• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 3,871 Views, 231 Comments

Pony Terrestrial - Arcanel



A mess up of Twilight, ponies being brought to Earth in several places, and misadventures happening.

  • ...
16
 231
 3,871

Curiosity strikes again!!!

Okay, here I am again. CPM here. Well I do believe it is time for a change of pace. Feel that the drama in previous chapter was too much? FEAR NOT!! For this chapter should be the cure XD. If anything, I too was looking forward to write this and the next chapters. I warn you though. I will finish the descriptions of the house so expect another description-palooza in this chapter. Sorry, I hate them too but I feel it is necessary to answer the “HOW THE HELL THE PLACE LOOKS LIKE?” answer. My next descriptions will be far less big. And another thing. If I don’t say anything about a change of POV then that means we are staying with the same POV of the last chapter. Just in case somebody got confused. So without further ado, the writing of the next chapter of MLP: around the world, Curiosity strikes again!!!

The Eleventh Commandment shall be: CPM will own naught but this story.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************

While the other ponies went to the rest of the house to investigate and explore, I went back to the big room where we landed.

“Hmmm, with that big table and so many chairs, he must have a family of some sorts” I said starting to analyze the house. (Celestia has gone Twilight Sparkle mode XD).

“He also seems to have a lot of things stored due to the size of the furniture around. But I also wonder- Hmmm I wonder who this is?” I was going on analyzing, when I found a set of what seemed like two photographies, on a small table behind to the next of the large table. They looked like Arcanel but they were much smaller. ‘They also look a bit cuter’ I thought, a bit of a blush running to my cheeks because of the cute photos.

“(Giggle) they really look cute here, although the other seems to be a bit more feminine…” There was a photo of a much smaller human a red and grey clothing with eyes that looked and had the same color of them like Arcanel’s, but with very short brown hair. The other in the photo next to this, the more feminine human, looked to be just about like him but with more female features, a white with a blue collar cloth, had the same color of eyes as Arcanel and the human in the other photo, but with longer black hair. I could not help but smile. ‘They look as if they were in their foal stage, or however they call it here’ I compared. The humans really seem to be a lot like us ponies.

After I finished looking at the photo, even though I will admit I DID want to keep on looking (heh heh, nobody can resist the power of the…BABIES CUTENESS FACTOR!!), I went to the strange piece of furniture that had a lot of what seemed like boxes.

“Hmmm, I wonder what all these boxes are. Surely they must have a function but I cannot seem to find. There are too many buttons and too many…long lines? What kind of contraption works here?” I wondered. In truth there were a lot of boxes around and I did not know where to start. Then I saw a somewhat big button in large tall black box underneath the table (AKA, a PC). It seemed like it could power this whole contraption. But I could not just press it and see what would happen. This is not my home, and this is certainly not something I have the knowledge of how this artifact works. Even though, my own curiosity was starting to rise. (Come. Come to the dark side XD).

While I was fighting my own desires, I heard a sudden shout.

“WEEEEEEEE!!!!!” If memory serves me right, that would be Pinkie Pie. ‘I wonder (you’re going to see this word a lot) what she has found, or rather I should make sure nothing is wrong or broken, or something of the sort’ I thought.
After deciding to go and see what happened, I went around the other side of the room and into another smaller room. This one had pale yellow walls, what looked like a small library, another large, but not as large as the other, wooden table with only four chairs around it, another wooden piece of furniture with big doors and a drawer, with another big black box, that was as tall as I was as a whole. ‘Interesting. They seem to know about books as well, they have a lot of wooden furniture, and they also work a lot with these strange boxes. He also seems to have a bigger family than I thought’ I pondered.

“YOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!” This time the scream of joy came from Spike, who seemed to be in the same place as Pinkie Pie. I exited the room I was and went through the small hallway, where I barely fit in. the hallway had the walls painted just like the other room, and had what seemed to be a painting on the wall to my left. The other ponies seemed to be in exploring the other rooms, which I could count to a total of five. The joy seemed to come from the second door to the right. When I entered I was introduced to a much strange scene.

