell of her own to get out of the force shield.

"Good job Trixie!" said Twilight with joy.

"Do not congratulate me, we are in the midst of a duel, there is not time for stuff like this." said Trixie as the young mare raced towards Twilight.

"Princess Celestia taught me to be kind to anyone, no matter what the situation is!" said Twilight as she nimbly dodged Trixie's rushing attack.

"You dodged me good, but now I will catch you!" said Trixie as she conjured up a freezing spell and aimed it at Twilight.

"Freeze!" said the young Trixie as she shot the beam towards Twilight's location.

"I got a better one!" said Twilight as she casted another barrier that bounced the spell away.

"Why you!" said Trixie as she grew irritated at Twilight's constant happy demeanor.

"I congratulate you on your mastery of the freeze spell!" said Twilight nodding to Trixie.

"I already told you once, do not congratulate me, the enemy on something like this, we are having a duel!" yelled the filly as she focused in on Twilight.

"Let's try a lightning spell!" said Trixie as she started to conjure up a small bolt of lightning.

"Not bad, let me try something else, a fire bolt!" said Twilight as the two fillies fired their respective spells at each other creating a deadlock between the magical beams.

"My lightning will over power your fire, that is what I learned from reading about Princess Luna, power triumphs every time." said Trixie.

"No, we both have a good aptitude for the art of magic, I learned that compassion is the key to success from Princess Celestia." said Twilight as the two magical beams disappeared.

"Heh, this filly is out of her mind!" said Trixie.

"Alright you two well done." said Cadance.

"Twilight, you are getting the honor of being our top graduate for your professional display of class." said Cadance.

"What, what are you talking about, it was a tie, why does she get to be the honor graduate?" asked Trixie with frustration.

"That is your problem Trixie, you are too robust and hot-headed, that is a rude behavior that I frown up on!" said Cadance with a stern tone.

"Whatever!" said Trixie as she ran out of the courtyard.

"That stupid Twilight, I should have been the honor graduate, I studied forever learning those spells, what does being kind got to do with anything, this whole showing class to your opponent, Princess Luna would never teach that, why can't she be in charge!" said Trixie with frustration.

A short time passed after the graduation ceremony, Trixie was the second highest scoring filly, and received a standing ovation from her family, but still she was not satisfied. After the graduation ceremony was over she confronted Twilight.

"Listen here, from now on we are going to be opponents, don't think just because you got the number one spot in our class means that you are better than me!" said Trixie.

"I do not think I am better than anyone." said Twilight with a smile.

"See, there you go again, being all nice and stuff, that really irks me, I hate that!" said Trixie with a defensive tone.

'What is the matter Trixie, if something is wrong I can help you with it!" said Twilight with joy.

"Nothing, nothing is wrong." said a pouty Trixie as she walked away.

"I will always remember that day Twilight, when you got the first spot in our class and I got the second, not to mention all of the times that you made a fool out of me!" said Trixie as her mind shifted back to the present.

"Sorry about what I said, Fluttershy." said Rainbow Dash for pushing the timid pegasus earlier.

"I am sorry for what I said to you!" said BonBon in response to getting the death stare from Lyra for insulting her friend.

"It is alright, I was in the wrong." said Rainbow Dash.

"How many more miles until we get to the train station, Twi?" asked Spike as he was riding on her back.

"Not too much longer, hopefully." said the mare as the group was now running out of the ravine and into a grassy field.

"Eww, I hope none of these disgusting bugs get all over me!" said Rarity.

"Aww Rarity, you will be alright, a little bug bites never hurt anypony!" said Applejack.

"Yeah, easy for you too say!" said Rarity as she was fighting off all of the gnats that were swarming around her.

"I for one think that this grassy field is absolutely fantastic!" yelled Pinkie Pie with joy.

"You sure are happy." said Trixie to the jovial pink pony.

"Why of course, I am with my friends, and we are going to get the ingredients to make Twilight's brother feel better, what is their to not be happy about?" asked Pinkie Pie as she hopped along.

"Man this pony likes to hop a lot." thought Trixie to herself.

"Hey Dashie, do you still have that, well, you know for whenever we are riding on the train?" asked Lyra.

"Oh, you know it!" said Rainbow Dash hinting towards the Zap Apple Blunt.

"Make sure you save some for me!" said Pinkie Pie wanting in on it too.

"I cannot believe you ponies are thinking of something like that in a crisis like this, my brother is sick!" said Twilight with frustration.

"Well sorry, we did come along after all, besides, being miserable is not going to help your brother recover any faster." said Rainbow Dash angrily.

