• Published 27th Jul 2013
  • 663 Views, 10 Comments

Soren The Alicorn Part 2: The Effects Of War - KingNyroc15



When a good colt goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, When a good colt goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, Night will fall and the dark will rise, When a good colt goes to war.

  • ...
30
 10
 663

The Detour

-------------------
Day of the Fire
-------------------

After Twilight and her friends encountered the hooded stallion, they gathered in the library to figure out what to do about him. They all agreed that they may know this stallion. With that in mind, the seven friends (including Spike) began to think.

"Twilight, any ideas on who this feller is?" Applejack asked Twilight Sparkle. Twilight hesitated before answering.

"I-I only recognize one of his voices," she replied. "One voice sounded like the Doctor for a few seconds."

"I heard that too!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. "But it can't be him. Soren stopped the Doctor from being a meany."

"Well who else could it be?" Rainbow Dash asked. The six mares began naming different ponies or different possibilities on what, or who, that pony was. Meanwhile, Spike walked up to Twilight and nudged her side. The purple unicorn looked at him.

"Yes, Spike?"

"I think I know who it could be," he said. Everypony became silent and stared at him. "Maybe it could be Soren." They all gasped in disbelief.

"Why would it be Soren?" Rainbow asked. Then everything began making sense for Twilight.

"Wait," Twilight interrupted. "Spike may be on to something. Do you girls remember that evil half of Soren we had to deal with? If you remember, we never stopped him; he just teleported away. What if he caught up with Soren and merged with him somehow?"

Everypony exchanged worried glances. They knew it had to be true; there was no other explanation. Seeing that her theory was most likely correct, Twilight sighed sadly. 'If only the Doctor was here.' As if answering Twilight's plea, the TARDIS could be heard landing in the library. Once his TARDIS landed, the Doctor, who was displaying a neutral expression, walked through the doors into the library.

"Hello, Twilight," the Doctor said with slight sadness in his voice. "I'm back from the Royal Palace." He began to notice everyone in the library. "Is something going on, or did I interrupt your daily hang out time?"

"Yes, Doctor, something is going on," Twilight replied. "You arrived at the perfect time."

"That tends to happen now and again. What do you all need help with?" Twilight then began to explain what happened in his absence, starting with the fire.

------------

'There she is. She's probably worried about me,' Soren thought while talking to Cain. The two of them were in Ponyville, looking at Rainbow Dash, who was standing on a random rooftop. Cain decided to come back to Ponyville, for he felt Soren needed some kind of closure. (He never told Soren but the truth is that Cain can't continue his plan if Soren is completely out of it. Although Cain has an evil plan, it doesn't mean he is completely heartless. Since Soren, who Cain technically calls a friend, was struck with that much emotional turmoil, Cain decided to help him by taking Soren to Ponyville to find a friend to give him comfort.) The "double-pony" alicorn continued to watch Rainbow Dash, who was looking up at the sky with a worried face. Soren assumed all of his friends were worried, but he knew Dash felt something more.

Since he wanted Rainbow to noticed him, Soren made noises on the roof he was standing. Rainbow looked in his direction, and Soren made sure to make eye contact with her. Soren calmly jumped off the roof, knowing Rainbow would follow him. Once he was on the ground, Soren chose to hide around a corner. Seconds later, he heard her land on the ground near him.

"Where are you?" she muttered to herself as she looked every which way. Soren didn't hesitate to reveal where he was hiding. Dash readied herself as she faced him. "So you decided to come out quietly? Who are you, and why are you here?!"

Soren remained silent and still. Rainbow Dash couldn't see under his hood, but she was determined to pull that thing off of his head. Accelerating forward via flying, the rainbow pegasus reached out for Soren's hood, only to miss because Soren teleported away. Recovering to the ground, Rainbow turned towards the hooded pony when he reappeared.

"Why did you start a fire near Ponyville?! Is that part of your plan?" she asked angrily. Instead of giving his friend an answer, Soren responded with another question.

"Did you make a promise to Princess Luna?" Soren asked. Rainbow Dash didn't appear to recognize his voice, but she did flinch back.

"How-How do you know about that?"

"What was the promise you made?" She was silent at first. Soren knew she didn't want to answer. "Can you at least tell me who the promise was for?"

"...It was about my friend, Soren." Soren didn't comment on that; he simply took one step closer to Rainbow.

"Rainbow Dash..." said Soren, taking another step towards her. This alone made Rainbow take a defensive position again. "You know that deep down, a part of you trusts me right now. I also know you are wondering why that is."

Dash cancelled her defensive pose and sat down with wide eyes. She then looked down as if ashamed. Soren began slowly walking closer. Hearing footsteps, Rainbow snapped her head up and saw Soren slowly closing the distance between them. She must have sensed no danger from him because she continued to sit there and make eye contact.

