• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 3,871 Views, 231 Comments

Pony Terrestrial - Arcanel



A mess up of Twilight, ponies being brought to Earth in several places, and misadventures happening.

  • ...
16
 231
 3,871

Well, ponyfeathers. Deserts suck

Hello again, my dear readers! CPM here. So last time I FINALLY finished the first part of the first arc. Honestly, I didn’t originally intend it to be so long, but more on the lower author’s note. For now, I just want to start the second arc, once and for all. And for anyone who might have correctly guessed, good job! On the others…well, I hope I surprise you XD. With the ado no more, I give you the next chapter of “The misadventures of MLP: FIM around the world!”

I own nothing that belongs to Hasbro, therefore, only the story. I just WISH I had a part in Hasbro…or anything pony related for that matter…


Arc two: Part one: In shining city, trouble awaits you

Chapter 26: Well, ponyfeathers. Deserts suck

Vinyl Scratch’s POV

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-UNGH!” I screamed until I hit on something after falling. “Ugh……where in the world am I?...Wait, WHERE THE HAY AM I?!” I screamed, trying to get my surroundings. ‘Okay, somepony explain what the hay is going on here! First, I got pulled out of nowhere from my house, then I start falling into nowhere, and now…is this SAND?! ARGH! What’s going on!?’ I thought, starting to flail my hooves like a madmare. When I was in my house, I wasn’t expecting weird light shows that took me into a crazy trip to wherever the hay is this place!

But suddenly, I heard a scream, coming from above.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-!” “What the-“ (THUD).

Ugh…what the hay happened now?...And more importantly, who is crushing me down?!’ I wondered, trying to get a look at my flying assailant. But when I turned my head to see who wanted to fall on top of me, I was surprised…really surprised.

“Ugh…where am I?…Is this sand?! Why in Celestia’s name am I in the beach?! What in the wide wide world of Equestria happened?!” The voice came from the musician of the Canterlot Orchestra, Octavia…what the hay is SHE doing here!?

“Oh my Celestia, I don’t know where I am i- OH! Um…is that you, urmm…Vinyl Scratch was it?” She asked me, finally looking down to look at who she had crushed.

“Yes, thank you for recognizing my name ‘Tavi. Now would you please get the HECK off me?!” I screamed at her, wanting some air for my own. Seriously, she needs to act faster!

“Oh yes, so sorry Miss Scratch. And please, I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t call me ‘Tavi.” She told me, moving from above me, and then giving me a hoof to help me lift up, which I gladly took. We may not exactly know each other, and I don’t see each other in a very friendly relationship, but hey, she’s not a snobby, high-class attitude pony like that jerk Jet Set, so that’s cool. Last thing I needed was to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with someone like him…ugh, I don’t even want to think about it. First he shows at one of my appearances in a party for Canterlot, then he says my music is a bunch of sounds, noise, and that’s it, and then has the nerve to try to TELL me what type of music I should play! You don’t tell a musician what to play! That’s disrespectful, insulting, and just plain wrong! Especially after you insulted them!...I swear, if get my hooves on him…I’ll make him pay. The only reason I didn’t do it before was because I was too shocked when he told me all that. Nobody ever told me such things before. Hay, I may have gotten ponies who didn’t like my songs, but that was it!...Jet Set…next time, you’re going to get one BIG BAD lesson of music from me.

“Ummm…Miss Scratch…are you okay?” Tavi’ asked me. Oh, right. In the middle of my hate thoughts I must have gotten distracted. Gotta need to stop doing that.

“Uh yeah, don’t worry ‘Tavi.” I answered her back, getting my focus again. And again, she showed discomfort when I called her ‘Tavi.

“Please, do not call me that.” She once more pleaded.

“Sorry, but we’re in the middle of nowhere, and you’re the only company so far…and I use nicknames, so…kind of not going to stop that. Plus, it’s shorter.” I casually told her. I’m not about to give up my habits for her. And I’m lazy. Not gonna stop being that. At my words though, she just rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Well…no use trying to deal with that then…” She said, probably resigning to the terrible fate that was me calling her Tavi. Looks like I’m 1-0! “Regardless, we have more important matters to attend. More specifically, where are we?” She said, starting to look at her surroundings. Oh…yeah…that.

“I have no idea. All I can see is sand, sand and san-GAH!” I never finished saying anything because I was, AGAIN, crushed by someone. What the hay?! Do I have a target on me or something today!?

“Oh dear…are both of you okay?!” I could hear the voice of Octavia say, because I couldn’t turn my head well. Ugh, seriously, how much does this guy weigh!? It’s like I can’t even move!

