• Published 27th Jul 2013
  • 663 Views, 10 Comments

Soren The Alicorn Part 2: The Effects Of War - KingNyroc15



When a good colt goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, When a good colt goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, Night will fall and the dark will rise, When a good colt goes to war.

  • ...
30
 10
 663

Night Wing?

The next morning was calm and slightly warm. Sunlight shined into the library's lobby and brightly lit up the room. Soren groaned since the light was too bright, even for his closed eyes. After moving slightly, Soren noticed that the bright light was now being blocked by something. After slowly opening his eyes, Soren was greeted by a noise.

"SURPRISE!" cheered five voices. Soren screamed and teleported away. Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Luna look all around the room for Soren but couldn't see him. Pretty soon, Twilight Sparkle was on top of the staircase, rubbing the sleep away from her eyes.

"What...What are you girls doing here so early?" she said after a big yawn.

"It's not that early," Rainbow Dash said. "It's almost noon."

"Noon? Already?" Twilight noticed that Soren wasn't standing with everypony. "Was Soren gone when you all arrived?" Everyone started laughing.

"That colt disappeared on us after we scared him," Applejack explained while chuckling.

"I still want to know why you girls did that," said a voice above them. Twilight descended the stairs, and
the seven of them looked up to find that Soren teleported up to an empty bookshelf. The girls started laughing again.

"Forgive us, Soren," Luna apologized. "We wanted to see if you would be scared by the same trick twice." Luna started to hold back a laugh. "And it appears that it worked again." Soren rolled his eyes and teleported himself to the floor.

"Why are you all here?" Soren asked.

"We wanted to check on you after Rarity said you looked like you could barely stand," Rainbow Dash explained.

"It was nothing really. I just used some magic and felt fatigued afterwards."

"How did you became that tired after using magic?" asked Fluttershy.

"The same reason I become tired after using a lot of magic," Twilight explained. "If a unicorn exerts too much magic at one time, the unicorn's energy becomes completely drained as a result."

"Ohhh," the mares chorused. Soren looked at Luna and then flinched. She was giving him a certain look that he hated. Ever since they have been dating, Soren learned about the different looks and glares in Luna's arsenal, and this particular glare was the "tell them" glare.

"Should I?" Soren asked Luna, who nodded in reply. Everyone looked at Soren.

"Should you what, Soren?" Twilight asked. Soren sighed.

"Luna wants me to tell you all why I need the Doctor. I don't know why I was going to wait to tell you; I just wanted to. You see, I have a plan that involves him. I want the Doctor to take me to the past so I can find a book about the Natural Elements, if one even exists. I'm going to study and train in all of the elements, and when I'm done, we will come back so I can fight Night Wing. This is the only way to make sure I am prepared to fight her."

The girls stared at Soren for a few seconds before one of them said something.

"That is probably the smartest plan of action right now," Luna said. "What do the rest of you think?" Soren saw the look on Twilight's face and knew she had a question or two.

"Twilight?" Soren asked. "Any questions?"

"Will you be prepared for the danger that comes with traveling with him?" she asked.

"I'm pretty sure the Doctor and I can handle any situation." Soren looked at his other five friends. "Should I go through with this plan, girls?

"If it'll help ya," Applejack answered.
"Sounds dangerous," replied Fluttershy.
"Go for it," said Rainbow Dash.
"But I don't want you to leave," whined Pinkie Pie.

Twilight and Rarity haven't decided on an answer yet. It took a while before Rarity gave her answer.

"I shall vote after Twilight."

"I will only say yes if I can go with you two," Twilight answered.

"You know I would gladly bring you along, Twilight" Soren said, "but it's mostly up to the Doctor. I don't even know if he will want to follow this plan, but I guess we'll find out eventually."

"Alright."

"How about we all do something today?" Soren offered. "I've been studying for Celestia knows how long. I think I need a break." Everypony nodded and then Pinkie Pie exclaimed that they should all go to Sugarcube Corner. Smiling at their energetic friend, the eight friends left the library to spend the rest of the day with each other.

---------------------
Later That Night
---------------------

After spending the entire day with his friends, Soren was well spent, so he retired to his cloud house on the outskirts of Ponyville. He was laying on his bed as his eyes grew heavy. Refusing to stay up any longer, the white alicorn fell asleep. Soren had a new kind of lucid dream that night. He found himself in a circular room. As he looked closer, Soren realized that he was in a cave, and this cave had shady looking ponies all around him. Seeing as these ponies were shady looking and that they were in a cave, Soren could guess that these ponies are probably the Shadow Horses. Soren knew they couldn't see or hear him, so he decided to continue to examine the decently sized area.

After turning 180 degrees, Soren noticed a pony that was standing a lot closer to him than the others were. She was a pegasus mare with a grey coat, a light purple mane, and yellow serpentine eyes. She was also wearing some kind of armor that gave her what appeared to be bat wings.

"I'm waiting for you, Nyroc," the mare said. "We all are." Soren stared into the mare's eyes and saw something strange. He couldn't quite place it, but this mare was feeling something besides what she was projecting with her voice. Soren's eyes widened.

"Night Wing," Soren whispered as he woke up. "Was that Night Wing...in a different form or was that her true form? She looked less powerful in that state. Maybe when I fight her, I should try to get her into that form. When Night Wing looks like that, she almost looks...innocent. No! I can't start thinking like that! And I really gotta stop talking to myself."

Soren looked outside at the clear night sky and saw that it was still the middle of the night. After remembering that he should be focusing on finding the Doctor and asking him to help with his plan (and to ask if his special somepony can tag along), Soren was starting to fall back asleep.

The next dream Soren had was in the same location, except this time nopony was standing near him. He saw ponies on the other side of the room, so Soren simply watched and listened. Upon further investigation, Soren saw that Night Wing was sitting on a fancy chair of sorts. He noticed that she looked troubled.

"Are you alright, ma'am?" one of her guards asked.

"I'm fine, it's just that...that stallion that visited us—the one that was preaching to us—kind of got to me. What if he was telling the truth?"

"Nonsense. No pony can be stronger than you right now."

"That may be true, but that pony told us to quit now before we hit the point of no return. If he makes a threat like that, he has something, or someone, to back it up." Night Wing paused. "I say it doesn't matter. I've been around for at least two years and I can still say that even if I give up and try to live my life, I won't fit in anywhere. I was created by Nightmare Moon to resurrect her when she fell, yet...I want to be something more than just a mare whose only goal in life is to resurrect her queen."

Soren couldn't believe everything he was hearing. This went against everything anypony knew about the Nightmare Guardian! Soren's conscience and brain began fighting each other. As Soren continued to listen, his conscience wants him to try and talk to her so he can help her, while his brain is telling him that he still needs to defeat her if Equestria wants to be safe. Since Soren didn't know which part of himself to trust, he forced himself to wake up, even though he knew that that won't let him escape his thoughts on the matter.

Laying on his back, Soren stared at the puffy white ceiling in his room. He knew it was still nighttime but he refused to fall back asleep. Soren got out of bed and walked over to his bedroom window to stare at the stars and the crescent moon. The words that Night Wing said were etched into Soren's mind, and he couldn't force himself to think of anything else. Soren stood there for a few minutes before having the wonderful idea of training his speed to pass the time. 'I just hope I can make the right decision when the time comes.' With a distraction planned, Soren flew off into the night to occupy his time.