"I know about the promise you made ," Soren explained while looking at her rose-colored eyes. Dash remained silent, but attentive. "You promised the princess that you would cherish that friend of yours." Now Rainbow became shocked. Soren sat in front of her, and he put a hoof on her shoulder. "Don't be afraid." Soren proceeded to use his other hoof to grab his hood and pull it down. Rainbow gasped when she saw that it was Soren all along, just like Spike predicted.

"Hello, Rainbow Dash," Soren said softly. "Long time, no see." Soren saw Rainbow shed a tear. He wasn't sure if it was because of the fact that he was the one that nearly burned down Ponyville or if she was just that happy to see him.

"S-Soren? Why are your eyes different colors?"

"Oh yeah...that. I'll start from the beginning." Soren then began explaining everything to Rainbow. From what happened after he teleported away from his friends to how Cain promised to help him.

Once Soren was done explaining everything, the two ponies heard their friends calling for Rainbow Dash. Soren did a few things before he left. While he put his hood back on, Soren explained to Dash that their friends will immediately know the hooded pony is him. Soren then hugged her and whispered "Don't forget to cherish me." After that, he jumped back into a fighting position so it would look like the two of them were about to fight. Their five friends ran up to the scene and gasped. Continuing with the plan, Soren looked behind him to stare at his friends. After giving a smile that his friends could see, Soren used magic to rip slits into the fabric where his wings were. He then spread said wings and made them look as large as possible.

"Ooo," Pinkie Pie said.
"Wow," Rarity commented.

Soren shot into the air. He took one last look at the six mares below and flew off. Meanwhile, Twilight Sparkle ran over to Rainbow Dash.

"Did he hurt you? What happened?" Twilight flooded Rainbow with questions, but the cyan pegasus remained seated on the ground, looking at the sky.


------------------
The Next Day
------------------

The Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters is a ruin of legend. It was where Celestia and Luna ruled before Nightmare Moon was born. After sending the evil mare to the moon, Princess Celestia and her subject traveled to the largest mountain nearby to create a place of security and safety, of beauty and grace. As the ponies continued to build the capital of Canterlot, the Castle of the Royal Sisters was left to wither away in time. To this day, the castle shows its age, yet it still has beauty. Wether it be the architecture or the history hidden within, the ancient castle is another spot in Equestria with unmatched beauty of its own category.

But within this historical castle, an alicorn continues to practice his magic under the guidance of a sinister spirit. 'Again,' the spirit mentally said to the white alicorn. The alicorn sent a stream of magic into a nearby piece of rubble. He was attempting to explode it from the inside, to no avail. After a nonstop hour of practicing the same spell, the alicorn decided to give up for now. He walked over to an intact wall to sit down and lean against it. Breathing heavily, Soren looked up at the night sky. There were countless stars that could be seen and a full moon that illuminated the land below. Using the break to his advantage, Soren began 'talking' to Cain.

'So Cain?'

'What is it?'

'Can you tell me what your plan is now?'

'If you really want to know. My plan is to make sure I stay with you forever. More accurately: I would be taking over your body.'

'What?! But I've read that spirits have to abide by their oaths!'

'Obviously you don't know what kind of spirit I am then. I'm not a normal spirit, I'm a discorded spirit. We go by a separate set of rules, albeit some are the same. Although it is true that I will be forced to leave your body after you help me, my plan is to make a paradox out of our agreement.'

'What do you mean? What's the point of the making a paradox out of this?'

'Hahaha, and here I thought the Doctor taught you everything about time travel. I'll explain: Since we made an oath that allows you to be free of me when you help me, if I manage to follow through with my plan, then it will create a paradox. I will be with you forever, yet the oath will try to force us to separate. Tell me, do you know what a Reaper is?'

'No.'

'Once a fracture of any kind, in this case a paradox, appears in the time line, a few Reapers will appear from the Time Vortex to "sterilize" the disturbance, devouring everything in its path until the problem is solved.'

"So you plan to destroy this entire world?!" Soren asked out loud now. "How do you know about all of this anyway?"

"You can learn a lot from being in the head of a Time Lord for a long time."

"So that's why the Doctor became discorded. But how did you have a body when the Doctor was still discorded?"

"Technically he wasn't discorded anymore at that point. He just believed he was." Soren remained silent. He had to stop Cain, but how? Suddenly, Soren's head started to hurt. As Soren grabbed his head, Cain began mentally laughing.

'My plan is almost complete, Soren. Ever since I merged with you, I have been slowly taking over. In a few days, we will be one, but I assure you that I will be in control. You'll just be a lonely thought in my newly acquired mind.'

Soren sighed. 'If only the Doctor was here.'