• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 504 Views, 0 Comments

The Space that is Knocking on You - ZachWebbEX



A tale about the citizens of Ponyville, namely Lyra and BonBon, in this new and creative look on the universe that is Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
8
 0
 504

Chapter 4

"The Space that is Knocking on You"
''Chapter 004: Zap Apple Hijinks!!''


"Mmmm, that sure is my favorite brand of soda!" said Lyra with joy as she grabbed a Dr. Horseshoes on her way with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

"You are still not mad at us for that awesome prank we pulled, are you?" asked Rainbow Dash to Lyra.

"No way, I was a little pissed at first, but you girls are my friends, besides, it was just a little harmless fun!" said Lyra.

The three ponies started laughing as they walked through the crowd witnessing the start of the Zap Apple Parade.

"Good afternoon Fillies and Gentlecolts!" said Applejack as she took the top of the podium.

"Today is the Zap Apple Parade, now ya'll make yourselves at home, and do be sure to enjoy yourselves as members of my very own Apple family show off their wacky creations this year." said Applejack to the large audience.

All of the ponies started cheering on the parade, and with that, all of the Apple family, from Apple Fritter, all the way to Apple Strudel, began to march with their own creations of apple theme marching gear to show off to the audience.

Elsewhere, Lyra, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie were off to prank all of their unsuspecting friends around the parade.

"Ohh, you said we should get Fluttershy first, that sounds like fun!" said Lyra with a small grin.

"Okay, but Fluttershy is very timid, are you sure we should prank her at all?" asked Pinkie.

"Hey, she is an adult, she can take it!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Someone has to take her out of that bubble of her's, she need to live it up!" said Lyra.

"Listen, I have this fake replica of Angel that I made earlier, we are going to set it near Fluttershy to make her think that it is on the loose!" said Rainbow Dash quietly.

"That does not sound too bad." said Lyra.

"Hehe, when you care for animals like she does, it sure is." said Pinkie Pie.

"Look, I found her, she is in the back of the crowd as usual." said Rainbow Dash.

"Hey Lyra, do you mind taking this Angel replica and using your magic to make it move?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Sure, I will make it look authentic, so Fluttershy will not expect a thing." said Lyra.

"Okay, three, two, one, go." said Pinkie Pie quietly.

"Oh my, Applejack sure has done a good job orchestrating the parade this year, I am glad I could help with all of the preparations." said Fluttershy to herself.

"I just hope that Angel managed to stay put at home while I am gone." said Fluttershy who was always concerned with her animals.

Lyra then began to manipulate the fake bunny, causing it to hop towards Fluttershy's location.

"Hmm, Angel, what are you doing here, ummm, I thought, umm, that I told you not to follow me." said Fluttershy who began to get nervous.

"Now Lyra, make it run away from her, bwahaha." laughed Rainbow Dash quietly.

"Okay, I will make the duplicate run off towards the location of the marching paraders." said Lyra who was trying to hold back her laughter too.

"No Angel, don't run towards the parade, stay back, nooo!" said Fluttershy quietly as she took off after the fake rabbit.

"Haha, she has no idea that it is a fake, what an airhead, hahaha!" laughed Pinkie Pie to herself.

The rabbit then continued to march farther down through the crowd as Fluttershy was in hot pursuit from behind.

"Angel, stop now!!" said Fluttershy who began to get very uneasy.

"Just a little more, then make it vanish, she will not know what hit here!" said Rainbow Dash with excitement.

"Angel, that is enough, stop please!" said Fluttershy as the duplicate stopped and began to stare at Fluttershy.

"That is it, time for the stare!" said Fluttershy who began to use her special talent of having animals to submit to her command.

"Now, do it Lyra!" said Rainbow Dash.

The duplicate then vanished in thin air, startling Fluttershy.

"Angel, no, what...have...I..done!" said Fluttershy who began to cry very softly.

"Wait, she looks like her feeling where hurt." said Pinky Pie who was concerned.

"Pinkie, don't worry, she will realize it when she returns home, besides, I will tell her it was a prank!" said Rainbow Dash as she flew over to Fluttershy.

"Oh, Rainbow Dash, I was chasing Angel because he was running towards the parade, but then he disappeared for no reason at all!" said a frantic Fluttershy.

"Bwahahaha!" laughed Rainbow Dash.

"It was not really Angel, it was a duplicate that I created, and Lyra was controlling it with her magic, it was not really Angel!" said Rainbow Dash.

"What, but, how could you?" asked Fluttershy as she began to cry softly again.

"Oh brother, you are a difficult one to deal with, I am sorry." said Rainbow Dash.

"I am sorry too Flutters, please do not be mad at us, it was just for fun." said Pinkie Pie.

"I apologize too, we just wanted to get a good laugh out of you." said Lyra who felt bad for what she has done.

