• Published 17th Jul 2013
  • 3,972 Views, 31 Comments

The Bradical Adventures of Twilight Sparkle & Flash Sentry: The Book of StarSwirl - Chelis



Twilight Sparkle, Spike, and Flash Sentry go deep into the Griffon Kingdom to recover a lost book from a young Starswirl the Bearded.

  • ...
67
 31
 3,972

#5. World of Warbrad

Author's Note:

I created a Skype group for fans, pre-readers, proofreaders, editors and people who can help me and everyone else in the chat become better in writing. If you want to join this group (and Skype is free to get and register btw) add me (louisros1990 is mine skype) and tell me you want to join the group.

It took around half an hour for the three to disembark the airship. In reality, they could've left the second the ship hit the air dock. The holdup was Twilight double and triple checking her and Flash's gear. The problem was they did it last night: all 8 times of it. "One last time, pinky promise," Twilight said as she removed all of their gear from their saddles and it all went crashing down on the deck of the ship. Flash forward to the present they walked the bridge down towards the airship docks and awaiting them were four Griffons with armor and spears at the ready; as well as a well dressed griffon that proclaimed to be a member of the king's counsel.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle, we do not believe you should be in our land," The Griffon in the gold and black robes told the princess.

"I don't understand, we sent a request to King Griffonmange and he agreed let us come," Twilight said in surprise.

The nervous dignitary continued: "He might want you here, but we don't. Please leave the kingdom and tell your ruler and her subjects to never come back. It's in the best interest for both of our species." The Griffon walked ever so slowly towards the princess, with a scared look on his face. His advance was stopped by Flash; armed with a spear cradled by one of his wings standing in the way between the Griffon and Twilight.

"That's close enough, pal," A determined Flash said with his raised spear, backing off the dignitary and causing his guards to raise their spears at the pony, causing the armed escorts overlooking the entire event from the deck of the ship to lean back, with their spears in their mouths or wings ready to lunge at the Griffons.

The dignitary sighed "You choose this; not I" as he nodded to his guards, three of them lowered their spears as the last one immediately took off to the tiny dot on top of the massive mountain overlooking the port. "That Griffon is now going to deliver a relay to the king of your arrival, Welcome to the Griffon Kingdom," he said as we flew off the dock with the rest of his guards.

"You ok Twilight?" Flash said looking back to the princess.

"I'm okay, but I can't help feel he was trying to warn us not to scare us," Twilight responded, making sure the baby dragon next to her was ok as well.

"If he did, he couldn't have told us to our faces. Those guards don't exactly look like his best friends," Flash commentated.

The bustling port and its inhabitants were all dressed in either elegant silk robes, surrounded by their family and the many servants from their estates carrying the family's many belongings as they went shopping or the ones in wool rags following the families asking for a coin or two to spare. There were merchants screaming in front of their stalls advertising the diverse crafts they produce. In the crowds were Nobles along the streets, with a coin bag with them looking for their next meal or something to bring home. The most eloquently dressed were the clergy with a unique satchel on them with a slot, looking for generous Griffons with money willing to cleanse their souls for a small fee. The streets were cobblestone and massively uneven. It wasn't rare to see a Griffon or a pony who weren't watching where they were going take a stumble on the streets, generating some laughter from passersby. The buildings were all mostly wooden two-story structures with hay roofs.

In the midst of the bustling street; Flash Sentry used his wing to pull a note from his bag and began to read the checklist: "So next stop is the...all right! The town's tavern! There we should get a guide and..." He couldn't finish it because Twilight used her magic to take the piece of paper from his wing

"I can read, thanks," Commented the princess.

Continuing on their way, Flash decided to try to break the ice; Since you know: being strictly business isn't exactly how you would typically pick up mares, even one who was so "strictly business" as Twilight Sparkle: "So....did you like the show I did earlier?" Flash asked blushing, the smell of spaghetti in the air from the small cafe they were passing.

"It was ok," Twilight said not taking her eye from the scroll.

"Oh, ok. so umm... nice weather today, isn't it?" Flash said, deciding to give it another go.

"Sorry Flash, I have to finish this, we can talk later" Flash walked a little bit slower just so he can head his head in shame, and looked to see all the ponies who was looking on to this awkward moment and decided to look around. "Wait just one moment." Twilight was too busy reading the letter to not smell the lavender smell of Flash's shampoo, and blushed to see the Pegasi practically cheek to cheek with her.

"Um Flash, isn't this too close-"

"Shh Princess, look around you," Flash whispered to the princess, with Spike even leaning in eager to listen. "They say this is a town with many species right?" Twilight nodded looking deep into the eyes of the person she once had feelings for and the spark that was in his eyes "But, there's something missing." He added.

Twilight looked around and even though it was hard for her to see it at first, even she realized it:

"We are the only ponies here, where is everybody?" Twilight Sparkle asked looking around at all the Griffons and the lack of ponies: which the port boasted as one of the largest populations of ponies outside of Equestria.

"That's one reason why we were sent princess. Now look at the griffons, they are looking at us. They don't have anger or hatred, but pity TOWARDS us." Flash observed. Twilight looked again at the faces: Pity and sadness towards the two ponies and the baby dragon trotting down the street as if they were the last of their kind in the world.

They found the tavern, well fond was an understatement. The stench of mead can be smelled a few hundred feet away, drunken griffons stumbling about and talking about the princess's arrival in slurred speech. Finding a table in the confusion of the drunken singing and loud conversations inside was difficult but not impossible. The dragon and the princess took a seat on the rough, wooden blocks that was supposed to be griffon hospitality. "Keep an eye out while I find us a guide," Flash said as he took off to the bar section.

Twilight looked at her surroundings and although she didn't feel exactly safe: "Good thing Flash is with us, this place isn't what you exactly would call 'cozy.'"

Spike irked an eyebrow "Twilight, you were trying to make up excuses to leave him our room a few hours ago! Are you trying to magically fall in love with Flash just so Chelis doesn't have to take the time to explain why you might have feelings for Flash Sentry?"

"That's ridiculous Spike: why would I let a pepper make me fall in love with Flash?" Twilight scoffed.

Spike surrendered "Yep, you have no idea what I'm talking about."

Both were interrupted by Flash Sentry introducing them to their guide. Problem was the Griffon had a familiar face, which caused them to almost jump out their blocks "G-Gilda!?" they both screamed in surprise.