“YIPEEEEE!!!””YEAHHH!!!” Both Pinkie Pie and Spike were jumping on what looked like a bed, a very big one at that. ‘Well, (giggle) it looks like they are having fun. I’m also sure that this kind of images will be very common at this point’ I concluded, mirth filling my mind.

After having jumped on a little more finally Spike saw me standing on the entrance to the room. Immediately after he noticed me, his face went pale.

“H-H-H-H-H-H-Hi P-P-Princess. W-W-We were j-just…” He trailed off not being able to form words.

“Hi Princess Celestia!” Pinkie Pie greeted. She looked just as always, a smile and joy on her face.

“Pinkie!!” Spike exclaimed, trying to chastise his pink friend.

“Do not worry Spike. It seemed like you were having fun” I said, mirth in my voice. “But please you two do refrain to do so at the cost of Arcanel’s bed. The last thing we need is him mad at us and be on the wrong way to a relationship with him” I explained with a soft voice. I did not want to interrupt their fun, seeing as how they both could be considered as little foals, but with how this situation stands, we need to make as less damage as we can from our investigation, not to mention that messing up with somepony else’s home is just downright wrong.

Spike looked to the floor, ashamed of his actions, and Pinkie Pie seemed to be a little down too. I immediately reacted. I cannot bear to see such sad faces, even less on them.

“Do not worry. You did nothing wrong. But please if you would, try to investigate the room with less…physical methods” I proposed, a bit of mischievousness on my voice. They both said sorry and agreed. I then looked at the room itself. It had white walls, with the big bed in the middle taking almost all of the room. The bed looked to be covered in a white blanket with grey floral patterns, and had two pillows just as big as the ones I have seen in Equestria. Next to both sides of the bed, was one wooden bedside table on each side just as tall as the bed with lamps on both the tables. There was also a window to look outside but it seemed like it had shutters. Next to the left bedside table was a very large wooden piece of furniture as tall as the room, that had nine drawers in total, 4 small to the bottom left, one medium above those, 2 medium in the top, and to large below those. In front of the bed was another very big piece of furniture that took all the width and height of the room. It had two big doors on each side and right above them were three drawers on above each side and one in the middle of them. In the middle of the piece of furniture were two black boxes. One standing which was very wide (a flat screen TV) and one much smaller next to it on the space both boxes stood (the PS3). Below this space, were 5 small drawers, and above the space were two shelves, one containing a silver flat box (as you can see, this word will also appear a lot) (a DVD) with a smaller black box that read red numbers (a quartz alarm clock), and the one above with a lot of boxes piled up in one another (movies for VCR and DVD). ‘Hmmm I wonder what the numbers are for, or what those boxes are, if they are in front of the bed, maybe it has something to do with it’ I pondered. Suddenly I heard a shout from another place.

“AHHHHH!!! HOW HORRIBLE!!!”

“I believe that shout was from Rarity!!! Do not worry my little pony, here I come!” I thought worry instantly filling my mind. Spike instantly was by my side, and Pinkie was too. ‘I understand Pinkie, but…is Spike so attached to Rarity?’ I wondered. ‘No time for that. She may be in trouble!’ I thought determination coming to me as I intended to fight whoever was hurting her. When I exited the room we were in, everypony else was in the hallway, except Fluttershy and Twilight, who probably didn’t heard the scream as it was a bit muffled. When we reached the room where she was, which was across to the left of the one I was in, I entered and prepared myself, ready to throw a spell.

“Rarity, what happened?!” Spike shouted

“What is the pro…blem” I trailed off because in front of me was Rarity, but she wasn’t in trouble. In fact she was…criticizing?

“How HORRIBLE! This place is absolutely WHITE! It is a crime of fashion! And these curtains…it is NOT possible for someone to think this goes with it. Arcanel dear, your sense of fashion needs to be rethought, with NO chance of saying that THIS is okay” She spoke, a bit of dramatic tone in her speaking. I could not help but blink at the scene in front of me. While I was in a state of silent disconcert, everypony else spoke.

