• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 3,871 Views, 231 Comments

Pony Terrestrial - Arcanel



A mess up of Twilight, ponies being brought to Earth in several places, and misadventures happening.

  • ...
16
 231
 3,871

Gaming interruptus: Final interlude

I proclaim a salute to you readers! You make this possible, not me. CPM here. So, after finishing that complicated, thinking game, I believe we should pass on to a more…action filled game right? I at least think so XD. Sorry if the last chapter was too heavy, but there was no other way I felt I could do the thing. Next time I do a strategy game like that, I better think it twice. On any case here comes the last game (which I hope surprises you) of this moment! Once again, a just in case SPOILER ALERT! Therefore, here is the next chapter of The misadventures of MLP: FIM around the world, Gaming interruptus: Final interlude!

You know, I think Princess Celestia came over to the Earth for a bit. Because now, I only see this words everywhere:
“Ownage of the fic is yours. The universe belongs to the world of Equestria”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phew. Now that this game is done, it’s time for a change!’ I thought. I like Eternal Poison…but it makes my head hurt after playing it (as I’m sure it did yours too XD). Oh well, time to get my favorite ponies on the game!...Now the problem is, how in the WORLD am I going to make Rarity and Fluttershy to play a game that, while it involves both their likings at some sort, it pretty much involves fighting too. And now that I think about it, it could involve the rest and more…interesting.

“Okay this next game operates in a different way than the rest, because its style involves more adventure than strategy. Rainbow, Applejack, Spike, you won’t find this game to difficult rather more…active, so to speak” I explained, turning my head to the mentioned ponies and dragon. At this, they all looked far more intrigued now. Apparently, Eternal Poison left its mark on them…and it was one of boredom.

“Twilight, I will tell you a lot of stuff from this game, because if you want to learn a bit about our story and world, then this game certainly gives a bit of those. Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, if you wanted to see how our world looks, well, here is something like that. Different, but something like that anyway” I told the Canterlot trio. The reaction of Twilight was that, had she been able to, would have gone and broken the laws of Physics by bringing a notepad out of nowhere, while the face of Luna was one of wonder and “I see”, and Celestia’s was one of “Interesting” a la Dr. House…again. ‘She really likes to use that face doesn’t she? Then again, I don’t blame her

“Rarity, you could say that this game is more…art-y, for lack of a better word, that’s why you may like it. It involves a type of painting so to speak that is rather different than what you know. Not to mention an interesting game altogether in my opinion” I explained to the white unicorn. This in turn made her a bit more interested than before, if her face was somewhat of an indication.

“And Fluttershy, while this game DOES involve fighting, but it will be a little different because you’re not the one doing it. Also, you’ll have to help lots of people and animals in here, and the main character is quite cute if I say so myself” I told the yellow pegasus. Even though, she was still a bit nervous, I think she was intrigued as well, though that may be the effect of the words “help” and “cute” I think.

“Rarity, Fluttershy, do you think you want to play this game?” I asked the super explanation of interests.

“Well, you do make it sound rather intriguing, and maybe I could get some new ideas from this game, and I am intrigued by playing this myself. I shall play it” Rarity said determined. ‘Great, the lovely lady pony is in! Now for the cute, shy pony’ I chanted with hope.

“I-I am not sure. But I think I could do it. Especially if I can help somepony” She said, not as nervous as before, but still a bit. ‘And they’re both in! Now for the game itself’ I quickly thought.

“Remember you can stop playing whenever you want, because I know this could not be of your liking. But on to the game itself! This game is called “Ōkami” and-“ “Wait, what does that name mean?” Twilight interrupted. For the sake of knowledge, I tried to explain it to her. I am already making her mind swerve by the lack of “how this works”, plus the recent abandon of the plot of Eternal Poison, so I think this time, I can oblige. For her sake.

“Well…remember when I told you that there were a LOT of different languages? This is one of them. It’s called Japanese, because it is comes from the country known as Japan, a country that is VERY away from here. In fact it is on the other side of the world. This game is heavily based on its culture and mythology. Japanese is a language that is very different from English. Example, “Ōkami” means “great god”, or “great spirit” or even “wolf” if it is written on a different way, because while here it is written on English, they actually use letters that look more like symbols rather than letters, as well as having different types of the same writing and meanings because of said letters” I explained to them. Thank god for Wikipedia (Amen XD). What didn’t surprise me was that Twilight was paying full attention. What DID surprise me was the first one who talked.

“By the stars…how do ya get to that Japan place?” The question had come from none other than Applejack. Well, this is going to be interesting.

