• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 3,069 Views, 131 Comments

Pinkamena 4: Recovery - Pinkamena666



May's recovery from Pinkamena's final attack.

  • ...
9
 131
 3,069

Day 06 (A Game For May)

Zack O.C. created by The Royal Caribbean


5 Days Remaining Until Operation


12:00am

May struggled with all her might to keep her eyes open. She suddenly had an idea, but it would be risky. She slowly pulled the covers off and slid her legs over the side of the bed. She grabbed her chest as she felt a pain. She waited for it to pass and slid off the bed and onto the floor. She fell to her knees as she felt more pain. She braved it out and got back up. She slowly moved towards the door and looked out. A nurse pony was talking with another nearby. There was a medical cart next to them. May read the labels on the syringes until she found what she was looking for; Adrenaline. She used her magic to levitate the syringe up from the cup and started moving it towards herself. When one of the nurse ponies turned around, May lowered the syringe next to the cart and out of sight. She quietly puled her head halfway into her room. the nurse looked around and returned to the other.

"Guess it was nothing." she said.

"Yeah, this place'll play tricks on you after a while."

May let out a sigh and quickly brought the syringe over. When it was close enough she brought it inside and made her way back to bed. She slid under the covers and held the syringe out in front of her. She felt bad for stealing it but it was a matter of life or death. She took a deep breath and brought the needle to her chest. She took one last breath as she raised it up and slammed it back down. The needle punctured her skin and she injected the Adrenaline. She suddenly felt a wae of energy and suddenly wasn't tired anymore.


7:37am

Dawn entered May's room expecting to see her incredibly tired. Instead, she found May sitting up in bed, laughing at the sit-com she was watching on TV. She looked over at Dawn.

"Hey, Dawn." she said.

Dawn looked in awe at the energetic unicorn.

"What happened?" she asked. "Last time I saw you, you were incredibly tired. Now..."

"I can't explain it." May lied. "I just feel so good."

"Well, that's good." said Dawn. "I was on my way to go shopping. Want me to pick you up anything?"

May thought about this. She knew she didn't have it in her to keep stealing and lying, so she came up with an alternative.

"How 'bout a video game?" May asked. "I need something to fidget with when I get bored."

"You got it." Dawn said with a smile. "Be back in a bit."

"Okay." May said with a smile.


7:50am

Dawn stood in front of a game store. There was a sign that read "Zack's Game Shop" above the door. Dawn entered, the door bell ringing. The unicorn behind the counter looked over at her. He was dark grey with white hair. His hair resembled that of Pinkamena's. Dawn shuddered at that thought. His Cutie Mark was that of a game disc.

"Morning." said he unicorn.

"Morning." said Dawn, approaching the counter. "Zack, right?"

"That's right." answered the unicorn. "Can I help you with something?"

"My friend's in the hospital and she asked me to get a game for her." Dawn explained, poking through a bin filled with video games. "Any suggestions?"

"Well, if your friend's in the hospital," Zack said coming out from behind the counter. "I'd recommend hoof-held games." He trotted over to a wall where game systems hung. "The PonyStation Portable's a good choice." he said, levitating the box from the shelf and held it in front of Dawn.

She took it in her magic and eyed it.

"She'd like this." said Dawn. "What are some games you recommend?"

Zack went over to a bin and poked through it.

"Ah-ha." he said, raising up a game.

It read "Equestrian Idol". Dawn took it and looked at the back, reading it to herself.

"She could like this." said Dawn, heading back to the counter.

When Zack got back behind the counter and rang up the price, Dawn paid and made her way to the door. On her way she spotted a rated "M" game. It was titled "Massacre At Willow Hill". A brief image of a blood-covered Pinkamena flashed through her head. She shook it away and opened the door.

"Hope your friend feels better." said Zack.

"Thanks." said Dawn, leaving.


9:15am

Dawn arrived back at May's hospital room to see her clenching her chest and groaning.

"Are you okay?" asked Dawn.

May held out a hoof to say "hold on a second". She took deep breaths as she let the pain pass.

"Wounds still acting up?" Dawn asked, setting the bags she was carrying next to May's bed.

"Yeah." said May through a groan. "Is that what I think it is?" she asked, looking down at the bag.

"It sure is." said Dawn with a smile.

May levitated the PonyStation Portable (PSP) out of the bag and stared at the box.

"No way." said May, eyes lighting up. "The PSP."

"Like it?" asked Dawn, sitting in the chair next to the bed.

"Like it?" asked May. "I've always wanted one. How much did it--"

"Don't worry about it." said Dawn, holding up a hoof. "Just enjoy it."

May quickly ripped the box open and pulled out the plastic case inside which the PSP was attached to.

"Oh." said May. "Twistie-ties."

"Hmm." said Dawn. "How much do you think?"

"Seeing as there's the system with the cords... six?"

"Then let's get started." said Dawn.


10:09am

"It's about time." said May. "Now I can play it."

"Actually..." said Dawn, lifting up the plastic-wrapped game.

'Oh, come on." said May impatiently.


10:20am

"FINALLY!" shouted May, opening the case and inserting the cartridge. She flicked the switch and nothing happened. "What's going on?"

Dawn picked up the box and looked at the back.

"Does not... come... charged."

She stared at the box ad then up at May, who was staring wide-eyed at her. Not moving. Dawn held up the power cord.


11:00am

Dawn picked up the PSP and looked at the screen.

"How far is it?" asked May. Dawn just stared at the PSP. "Well?"

"It's..." Dawn cleared her throat. "half-way there."

May fell backwards, hitting her pillow hard.

"Come on." said May. Again, impatiently.


11:40am

"YES!" shouted May as Dawn handed her the PSP. "This'll be awesome!"

Dawn watched May enjoy her new gift and smiled.


1:30pm

May turned off the PSP and set it down on the bedside table.

"What do you wanna do now?" Dawn asked.

"I don't know." said May. "Guess I could wait until I get bored and play it again."

Dawn smiled and stood up.

"Well, I must be going now." she said. "See ya later."

"Yeah." said May, as Dawn headed for the door. "See ya."

"And enjoy your game." Dawn said, leaving the room.

May smiled and turned to the TV.


5:00pm

May lay in her bed, looking bored. The TV was still on but May was hardly watching it. She glanced over at the PSP and the Daring Do book. She picked up the PSP with her magic, then stopped. She took another look at the Daring Do book. She then set the PSP down and picked up the book, continuing where she left off the night before. She read and read all through the night. At various points, she could hear Pinkamena's voice again. It was louder this time, though.