“Rarity, don’t scare us like that again!“ Rainbow Dash protested, not too surprised by finding her friend intact.

“Are you okay?” Luna asked.

“By the stars, Rarity. You need to be more careful with your tone of voice” Applejack said, shaking her head.

“Oh silly us! She was just Rarity” Pinkie Pie said, mirth in her voice.

“Oh by Celestia. Rarity I love you, but don’t scream like that for this. It is in your nature, but you scare us too much because of it” Spike whispered. He seemed to be talking to himself but I believe he spoke a bit louder than he thought, and so I was able to hear. I was intrigued by both his statements.

“Is that so?” I asked. He froze when I spoke.

“D-D-Did you hear that, P-Princess?” He asked, a lot worry in his voice.

“Do not worry. Your secret is safe with me” I whispered to him and winked.

“Thank you, Princess” He whispered back.

“Nonetheless, back to the point in here. Rarity, are you okay?” I asked, a bit of worry still lingering in my voice.

“Oh yes why wouldn’t I be?” She asked, seemingly oblivious to the situation. “Why is everypony here? Did something happen?” She questioned.

“Well we heard you scream “HOW HORRIBLE!” and we thought you were in trouble” I explained, a bit of mirth in my tone. When I finished she was blushing a lot.

“Oh dear…I am SO sorry princess, everypony. I just tend to get a bit…overzealous when it comes to fashion and those who follow it well, and those who don’t” She apologized, embarrassment and shame in her face. “Please do not mind me and go back to the exploration” She begged.

“Do not worry Rarity. It is okay. I am just glad you are okay, even if the false alarm was a bit…unexpected” I reassured her. I am truly glad she is okay. I just hope we do not have any more situations like this. “Let us go back to the investigation” I concluded. Rainbow Dash left grumbling while the rest just sighed.

After the…event, I was able to take in my surroundings. The place indeed was painted white, only a few things standing out because of color. With Rarity in this room, I could barely fit in past the door. The room had to my right a strange white artifact with a form I had never seen. It seemed to have tapes you could open up (the toilet). To the left of it, there was another white artifact, also with a strange form. This one was open and was a little deep with a few…handles I think (a bidet. I think that is how you translate it, otherwise look it up in Google). Both of these were very small, only reaching up to my knees. ‘I wonder why’ I pondered. In front of these artifacts, there was a much taller one, going over me by a head and neck. This one had a mirror, a small drawer to its left, two small shelves below it with some things in them, a sort of sink similar to the one in the kitchen, and two drawers below it (a washstand). Finally, behind the curtains that Rarity was observing, which were a pale white with light blue floral patterns, there was a white bathtub with shelves over it with probable bathing items and small long window almost at the top of the room. ‘Hmmm… so this must be the bathroom. But I wonder what the other items are for. And how do they wash? Surely I can guess that Arcanel does not fit in there’ I thought. Suddenly I heard Rarity speak.

“Princess Celestia? I apologize again for the trouble I caused. I really should watch myself when I am in a stranger’s house, in a strange world, shouldn’t I?” She said, a nervous chuckle when she ended her speech. She was standing right beside me. I smiled at her then said.

“You do not need to worry, Rarity. I know you did not mean to. And besides, all of us are a bit curious of this place, myself included. So lift your worries and continue on with your…fashion critiques. Just watch out for your own tone of voice, all right?” I told her, winking when I finished.

She blushed a little then said: “Thank you very much Princess”

“Not at all. I merely told the truth, did I not?” I asked her, a bit of playfulness in my voice.

“(Giggle) I guess you are right” She conceded. “But nonetheless, thank you” She bowed.

