• Published 17th Jul 2013
  • 3,972 Views, 31 Comments

The Bradical Adventures of Twilight Sparkle & Flash Sentry: The Book of StarSwirl - Chelis



Twilight Sparkle, Spike, and Flash Sentry go deep into the Griffon Kingdom to recover a lost book from a young Starswirl the Bearded.

  • ...
67
 31
 3,972

#2. Brad Enough

As far as losing her cool goes: Twilight Sparkle could handle a deranged moon princess, a traveling magic show off, the spirit of chaos, a Changeling invasion, a mute king, a bratty she-demon/schoolgirl, whatever. Then again, dealing with the dreamiest pony in her brother's kingdom is an entirely different ball game.

With Spike by her side, they made the long but beautiful trip from the station to the castle. The Princess and the baby dragon took in the beauty that was the Crystal Empire. The Crystal Ponies were doing their usual activities: walking, shopping, and generally enjoying the beautiful day. The two made it to the castle without any major distractions or problems from the locals, well minus someone yelling in the background. The yelling sounded like her brother, but no it couldn't have been. Shining Armor never swears Twilight thought to herself.

The usual sound of trumpets made their way across the throne room to announce Twilight's arrival. Other than the guards and their horns, the only other pony in the massive room was the beautiful Princess Cadence. Due to the fact that this was the first time in months she saw her sister-in-law and with it also being a less than formal visit; They reverted back to their age-old routine of greeting each other with a small playful song that Cadence taught Twilight when she was younger. This song and dance had concluded with a fit of giggles before they went back to business. "I can't believe Celestia is sending you to the Griffon Kingdom, I've heard stories about that place, none of them any good," Cadence said with a heavy heart.

"That's why she sent me. She said that she couldn't trust anyone else with an artifact this important" Twilight replied, wearing those words as a badge of honor

...

He didn't know how Shining Armor did it, but Flash Sentry was awoken before dawn with the prince breathing down his neck literately, and in his own residence.

"Wakey wakey, get the fuck up!" Shining Armor yelled at the Pegasus still trying to get up.

"Sir?" the Pegasus asked; still disoriented from being awoken hours before he was to report for his shift.

"You and me have some things we need to do. Come with me, Flash," Prince Shining Armor demanded as he made his way towards the door with a still tired Flash Sentry and a few of the Crystal Kingdom's top military officers not far behind.

Flash Sentry and Shining Armor spent the next eight hours in drills, going over contingency plans, relearning and re practicing hoof to hoof combat. Mainly, Shining Armor was giving Flash Sentry everything he learned from basic training that took one year and crammed it to less than a day.

Towards the middle of the day, Flash was busy with 500 laps while Shining Armor laid down the rules "If you lose sight of her even for a second: That's 500 laps. If you talk back to her: That's 500 laps. If you put her in any dangerous situations: That's 500 laps. If you disobey her: That's 500 laps. If you don't taste her food before she eats it: That's 500 laps. If you break her heart: I will personally shove my hoof up your ass. Then I will make you run 500 laps."

The seats of the track field were packed with members of Sentry's guard company. These young and elite guards either on break or on their day off were looking on and speculated as to what Flash gotten himself into to deserve this punishment. Five minutes earlier, Flash was strapped to the dizzytron at extreme speed. Even at this point, Flash was still hanging on to his sanity and his nonexistent breakfast and lunch.

Flash's company commander was an old, cranky, and opinionated earth pony. Even at this point he decided that even if he loved pushing his men to the limit: he had enough. "Sir!"

"Release!" Yelled the prince.

...

As Princess Cadence returned to sit on her throne, she cleared her throat and spoke as royally and official as she could once she took a seat and viewed a smiling Twilight and Spike below her: "Princess Twilight Sparkle, for your expedition to the Griffon Kingdom: I, Princess Cadence of the Crystal Kingdom, wishes you a safe trip and presents you a gift: A member of our elite company to guard you on your travels!"

Twilight's heart skipped a beat Yes! Yes! Yes! She smiled in anticipation.

"Unfortunately, he is out sick, so we are giving you someone else," Cadence said with a devilish grin. "Because of what I saw after you came back from the portal AND seeing how I am the ruler of this kingdom. I called in a few favors and arranged someone special. With that, I'm assigning-"

One of the windows overlooking the track and field area gave way to a solid mass of a body that caught the guards, Twilight, and Princess Cadence by surprise. The mass landed on Twilight before she could get off and was too shocked to teleport away. The mass lifted his head from Twilight's chest to reveal a baggy-eyed and sweaty Flash Sentry, which caused Twilight to blush to the point of her face, turned Cherry Pie Red.

"W-we got to stop bumping into each other like this" he chuckled as his head collapsed back to her chest. Twilight transported out of being under him and on her 4's next to Flash; and watched as his body plop to the floor, her face still the bright red color that it was before.

At that moment, Shining and his officers ran into the throne room and looked at the damage. They then noticed the lifeless body of Flash Sentry in the middle of the room. After that, he observed his little sister kneeling next to the body trying to wake him up.

"Honey, what is going on?" Cadence asked in an angry but stern tone.

Shining Armor ignored her and turned to his officers: "Yea, I think he's ready. Also, put down 500 laps for breaking the window."

Author's Note:

I created a Skype group for fans, pre-readers, proofreaders, editors and people who can help me and everyone else in the chat become better in writing. If you want to join this group (and Skype is free to get and register btw) add me (louisros1990 is mine skype) and tell me you want to join the group.