"But, I thought that Angel was going to get hurt, that was not humorous in any way, it scared me!" said Fluttershy who was a little angry.

"Okay, maybe targeting Fluttershy was a mistake, I promise to leave you out of these pranks for good, okay?" asked Rainbow Dash trying to comfort Fluttershy.

"Fine, but no more pranks on me, got it!" said Fluttershy who was defiant of her animals.

"Okay, got it, now let's get out of her, bye Fluttershy!" said Rainbow Dash as her, Lyra, and Pinkie Pie returned to behind the stands.

"Well, that turned out bad, maybe we should be more careful about our next prankee." said Lyra.

"Actually, I have something to tell you two, while I was searching for Rainbow Dash, some unicorn gave me two invitations to a party that was being thrown later tonight, here." said Pinkie Pie who handed one to Lyra.

"You mean searching, as in part of the prank you too pulled on me!" said Lyra as she took one of the invitations.

"Hehe, we guess so." said Rainbow Dash who was still laughing over that prank too.

"It says that the party is being thrown by Amythist Star, and that it will be at 9:00 pm, it will be at Sugarcube Corner, that sounds awesome!" said Lyra.

"I already have one, so Pinkie can have one too." said Rainbow Dash.

"Cool, PARTY!!!!" yelled Pinkie Pie with joy.

"I think one of my eardrums busted." said Rainbow Dash to herself.

Meanwhile, BonBon was enjoying the parade to herself.

"Thank goodness, I sure hope that Lyra and her friends do not mess up the joy I am having, she can be a real pain in the ass sometimes!" said BonBon to herself.

"Hey BonBon, are you enjoying this magnificent parade too?" asked a white unicorn with a neat purple main.

"Oh, hi Rarity, I did not know you liked to attend these kind of events." said BonBon.

"Of course, it is good to get out and enjoy the ever-so wonderful atmosphere that the Apple family can put together." said Rarity with joy.

"Yes, it is rather pleasant near Sweet Apple Acres, much better than back home." said BonBon thinking of Lyra.

"I guess you heard about the prank that Rainbow Dash pulled?" asked Rarity.

"What prank, I heard that Rainbow Dash was in trouble with the Wonderbolts for failing a drug test." said BonBon.

"No dear, that was one of her pranks, I overheard it when she was discussing the details with Pinkie Pie." said Rarity.

"I should have known, and I bet that they are going to try and prank us as well?" asked BonBon.

"Yes, I am sure, but I had something in mind." said Rarity.

"Ooh, what would that be?" asked BonBon

"How about we get back at them for once, Lyra is probably with them as well." said Rarity.

"Really, that would be nice, it would get back at her for all of the times that she disturbed me while I was trying to sleep." said BonBon with a now devious smile.

"Okay, I got an idea, Spitfire is here at the parade today and I figured that if we can get her to play along, we can fool Rainbow Dash into believing that she really is in trouble with the Wonderbolts!" said Rarity.

"Wow, you really want to do that to your friend?" asked BonBon.

"Hey, it's like she says, it's just a little harmless fun, hahaha." said Rarity who herself was the target of several escapades from the rainbow-mane mare.

"Okay, I think I saw her near the concession stands, let's go get her!" said BonBon.

Meanwhile, Lyra, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash were all gathered around behind the stands.

"Hey, Lyra, I got my hands on some more of those Zap Apple leaves, I found them in one of Applejack's barrels." said Rainbow Dash.

"Oh yeah, that is what I am talking about!" said Lyra.

"You two, always on about that stuff." said Pinkie Pie.

"Come on Pinkie, you should try it, I hear that it really is the life of parties!" said Rainbow Dash in a teasing manner.

"Oh fine, why not, it has gotten a little boring around this parade lately." said Pinkie Pie.

"I will allow you to take the first hit Pinkie." said Rainbow Dash.

"No, I do not want to be hit!" said Pinkie Pie, unaware of the terminology that Rainbow Dash was using.

"Haha, no Pinkie, a hit is slang for smoking in some of the Zap Apple leaves." said Lyra.

"Oh, hehe, right." said Pinkie.

"Let me light it up for you, then smoke the tip of the paper, okay." said Lyra.

Elsewhere, Rarity and BonBon managed to find Spitfire who had just finished consuming several plates of spicy hot nachos.

"Umm, excuse me Ms. Spitfire, we would like to ask something of you." said Rarity.

"Why hello their, nice parade, Applejack sure knows how to through together something." said Spitfire.

"Yes, but listen, Rainbow Dash recently pulled a prank on Lyra, telling her that she was in trouble with the Wonderbolts for smoke Zap Apple leaves, she had everyone convinced." said BonBon.

"Oh, I see, that sounds like Rainbow Dash to me, but of course, we all smoke the leaves, they are very calming and bring about an almost hypnotic trance on you." said Spitfire.