“You are very welcome” I responded, bowing myself

After that little conversation, I left the room when I heard a sudden

“Ah can’t believe it! How does he reach it!?” It had come from the room to the left of this one. If I am not mistaken, that was the voice of Applejack. I went left and entered the room next to this bathroom. Inside this much smaller room, where I could only enter half my body because of how short it is, I saw Applejack trying to reach a drawer, standing on her two legs. The room itself was very rudimentary compared to the bathroom. It was colored as the bathroom walls. There was a mirror to the right, at about my height, and below it another white sink, similar to the one in the bathroom. In front of it, there was another one of those strange shaped artifacts with tapes. And at the end of the room, there was a white piece of furniture, with two drawers below and one to the right and above the right drawer that reached the top of the room there. In the space left there were a few items and a very small window at the end.

Applejack was trying to open the top right drawer but she could not reach by barely a hoof. I think she could use some help but I do not want to cause any trouble at all.

“Applejack, do you need any help?” I asked.

The problem was that when she heard, she jumped in fright, and in her jump she opened the drawer…which was filled with clothes and other attires just about to fall.

“P-Princess Celestia! Whoa Nelly!” She shouted just as the whole pile fell over her and me.

Augh…I should have used magic to avoid this. I should have also seen that Applejack was too concentrated to hear me without jumping in surprise. (Sigh) I better lift this off of us’ I berated myself. I slowly lifted the clothes with magic, put them inside the drawer, and closed it. There was also a piece of cloth on her. It was very short and had holes where Applejack’s ears went through (take your own guesses on to what it is XD). I wonder… after lifting that piece I was a bit disorientated but I was fine. My main concern was Applejack.

“Are you okay, Applejack? I asked with worry.

“Ah think so Princess. I’m a bit…dizzy but after that I’m mighty fine. Thank you and sorry. I caused that whole thing to fall over us” She apologized.

“Oh do not worry. After all we are fine. Though I believe we need to stop on the curious barrages. Wouldn’t you agree?” I said, mirth in my voice. “I will have to admit though, that with so many drawers, my own curiosity rises to know to see what is inside them. But let us first wait for Arcanel to wake up and see if he can show us” I proposed.

“Yah, you’re right Princess. Ah’m just trying to see what in Equestria are in these things. Ah’m mighty sorry about the problem, Princess Celestia. Hope you can forgive me.” She said, looking down in shame.

“Fret not, my little pony. It is fine. The thing that matters is that we are okay. Just be more careful from now on. Do keep on investigating, please” I told her.

“Yes ma’am” She saluted with a smile.

After that, I started thinking. ‘Well it seems that this little tour over the home is bringing little events. And while enjoyable, I can only ask for something not dangerous to happen’ I hoped. (Yeah sure, invoke Murphy. ‘Cause everything is good from that, no? XD).

Right after I said that I heard a scream (Told you so).

“WOAHHHH!!! This…is…AWESOME!!!” I believe the voice is from Rainbow Dash. ‘I wonder what she found…’ I thought with curiosity. The room the shout came from, was the one at the end of the hallway. When I headed myself there, I found another interesting image for my recollection of the time in this world.

When I entered the room, which was much more colorful and filled with things than the previous ones, but was a bit smaller than the bedroom I visited before, Rainbow Dash was screaming in excitement over a brilliant black box that seemed to be showing…’Images?. What in Equestria is that? It is like there are photographies shown in succession but there is nothing making them move. Hmmm…that box looks like the one the other had but bigger’ I analyzed.

“Wow!!!…I don’t know how the hay this works but this certainly enters the category for cool and awesome!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. She seemed to be fully entranced with the strange object. I myself was curious. There were people like Arcanel in the box, but seemed to be more…older, I think. They were experimenting, and making a lot of explosions. ‘I wonder why they need to do those explosions. What are they experimenting?’ I pondered. (Start guessing what Rainbow is watching XD).

“Hmmm…how interesting. Did you do something to it, Rainbow Dash?” I asked her.

She did not seem to listen to me, as she kept on watching the artifact and saying “YEE-HAWW!!!” each time something exploded. I talked louder.

“Rainbow Dash, can you hear me?” I asked her, louder this time.

Once again, she did not seem to listen. ‘This is certainly strange. I wonder if the artifact has to do something with it. Hmmm…well since I do not know how to make it go away without destroying it, (one, does not simply, destroy the TV XD), I wonder what would happen if I put myself in front of it’ I thought, trying to resolve this…particular situation. (Televisions. Making people lose their hearing and minds since 1927 XD).

