• Published 27th Jul 2013
  • 663 Views, 10 Comments

Soren The Alicorn Part 2: The Effects Of War - KingNyroc15



When a good colt goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, When a good colt goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, Night will fall and the dark will rise, When a good colt goes to war.

  • ...
30
 10
 663

The Impossible Stone

After Soren flew away from his friends after talking to Rainbow Dash, Twilight and the girls bombarded her with questions. Luckily for her, everyone else figured out that the hooded pony was indeed Soren, but she still had to assure them that he wasn't going to hurt her. Rainbow Dash then explained everything about what Soren's cloak does and why Soren is trusting Cain.

"What were you two talking about before we arrived?" Rarity asked Rainbow.

"He explained what was going on and made me promise to not forget to cherish him," she answered. Rarity and Pinkie Pie aww'd at the same time.

"Well now we have to help him somehow," Twilight Sparkle commented. "Cain is inside his head and is working on some kind of plan."

"I don't think we can do anything to help him, unless you know a spell that can remove a spirit from a body without harming the host."

"Sadly, I don't. That would require impossible feats of magic that only the princesses have."

"Why don't we just ask them for help?" Fluttershy asked.

"The Doctor said he should handle it, and I trust that stallion with my life." Finding an impasse in the road, the six mares decided to wait and see what would happen during the next few days.

-------------
The Next Night, Castle Of The Royal Pony Sisters

'Tonight's the night. Tonight I lose my body,' Soren thought, trying to cope with the inevitable. It was the night following Cain's revelation of his plan, and Soren was nowhere near confident that he could stop this. Even as seconds went by, he could feel Cain inching his way to complete control of Soren's body. Soren looked to the sky for comfort. He watched the sun set as he felt Cain taking the last steps to spiritual and physical domination. Soren noticed that Cain wasn't saying anything. He figured the spirit must be fully concentrating on completing the process.

Wrreeorp Wrreeorp Wrreeorp

Soren's head snapped up. 'He came?' He noticed that Cain still has yet to notice anything outside of his concentration. Soren looked around and finally caught a glimpse of the TARDIS in the corner of the throne room they were currently in. The doors opened and the Doctor ran out of them. After making sure the doors closed behind him, the Doctor turned to face a still Soren.

"Cain!" he shouted louder than Soren would ever expect from him. Soren felt his spirit drop. He had now lost control of his body entirely. Cain now had the physical control, but not yet the mental control. "Oh good, you did hear me. Now I'll give you once last chance: Get out of Soren."

"And why would I do that?" Cain replied. "I'm so close to unleashing a horde of Reapers upon Equestria. Why stop now?" As Cain and the Doctor spoke, their words slowly became whispers to Soren. Soren was truly becoming just a thought in the back of his own mind. He quickly gave up trying to hear what they were saying, so instead he focused on what was happening.

"I'm warning you, Cain," the Doctor threatened. "You inspired me to be less merciful when dealing with lost causes such as yourself."

"Lost causes?" Cain laughed. "Why that hurts, Doctor. Already giving up on persuading me to stop my actions? I've seen your memories, I've seen the things you've done...and caused. And here you are, losing sight of everything you once stood for. I bet you don't even have a solid plan to attempt to defeat me."

"Oh but that's where you're wrong. I do have a plan, and it's absolutely brilliant!" The Doctor pulled something out of his brown mane. It was a light blue rock in the shape of an eight pointed star. "Do you know what this is, Cain? I bet you don't. This is what's going to help me save Soren...by allowing me to use magic!"

"Well take your best shot, Doctor. No amount of magic can stop me anyway, at least not without hurting Soren." Being overconfident, Cain only stood there and watched as the Doctor sat down to pull out his sonic screwdriver. He then used the device on the stone, and soon magical aura flowed out of the stone and began swirling around the Time Lord.

Not wanting to take a chance, Cain sent a dark bolt of magic at the Doctor, who in turn jumped to the side, dodging the bolt.

"You don't realize how flawed your plan is, do you?" the Doctor asked. "All I have to do is use this magic to absorb your soul."

"That magic can't be anywhere near that powerful!"

"But you don't even know the name of the stone. It's called Lapidem de Impossíble."

"What?"

"'The Impossible Stone,'" the Doctor said in a more serious tone.

With a explosive burst of magic, the Doctor sent a stream of magic at Cain. Eyes widening, Cain teleported out of sight. A few seconds passed, and the Doctor didn't see or hear Cain reappear. Knowing the spirit was around somewhere, the brown stallion began talking to him.

"I wasn't lying when I said your plan is flawed, Cain. The second I absorb your soul, the paradox you had planned will be cancelled, which means the Reapers won't show up, thus ruining your plans."

Out of nowhere, the Doctor felt magic envelop him. He was then levitated halfway to the ceiling. Cain reappeared and looked at the Doctor with a smirk. Luckily the Doctor knew the physics behind telekinesis. Using his sonic screwdriver again, the Doctor disrupted the waves that are used to hold an object in place. To retaliate, Cain quickly shot a fireball at the Doctor, and the brown pony was surprised by the appearance of said fireball. Cain had just shot a green fireball, which the Doctor rolled away from.

