• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 3,071 Views, 131 Comments

Pinkamena 4: Recovery - Pinkamena666



May's recovery from Pinkamena's final attack.

  • ...
9
 131
 3,071

Day 10 (Drastic Measures)

1 Day Remaining Until Operation


5:00am

May stood in front of the open window, tears in her eyes. She knew what she must do. She just didn't think she could do it. She looked back at the door. She had propped a chair up against it so no pony could get in. She returned her gaze to the window and slowly pulled the IV out. She let it drop to the floor, liquid slowly leaking out. She stepped up onto the windowsill and closed her eyes. Memories of all her times with her friends flashed before her eyes and she started to cry even more. She knew she had to. For her friends' sake. She took a deep breath and stepped off.

Nurses on the first floor heard screaming from outside. They all ran to investigate. May lay on the ground, not moving.

"What happened?!" yelled one of the nurses.

Twilight and Applejack were walking by and stopped to see what was going on. They let out a gasp when they saw May.

May slowly opened an eye, her whole body aching. Why didn't I die? she thought. Without moving her head, she looked as far up as she could. She had fallen three stories. A nurse rushed over with a stretcher and others joined her. They gently lifted May up onto the stretcher and wheeled her back inside the hospital.

Twilight ran up to a nurse.

"What happened?" she asked.

"It seems it was an attempted suicide." the nurse explained.

"Suicide?" Twilight asked, shocked. "You sure?"

"Her door was barred from the inside."

The nurse left Twilight and she returned to Applejack.

"What happened?" asked Applejack.

Twilight looked up at the open window of May's room.

"Attempted suicide."


6:00am

The nurses quickly wheeled May back into her room and hooked her back up. May's entire body ached. She was sure she had at least a broken leg. She was violently gasping for air. She could barely understand what the nurses were saying. But she was able to deduce that they were gonna perform the operation a day early. They had to act quickly if they were going to save May. She turned her gaze to the doorway and saw Dawn, tears in her eyes. She saw a nurse with a sedative and knew that she would be seeing Pinkamena again. Soon. The nurse injected the sedative into May's IV and she slowly dozed off.