I put myself in front of the artifact, but the reaction was not the expected one.

“Hey! You don’t let me see. MOVE!!!” Rainbow Dash protested. She was moving her head to see until she saw that it was me who was blocking her view.

“Hey!!! I said…wait a minute. P-P-P-Princess C-C-C-Celestia?! OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH!!! I AM SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME” She begged me on her knees, looking completely scared.

I must admit I found the situation a bit…hilarious to tell the truth, but I resisted the impulse of full laughter and simply chuckled a little.

“Do not worry, Rainbow Dash. You were just distracted, that is all. You do not need to panic over this” I reassured her, a smile on my face. “But I am curious. What did you do to this…contraption?” I asked turning my attention to the shining black box. She seemed to calm down, restore her own composure, but a bit nervous, and said.

“Well…I was too curious about this black box thingy…and I pressed a button. Then this thing did a strange sound…and the images just came up” She explained, putting a hoof to her head, embarrassed by her own actions. “I’m sorry Princess” She finished.

“Worry not, Rainbow Dash. Nothing bad happened. Although I will admit that your reaction to this artifact was most…unexpected” I said, mirth in my voice. At this she blushed a little. “Do go on with the exploration but for now refrain on touching any more buttons. Do you know how to power down this?” I asked. She nodded her head, pressed a button on the box with a bit of difficulty as the button was very small, and the artifact just went off with a strange sound. ‘I must ask Arcanel how this works when he wakes up. It really is a strange item’ I concluded. After that I went to the entrance and started seeing the room.

This room was indeed much more colorful than the previous ones. Its walls where white painted where the ones in front of me had pictures of different humans like Arcanel, but looked very different from him (Picture cards from the Germany World Cup 2006. Yeah, that is what happens when you have like 200 of them and don’t know what do with them XD). ‘Is this how different humans can look? Interesting’ I thought. To the right side, there was another large piece of furniture, the first one I see that was white instead of wood colored, with 8 drawers, 3 in the top, 3 in the middle, which were 2 big and 1 large to the left, and two small in the bottom. In front of me there was another piece of furniture, though this one was again wood colored, with the black box occupying the first “floor” for the most part, next to it there were several flat boxes piled on another similar to the ones in the other bedroom (this time, the PS2 games). More things where in two shelves above it, that I did not know how to call them and above this shelves, were 4 four more shelves scattered above on the wall which were filled with books. Below the “first floor” there was a blue round thing (a steering wheel for the PS2) and to its left a small black box (many black boxes, no? XD) similar to the one in the other bedroom next to the wide black box, but smaller (the PS2). And to the right of the round item were four boxes piled one upon the other. To the left of the piece of furniture was a bed, half the size of the one in the bedroom I visited, that had a blue blanket over it and a single pillow on it. Above the bed was a window that it too had some shutters over it, and behind the bed, was what seemed like images of some strange designs, and a map of this world. ‘Amazing…If I were to guess I would say that this world is even bigger than Equestria’ I pondered in awe over the map.

When I finished I left the room and went into the hallway again. ‘Well…since I have visited every room except one, and saw everypony except my sister…better go to her before something happens first’ I concluded. With that I headed myself to the room to the right of the first bedroom I visited and entered the door.

My sights were for once normal. My sister Luna seemed to be trying to burn the books with her eyes as she was standing in front of what looked like library.

The room was as colorful and filled with items as the previous bedroom. It was also as big as the first bedroom. The walls were orange with some images of humans that looked a bit paler than Arcanel over the bed (guess who they are XD). The bed was as big as the one in the previous room only it had a white sheet with red floral patterns. To the left of the bed was a piece of furniture that had two grey artifacts above and below that looked similar to the ones in the room where we landed. To the left of the room was another of those boxes with black voids, only grey colored and bigger than the other ones, above a wooden piece of furniture that had four drawers. And finally next to it was a big piece of furniture that reached the top of the room that had a total of 6 shelves and 4 drawers, 3 shelves on the top and the other 3 below, all filled with books, and the drawers were below the “first floor” of the piece of furniture two on the right, two on the left. Luna was standing in front of this. Behind her was a window as big as the first bedroom I visited, it too with shutters.

