• Published 27th May 2013
  • 881 Views, 52 Comments

Assist me!! Princess Luna! - Hallowedsoul



Princess Luna is given the reins for an Equestrian version of "Help me!! Professor Kokonoe!"

  • ...
3
 52
 881

Intermission - New Ideas

Switching to First-Person view, Hallowedsoul is no longer in pony form

I sat at my desk, looking over the potential show ideas (namely who to bring on to it next). I sighed and looked around at my plain, windowless but spacious office. For whatever reason, there was a poster hanging on my wall that said 'Hang in there!' in cheery letters, but instead of your typical kitten hanging from a limb it was... Pinkie Pie hanging from a limb with a huge grin on her face.

"I really need a new office." I mutter darkly.

"Maybe you should ask the Princess for a raise in your cupcake allowance!" The Pinkie on the poster replied.

"How will cupcakes get me a new office?" I ask her and she giggles at me.

"It won't but you'll feel loads better if you had more cupcakes!"

I groaned and thought miserably 'That or I'll get fat and lose my feet to diabetes...'

At that moment, there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I called out and the door opened to admit Princess Luna "Ah, hello Princess. Here to torture me by bringing me on the show again?"

"No, that was just a one time thing." She replies and sits on a cushion in front of my desk "I was actually wondering if you had some new ideas for the show; our fans are expecting a new episode soon and we wouldn't want to disappoint."

"That's just it, though." I sigh heavily "I don't have any ideas and I can't keep throwing the Elements of Harmony out there. I need some filler stuff; do any of the other citizens have problems you are aware of? Maybe... Vinyl Scratch?"

I give Luna a hopeful grin but she shakes her head sadly, dashing my hopes for a chance to work the famous DJ into the show.

"Sadly, there are none that I can find." She replies sorrowfully "And Vinyl Scratch does not keep a regular sleep schedule for me to check on her dreams."

"Damn." I say and lean back in my chair, putting my hands on my face "I was really hoping to catch her at some point."

There was another knock at my door.

"Come in."

It opens and Professor Kokonoe pokes her head in, a wicked grin on her face.

"So... no new ideas, huh?" She asks and I glare darkly at her "Well then, I have some good news and some bad news."

"Let's start with the veggies, get 'em out of the way now." I reply, giving her a serious look.

"I can't help you with your problem."

"What else is new?" I deadpanned "Alright, let's dig into dessert; whatcha got for us?"

"Well, I had my radio on when I was working in the lab and I had it moved out into the Boundary... y'know, for privacy, when it picked up this really strange transmission." She said, her grin widening "After listening to it for a little while, I managed to secure contact information for the station and I rang 'em up. We talked for a few minutes and they decided to send someone over to check us out."

"Okay... where's the rep?" I ask her, and her grin manages to widen even more.

"She's right behind me." Kokonoe says as she pushes the door open fully and steps aside to allow the person behind her in, while Luna and I's mouths drop to the floor and our eyes widen considerably as the rep walks forward, her arms swinging and her hips swaying to some beat only she could hear.

She stops and gives us a picturesque smile full of shiny white teeth.

"Hey there, space cats! Mind if I ask you a few questions about your operation?"

...

...

...

...

"Kokonoe. I'm going to kill you... that's off the record, just to be clear."

Author's Note:

Alright, so I had this brilliant idea and I'm gonna try and work it into my next chapter.

Free cupcakes to the person who figures out what it is.
"A full, made-to-order baker's dozen fresh out of the oven, courtesy of Sugarcube Corner!"

...

That was just shameless, Pinkie.
*Edit: Congratulations to MrBrawler18, he just won himself a batch of freshly baked cupcakes from Sugarcube Corner! "Yay!"