“Eeyup.” A deep voice said. Well, that was short…wait…there’s only one pony I know who would answer THAT short. That explains the weight then…

“Ummm…Big Macintosh?” I guessed to the pony on me, which replied with one “Eeyup”, confirming my suspicions. “Could you PLEASE get off me!? I’m starting to need oxygen in here!” I screamed at him, trying to get my lungs to properly work again. After another “Eeyup”, he lifted himself and moved to the side, once again helped to my hooves with Octavia’s help. AHHH…sweet, sweet fresh air again. How much I missed you!

“Are you okay Miss Scratch?” Octavia asked me for the second time today. I just hope that I won’t get crushed…again. And also…

“Um, Tavi? You don’t need to call me Miss. Just call me Scratch or Vinyl. Both are fine by me.” I told her, getting a bit annoyed at her calling me Miss. I’m up for politeness, but it doesn’t suit me. At all.

“I am sorry, my manners are acting up. However, if you can call me… Tavi, then I may call you Miss Scratch. Seems fair enough, is it not?” She told me, a smug smile on her face. Remind me never to say anything in front of her that can bite me in the flank later. She’s more relaxed than I ever thought she was…which is both good and bad.

“(Sigh) Fair enough.” I said, resigning myself to my own fate. “But anyway, you’re right, where are we-wait. How come I didn’t hear Big Macintosh fall?” I asked, turning myself to the big red stallion. I mean, I’m sure I’d hear him scream out of nowhere. Unless…

“Wait a minute…you didn’t scream when you fell, did you?” I asked once more to him. His answer was like always. Short.

“Eeyup.” Was all he said. Okay, I’m starting to get upset by that…

“So you expect me to believe, that after you were probably taken from your own home, and fell who knows how many meters unexpectedly, you didn’t say so much as “AHHHHHH!” in your fall?” I asked him again, not really believing what I was thinking. However he responded AGAIN with an “Eeyup”. ARGH! I can’t stand it anymore.

“Are you kidding me?!” I screamed at him.

“…Eenope. ah just don’t talk a lot.” He told me back. That’s total-wait, what?! “Y’all know me, ah don’t talk too much, do I?” He asked me, in an absolute blank-faced manner…this suddenly got MUCH more awkward…and I’m not the one causing it…

“Oh…okay…sorry.” I apologized, not really knowing what else to say. Hey, I may not know him much, but I KNOW that he doesn’t usually say any long sentences…and he said one now…I feel like I’m privileged. (I wonder, how would she have felt on “Ponyville Confidential”?).

“No problem, Scratch.” He told me back. In the very little time I spoke with Big Mac, I haven’t so much as HEARD him say another word that wasn’t “Eeyup” and “Eenope”…you learn something new every day, huh?

“Oh, do you two know each other?” Octavia asked us, her face curious.

“Huh? Oh yeah. We talked a bit in the party that was made when Princess Cadance, Twilight and co. beat that evil queen’s flank.” I said to her, which made her say “I see…” in return.

“But let’s get to business. First, do any of you have any idea WHERE in the world of Equestria are we?” I asked to my, for now, only company so far.

“I don’t have any idea at all. It looks like it could be a beach because of all the sand…but I am not sure…” Tavi’ said, her head turning to look at our surroundings.

“Eenope” Was all Big Mac said. Aaaaaaaaand we’re back to the short answers. Well, that didn’t last long.

“Ah ponyfeathers! This is just great! I was calmly relaxing in my house, after some good practice of music and then, light shows, portals and sand gets in my way! Next time, I stay at the club. Now it’s safer than my home if I get sucked into a portal to nowhere from there.” I exclaimed, trying to get my frustrations out. I SERIOUSLY should have stayed at the club. Maybe then I wouldn’t be in this mess.

“You are not the only who was driven into a portal out of nowhere! I was practicing with my cello, as I always do in the evening, and out of the blue, a portal sucks me in and I end up here!” She said, she too shouting at the air. She forgets something…

“You mean, ended up “crushing me”…right?” I told her, trying to make my sarcasm as obvious as possible. If I get flattened, then I better get some recognition for being a fall mattress!

“Er…yes…I am still very sorry for that.” She answered me. Bowing her head in apology.

“Ah’m sorry too Scratch.” Big Mac apologized, he too bowing his head. Okay, this is getting awkward…

“(Sigh) No problem guys…it’s just that, you know, this is getting weird. What the hay should we do anyway?” I asked them both, turning my head to them, trying to get some answers into what we can do.

“Well…our choices are not far and high, are there? If this truly is a beach, then all we have to do is at least walk. We should reach somewhere soon enough. Agreed?” Octavia said, her voice trying to be as firm in her decision as she could put.

