• Published 27th Jul 2013
  • 663 Views, 10 Comments

Soren The Alicorn Part 2: The Effects Of War - KingNyroc15



When a good colt goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, When a good colt goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, Night will fall and the dark will rise, When a good colt goes to war.

  • ...
30
 10
 663

Appreciation

Three days later, Soren awoke from his coma. He suddenly sat straight up and looked around the room. Soren noticed the clock on the wall; it was almost 3 o'clock.

"Am I in the real world now?" Soren whispered to himself. "It's gotta be."

"Soren!" The alicorn didn't have time to turn his head towards the voice, for he was bear-hugged within the next second. An ecstatic, pink pony was hugging Soren by his neck. Any normal pony would be choking by now, but since Soren has been hugged multiple times by Pinkie Pie, he got used to it.

"I'm happy to see you too, Pinkie Pie," Soren said. "Can you stop please?" Pinkie let go and stood by Soren's bed as the rest of his friends also crowded around him.

"How ya feelin'?" Applejack asked him.

"Perfectly fine." He looked at Rainbow Dash with a smirk. "I told you that you could trust me."

"Soren..." Twilight spoke up. Soren gave her his attention. "What happened in your coma? When you woke up suddenly, scaring us in the process might I add, you questioned if this was the real world."

"It doesn't matter."

"You're right," Rarity said. "You're awake and with us; that's all that matters."

"Yeah it does," Rainbow commented. "Let's leave this place."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Everypony looked at Fluttershy, who just spoke up. "It's just that Soren just woke up. Shouldn't he rest for just a teeny bit longer?"

"She has a good point," said Twilight. "Let's just wait awhile before leaving, just to make sure he's alright." Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash groaned. Even though the two mares wanted to leave, they still conversed with their friends for the next hour. It was amazing to all of them how they usually don't have much to talk about, yet they still manage to waste away hours. At the one hour mark, they decided to leave. Luck for them, the doctors allowed it.

"Hahaha, I've been here too many times," Soren laughed as he and his friends walked out of the building. "Granted it's not exactly healthy, but it's still funny, right? Girls?" Soren turned around and saw that all of his friends stopped walking. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, but there's something all of us need to do," Twilight explained. Soren raised an eyebrow. "We just want to show you how much we appreciate all the things you have done for us and for Ponyville."

"Oookay...who wants to go first?" Rarity raised her hoof elegantly. Before she walked over to Soren, she whispered something in Rainbow Dash's ear. The pegasus chuckled then nodded.

"Would you be a dear and stand still for me, Soren?" she asked. Soren nodded, so she proceeded to walk over to him. Standing perfectly still, Soren noticed that Rarity was not going to stop in front of him. While she smiled with her eyes closed, Rarity was about to walk past Soren. He was about to turn his head to look at her, but he felt something rub his chin. It felt soft and smooth, and it caused Soren to blush. Rarity had just flicked her tail to touch Soren's chin. Rarity turned just her head to look at Soren. Once they made eye contact, Rarity winked at him. Soren felt as though he was blushing more.

"Oh darn," Rarity said, giggling. "He only blushed, Rainbow Dash." Soren snapped his head towards Rainbow, who began laughing.

"Were you trying to do what I think you were trying to do?" Soren asked. Rainbow, trying to catch her breath, nodded. Soren sighed. "Whatever. Who wants to go next?"

"Ooo ooo, I do, I do!" Pinkie exclaimed while bouncing up and down. Realizing something, the pink mare stopped bouncing immediately. "Wait! I need something first. Be right back." And just like that, Pinkie zipped away with a poof.

"I guess I should ask who wants to go after Pinkie Pie." His friends exchanged glances and didn't say anything. "Does anyone want to go last?"

"I will," Rainbow answered. "Gotta save the best for last, am I right?"

"Fair enough." Pinkie Pie returned, rolling her party cannon towards Soren. "How did you get back so fast? You know what, never mind. So what's the plan, Pinkie?"

"I thought me and you could do something super amazing!" she replied. Stretching her forelegs to an unnatural length, Pinkie Pie brought Soren over to her. She began whispering her plan to him. The more of the plan she explained the bigger Soren's smile got. "Now get in the cannon!" she ordered happily. Soren saluted as a joke and hopped into her party cannon, which was pointed up.

"Pinkie Pie...are you sure that's such a good idea?" Twilight asked.

"I have no idea!" Pinkie replied with a laugh. Soren started laughing too as he poked his head out from the cannon and draped his forelegs over the rim of the barrel. Pinkie Pie then started to count down from five.

As soon as she said zero, Pinkie shot Soren out of the cannon. He soared higher and higher while he flapped his wings. When Soren reached his maximum speed, he performed a sonic boom. The air stream that was behind Soren turned into smoke, and instead of having a rainbow ring (like Rainbow's Sonic Rainboom) expand outward, Soren's blast shot out a ring of green fire. Within a few seconds, the alicorn landed near his friends. They quickly noticed that he was partially covered in soot. After noticing it himself, Soren shook it off.

"Well that was...different," Twilight commented. Pinkie Pie simply gave an innocent smile.

"That was pretty sweet," Rainbow said.

"Can I go next?" Applejack asked. Soren, of course, said sure. "I actually need to grab something also." Without another word, AJ was off. Soren, eyebrow raised, looked at Twilight.

"What?" she asked.

"This is becoming more of a talent competition than a display of appreciation. Whose idea was this anyway?"

"I noticed that as well, and it was the Doctor's idea that we do this for you. Is displaying talented tricks bad?"

"Not at all. I'm having a blast. I can't wait to see what the rest of you have planned. Twilight, Fluttershy, which one of you wants to go after Applejack?"

"I'm still debating it. What about you, Fluttershy?"

