• Published 27th Jul 2013
  • 663 Views, 10 Comments

Soren The Alicorn Part 2: The Effects Of War - KingNyroc15



When a good colt goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, When a good colt goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, Night will fall and the dark will rise, When a good colt goes to war.

  • ...
30
 10
 663

To Fix A Conscience

Rainbow stared wide-eyed at the scene before her. Soren blacked out after whatever the Doctor did to him. The Doctor got off of Soren and looked at Rainbow.

"What did you do to Soren?!" Dash demanded. The evil stallion chuckled once again.

"All I did was show him everything I went through to become discorded. He's still witnessing it as we speak, but he'll wake up eventually." The Doctor sat down yet held eye contact with the pegasus. "So I guess we have to wait for him to wake up since you agreed to not interfere."

"You don't expect me to believe that you're just going to sit there, do you?"

"My quarrel is with him, not you. I may be 'evil' but I'm still the Doctor. Bystanders get in the way only if you let them." Rainbow felt even more hatred for this discorded pony; she felt like snapping his neck. When she saw him starting to grin at her, Rainbow relaxed a little.

"This place is getting to me."

"Let it. Let the anger flow through you. You want to kill me, just like you did the Nightmare Guardian."

"I didn't want to!"

"Then why did you?" Rainbow was speechless after that. Luckily, Soren started to wake up. The Doctor walked away from Soren while motioning that Rainbow can see to him. The mare ran up to her friend; she quickly saw that he was still out of it. Rainbow began shaking Soren, but it didn't help.

"R-Rainbow...I-I need you to...do something for me," Soren said slowly. "I...need you to...hit me."

"How will that help?" she asked him.

"Just...do it!" Almost refusing his offer, Rainbow still obliged and smack him across the face. After the mule-smack, Soren was so full of energy that both Rainbow and the Doctor were surprised. He jumped up, did a flip in the air, and landed with a crazily energetic smile. "Now! Where were we?"

"Why do you seem hyper now?" the conscience asked.

"Well you see, I found inspiration through the many visions you forced me to see. It is because of that that I know the perfect way to get rid of you. Rainbow, come here." Soren pulled Rainbow in and whispered: "Get Twilight." Before Rainbow could ask how she could get Twilight, Soren grabbed her.

"You're going to hate me for what I'm about to do," he said before he lifted a hoof. Rainbow then found herself in Soren's room. She looked at the bedroom window and saw that it was now sunset. Looking at Soren's sleeping form, Rainbow thought one thing: 'That son of a mule actually hit me. I'll have to get him back.' She chuckled then flew out the window, heading towards the library.

-------------

Soren continued to fight the Doctor's conscience. He was once again pounding on the Doctor but the stallion was barely being hurt. Unfortunately, when the Doctor hit Soren, it hurt him as though a strong spell struck his body. Punches met punches, bucks met bucks, and eventually Soren was almost becoming too weakened to fight. Soren stumbled from another one of the Doctor's hits. The stallion took the opportunity to buck Soren square in the chin, sending him flying a decent amount of feet away.

"Soren!" a faint voice said. Soren tried to find the pony who shouted his name but he was too beat up to really focus. Eventually a figure rushed up to him; it was Twilight.

"Stay...back..." Soren commanded weakly. "When...the time...is right...I'll need...your magic." Soren strained very hard to stand up. He ultimately fell back down to the ground.

"Let Rainbow and I handle this. You're far too weak to fight." As Twilight stood over Soren, the Doctor began walking towards them.

"You need to...remember a spell...that can separate...a conscience from...a body." Before Twilight could say anything, she was sent flying by the Doctor slamming into her. The mare bounced on the ground twice before picking herself up. She looked at Soren and saw the Doctor hitting him. Soren felt like his time here was ending; he didn't know how much more he could take.

"Leave him alone!" Rainbow Dash shouted as she appeared from nowhere. The Doctor laughed and kicked Soren in his stomach.

"This is where it ends, little alicorn," he gloated. Rainbow started to fly at him, but she wasn't fast enough to stop what came next. The Doctor raised a hoof and slammed it as hard as he could into Soren's chest. The pain was so intense for Soren that he didn't move after that blow.

Rainbow Dash punched the Doctor a split second after his strike. She then landed next to Soren and lifted his head slightly. Soren struggled to look at her. When he did, he could see her fighting back. Rainbow has never seen him so weak before, neither has Twilight.

"You're going to be fine, Soren," she comforted, not entirely sure she was telling the truth. "This is almost over, and then you'll be fine." Soren cupped her face and smiled.

"Dear, sweet Rainbow Dash," Soren whispered. "I told you that the plan was flawless, yet you still doubt me." Using the last of his strength, Soren lifted his head and gave Rainbow a kiss on the cheek before drawing his last breath. Both Twilight and Rainbow were in complete shock about Soren.

'We're lucky I figured out what to do with the discorded Doctor,' she thought. Twilight walked over to a still, shocked Rainbow Dash, who was still holding Soren.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight yelled as she stood next to her. Rainbow slowly looked at Twilight "I need you to focus and help me here. You need to do something for me." As Twilight explained the plan to Rainbow, the Doctor grinned victoriously at Soren's dead body. The two mares used the distraction to their advantage. Rainbow grabbed Twilight and threw the mare up as high as she could. Rainbow then flew at the Doctor. Quickly noticing her, the stallion rushed forward and punched Rainbow in the stomach. As Rainbow grabbed her gut in pain, the Doctor noticed that Twilight was missing...but it was too late. The missing mare reappeared as she slammed on top of the Doctor. As she sat on top of him, Twilight head-butted him. She knocked herself out for a few seconds but that was all part of the plan. When she woke up, Twilight noticed her horn glowing.

"Perfect," she groaned, rubbing her head.

"What did you do?" Rainbow strained as she slowly got up.

"I made a spiritual connection with the conscience, that way I can bring him into the real world using a lot of my magic. Now would be a good time for us to wake up." Rainbow nodded, then the mares exited the lucid dream.

--------------

It was nighttime when the two mares found themselves in Soren's bedroom once again. Picking herself off of the floor, Rainbow grabbed her stomach. It was apparent that the Doctor's conscience wasn't lying when he said killing a conscience could kill the actual pony. Twilight, who also chose to sleep on the floor, stood up and walked over to a book on a nearby table. Rainbow watched as her friend casted a spell that looked like a stream of mist was entering the book. Once it was obvious that the spell was complete, Rainbow spoke.

"What did that spell do?" she asked Twilight.

"I used most of my magic to drag the Doctor's conscience into the real world. Surprisingly, he only appeared as a spirit because that was all that was left of him. I then used my remaining energy to send him into the nearest inanimate object of my choosing. I decided to send him into this book. I figured a spirit can't cause too much harm as paper."

As soon as she remembered what that spirit did to Soren, Rainbow quickly went to Soren and started shaking him. Twilight stood next to the bed and used her remaining bit of magic to scan his vitals. Since she was expecting the worst, Twilight gasped when she noticed something amazing.

"What is it?" Rainbow asked sadly.

"He's in a coma! H-How can that be? He died!"

"Shut up, Twilight!" Rainbow shouted while looking at her friend with teary eyes. "He didn't die, he just..." Rainbow turned her head back towards Soren. She then closed her eyes and looked down.

"You're right, Rainbow Dash. He didn't die...somehow. At least he's still alive. We need to take him to the hospital just to make sure he stays that way." Rainbow Dash continued to look at Soren. She eventually nodded in agreement, and the two mares brought their comatose friend to the Ponyville Hospital.