"I see, but how about we get back at her and make her think that she really is in trouble." said Rarity.

"Cool, she has been slacking lately, that would be something to get her back into gear again!" said Spitfire.

"Awesome, then it is on!" said Rarity with a smile.

Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Lyra were all enjoying the pass-around of the Zap Apple leaves.

"My goodness, my pinkie sense works much better *hic* under these conditions!" said Pinkie Pie who was more jumpy than usual.

"Yeah, just do not get too hyper Pinkie, we do not want to attract attention." said Lyra.

"Oh yes, that hit the spot." said Rainbow Dash as she passed the last hit to Lyra.

"Why thanks pal, the best for last." said Lyra as she relished the intake of the mesmerizing effect of the Zap Apple cinders in her nostrils.

"Okay girls, don't you feel better now?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah, do you feel better?" asked Spitfire as she managed to find the three behind the stands.

"Ohh, hi Spitfire, did you come here to hit one up too, hehe, we just ran out." said Rainbow Dash who was now under the influence of the Zap Apple smoke.

"Rainbow Dash, I know that we smoke this together a lot, but this time you have gone too far, last week when you were taking your drug test, you failed!" said Spitfire with an authoritarian tone.

"Huh, what do you mean?" asked Lyra with a shocked tone.

"Failed, but we just pulled a prank like that ourselves." said Pinkie Pie.

"Failed, good one Spitfire, I already did that." said Rainbow Dash.

"I am not joking here young lady, look, I have the document right here!" said Spitfire with her drill sergeant-like voice.

"Wait, this cannot be true, noo, this is a joke right?" asked Rainbow Dash who began to breathe heavily.

"Afraid not, it is not good to indulge in drugs during a testing week Rainbow, you know that!" said Spitfire. "I am afraid that we are going to have to suspend you for the rest of the year." continued on Spitfire.

"Wait, this cannot be right!" said Lyra.

"Afraid so." said Spitfire.

"No, Dashie did not mean any harm behind any of these pranks, I swear." said Pinkie Pie trying to defend Rainbow Dash.

"Well, she should have thought about that before she smoked those leaves on a testing week." said Spitfire.

"Fuck, this cannot be happening to me, I dreamed of my entire life as a Wonderbolt, and I finally get in, and now I fuck it up." said Rainbow Dash who started to form tears around here eyes.

"I got one more piece of bad news about your involvement with the Wonderbolts, Rainbow Dash." said Spitfire with a more aggressive tone.

"Just say it ma'am, I am ready." said Rainbow Dash with a depressed tone.

"Damn, was their something I could have done?" thought Lyra to herself.

"You got punk'd!" yelled Rarity as she, and BonBon jumped behind the stands as well.

"What?" yelled Rainbow Dash with confusion.

"You mean with was a prank on us, the master pranksters?" asked Pinkie Pie with astonishment.

"Yes, consider this payback for the times that you three have pranked all of us." said Spitfire.

"Son of a Luna, you really had me worried their Spitfire, but that was a good one though." said Rainbow Dash.

"Hehehe, I am glad you did not hold it against me, but maybe now you will see that sometimes, you girls take this pranking business too far." said Rarity.

"I guess you are right." said Lyra.

"Well, now that we got that cleared up, let's go put on a show for the crowd, eh, Rainbow Dash?" asked Spitfire.

"You got it ma'am." said Rainbow Dash.

"But seriously, lay off some of the leaves." said Spitfire.

The two pegasi then flew off into the air to entertain the guests of the parade.

"Yehaaawww!" yelled Applejack as she jumped around on the podium at the sight.

"I gotta go see this too!" said Pinkie Pie with her usual jumping routine.

"My, the lights sure are astounding." said Rarity as she left too.

"Well, it looks like we got you." said BonBon laughing.

"Yeah, I guess soo, that was a good one BonBon." said Lyra to her room mate.

"Well, what do you say we enjoy the rest of this parade, there is another party toning at Sugarcube Corner." said BonBon.

"You got an invitation too?" asked Lyra.

"Yes, Rarity gave me one, everypony is going to be their!" said BonBon.

"Awesome, this is going to be one hell of a party!" said Lyra with joy.

"One more thing Lyra darling, please turn off the damn television set for now on!" said BonBon who still had not forgotten the electricity bill from last week.

"Ughhhh, fine." said Lyra as the two ran off laughing with each other.

"Hmm, those two sure are quite the sight, eh?" asked a pony with a hood around their neck.

"No kidding, this party will be a ride of hell after all." said a shorter creature with a hood.

"Let's rock'n'roll!" said the taller hooded equine as the two vanished.


-To be continued...-

Author's Note:

I promise, their will be more excitement soon, I am just setting up the character interactions and themes right now.