I was curious as to what Luna was trying to do, so I went and asked her.

“Luna, what are you trying to do?

Unfortunately she as well as Applejack was too focused, and jumped in surprise as well, though this time nothing happened.

“Oh Tia’ you scared me! What are you doing here?” She asked, regaining her composure.

“Well I ended up checking on everypony else due to screams and shouts, so I came here before you ended up doing the same” I said, mischievousness in my voice.

“Oh…I see…anyway I was trying to figure out what these books say. Can you read them sister?” She questioned.
The books in question had symbols I had never seen in my life. ‘It is impossible. I cannot read them. They are in a completely different language from our own. Humans must probably have a different language than ours’ I concluded. Then I communicated my answer to my younger sister.

“I am sorry Luna. But they are written in a different way. I cannot read them”

“Oh well, it does not matter” She said, clearly disappointed. “I was just curious” She continued. ‘Lately that is common word around us’ I thought with remembrance of the last few…events. “But, do you know about anything else that you understand how it works?” She asked, hope filling her voice. She was clearly looking for a way to calm her own curiosity. ‘Though I will admit that I too, am reaching my levels of control over my own curiosity’ I thought.

“Well no…not exactly…although this…machinery is as well in the room where we landed. After a little event with Rainbow Dash with one of these, I believe it is safe to say that they are safe. Though I am not sure if we should use them” I explained, pointing to the grey box next to her, and fighting my own desires of curiosity satisfaction.

“Well do you think Arcanel would mind? I mean, surely it is something we can fix” Luna reassured me. (Let the corruption begin XD).

“I do not think so. Rainbow Dash did turn it down with one button but I do not think it is that easy” I doubted.

“If it is with one button, then surely this artifact works like that, no? Shouldn’t we at least give it a try?” She begged me. I was by now fighting really hard the impulse to go and press the button to quench my thirst of knowledge, but I refused to give in.

“I am not sure. But…if it really works like that then it should be fine, I guess” Problem was, said thirst was starting to rise even faster.

“Well, it is your decision Tia’. What do you say?” Luna once again asked me, looking straight into my eyes. I could not bear the pressure of her and my own anymore. I gave in.

“Well. I guess we can try” I finally said.

“YES!!!!” Luna said, radiating victory and joy in her features. “Thank you sister! ...So…do you know how this works?” She asked, calming herself down. After her little scream of joy, I could not help but still feel that little nagging feeling in my head.

“Well…supposedly you have to press this button over here” I explained pointing with my right foreleg to the grey box below. “It should work if we press this button” I continued, this time pointing to a button in the middle of the front of the box.

“I see…” Luna said. She then started to move her right foreleg to it.

“Luna!!! Please be careful” I reminded her, worry in my mind.

“Do not worry sister. I will” She reassured me. But just as she was about to press the button, a shout came from outside the room. It was Twilight.

“Everypony come here! Arcanel is waking up!”
************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Aaaaaaaaand…back to you Arcanel XD. That’s right we are going back to his POV. Also…I’M FINISHED WITH THE CELESTIADAMNED LONG DESCRIPTIONS!!! Sorry I needed to release myself XD. Anyways, this chapter didn’t come as I wanted too, but I hope you like it. With this in mind, I won’t make as much changes of POV as I originally planned. I will still do them, but in less quantity. I realized that some of them aren’t as funny as I thought due to the reasons I explained in the previous chapter. So I will mainly stay with the “leader” of the group (in this case, Arcanel), with only a few change of POV’s from time to time. This also makes it easier on me. With that being said, I need to go do something else now. I spent like 7 hours TODAY to do this. And my mind has reached its limit XD. Anyways, you know what they say nowadays. Comment, R&R, haters ignored, flamers abhorred, etc, etc. CPM out.