• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 961 Views, 36 Comments

Maybe if... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 37 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
3
 36
 961

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 – An apple's shine

The low chime of magic coming off of the bag that float beside you has been the focus of your trot as you start to near Rarity's boutique. The slight bit of magic it takes to hover the pouch isn't enough to really make your headache any worse but at the same time you would rather just have a pocket....do ponies wear pants?

You push the comment a side as you stop in front of the door, you tap your hoof to it with a slight knock as you wait outside for the door to open.

The walk back from Sweet Apple acres wasn't too long and you didn't get lost but the sun has moved a good distance from its afternoon area. You decided to drop the floating of the pouch as you place it to your hoof's grasp.

After a few moments of your half eyed stare to the dark blue door, but as the white mare comes to the door you put on a polite smile, "Hi Rarity."

She does't give the same smile as she looks to the pouch in your grasp, her voice is a little skeptical as she shifts her eye back to you, "Um, I'm terribly sorry but who are you?"

You say your name as you float the pouch from your hoof for good measure.

Rarity's polite and fancy voice comes back to her as she taps her hoof to her mouth, "Pink is not really your color, I think you're more of a..." She stops her comment as she takes her head back, "Ugh, what is the smell?!"

You no longer feel her warm welcome as she holds her hoof out to you in a slight shift laugh, "Oh I mean, it must be the wind or something ha...ha..."

You give a little sigh as you talk, "I offered to help Applejack with picking zap apples today."

Rarity nods her head as she squints her eyes to you, "Yes well, what can I do for you darling?"

You float the pouch over to her as you speak up and a low unsure voice, "Uh, could you make me a ring err horn band for Twilight?"

She takes the floating pouch to her hoof as she opens it up, but as she does this she cocks her head back to you, "A horn band?" She holds a confused look to you as her regal voice chimes from her, "Twilight still needs to let me get her dress measurements."

You nod your head as you watch her step aside from the doorway.

Rarity hooves the pouch from her hoof as she closes the door behind you, as she does this her regal tone is lost a little as she points her hoof to you, "I mean really what kind of mare wouldn't want to get her measurements done right away."

A slightly girly sigh comes from her mouth as she continues, "That's why I take my measurements every week." She fluffs at her mane as she stares off into space, "Some prince is bound to come trotting through Ponyville."

You give a friendly nod to her comments as you wait for her to come back to earth.

After a moment of her smiling to the wall she gives a little giggle, "I'm sorry why did you want a horn band again?"

You give a little smile as you talk, "Um, well where i'm from you give a ring to someone-somepony you want to marry...and I want to do it right."

Before your words fully end shes floated the pouch bag to you as she trots away, "Well then of course I will make a horn band!"

You put your hoof to the bag as you watch her trot away, "But what about this?"

"Hm? OH." She rolls her hoof to you as she talks, "Please Twilight has done so much for me, and a mare only gets married once." She puffs her chest out as her voice heightens, "I want to make sure my friends have a wedding the way both of them want it."

You nod your head as you talk, "Thanks."

"Think nothing of it." Her voice comes off of its proud heightened tone a little as she pokes her neck out more towards you, "Still, have you two decided where you will be doing it?"

You shake your head as you talk, "We haven't really had too much time to do any planning yet."

Rarity holds a surprised face as she lets out a slight gasp, "What would keep you two from picking a place? Or or a date? You have a date right?"

You shake your head to her words.

"UH! Well..." She now jabs her hoof through the air a little harder towards you as her more regal tone comes up, "You tell Twilight that she needs to come and see me...I mean really how could you not have picked a place yet." She stops her words as she gives you a smile, "You know Canterlot would be a good place."

The mare leans back as her words start to almost come from her thoughts, "Oh and I could finally get a dress of mine noticed...Unlike the last wedding I did for Canterlot."

You give a light chuckle to her words as you think, my wedding sounds more like Rarity's fashion show.

Rarity must have heard your mind's comment as you listen to her words now directed to you, "And of course I will be needing your measurements as well, we most certainly can't have you not in a tux, am I right?"

She stops her ramble as she shakes her head, "Uh, how unladylike. You probably want to get back home." Her trot comes back to her as she walks more towards the red curtain in the middle of the room, "Do make yourself at home, i'm not filly sitting Sweetie tonight so I should have a horn ban done pretty quick..." Her eyes drift back to you as she turns around, "Do you know Twilight's horn size?"

Horn size? You blink to the words as you shake your head, "It's like a horn." You know it's not an answer but since Rarity talked about a tux you can't get the name James Bond out of your head.

Rarity nods her head as she squints to your words, "Yes...right, well i'll be back in a bit to ask you some questions."

She doesn't wait for your reply as she dips into the red curtain hidden room. You look around for a moment before your eyes lay onto a chair near the pouch of coins. You move yourself to sit down as you float the pouch to a nearby pony manikin. The idea of not paying for a ring...horn band has kind of eating away at you and even if she doesn't want you to pay you still want to feel like you're doing something special for Twilight.

You give a little sigh as you look around the quiet boutique room.

End of chapter 6