• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 3,069 Views, 131 Comments

Pinkamena 4: Recovery - Pinkamena666



May's recovery from Pinkamena's final attack.

  • ...
9
 131
 3,069

Day 07 (Waking Terrors)

4 Days Until Operation


7:04am

The nurse entered May's room and headed to the EKG monitor.

"Still no sleep, huh?" she asked, writing the EKG results down on a chart.

"Nope." said May, almost cheerfully.

"Hmm." said the nurse. "I'm surprise you haven't had waking terrors yet."

"Waking terrors?" May asked, now getting a little frightened.

"It's when you have dreams while you're awake." This left May silent. "Be back later."

The nurse left the room, leaving May cowering in her bed. She could hear Pinkamena's laughter.

"Isn't this fun?" Pinkamena's voice said. "Waking terrors."

May held her head.

"Shut up." she whispered, closing her eyes.

Suddenly a force caused May's hooves to slam against the pillow. She opened her eyes and found herself face to face with Pinkamena.

"Long time, no see." she said with a smile, which slowly faded. "You thought you could escape me?"

May struggled to try and free herself.

"How can you touch me?" May asked.

"I'm inside your head." Pinkamena explained. "As far as your brain is concerned, I'm real." She looked down at the wounds on May's chest. "Looks painful." She reached out a hoof and poked one of them. May winced in pain. "Hurt?"

"What are you gonna do to me?" asked May, tears in her eyes.

"Well..." said Pinkamena, laying down on top of May. She crossed her hooves and rested her head on them. "Guess I could gnaw on your leg for a bit."

"No!" yelled May, sitting up quickly.

Pinkamena, also quickly, shoved a hoof over her mouth and forced her back down. She then leaned in so close that May thought she was gonna kiss her.

"Don't attract attention, May." Pinkamena rolled off of her and lay beside her. "It's nice in here."

"What happens if you cut me when I'm awake?" May asked, a thought she had going around in her head.

Pinkamena looked over at her.

"What?" she asked with a chuckle.

"In my nightmares, when you cut me, I'm fine when I wake up. But, now..."

"The cut will not go away."

May let out a small gasp.

"Why?" she asked softly.

"This is your physical body." Pinkamena explained. "In your nightmares, it's your astral form. Can't permanently harm it." May closed her eyes and started to cry. "What's wrong with you?" asked Pinkamena, almost sounding annoyed.

"I can't stay awake or you can physically hurt me without killing me." May cried. "But if I sleep, you can do anything you want to me."

Pinkamena smiled.

"Finally. You understand."

May continued crying. Pinkamena rolled halfway on top of her and began stroking May's mane,

"W-what are you doing?" asked May, getting a little uncomfortable.

"Comforting you." Pinkamena answered. "Isn't that what you want?"

"It makes me feel kind of... uncomfortable."

"Well, that's my job, isn't it?" Pinkamena asked, leaning in closer.

May started to sweat from being nervous. She wasn't sure what to do. Or what Pinkamena was about to do. May watched as Pinkamena eyed her up and down.

"What are you doing?" asked May.

"Just wondering what you would taste like." Pinkamena answered. She then stuck out her tongue and slowly licked May's cheek. May shuddered as she felt Pinkamena's tongue against her skin. "Mmm." said Pinkamena when she had finished. "Tastes good. Too bad I won't be able to eat you."

"Y-you're not gonna eat me?" asked May, still trying to recover from Pinkamena's lick.

"Well... not yet, at least." she said with a smile. "But I'll tell you something..." May kept quiet, waiting to hear what Pinkamena was going to say. Finally she spoke again. "If you agree to help me come back and be my little helper... I'll let you live." May let out a soft gasp. "How 'bout it, May?"

"Never." she said.

