• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 3,069 Views, 131 Comments

Pinkamena 4: Recovery - Pinkamena666



May's recovery from Pinkamena's final attack.

  • ...
9
 131
 3,069

Day 01 (First Day)

11:55am

May slowly opened her eyes and let out a soft groan. She looked around but couldn't make anything out. Her vision was still pretty blurry. She felt her chest and let out a cry of pain. For some reason, it hurt a lot. She heard rapidly approaching footsteps.

"You're awake." said a kind voice after the footsteps ceased.

"Wh-where am I?" May asked groggily.

"At the hospital in Ponyville." said the voice. "You were brought here by Princess Celestia herself."

"Celestia?" May asked weakly.

"Oh, I just remembered something." said the voice. "You have a visitor. Shall I send her in?"

May nodded weakly and heard receding footsteps. She waited for a minute or two until she heard footsteps approaching her bed.

"May?" asked a familiar voice.

"Who is it?" May asked weakly.

"It's me." said the voice. "Dawn."

"Dawn? I can hardly see you."

Dawn placed her hoof on May's hoof.

"The nurse said you should be able to see in a little while. You're still groggy from the sedative."

"Sedative?" asked May, suddenly remembering...


9:45am

May squirmed on the operating table and yelling out in great pain. The puncture marks that Pinkie inflicted on her were hurting like crazy. The nurse by her side was trying to keep her held down.

"Can I get some help over here!" she yelled.

A couple nurses ran over to help strap her down.

"Somepony get a sedative!" the nurse yelled.

May continued to yell until one of the nurses stuck a needle into her neck. May suddenly felt weak and then passed out.


12:03pm

"Feeling any better?" asked Dawn. "All the others are really worried about you."

"I'll feel better when I can see again." May said, trying to force a smile. "Tell the others not to worry. I'll be out of here in no time."

There was a long moment of silence. May was starting to get worried.

"You still there?" she asked.

"Yeah." said Dawn, hesitantly.

"What's wrong?"

Dawn took a deep breath. "The nurse said that you could be here for a while."

"A while?" asked May. "How long is that?"

"They're not sure." said Dawn with sadness in her voice. "Could be anywhere from a month to a year."

"A year?" asked May.

"Maybe more."

"More than a year?" May asked, quickly sitting up.

Dawn gently pushed her back down.

"I know it sounds like a long time." said Dawn.

"'Cause it is." May muttered.

"But we're all here for you."

May smiled slightly. "Thanks."

"I should be getting back to the others." said Dawn. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Can you bring Fern with you?"

"Shouldn't be a problem." said Dawn. "See ya."

"See ya." said May as Dawn gave her a hug.


9:26pm

May couldn't get to sleep. She had just had a nightmare where she was being chased down a dark hallway by Pinkamena. She held her forehead with her hooves and let out a yell.

"Go away!" she yelled. "GO AWAY!"

A nurse quickly entered the room. When she saw May freaking out she rushed to her side. The nurse then held May down and began to try to calm her down.

"It was just a nightmare." the nurse reassured her. "Just a nightmare."

"Why me?!" May cried. "Why?!"

The nurse embraced her and waited for her to calm down.


11:45pm

May finally fell asleep.