“Well…while it is a long way from here, technically, reaching there is not that difficult because we have a method of transport called a “plane” that allows us to reach faraway places very fast. Imagine the carriages in Equestria that are flown by pegasi, it is something like that but MUCH bigger and MUCH faster” I told her. By now everybody’s attention was on me. (Sigh) mea culpa on this one, but I think it’s worth it. “If we are lucky, I might be able to show one to you. But we are going of topic here. Anyway, does do those answers satisfy you Twilight and Applejack? Once again, I will tell more, but first let Fluttershy and Rarity who haven’t played yet do so, okay?” I pleaded to change the subject to another. Luckily for me, they both nodded. ‘Phew, got off that. I may have told them that, but I have NO idea on to how on Earth am I going to be able to show them a plane’ I pondered.

“Okay, so like I was saying this game is called “Ōkami” and the main character is a wolf named Amaterasu. Yes I know, weird name. But I’ll explain the meaning in a bit, because you might as well get it on yourselves. Shall I put the game on?” I once again asked the ponies. And at the now common general nod, I took out the previous game, encased it, and popped in the new game. And after the familiar cube intro and the companies, the game’s intro began…

(Enjoy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deYwMJ1H0vI

Since the game had the spoken part completely impossible to understand, I served as the translator for it. I better take some Halls. I will need them. After the intro started I looked to the other ponies to see their reactions. Needless to say, they were once again in wonder and awe, this time, with a touch of intrigue with the game’s plot.

“Wow…It’s like a book…but really different” Twilight said. ‘Hmmm…it could be considered like that I guess. After all, it is like the manga are written in some way

“Interesting…how will these story continue?” Luna asked to herself. ‘Watch and see

“I see that this world also has some intriguing legends to try and tell” Celestia admitted. ‘Eh…something like that. At least this game is original AND good

“You were right Arcanel. I’m already hyped up to see what that little wolf can do!” Rainbow conceded. ‘Achievement unlocked: Mood improvement for the win!

“Ah agree with her. That story seems mighty interesting to see” Applejack said. ‘And you have seen nothing yet

“Well, I’ll admit that I don’t want to fight that gigantic dragon, that’s for sure” Spike said. ‘Agreed my draconian friend. Agreed. Problem is we will in some way

“Ohhhh…pretty. Go wolfie go!” Pinkie cheered. ‘I’m with you! Ammy! Ammy! Ammy!

“I have to admit that the style in which this game goes is rather…interesting” Rarity admitted. ‘Aha! I got her now!

“…The wolf is very cute there. And I’m glad that d-d-d-dragon is away” Fluttershy stuttered. ‘I agree too Fluttershy. But…I’m sorry to say, that this is not the end. Oh dear, I hope I will not traumatize her for life. At least It’s not dark or something otherwise…yeah, not a pretty sight for her

“Heh, I hope you’re ready for more, because the game doesn’t exactly start there” I told them. I should have expected Rarity’s quick question.

“What do you mean?” Well, time for part 2.

“That was a short introduction…but the story begins now” I said. And with that, I put on “New game” from the menu…and the the real intro began.

(Once again, enjoy!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IC9KfOMwQU

I really think that I will need something for my throat. But again, for the sake of this, I think I could manage a striking bolt if needed heh heh.

After the scene with the story telling came the appeareance of the mysterious man…and a certain dragon’s return.
“I-I-I-I-I-It’s t-t-t-t-that…” Fluttershy whispered.

“Don’t worry Fluttershy! It won’t hurt you!” I tried to calm her. And I think it worked because she stopped trembling a bit, but she still a bit scared. And given her nature, I wouldn’t blame her at all.

After that came, the appearance of the doom of the world if you could say so. At this rate, Only one spoke.

“Wow…I…I think stuff really bad happened” Rainbow said. Even though what she said was obvious, she was right. The game is just on its beginning…let’s see how Rarity and Flutterhy will handle. For both their sakes, I hope I wasn’t wrong on this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so Ōkami…begins! XD Well that is that. I really hope I hit it off with this one. I also have to say that I may need to tread different with this game, like jumping some parts and that, because I’m more interested (and you too I believe) in the ponies and dragon reactions, instead of the game, not to mention to avoid too much spoilers. Nonetheless, I will try and do my best. I will go until a certain scene and not past that, so if you have ANY scenes or stuff that you want happening (especially with Fluttershy and Rarity as the main protagonists in this chapters) then tell me and I’ll do my best to try and make it happen if I can. No promises though. I have my own writing done in this and I can’t swerve much from it. I have one more thing to say. Tuesday I will start university, so I think that my writing time will be severely cut down. However, at the most least, since this is a year of preparation rather than the career itself yet, I may be able to do more than I think, not to mention that after the whole gaming stuff, I think I’ll be able to write chapters more easily. However don’t expect to see too much of this. I’ll try to post as many chapters as I can. I can at least promise one per week, but I may do more. I don’t know. Hopefully this will not deter you from reading. I think that’s all. You know my catchphrase! Comment, R&R, let your inner Grammar Nazi out, throw WHATEVER ideas you have for me, haters ignored, flamers abhorred, etc, etc. CPM out.