Pinkamena's grin turned to a scowl. May elbowed her, knocking her off the bed. She then rolled off the other side and fell to the floor. She winced with pain when she landed on her stomach. She took a deep breath and quickly got back up, ignoring the pain. She ran out of her room and looked back. She couldn't see Pinkamena anywhere in her room. She looked up and down the hallway, seeing no pony. The halls were empty. Must be on lunch break, May thought. She turned to her left, jumping with fright as she came face to face with Pinkamena once again. She had an angry expression on her face as she slammed May into the wall. Her I.V. line came out of her arm.

"Not a good idea, May." Pinkamena said with a scowl. May could tell she was angry. "I show you kindness and try to comfort you... and you attack me? How ungrateful." May swore she saw fire burning in Pinkamena's eyes. "Well, I guess if kindness won't work..." She raised a hoof. "maybe this will."

She slammed her hoof against one of May's wounds. She was about to let out a shrill of pain when Pinkamena placed a hoof over her mouth. Pinkamena looked to her left and saw the nurse leaving one of the hospital rooms. She turned back to May.

"Act cool." Pinkamena ordered. "Or else."

The nurse spotted May and started to approach her.

"Going for a walk?" she asked.

Pinkamena held up a hoof to her lips to tell May to keep quiet.

"I, uh..." May began, turning to face the nurse. "I needed some help with my IV line. It came out." She held up the dripping IV line.

"Let's get you back in your room and I'll fix it for you."

"Thank you." said May, putting on a fake smile.

She turned back to Pinkamena, who smiled and stepped aside. May trotted passed Pinkamena and got back in bed. Pinkamena followed the nurse inside and sat down in a chair in the corner. The nurse gently put the IV back in May's arm and left.

"Glad we got that sorted out." said Pinkamena, rising from her chair.

"Now what?" May asked.

"Now we hang out and have fun."

"Fun?" May asked, a little confused.

"Yeah. Like a game."

"A game?"

"Hold on one second." said Pinkamena, leaving the room. "I need to get something."

May watched the door, waiting to see what Pinkamena was doing.

"Got it." came Pinkamena's voice, making May jump.

She turned around and saw Pinkamena leaning against the side of the bed, holding a switchblade.

"What's that for?" May asked, a little frightened.

"Our game, of course."

"What kind of game?"

"Let's see how long you can hold your breath.

"Say what?" May asked, even more frightened.

Pinkamena placed a hoof on May's chest.

"Exhale all the air in your lungs." Pinkamena ordered. May hesitated. "DO IT!" Pinkamena yelled, waving the blade in front of May's eye.

A tear fell from May's eye as she obeyed. She let all the air out from her lungs and held it.

"Very good." Pinkamena said calmly. "Now let's up the stakes a bit, shall we?"

She placed the tip of the blade gently on top of May's stomach.

"If you take even the slightest breath, the knife will penetrate your skin."

May started to sweat. She was starting to feel the need for oxygen. Soon, she felt as though she couldn't hold it anymore. She needed to breathe but knew she mustn't. Now, she was starting to feel lightheaded and felt as though she would pass out. Then, suddenly, Pinkamena removed the blade and laughed. May inhaled deeply, gasping for air.

"What... was that?" May asked, gasping for air.

"I told you I wasn't gonna kill you yet." Pinkamena laughed.

"What's so funny? I thought I was going to die."

"And that's what made it so funny."

"So, the thought of death is funny to you?" May asked.

"Funny... Enjoyable..."

"You're sick."

"Oh, May." said Pinkamena, calming down a bit. "I would've thought after all our time together..." She placed a hoof gently on May's cheek. "that you would've known me better by now."

"You'd think, wouldn't you?"

Pinkamena got in bed next to May.

"How 'bout some television?" asked Pinkamena.

"Fine." said May, knowing it was no use arguing with her new roommate. "What if my friends come to visit me?"

"Tell them you're busy." Pinkamena answered. "It's just gonna be us."

May sighed and turned on the TV.


11:59pm

Pinkamena was asleep. She was nuzzled up against May with a hoof around her. May shuddered at the thought that Pinkamena was in bed with her. Could it get any worse? she thought. Well, that's a nice way to jinx yourself, isn't it May?