Growing angry, Cain gathered a huge amount of magic and surrounded himself with it. Dark portals starting appearing around him. Once he was ready, Cain exploded a burst of dark magic at the Doctor, sending hundreds upon hundreds of black bolts at him. Acting quickly, the Doctor dove behind a nearby pillar. As bolts were being slammed against the pillar, the Doctor slowly made his way near Cain while staying behind pillars. The room had eight total pillars, 4 on opposite sides of the room, and 2 were close enough to Cain that the Doctor could probably tackle him.

Cain was about to cast another strong spell to destroy the pillars the Doctor was hiding behind, but he was distracted when a small rock was thrown at his face. Then, out of nowhere, a lasso made of pure energy wrapped around Cain and tied him up. The Doctor took the random opportunity to run up to the evil pony, but before the Doctor could reach him, Cain created a dark bubble shield around himself.

"So, Doctor, how resilient are you?" Cain asked with a wicked grin. The Doctor was confused by the random question. He didn't have much time to think about what Cain said, for another voice shouted at him from nearby.

"Doctor, Cain is about to use a Nova Spell!" The Doctor turned to see none other than Twilight Sparkle running up to him. She came up to his side and stood by him.

"Are you strong enough to create a shield to protect the two of us?" asked the Doctor.

"Let's find out!" Twilight and Cain said simultaneously. Both of the magical ponies casted their spells at the same time; Twilight created a barrier around her and the Doctor, while Cain exploded a wave of terribly powerful magic towards them.

Twilight gasped as Cain's spell impacted with hers. She began to struggle to hold back the nova, but she knew she could do it. Although she was keeping the spell at bay, Twilight didn't know how long her shield would last. During the spells' conflict, something caught the Doctor's eye. He noticed that Cain had very intense, glowing eyes.

"He's not in control anymore," the Doctor commented out loud. "His magic is."

"Lies!" Cain shouted. "I control this magic. It doesn't control me!"

'He actually thinks he can control this magnitude of magic?' the Doctor thought.

"I'll show you what true magic looks like!" Twilight shouted with confidence. The unicorn began focusing, eyes glowing, while she gathered some magic. Once her horn was surrounded with bright white aura, Twilight released the spell she prepared. The spell created a tornado that captured Cain and brought him into the sky. The tied up pony went up higher and higher into the funnel. Once Cain was very high above the ground, lightning began to strike everywhere inside. Cain was instantly struck by one and then another and then another. He screamed in pain as a barrage of lightning struck him in multiple locations on his body.

Once Cain's screaming eventually faded away, Twilight ended her spell. When the tornado was gone, Cain's body fell to the ground in front of them. Silence filled the room, but not entirely. As Twilight breathed heavily from her use of magic, a small buzzing sound could be heard inside the throne room. The Doctor look at his hooves to see that his sonic screwdriver has been going off this entire time...and it was activating the Impossible Stone. He must have dropped the items in shock when Cain went power crazy. Picking up both items, the Doctor turned towards the unconscious Cain and walked over to him. He proceeded to put the stone on the pony's forehead, then he activated his screwdriver. A shadow could be seen leaving Soren's body and moving up the Doctor's legs into his head. Immediately, the Doctor groaned and began holding his head.

"Doctor!" Twilight exclaimed.

"I'm fine, I'm-" he gulped. "-fine. Just...a headache is all. How's Soren doing?" Twilight walked over to Soren, whose ears began twitching. The purple unicorn smiled that her friend was fine after all of this.

Eventually Soren slowly stood up. He immediately saw the Doctor and Twilight, so he smiled. When he tried to walk over to them, Soren nearly fell over, but he was caught...by a wing. Looking to his left, Soren saw Rainbow Dash staring at him.

"Are-Are you Soren?" she asked nervously. She obviously saw how powerful Cain was in Soren's body, and she didn't want a front row seat if he decided to attack her.

"Look at my eyes for the answer," Soren responded weakly. Rainbow Dash continued to lock eyes with Soren. "What do you see?"

"I see...a pony who has gone through too much these past few days." Smiling, Rainbow Dash hugged Soren. When she broke her hug with Soren, Rainbow looked at Twilight. "Everypony is waiting in the next room." Twilight nodded and began helping the Doctor into the next room. Now alone, Soren spoke to Rainbow once again.

"Did you really miss me that much?" he asked. Rainbow frowned for a second and lightly punched Soren in his leg.

"Of course I did! We all did! Every one of us were worried about you." Soren didn't respond with words; he responded with another hug. He was surprised how hard Dash hugged back. The hug broke once again, leaving the two friends to face each other, except Soren started to sway.

"We...will have time to talk later...because right now...I think I need...to...rest." Soren fell forward and fainted.