"I-I'd rather not go next," she stammered. Soren kept looking at her.

"Oh come on, Flutters. How about I think of something me and you can do?"

"Only if you want to. I won't stop you." Soren chuckled. 'She's so shy,' he thought...then another idea came to mind. 'I always wondered about something. Maybe now is a good time to try it out.' Soren quickly grabbed Fluttershy's hoof and brought her close.

"It's alright. I'll teach you that you don't need to be shy around friends. I hope you know how to dance because I barely do myself." Soren and Fluttershy then began to dance to the best of their abilities. Since Fluttershy was practically frozen, Soren took the lead the entire time. Their friends were entertained by their dance. They weren't bad, but they weren't experts. Soren attempted a few tricks (and some of them worked), but he mostly stuck to basic dance moves, like spins and a one-two step.

Once Soren and Fluttershy were done, the rest of their friends began clapping and laughing good-heartedly. When the applause died down, Twilight Sparkle walked over to Soren.

"I came up with something," she told him. Twilight began explaining her idea to Soren. He liked it; it involved a lot of teleporting. Applejack soon came back, but Soren asked her if she wouldn't mind letting Twilight go first. Applejack didn't care, so Soren and Twilight began their plan.

Soren started it by using his magic to launch Twilight in the air. She caught herself with magic and began to float. Soren jumped up and began teleporting rapidly. He started zig-zagging while teleporting. He never used his wings, yet he constantly moved up a foot before teleporting again. He was moving upward towards Twilight, and when he reached a certain height, Soren began flying. When it looked as though he was about to ram into Twilight, Soren teleported away. A cloud then randomly appeared on the ground below Twilight. Soren occupied this cloud by laying down on it; while he did this, his horn began to glow. Soren used his magic to give the floating Twilight a light shove, causing her spell to cease, causing her to start falling. The other mares simply watched their friend fall towards the ground. When she came close to the cloud and Soren, Twilight teleported away before she could hit the ground. Then she reappeared, standing on top of Soren's head with her hooves spread out in a "ta-da" fashion. After their flashy performance was over, the two friends walked back to their audience. Soren asked AJ, who had a hoof-sized red ball, to tell him her idea.

"Ever play a little game my family calls smackback?" she asked. Soren shook his head, so AJ began explaining what they would be doing. Her idea was simple enough. The two walked a fair distance away from each other then faced one another. "This is gonna be slightly different from the regular game," AJ explained as she held the ball, ready to strike it. "Let's see how many fancy moves ya got, Soren."

Applejack smacked the ball over to Soren, who had to react very quickly to prevent the speeding ball from slamming into his face. Hitting the ball into the air, Soren tried to keep an eye on it, but he found it difficult every time Applejack hit it back. She made the ball go ridiculously fast after every hit. After five hits from Applejack, Soren was starting to get the hang of it. Just when Soren was getting used to the game, AJ decided to put a spin on things. Every time the ball came her way, she hit it back in a skillful way using backflips, spinning hits, and even using her hat! Once the fancy tricks came out, the ball only stayed in the air for another minute before Soren missed it. He couldn't do nearly as many tricks as Applejack could.

"Hoo wee! Y'all lasted a lot longer than Ah thought you would." Applejack wiped away some beads of sweat even though the game didn't tire her that much. Soren,on the other hoof, looked beat.

"Yeah...I didn't think...I would last...that long...either." Soren said between breaths. He took a few seconds to take some deep breaths. "No idea why that tired me out so much. Let me take a breather before doing something with Rainbow Dash." The tired alicorn rested for a few minutes before finally asking Rainbow Dash what they will be doing together.

"All you gotta do is catch me," she explained with a smirk.

"A race? That's all?" Rainbow shook her head at him. Smiling, the pegasus shot to the sky. Everyone watched as their friend flew high in the sky and began to arc downward, away from them. A few more seconds passed before everyone figured out what Rainbow Dash meant by Soren 'catching her.'

"She's trying to kill me," Soren commented right before a boom was heard. Looking in the direction of Rainbow, Soren saw her Sonic Rainboom expanding in the sky. He soon saw Rainbow Dash flying parallel to the ground, going extremely fast towards him. 'Gotta think quick! How can I do this? Think. Think. Think!'

Soren came up with something, but he had no confidence that it would work. Readying himself, Soren began to use his magic on the area of the ground he was standing on. As Rainbow flew closer and closer to him, Soren became more and more nervous about the outcome of this. Rainbow flew straight into Soren...and he caught her. His catch caused them both to spin like a top on that one enchanted area of earth. The spell prevented the spinning from drilling into the ground, and it slowed Soren and Rainbow down quicker than their circular momentum would allow. When they stopped spinning, neither of them were dizzy. They stopped in a peculiar way as well. Rainbow Dash was facing Soren while she was leaned back, while Soren held her so she wouldn't fall backward. It was like that dancing position that certain couples end in. She looked at him, and he looked at her. Soren smiled.

"You're crazy," he chuckled right before he did something that shocked everyone there. He leaned in and kissed Rainbow Dash. She was surprised at first, but she soon kissed back. Their friends were struck with awe... except Rarity and Pinkie Pie, who both aww'd. Blushing slightly, Dash stood back up, and after looking at Soren for a bit, she began holding back laughter.

"What?" he asked, wondering why she was slightly ruining the mood.

"Your-Your wings..." she began laughing now. Soren looked at his wings to see them fully spread. It was his turn to blush now, but as he did, he also noticed something when looking at Rainbow.

"Well it looks like I'm not the only with extended wings."

"Oh, I already know they are...but mine didn't go first."

"What makes you say that?" Soren asked, blushing a little more.

"During our kiss, I had one eye open." Soren groaned in defeat.