• Published 25th Jul 2013
  • 1,268 Views, 46 Comments

Most Wonderful of Nights - Verge77



Nightmare Moon defeted Celestia before she had the chance to send her to the moon.

  • ...
6
 46
 1,268

Magic School

"How are this years initiates captain?" Chrysalis asks approaching one of Night's royal guard. In the traditional style of the Night Guard the unicorn wore purple armour and carried a hefty spear. His fur grey and eyes like snakes similar to the other night guardsmen.

"My Queen!" the unicorn bows. "This batch of unicorns are some of the best we've seen in a long time" the guard says raising to his hooves again.

"And what of the one I spoke of?" Chrysalis asks placing a hoof on the windowsill next to her.

"The young one? She has exceptional skill with magic for her age" The guard states with intent.

"Is that so?" Chrysalis turns to him with an interested look "and what skills might she have?" She asks looking back out the window.

"She learned teleportation within a cycle" the guard notes still sounding impressed.

"Hmm?" Chrysalis looks back over to him "teleportation in only 24 hours?"

"Yes my Queen. She got the technique down before the other students" he says with confidence.

"Bring her to me" Chrysalis commands.

The night guard salutes her and gallops away down the hall.

***

Twilight was coaxed into Chrysalis's chamber and the door was shut behind her.

The room was dark apart from a few green glowing orbs on the walls. The floor was solid but strangely soft under hoof. The walls and floor were completely dark grey and shone where the light hit them. There was a book case and desk in the far corner with books spread over it like someone was researching something.

"U-umm... Q-queen?" she whined.

"Over here child" Chrysalis was sitting at a small dining table able to fit 6 people.

The table was some kind of black resin with a small green orb in the centre.

"Come, sit" Chrysalis motions toward the seat at the head of the table opposite her.

Twilight obliges and takes her place at the table. She fidgets nervously before asking "I-is there something you needed from m-me my Queen..."

"Relax Twilight... I asked you here to offer you something" Chrysalis smiled.

Twilight looked slight confused "M-me? But I'm nothing special..." she lowers her ears and looks down.

"Oh but you are. You're a fast learner and you have a great magic about you I sensed when we first met. How would you like to study magic in the royal academy of which you would be the only member. Royal privileges, access to the archives and libraries and direct contact with myself and Queen Nightmare" Chrysalis smiled looking at the small unicorn.

"Y-you want me to become a great unicorn?" Twilight asks.

Chrysalis just smiled.

Twilight sat in silence thinking of her answer. She wanted to, but was it really all she had hopped? "A-alright..." She agreed.

Chrysalis nodded "Very well, my guards shall take you to your room" Chrysalis watched as Twilight was lead out of her chamber. She now had what she needed.