“Eeyup” Big Mac said. Well, that does it I guess…

“Yeah…this isn’t going to be fun, but I really hope your right Tavi. I really do.” I told her. I just hope we do end up finding something out there. Either or we’re stranded. JUSSSSSST great…


(After a few minutes)

“(Sigh) I MAY have been mistaken…” Tavi said. ‘Oh, really…

“You don’t say? Might have been for the fact that we have been walking for a lot of minutes and haven’t seen so much as a THING different from sand, right?” I told her, my sarcasm probably not being able to be higher. Next time somepony tells me to walk in an endless sea of sand, I’ll think twice before listening.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Did you have a better idea for this?” She countered, showing some annoyance in her voice.

“No, but at least I wasn’t the one suggesting to walk in a sea of sand!” I answered her back.

“Well then, what do you suggest we do, Miss Scratch?” The grey musician asked me back, a curious smile on her face.

“…I have no idea” I lamely finished.

“I rest my case. I do however, hope I am right. I am starting to get tired.” She said, huffing at the end. Is she kidding me?! Already!? Although I have to admit I’m starting to feel a bit tired myself. Darnit…why did it have to be a bucking desert!


(Another few minutes)

“ARGH! Where in Equestria is that sea?!” I exclaimed already starting to get frustrated with this endless desert.

“You do not need to shout Miss Scratch. Everypony here is getting frustrated, myself included.” Tavi sermoned me, a bit of annoyance in her voice. She, is not helping me relax, at all.

“Speak for yourself. Big Mac here isn’t even sweating not venting at all.” I countered her, looking back to Big Mac who was slightly behind us, walking as if nothing was going on.

“Maybe, but he is used to hard work, is he not?” Octavia told me. Not the time to be right Tavi. Not now.

“Yeah, but-BRRRRRRRRRR! Where did that cold air come from!?” I exclaimed, suddenly feeling a HUGE cold current coming out of nowhere. So, aside from being lost in the desert, we have to stand up to cold! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

“Well, this IS the desert. And it IS night. But I was not expecting to feel the cold so soon (shudder).” Tavi reminded me, she too shuddering at the cold air.

“Thanks a lot Miss Tavi! Do I get a gold star for missing Geography 101?” I asked her, sarcasm taking over me again. At this she just rolled her eyes and kept walking. (Sigh) This just keeps getting better and better.


(Even more minutes later)

“Is that…a neon banner?” I asked, starting to get some hope. We had been walking a good while, and this sign was only hope, hope, and hope for me.

“I think so…do you recognize it Miss Scratch?” Tavi asked me.

“No, I don’t…wait…that’s it! I think I know what that is! It looks like the entrance sign to Las Pegasus! That means we’re still at home! YESSSSSSSSSS!” I shouted in joy. WOOO! We’re still at home, and not only that, we’re in a really cool place! This got WAY better right now!

“Ummm…are you sure it is that Miss Scratch? If it is something else, then we could be in trouble.” Tavi warned me, her voice serious. You know, she’s right. But…

“Maybe. But do you REALLY want to keep on walking in this cold, in the desert until we find something safer?” I asked her back, trying to put on my most convincing face.

“Errr…no…” She trailed off.

“Eeyup.” Big mac added. Glad to know he isn’t dead or something. Honestly, he needs to speak more. Now, onto the most important thing.

“Good enough for me! Civilization, come to me with your wonderful sources of heat!” I shouted, and then started running to the sign.

“Wait Miss Scratch! Wait for us!” I could hear Tavi said, before I heard her and Big Mac’s steps too. All I need is to get of this cold! Besides, what’s the worst that could happen?


And so, I present you, the second arc of the story! Big Macintosh, Octavia, and Vinyl Scratch, in the fabulous city…of Las Vegas! You have no idea how much I’ve waited for this XD. Anyway, here’s the deal.

These arcs are going to be probably shorter than Arcanel’s for various reasons (aside from the fact that it was already longer than intended). First, Arcanel’s arc is the ONLY arc where the POV is mainly that of a human. The rest are all of the ponies that got stuck in other parts of the world. Second, if you hadn’t realized, Arcanel is a thinker. Thus, his POV tends to get WAY much longer. And finally, the technical main arc is the one with Arcanel, and so, this could tend to make these ones shorter. With that, don’t worry. I’ll make sure to make these arcs worth it. Also, like I said before, this is JUST the first part. First, I’ll get to each first part of each arc, then the second and so on. Hopefully, this won’t be bad for you, as it is how I planned to do this whole story ever since I thought of it back in February. And one more thing. As I also said before, the characters in each arc, DON’T relate to the previous one. The only thing in common, is the characters getting teleported because of Twilight’s misspell, but that’s it. Whether they may connect in the future is yet to be thought. And I think that’s it. I hope you enjoy this arc (as well as the story, of course. If I can cause surprise, then job is done XD). Anyway, catchphrase time! Comment, R&R, let your inner GRAMMAR nazi out, throw whatever ideas you have at me, haters ignored, flamers abhorred, etc, etc. CPM out!