• Published 17th Jul 2013
  • 3,964 Views, 31 Comments

The Bradical Adventures of Twilight Sparkle & Flash Sentry: The Book of StarSwirl - Chelis



Twilight Sparkle, Spike, and Flash Sentry go deep into the Griffon Kingdom to recover a lost book from a young Starswirl the Bearded.

  • ...
67
 31
 3,964

#1. Fallout: New Bradgas

Author's Note:

I created a Skype group for fans, pre-readers, proofreaders, editors and people who can help me and everyone else in the chat become better in writing. If you want to join this group (and Skype is free to get and register btw) add me (louisros1990 is mine skype) and tell me you want to join the group.

There are two ways to incur the wrath of Princess Celestia: One is to plot and attempt to take over her kingdom and remove her as ruler. The second and certainly the easiest is to wake her from her sleep hours before she is to move heaven and earth.

Luna knew the risk waking up her sister would mean... and of course she didn't care. But with a sinister smirk she proceeded to wake her anyway, "Sister! Wake from your slumber! I bring news even you can smile about!

Celestia, groggy and wishing that punishment by branding was still a moral and practical option, replied "Luna, can’t you see I'm trying to get my beauty sleep?!"

The Princess of the Night replied with a smug face "My dear, dear sister. If you needed rest to achieve beauty, you must be in rest for no less than a thousand moons". Celestia took a deep sigh before giving into the temptation of hearing the hiss of burning skin and the tortuous screaming of her impotent sister. As she heavily moaned getting up, Princess Luna observed "any more of the cakes sister, we might have the chariots pull you all over the castle!"

The walk to the archivist was a grueling, daunting task for the Sun Princess. Even to a mare of her experience, a lack of sleep never gets any easier. She was drowsy, head struggling to keep itself up and stumbling all over while her younger sister was humming and galloping quite joyfully. Although the archive was on her daily route from her chambers to her throne room, the fatigue due to the lack of sleep and the annoying alarm clock of a sister made things drag on longer. It was the easiest to spot the archives because there were two guards at all times. The archives contain some of the most rare books that cannot be afforded to fall into the wrong hands. Magic spells, locations of portals to other worlds, even the Equestrian financial pages are stored here plus a painting of a particular princess in the most provocative pose. Inside were bookshelves upon bookshelves of books, scrolls, and manuscripts were on these shelves, but in a severely unorganized and messy state. The royal sisters move their way to the rotunda of the archives were a circular desk occupy the middle of it.

In the midst of the circular desk was a unicorn hard at work. The unicorn was reading a small book, taking notes, and from there looking at maps that covered all over the known world. She was young, too young for this job Celestia noted, looked like she was fresh from the academy, gray coat, long straight auburn mane, and had baby blue eyes. The young filly bowed to the Princess's presence and said, “My apologies Princess,” she looked up into Celestia’s stern, tired eyes. "I wouldn't disturb you from your slumber if it weren't a great deal of importance" the young filly noted. Celestia tried to speak, but it came off as a mix between a mumble and a gargle.

"Oh sister, you really need to rest!" Luna chuckled at the expense of her older sister.

Celestia ignored her sister and concentrated on the archivist "Aren’t you a bit young to be the archivist?" Celestia asked, finally aware enough to speak coherently.

"Oh, I'm just the intern, the real archivist is on maternity leave. I believe this is his second foal," the intern said all giddy and daydreaming of her chance for children of her own. Luna notices the dazed look in the filly’s eyes and cough trying to get her attention. The Unicorn made a faint squeak from the cough and finally snapped back to reality "oh yes! you want to see what I found then?" the archivist said motioning to the small piece of paper.

Celestia drew it to her, skimmed the page, and in that second her groggy, sleepy eyes sprang wide open. Celestia, in complete shock, forgot her magic and let the paper sail to the floor. The Princess of the Sun looked straight at the curious intern "where did you find this?!" she asked in complete shock.

"Well, I was cleaning up, chatting with Luna and-"

Celestia glared right at Luna "Wait. Instead of making sure Canterlot does not come under attack, you were here?!"

Princess Luna immediately snapped back "sister please, this filly is the only one around here who is awake, and she makes excellent coffee and don’t get me started on her cookies...” Celestia's glare left Luna and turned towards the young unicorn "paper. Quill. Now!” As the intern ran off Luna took a sip of the coffee and commented "you know, Twilight Sparkle will not be awake at this hour" Celestia, with a wry smile looked to his younger sister, and down to the floor

"Fuck."

Ever since her adventure through the magic mirror, all Twilight Sparkle can think about was Flash Sentry. Even her most desperate attempts of focusing were in vain. At this point, her mind was racing thinking of times in her past that she can use to bribe Princess Cadence to tell Flash to send her a letter. Asking her brother would have been a really, really, bad idea. Mostly because he would not let it down like how she was when they were kids and Shining Armor told her about his crush on Cadence on accident. She took a big sigh because this stupid little crush was interfering with her studies. Twilight tried to blow it off “so what if he is really dreamy, or a member of the Crystal Kingdom's Royal Guard, he is not more important than my studies".

Spike walked in from shelving books from the next room to see the young princess daydreaming and blushing. "Hey twilight, I see you have a c on that one pony, so why not let him give you the D?!" Unfortunately, Spike was right on her hind legs, so it was not that hard for Twilight to buck him and send him clear across the room and made him hit his head on a shelf, causing an avalanche of books to cover him completely.

"Spike! Didn't I tell you not to joke about things like that! You are already on thin ice for telling Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo that really dirty joke!"

Spike muttered while climbing out of the massive mountain of books, "they thought it was funny". At that exact second, Spike felt a convulsion and quickly expelled a letter. Almost immediately, Twilight levitated the letter towards her. She was nervous. Scratch that: nervous was an understatement. Twilight was on the verge of a panic attack as the letter came closer and closer

"What if it's him, or what if it's Cadence asking me to visit the Empire, you know it's a good thing" she repeated this over and over until she opened and read the letter. She could almost picture Cadence saying the most awkward things to him. When she finally opened the letter, and for the first time in her life, she was actually disappointed that it was a letter from her teacher.


"To my most faithful student,

Come to Canterlot as soon as possible. Bring Spike”