"Hey, watch what you say, my brother means everything to me!" said Twilight.

"Geez, it is like traveling with a drama group." said Spike to himself.

"My goodness Lyra, how could you and Rainbow Dash be so self-centered at a time like this!" said BonBon as she sided with Twilight.

"Hey, we are just going to smoke a joint while on the train, what does that have to do with the progress of saving Twilight's brother?" asked Lyra with confusion.

"I agree with Lyra, let's all just be happy and continue one!" said Pinkie Pie.

"It, umm, seems like we fight more when we are trying to do something, than when we are just sitting around." said Fluttershy.

"Yeah, I know." said Applejack.

The group had passed through the grassy plain and were now starting to enter a more barren area without much vegatation.

"We should be near the Wonderstone Forest soon, that is the last location before we get to the train station, let's get moving!" said Applejack who was pumped up.

"You sure are exctied Applejack, what is the occasion?" asked Rarity.

"I just love running at high speeds, I am a work-a-holic after all!" said Applejack happily. "Listen Twi, everything is going to be okay, after we pass Wonderstone Forest and get on that train, things are going to go a lot smoother, trust me!" said Applejack trying to comfort her friend.

"Thanks Applejack for the support." said Twilight as she managed to calm down.

"Hmm, I have been to Wonderstone Forest before, where I work, that is where we get a lot of our daffodils for the harvest." said BonBon.

"Ooh, I love daffodils, I will have to by some from your store when we get back." said Fluttershy to BonBon.

"I hope that there is not any disgusting bugs in that forest when we get their." said Rarity.

"Oh for pete's sake Rarity their are always going to be bugs outside, no matter where you go!" said Applejack with annoyance of Rarity's behavior.

"I know, but I just took a wonderful shower this morning, I do not want it to be for nothing." said Rarity as she kept wiping the sweat off her while she was running.

"As I said, no need to worry, things are going to be okay." said Twilight.

"Hey Lyra, make sure that if I drop that blunt, you pick it up from behind me!" said Rainbow Dash.

"You got it!" said Lyra.

"Oh you two, you are something else, I remember when you almost sat the house on fire when you forgot to put that blunt out." said BonBon.

"Yeah, that sure was something else, hehe." said Lyra as she remembers that terrifying incident.

"Well, on the bright side, you cannot set a train on fire if you forget to put a blunt out, hahaha." said Lyra as she laughed away.

"Yeah, but a train can explode from fire!" said BonBon as she looked over at Lyra with a look of confusion.

"That is a good point." said Rainbow Dash.

"Well, don't worry, we will not drop a blunt!" said Lyra with more laughter.

"I don't care, just don't do anything stupid." said BonBon trying to keep her room-mate in check.

Hey, there is the Wonderstone Forest, we have finally made it!" said Twilight.

"Thank goodness, I was starting to get bored with the running in this desolate shit hole." said Trixie to herself.

"Hey Trixie, you ever tried a blunt of zap apple leaves, before?" asked Lyra.

"Umm, no!" said Trixie who was startled by the sudden question.

"Well, you totally need to once we get to the train station!" said Lyra.

"Umm, well, okay?" said Trixie with a confusing tone.

"Alright everypony, get your saddles ready, we are about to pass through the Wonderstone Forest." said Applejack with joy.

"Okay, but let's be careful, I heard that there is many dangerous creatures at the entrance of the forest." said Fluttershy.

"Hey, don't say things like that!" said Rarity who was scared.

"Umm, sorry." said Fluttershy.

"Well, don't worry, we got a, like, super-kickass team right here with me, Dashie-D and Super Pinkie!" said Lyra in a slang tone.

"Dashie-D, really?" asked BonBon with a dumbstruck tone.

"Oooh, I am Super Pinkie, that sounds just like the name of a super hero, alright scary creatures of Wonderstone Forest, watch out!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Hey, we do not even know if we will find anything their." said Twilight who was trying to be reasonable.

"I hope you are right, Twilight, I hope you are right." said Rarity as the group drew closer to the mysterious forest.

"I have never ran into any trouble when I went into the forest!" said BonBon trying to calm everyone down.

"Hey, I already said, I am not scared of any dopey ass creatures from that forest!" said Lyra all full of herself.

"Yeah, you say that now, but we will see." said BonBon to herself.

"Heh, maybe something will get Twilight." said Trixie to herself.

"I am ready for anything too, let's go hog wild!" said Applejack.

"Yep, let's show them a true flight show!" said Rainbow Dash with joy.

"Oh jeez, I am surrounded by idiots." said Trixie to herself.

-To be continued...-

Author's Note:

Zap Apple blunts are good for you!