• Published 17th Jul 2013
  • 3,977 Views, 31 Comments

The Bradical Adventures of Twilight Sparkle & Flash Sentry: The Book of StarSwirl - Chelis



Twilight Sparkle, Spike, and Flash Sentry go deep into the Griffon Kingdom to recover a lost book from a young Starswirl the Bearded.

  • ...
67
 31
 3,977

#8. Brad to the Future

"There it is, the griffon’s capital. Too big and too French for anyone to pronounce," Gilda said.

They were on a edge of a cliff, overlooking the grand valley of the Kingdom. On the other side of the valley was the capital, its many pillars of stone sticking out of the rocks and standing right above the tree line.

They left that morning in a hail of goodbyes from their newfound friends and continued their trek through the mountain passes and valleys of the inner kingdom. By the time they had arrived, they were ready to go into the city and get some food.

"I can smell the Hayburgers all the way from here!" Twilight cheered, salivating at the lips.

"Well, have fun without me. Smell ya later!" Gilda said as she prepared to fly back in the direction of the village.

"Wait! Why don't you join us?" Spike asked.

"Something, something... Dead or alive," Gilda mumbled. "Besides. I have someone to see in the village."

"I see someone got some..." Flash snickered.

Gilda's face became red as she flew off, leaving the two ponies and dragon to fend themselves in the strange land of the griffons. As they watched her sail into the morning light, Flash only had to snicker.

"I so caught her going into the bedchambers of one of the younger hunters in town," Flash said with glee.

Twilight giggled while Spike shrugged.

"You see Spike, when mommy and daddy-"

"Yes! I know...... I got 'The Talk.'" Spike grumbled.

"Well, by ‘The Talk' he ran into one of my advanced biology textbooks." Twilight confessed. "It was...."

"Painfully awkward?"

"Yep."

The three chuckled in unison before looking on at the city before them.

"You ready, Princess?" Flash asked.

"I'm a bit nervous. I have never met a ruler of a different nation without Princess Celestia by my side.”

"Well, at least you have me." Flash grinned.

"Corny. But cute. Alright, lets go. Sooner I get my hoof on a hayburger the better I will be."

They galloped off the cliffs, diving head first and picking up speed on the drop only feet from the sharp rocks of the cliff face. Their manes and tails were flapping wildly behind them as they expanded their wings and pulled up, narrowly missing the rocks. They flew up with an even greater intensity, allowing their bellies to feel the brushing sensation of the pine thistles as they barely cleared the canopy of the trees. As they got closer, it looked like the city was surrounded by gnats. As the hour dragged on and the distance to the city

The gnats became bigger as time went on, eventually becoming the heavily packed skies that was the capital. Griffons of all colors and social status were sharing the skies, even if there was disdain for other griffons who were "different." For that reason, it was no surprise that the two ponies and dragons were the center of everyone's attention.

Unlike their fellow species, there was not disgust to the three, but worry and fear.

"Well, they're screwed." A griffon said to another in passing.

"Now he is going after Princesses too?" Another wondered out loud.

"This is going to lead to war, I know it!" A more well-off griffon complained to his wife.

"What is all this about?" Twilight whispered to Flash, while at the same time looking for somewhere to eat.

"I don't know, but it worries me. It's just like in the port city. Remember? no ponies? Every-"

"Wait! I smell food!" Twilight elated as she sniffed around, like a bloodhound smelling the trail of its master’s kill. "It's coming from... There!" Twilight bellowed, pointing her hoof at a ordinary looking pillar of rock. It was hollowed out at certain points. "Let's go!" Twilight commanded as she locked her hoof with Flash's, dragging him down with her into the delicatessen.

***

"B-but it smelled so good!" Twilight moaned, looking at the bowl filled with a white stew that had different animal parts in it. The waitress agreed to take it back to the kitchen to remove the meat and add the vegetables that the griffons never ate exclusively.... For extra bits of course.

"Anyway, did you see what I was talking about earlier?" Flash asked.

"All I wanted was some carrots, apples, or maybe even a whole potato...."

"Twilight!" Flash barked.

"Oh, sorry... I guess? I noticed it, but what does it mean?"

"I guess we’ll find out when we see the king." Flash said, waiting patiently for his bowl as well.

Their stew arrived and they were elated. Carrots, leeks, potatoes upon potatoes, a whole cabbage, zucchini, and a exotic fruit known as chayote were diced and sprinkled into the mixture

They wasted no time in chowing down. Twilight did not even use her magic, she dropped her face down and began to nibble at the first thing her mouth touch, letting go of her new title as Princess and embracing good cuisine. It took them minutes to finish the more than healthy portion of food but elected to sit on their bench for a little while longer. Spike continued to chow down on his own bowl of gems.

"So, what is the king like?" Flash asked. “You said you met him at a social gathering with Princess Celestia before.”

"Well, you are about to find out!"

All three turned their head to see a larger, bulkier griffin. His mere sight had even the meanest looking griffin cowering in place. He was covered in gold armor, his wings capped by a gold exoskeleton. His claws were also capped with gold but were as sharp as blades. Behind him were two other griffons covered in steel armor.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle, my name is Rainier. I am the first Griff-at-Arms for the king of our land. You need to come with us."

Author's Note:

Don't mind me, trying to wrap this story up.